Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #421
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.
 
horselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,978

Thank you to you too Webworm!
__________________
horselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:44 AM   #422
hidingmickey
wuteva
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 68

If we don't pick up at the airport when we arrive, where is the easiest location to get to (and what company) while staying at the resorts? Looking at picking up mid trip say Dec 19-26?
hidingmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-19-2012, 07:50 AM   #423
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.
 
horselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,978

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidingmickey View Post
If we don't pick up at the airport when we arrive, where is the easiest location to get to (and what company) while staying at the resorts? Looking at picking up mid trip say Dec 19-26?
Where are you staying?
__________________
horselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #424
hidingmickey
wuteva
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 68

Kidani
hidingmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:22 AM   #425
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012
 
kaytieeldr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!
Posts: 36,609

Alamo/National at the Car Care Center will pick you up.
Or take a bus to DHS, then walk or take the Friendship Boat to the Dolphin.
W
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #426
horselover
I've been bitten by the travel bug & there is no cure.
 
horselover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,978

Hidingmickey - Enterprise will also pick you up. Avis has a desk @ the Hilton near DTD.
__________________
horselover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 AM   #427
hidingmickey
wuteva
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 68

Is there somewhere on this board that tells me which location to book through? I am confused by the addresses and do not want to pick one up in the wrong location you know.

The Swan has a car rental location there? Are the sites walkable from DTD if we start there and do not get one that picks up?

Is it worth it or just suck it up and ride the busses
hidingmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #428
webworm
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzmom View Post
I went ahead and booked with Alamo - southwest ff code: 7015765 & visa coupon: AD2338FDF... rate of $371.25.
If you sign up for the Alamo Insiders which is free and allows you to checkout faster and gives you the free additional driver you will get the same total of $341. The ID for alamo insiders is 7015135 and E-Coupon AD8ZZ7SDJ for $30 off. The e-coupon is from alamo's website and not a costco one. Glad I could help.
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #429
nuzmom
a real Robinhood
 
nuzmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: southwest of Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,162

Quote:
Originally Posted by webworm View Post
If you sign up for the Alamo Insiders which is free and allows you to checkout faster and gives you the free additional driver you will get the same total of $341. The ID for alamo insiders is 7015135 and E-Coupon AD8ZZ7SDJ for $30 off. The e-coupon is from alamo's website and not a costco one. Glad I could help.
Oh, I see the id# now!!! Thanks. We are already Alamo Insiders - Do you have to use that id# in order to receive the benefits (free driver, kiosk check-in)?
I guess, for the same price, I should change the number.

I'm sorry, I can't find the coupon. Sigh. Is it on their website somewhere?
__________________


Upcoming: AKV, Dec '14
Past: AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78
nuzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:00 PM   #430
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 31,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidingmickey View Post
Is there somewhere on this board that tells me which location to book through? I am confused by the addresses and do not want to pick one up in the wrong location you know.

The Swan has a car rental location there? Are the sites walkable from DTD if we start there and do not get one that picks up?

Is it worth it or just suck it up and ride the busses
There is a "sticky" at the top of this forum that has a list of the WDW car rental locations. The Swan is NOT one of them. Car rental is over in the Dolphin. Many of the DTD locations are walkable or they will pick you up. I would call the location you are considering to find out more.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #431
webworm
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuzmom View Post
Oh, I see the id# now!!! Thanks. We are already Alamo Insiders - Do you have to use that id# in order to receive the benefits (free driver, kiosk check-in)?
I guess, for the same price, I should change the number.

I'm sorry, I can't find the coupon. Sigh. Is it on their website somewhere?
Once you enter your insiders ID number and last name the ID for insiders code will populate when doing a search and yes you need it in reservation for benefits. The link for e-coupon is below.
https://www.alamo.com/index.do?actio...mo-nfcu-30-off
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:57 AM   #432
CarRentalSavers
Money Saver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by webworm View Post
Once you enter your insiders ID number and last name the ID for insiders code will populate when doing a search and yes you need it in reservation for benefits. The link for e-coupon is below.
Just an FYI, that coupon is for Navy Federal Credit Union members.
CarRentalSavers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:08 AM   #433
nuzmom
a real Robinhood
 
nuzmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: southwest of Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,162

I'll stick with the visa coupon - AD2338FDF & Alamo insider id#7015135.
If someone didn't want to do Alamo insider (don't know why), the Southwest FF id#7015765 gives the same price.
With the low price for the mid size SUV, Alamo gives me a much better price than National.
__________________


Upcoming: AKV, Dec '14
Past: AKV - Aug/Sept '13, OKW - Dec '12, AKV - Sept '11, SSR/AKV - Dec '10, AKV/BLT - Sept 09, SSR - Oct 08, SSR - Dec 07, POR, DCL, BWV - Aug/Sept 06, SSR - Dec 05, BWV - Sept 05, OKW - Dec 04, FWCabins - Sept 04 (became DVC member), FWCabins - Sept 99, Contemporary - June 89, Offsite - May 84, Contemporary - Dec 82, DL - 78
nuzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:55 AM   #434
Chase'n'Ciera
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Dundee, IL
Posts: 30

Alamo Premium Dec. 7-23 $335

Used only insiders and visa winter coupon.

Quite a savings from the KLM/national combo we were using. We were at $520+/- for mid size/emerald isle.
Chase'n'Ciera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #435
Southernswthrt
Mouseketeer
 
Southernswthrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 205

Just tried Alamo and still getting 400+ for dec 8-15 for full size. Cheapest is mid size SUV for 378

This is with insiders and free day coupon
Southernswthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.