Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 08:10 PM   #361
Dan Murphy
We are family.

I ran a National quote for my son....

Minivan, 12/9-16, KLM code, Entertainment $30 coupon, $289 total.

Why she runs.....

Random acts of kindness, no matter how small, are never really lost. They live forever in the hearts of those who are fortunate enough to be on the receiving end of them----Lady M
dmurphydis@sbcglobal.net

Dan Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #362
EEyorelover22
I want to live in the Castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBecks View Post
OK, so I did it through priceline and I think I did quite well....

December 8 2012 - December 17 2012 -- 9 day rental -- Minivan
Purchased: Avis at MCO airport
Rate: $20/day
Total cost with fees: $282.09

The best price I had seen a while bak was about $400 with all fees for a minivan.

The only mistake I may have made is our car pick up is at 7:30 and our return time is at 6 a.m. (our flight arrives at 7 p.m. and departs at 8 a.m.) My husband says I should have made the car return time about an hour later.... I wonder if we have to stress about hitting 6 a.m. or not.... I think we will be OK. I will ask at the desk if we will be OK if we end up a little bit later with the car return. It will be a very early morning coming home.

Back to priceline, I think I got a *great* rate. My first unsuccessful bid was $14/day for a full size SUV. Then I bid $20/day for the minivan.

--Karen
I must not be going far enough on priceline...I get to the CC page and I stop...do you have to take whatever it gives you regardless?

It's accepts no matter what I put in so I have to be doing something wrong.
EEyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #363
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEyorelover22 View Post
I must not be going far enough on priceline...I get to the CC page and I stop...do you have to take whatever it gives you regardless?

It's accepts no matter what I put in so I have to be doing something wrong.
It won't tell you if your bid is accepted until you enter your CC info and accept the terms of rental. Make sure to read my tutorial so you know what price to offer for your dates: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37158615 . For instance an SUV is more on Hotwire than a Minivan so I'm not shocked that KBecks was denied the SUV at a lower price than the Minivan. Her bid of $20 for the minivan ($30 on Hotwire) was a good starting bid.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:17 AM   #364
EEyorelover22

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
It won't tell you if your bid is accepted until you enter your CC info and accept the terms of rental. Make sure to read my tutorial so you know what price to offer for your dates: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37158615 . For instance an SUV is more on Hotwire than a Minivan so I'm not shocked that KBecks was denied the SUV at a lower price than the Minivan. Her bid of $20 for the minivan ($30 on Hotwire) was a good starting bid.
So...do I HAVE to take it then? Sorry...just don't want to get stuck with a super high rental! I don't think I'll have much luck either.

My dates are HIGH on hotwire

I have a back up rental for $36 per day and 60% of Hotwire doesn't beat that by much.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:40 PM   #365
KBecks
First 5-day trip to Boardwalk Inn in May!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEyorelover22 View Post
So...do I HAVE to take it then? Sorry...just don't want to get stuck with a super high rental! I don't think I'll have much luck either.

My dates are HIGH on hotwire

I have a back up rental for $36 per day and 60% of Hotwire doesn't beat that by much.
How it worked for me is that I used the "choose your price" or "name your price" option, and then you enter the class of car and the price per day that you want to pay.... then you enter your billing info and then click that you are OK with them setting you up with a car rental for those exact dates and times at that price. It shows you all the taxes, etc. and a total before you say OK and accept.

Then Priceline will check with the 5 car rental places (or however many) to see if they can confirm your deal. My bid for the SUV was rejected, but then I was offered to try again on another class of car.

So when I put in my billing stuff and agreed to pay I didn't know which agency I would get. That is the wild card. Hope that helps!!!

I have now already been charged for the rental and it's non-refundable and nonchangeable. That is the other catch to Priceline.

I thought it was a good experience so far and would be really curious about trying it for a hotel... however I don't travel that much and so don't have a lot of opportunities to practice getting great at shopping.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #366
EEyorelover22

Thank you very much! It is very helpful.
I'll see as I get closer what I do
We have to have a rental.

I have used Hotels.com which is refundable twice now and I have had good luck with them. I believe their reveiws are VERY accurate too so be sure to check those. Hotels.com is very different from priceline though I'm sure.

The first time, I wish I had read the reviews...the area of the hotel was not the best and the reviews indicated that too.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #367
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

subbing
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF,BCV),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (SSR),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:34 PM   #368
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt

Hmm ... I've been continuing to check prices on my dates (12/5-12/14, from anywhere around Walt Disney World), and it seems like prices are going up, not down. Even the city special rate I got from Dollar seems to have gone up another $50, so I'm glad I got it for $206 for 9 days.

I was really hoping Enterprise would come down as they're my favorite company, but they've just been super high lately. I just got back from a quick trip to California for a job interview and Budget's Costco rate was half the price of Enterprise ... I liked the car but the service left a lot to be desired. Oh well.
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #369
SAT887
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren
Hmm ... I've been continuing to check prices on my dates (12/5-12/14, from anywhere around Walt Disney World), and it seems like prices are going up, not down. Even the city special rate I got from Dollar seems to have gone up another $50, so I'm glad I got it for $206 for 9 days.

I was really hoping Enterprise would come down as they're my favorite company, but they've just been super high lately. I just got back from a quick trip to California for a job interview and Budget's Costco rate was half the price of Enterprise ... I liked the car but the service left a lot to be desired. Oh well.
I got better rates with enterprise not logging in with my reward #.... A little under $200 with taxes and fees.... Hotwire also was a little cheaper but not so much that it was worth pre paying....
SAT887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:16 PM   #370
Demi_8
Earning My Ears

We will be visiting family in Boca Raton before heading to WDW. Only rented a couple of times and just need some help understanding how the upgrades work. I think I know but just want to make sure so that I don't make any mistakes when booking. Our dates are Dec. 23 to Jan 6 and we are looking for a mini van or SUV. Yes, another one of these crazy people who decided to travel during the height of the holiday season when literally everything is sky-high, but just have to see Disney at least once during the holidays. Flying into FLL but renting in Boca to save some $ and flying out of MCO. Seem to be getting the best prices with Budget X474200 ($514.75 w/tax incl for a mini van). I'm also getting a good price through Budget using the combination of BCD Z235350 with coupon UUGZ039 for a free one car group upgrade when you rent a compact thru full size. This is giving me $391.51 for a full size that states coupon applies. Does this mean that if I book the full size that when we get to the counter we can get upgraded to the next level showing which would be the intermediate SUV?
Demi_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:09 PM   #371
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi_8 View Post
We will be visiting family in Boca Raton before heading to WDW. Only rented a couple of times and just need some help understanding how the upgrades work. I think I know but just want to make sure so that I don't make any mistakes when booking. Our dates are Dec. 23 to Jan 6 and we are looking for a mini van or SUV. Yes, another one of these crazy people who decided to travel during the height of the holiday season when literally everything is sky-high, but just have to see Disney at least once during the holidays. Flying into FLL but renting in Boca to save some $ and flying out of MCO. Seem to be getting the best prices with Budget X474200 ($514.75 w/tax incl for a mini van). I'm also getting a good price through Budget using the combination of BCD Z235350 with coupon UUGZ039 for a free one car group upgrade when you rent a compact thru full size. This is giving me $391.51 for a full size that states coupon applies. Does this mean that if I book the full size that when we get to the counter we can get upgraded to the next level showing which would be the intermediate SUV?
According to the coupon:
http://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/html...UUGZ039&logo=0
Quote:
Receive a Free One-Car-Group Upgrade when you rent a Compact through a Full-Size Four-Door car. Maximum upgrade to a Premium car.
So, no. The upgrade is to a Premium and not an SUV or Minivan.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:01 AM   #372
Rpsemont
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpsemont
A couple days ago, I got Alamo Mid size for $195 12/13-12/21 ( 8 days - 2 hours) I've not been able to use Alamo my last couple trips. Will keep checking for lower, but that's not bad. I prefer Alamo because of using the kiosk and with Alamo Insiders we can both drive.
Quote:
What codes did you use?
It's priced as Alamo Insiders member. No other codes.
Anne
Feb 2003 - BWV and DOLPHIN;
Oct 2003 - Sher. Safari, Dolphin, BWV
Feb 2004 - BWV, Renaissance@Seaworld, OKW
Nov 2004 1st trip home! BWV,OKW;Feb 05 OKW,POFQ
Rpsemont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #373
tchrchgo
Mouseketeer

Just got a full size rental from Avis on Priceline for 12/15-12/19 for $123 total out the door.
tchrchgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:34 AM   #374
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Just cancelled my standard car with Dollar ($259.73 with tax) under the Vacation Outlet promo code BJAS.

Rebooked with Budget for a Standard SUV. Used BCD X474200 (Travelocity public code) and coupon MUWZ023 ($25 off). Total before coupon was $302.84 including taxes, less the coupon for a final cost of $277.84.

Our dates are December 23 - 30.

We drive a Dodge Journey here at home, and felt squished in an Impala during our August trip, so for the extra $18.11, we thought it was worth it to upgrade to something a little more familiar. Plus, we get a free spousal driver through Budget if I remember correctly, which would run us $9.99 per day through Dollar if we had decided to add it on.

I am ordering an Entertainment Book today so will probably replace the coupon listed above the with the one in the book (also $25 off) once it arrives.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:04 AM   #375
webworm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post

With Alamo using costco ID 7014627 and e-coupon AD2335FDC for $30 off you can get a premium car for $220 which includes free additional driver. Dollar charges $10/day for the additional driver.
webworm is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: