Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #31
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt
 
taaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,846

Subbing since I'm hoping to have a car from Dec 9-14 but picking up (and probably returning) either at the Car Care Center or the Dolphin since we're staying BWV.

I've reserved my car with Alamo from the Dolphin to Port Canaveral for $40, and returning from Port to Dolphin for $45 but keeping it more days was an additional $45 a day which just seems too high to me. What is a good weekly rate for early December for an economy/compact? (There's only 3A, 1C for this part of our trip.)

I figure if I can't find anything reasonable for those days we'll be okay walking to two parks and taking buses/taxis to the others, but it would be nice if we could find a decent rate ...
__________________
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:13 AM   #32
piglet33
DIS Veteran
 
piglet33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,556

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Subbing since I'm hoping to have a car from Dec 9-14 but picking up (and probably returning) either at the Car Care Center or the Dolphin since we're staying BWV.

I've reserved my car with Alamo from the Dolphin to Port Canaveral for $40, and returning from Port to Dolphin for $45 but keeping it more days was an additional $45 a day which just seems too high to me. What is a good weekly rate for early December for an economy/compact? (There's only 3A, 1C for this part of our trip.)

I figure if I can't find anything reasonable for those days we'll be okay walking to two parks and taking buses/taxis to the others, but it would be nice if we could find a decent rate ...
How are you getting from Alamo to Port Canaveral when you drop off the car? When I called, they told me they don't have a shuttle to drop off and pick up at Port Canaveral.

Right now, I'm picking up Alamo at the Dolphin and dropping it off at MCO for $48 using the Costco rate and a towncar to bring us to Port Canaveral from the MCO Hyatt and then from Port Canaveral to the Dolphin for $200. I'd love to get something cheaper than that.
__________________
piglet33 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-12-2012, 09:32 AM   #33
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran
 
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada, Eh!
Posts: 5,596

I will be watching along with the rest of you. We will need a car from December 23rd - 30th inclusive.

Booked this morning via Budget (using code X474200 and coupon UUWX020 for a free single upgrade), and got an intermediate (which will be upgraded to a full size....I think that's the next category up?) for $279.41 taxes included.

The price isn't great (our August one week rental is currently sitting at $143 all in for a full size) but it might be as good as it will get when our trip falls over the busy holiday season.
__________________
Gina and her two guys ...conquering awesome Orlando, one offsite attraction at a time!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818


Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #34
MondaysChild
Mouseketeer
 
MondaysChild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 147

We have an intermediate level booked 22-29 with fox for $226 total for the week.(booked that a long time ago using carrentalsavers). I am a little nervous about using fox though as they are not onsite and they don't have a great rep. So now I am looking to find a cheap rental downtown just the 25-29th or a replacement for the fox. So far the best I can find is using budget from downtown Disney. $170 for an intermediate, ends up being $215 with tax...not that great, considering 10 more gets us the week..budget onsite for the week from mco is about $267 for our dates.

I have a $200 price point in my head that I don't want to go over for a weekly rental. Would love to get the midweek rental down to $125. 5 months to keep looking!

Last edited by MondaysChild; 07-12-2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Messed up the code info
MondaysChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #35
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt
 
taaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet33 View Post
How are you getting from Alamo to Port Canaveral when you drop off the car? When I called, they told me they don't have a shuttle to drop off and pick up at Port Canaveral.

Right now, I'm picking up Alamo at the Dolphin and dropping it off at MCO for $48 using the Costco rate and a towncar to bring us to Port Canaveral from the MCO Hyatt and then from Port Canaveral to the Dolphin for $200. I'd love to get something cheaper than that.
I'll double check but Alamo has a Port Canaveral location ... the drop off I'm taking the car to is at
CAPE CANAVERAL_ALAMO (COIC76)
6211 N ATLANTIC AVE
CPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920

I think I read on another thread (on one of the DVC boards), that someone said they did this and it was actually an Enterprise drop location that they share with Alamo, and Enterprise takes the cruisers dropping the car off to the port ... I'll call Alamo sometime and make sure though, because otherwise I'll go with National since they also have pick up at WDW and drop off at Port Canaveral and their rates were similar on carrentals.com.
Which location did you talk to? The MCO Alamo? I usually rent from Enterprise but they don't have a pick-up on property at DisneyWorld, so that's the only reason I booked with Alamo.
__________________
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #36
piglet33
DIS Veteran
 
piglet33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,556

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
I'll double check but Alamo has a Port Canaveral location ... the drop off I'm taking the car to is at
CAPE CANAVERAL_ALAMO (COIC76)
6211 N ATLANTIC AVE
CPE CANAVERAL, FL 32920

I think I read on another thread (on one of the DVC boards), that someone said they did this and it was actually an Enterprise drop location that they share with Alamo, and Enterprise takes the cruisers dropping the car off to the port ... I'll call Alamo sometime and make sure though, because otherwise I'll go with National since they also have pick up at WDW and drop off at Port Canaveral and their rates were similar on carrentals.com.
Which location did you talk to? The MCO Alamo? I usually rent from Enterprise but they don't have a pick-up on property at DisneyWorld, so that's the only reason I booked with Alamo.
You better call and check, because that is the location I called and was told they do not pick up or drop off at Port Canaveral. Good Luck!
__________________
piglet33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:48 PM   #37
jbdisneymom13
Disney Addict
 
jbdisneymom13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 133

[QUOTE=Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina;45458330]I will be watching along with the rest of you. We will need a car from December 23rd - 30th inclusive.

Booked this morning via Budget (using code X474200 and coupon UUWX020 for a free single upgrade), and got an intermediate (which will be upgraded to a full size....I think that's the next category up?) for $279.41 taxes included.
QUOTE]

This code is showing me a much lower price than any I've been able to find for our Dec dates. Where is this from? Any restrictions I need to be concerned about??
__________________
Me, DH, DD - 15, and DS - 9

Trips
POR Dec 2003
CBR July 2005
POFQ Dec 2008
POR / OKW Aug 2009
BLT January 2010
AKL Jambo July 2010
POR / BCV and Disney Dream cruise Feb 2011
AKL Kidani Dec 2011
DCL Magic NYC to Canada cruise June 2012
jbdisneymom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #38
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran
 
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada, Eh!
Posts: 5,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdisneymom13 View Post
This code is showing me a much lower price than any I've been able to find for our Dec dates. Where is this from? Any restrictions I need to be concerned about??
Its a Travelocity public code. You might find this thread helpful:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....budget+x474200

__________________
Gina and her two guys ...conquering awesome Orlando, one offsite attraction at a time!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818


Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #39
JLa01844
Mouseketeer
 
JLa01844's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 301

I'm going to need some help! The cheapest I could find came out to be $366(Ford Focus)! That's with a discount code and coupon code applied! Anyone??!!! Last time I went was February 2011 and I paid $140 for 5 days including all taxes and fees!

Pick up MCO 12/2 10am, Drop Off MCO 12/10 5:00pm
__________________
ME, DH, DD3
PAST TRIPS TO WDW: '94, '97, '00, '01, '02, '03, '11, '12, 01/14
UPCOMING TRIPS: Sept 6-13 2014 VWL
JLa01844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:08 PM   #40
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran
 
My2Qtz0205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,356

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLa01844
I'm going to need some help! The cheapest I could find came out to be $366(Ford Focus)! That's with a discount code and coupon code applied! Anyone??!!! Last time I went was February 2011 and I paid $140 for 5 days including all taxes and fees!

Pick up MCO 12/2 10am, Drop Off MCO 12/10 5:00pm
I'm still going to wait a while. We still have time.
__________________


My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #41
Destructsean
DIS Veteran
 
Destructsean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 550

Just did a random Kayak search and got this:

Pick-Up Location:
ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (MCO)
2704 JETPORT DRIVE
ORLANDO, FL 32827

Drop-Off Location:
ORLANDO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (MCO)
2704 JETPORT DRIVE
ORLANDO, FL 32827

Pick-Up Date/Time: Sunday, December 2, 9:00 PM
Drop-Off Date/Time: Friday, December 14, 5:00 PM

Vehicle Type: Economy

Features: Automatic, Air Conditioning, Unlimited Mileage


1 Week @ $112.50/week
5 Days @ $15.41/day = $189.55
Estimated Taxes and Fees: $66.07
TOTAL ESTIMATED CHARGES: $255.62

I booked it.

If something cheaper comes up, great, if not, that's not too shabby IMO.
__________________
Destructsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #42
mzozzietj
DIS Veteran
 
mzozzietj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southeastern MA
Posts: 525

Subbing as well. We initially planned our trip for March but Jetblue just started service from PVD and with it offered crazy cheap airfare ($75/each way) sooooo back to the drawing board on dining ressies and finding a car rental

We'll be looking for anything from 12/1 to 12/9, not picky on size since it's just 3 of us.

On previous trips I remember changing our car reservations multiple times a day sometimes... oh the joys of bargain hunting!
__________________
Stacey 40, DH (Bill) 46, DD (Mary) 5
mzozzietj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #43
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks
 
DiznyDi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Northeastern Ohio
Posts: 2,125

subscribing
__________________
DiznyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:08 AM   #44
nascargirl
DIS Veteran
 
nascargirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bethlehem, PA
Posts: 518

Smile

We are renting with Alamo 12/6-10th. We usually rent a full size vehicle but somehow as of now a convertible is so much cheaper. I am using the Alamo Insiders rate.
__________________
nascargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:40 PM   #45
Destructsean
DIS Veteran
 
Destructsean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 550

Does anyone have any prior experience with FOX rental car?

The reviews I've read online are atrocious!
__________________
Destructsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.