Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 07:42 AM   #451
kermiebudge
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissac View Post
If you go back a few pages there is a discussion on advantage but to some it up someone just recently used them and had a good experience. They said just make sure you check the car over some cars have lots of scratches or dings. We got a great rate and will be using them Dec1-6 for $87ish total
Thanks ....

I started to get really nervous b/c their rates are so good compared to others!!! I did hear they were being bought out again, but I don't think that's officially gone through yet. We had reserved a full-size a while ago- and it's a good thing b/c I just checked and they appear to be sold out of some vehicle types during the dates we'll be there!
kermiebudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #452
mmouse50
DIS Veteran

This is for anyone that has used the KLM code - I did sign up for Flying Blue but didn't write the number down and used the discount code for my National Car rental in December. Am I going to have to have the number when I exit the parking garage?
mmouse50 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-24-2012, 08:59 AM   #453
Nagle
Proud Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse50 View Post
This is for anyone that has used the KLM code - I did sign up for Flying Blue but didn't write the number down and used the discount code for my National Car rental in December. Am I going to have to have the number when I exit the parking garage?
Just used the KLM code 2 weeks ago for a rental at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix and was NOT asked to provide proof of KLM membership.
Nagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #454
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Didn't you get an email from Flying Blue? Your number should be there.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #455
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky0216 View Post
Well.... I decided to use priceline and I hope I didn't make a big mistake. I went on and did a name my own price. I was rejected for a full size at $11.00 a day. Tried $13 and got it. Total price is $181.84 after taxes and fees through Avis. Is Avis an ok rental agency? I am super happy with this rate based on what I have been seeing even with coupons. My only worry is on Priceline a full-size car say's seats 5 with 4 pieces of luggage. On Avis it says seats 5 with 2 pieces.
You did fine! If you go to Avis' website you'll see that it says 2 large pieces and 2 small pieces of luggage fits in into a Full Size car.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:13 PM   #456
Demi_8
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
I am ordering an Entertainment Book today so will probably replace the coupon listed above the with the one in the book (also $25 off) once it arrives.
Like yourself, we also have a ressie with Budget for a mini-van using Budget X474200 (public Travelocity code). Just wondering if you were successful in replacing your coupon with one from the Entertainment Book. I just received my book but unsure about a few things. The Entertainment coupons all ask you to mention a particular BCD code with a CPN #. Does it have to work this way or can I take say the CPN # from the $35 off a 10+ day rental and use it together with the X474200? If they ask for the coupon, isn't there the chance they could question this? Or is it just a try it and see what happens and the worst that can happen is that you don't get the $35 off? Also, can a coupon code that you come across later on be applied when you pick up the car or am I supposed go online to modify the reservation by adding it? Thanks.

Last edited by Demi_8; 11-24-2012 at 01:15 PM. Reason: adding more info
Demi_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #457
onlyoneforme
"A dream is a wish a heart makes"

KLM code and National

Quote:
I got such a great deal (50% off the rate I was quoted without the KLM code) I am somewhat nervous about my reservation too using the KLM code

I booked a rental with National after signing up with KLM/Royal Dutch and used their partner code. I received an email from their Flying Blue club with my "temporary" card. I printed it off and will carry it with our other important papers just in case

Check your email account you used to sign up for Flying Blue membership and see if they sent you an email that you could print off.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:09 PM   #458
fraggle551
DIS Veteran

I am going December 7-10 and just got a car through Costco travel, with Alamo for $82 after taxes!!! I booked one last week and it was $176. Doubled checked today on a whim and cancelled an rebooked!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #459
mzozzietj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraggle551 View Post
I am going December 7-10 and just got a car through Costco travel, with Alamo for $82 after taxes!!! I booked one last week and it was $176. Doubled checked today on a whim and cancelled an rebooked!
Whoaaa, I wish I had costco! I'm going to try with BJs and see if I have any luck.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #460
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi_8 View Post
Like yourself, we also have a ressie with Budget for a mini-van using Budget X474200 (public Travelocity code). Just wondering if you were successful in replacing your coupon with one from the Entertainment Book. I just received my book but unsure about a few things. The Entertainment coupons all ask you to mention a particular BCD code with a CPN #. Does it have to work this way or can I take say the CPN # from the $35 off a 10+ day rental and use it together with the X474200? If they ask for the coupon, isn't there the chance they could question this? Or is it just a try it and see what happens and the worst that can happen is that you don't get the $35 off? Also, can a coupon code that you come across later on be applied when you pick up the car or am I supposed go online to modify the reservation by adding it? Thanks.
I am going to call Budget this week and see what I can find out. I will be sure to post back after I get the scoop!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #461
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi_8 View Post
Quote:
I am going to call Budget this week and see what I can find out. I will be sure to post back after I get the scoop!
I called Budget this morning. "Melody" told me that the coupon codes in the Entertainment book need to be used in conjunction with the BCD # listed on the coupon.

Of course, you never know if she's right . I might try again tomorrow to see if a different agent gives me the same answer.

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 11-26-2012, 05:05 PM   #462
rlduvall
I just sit there and think "Oh, pretty colors."
Now maybe some-one will pick me first for dodgeball

Quote:
I called Budget this morning. "Melody" told me that the coupon codes in the Entertainment book need to be used in conjunction with the BCD # listed on the coupon.

Of course, you never know if she's right . I might try again tomorrow to see if a different agent gives me the same answer.
On the initial quote page where it shows all of the vehicles available in little "boxes", if the coupon can be applied it will indicate that to the right and sideways within that little box.

rlduvall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #463
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlduvall View Post
On the initial quote page where it shows all of the vehicles available in little "boxes", if the coupon can be applied it will indicate that to the right and sideways within that little box.
And that's where the concern comes in.......the coupon says it can be applied when entering the Travelocity code + the Entertainment book coupon. The agent says no.

Just not wanting any hassle when the vehicle is turned back in.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #464
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And that's where the concern comes in.......the coupon says it can be applied when entering the Travelocity code + the Entertainment book coupon. The agent says no.

Just not wanting any hassle when the vehicle is turned back in.
I think as long as the system accepts the coupon you should be fine. I tried to apply the Costco coupon while using the DISBoards code and the system specifically rejected it and told me that I had to use the Costco code to use the coupon.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:33 PM   #465
wannabebelle
Mouseketeer

I booked a minivan a couple of months ago with a Budget code. Dates are 12/8-12/16. I was thrilled with the rate of $350 with budget. However, I checked rates on Orbitz today just to see what the range was. I was able to book a minivan with Dollar (no code) for $288! Woohoo!
wannabebelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: