Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #16
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mae5731 View Post
Thanks! Standard SUV $225 with tax comes to $302. Now I have the next six months to play the beat this price game
I'm right there with you! Oh the coupon I was talking about is MUGZ001. It's not one you need to print either. It's from BJs. They will take it off when you return the vehicle.

maciec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #17
encinc
DIS Veteran

Anyone found any good deals lately? I'm looking for a one-way rental between MCO and RSW (we're spending a week on the beach after our DIS vacation) in mid-December. The rates are WAY higher than I've ever seen before. I currently have a reservation with Budget for $676 for the 15 day rental for a compact car (using a Costco code) from December 6 to 21. I'd budgeted $500. Unless things change, we'll be pinching our pennies to pay for the rental car.
encinc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2012, 06:56 PM   #18
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by encinc View Post
Anyone found any good deals lately? I'm looking for a one-way rental between MCO and RSW (we're spending a week on the beach after our DIS vacation) in mid-December. The rates are WAY higher than I've ever seen before. I currently have a reservation with Budget for $676 for the 15 day rental for a compact car (using a Costco code) from December 6 to 21. I'd budgeted $500. Unless things change, we'll be pinching our pennies to pay for the rental car.
I haven't found anything remotely reasonable. So far most of the coupons end on June 30 so I'm hoping that something comes out soon that will include the end of the year. I have some options that I'm looking at, because we're flying down late on Nov. 30 but staying at the MCO Hyatt. The next day we're heading to the Port for our Disney Cruise and then heading to the Dolphin for Dec. 8. Last year it wound up being so much cheaper for me to have the car rental the whole time we were on the cruise and pay for parking than to split it up. I just hope we find some good deal someplace. We're probably going to use our Visa Check Card so Alamo is the best option for us, because of that.

Good luck. Hope you find something.
Old 06-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #19
formill
DIS Veteran

So far we have a mini van with Budget using BCD X474200 for 15 days Dec 21-Jan5 for $701 taxes included. That's slightly higher then what we paid last year. Hoping it will come down will keep checking! We need a car for 7 days during that time as well-we can pick up and return in Kissimmee- I was getting prices for a compact car with Budget for $162(plus taxes) a week through car rental savers but now that same car is $445 for the week- there is an SUV for $242. It is crazy how much the prices change day to day hour to hour.
formill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:22 AM   #20
skeeter31
Mouseketeer

I know it's still WAY too early to start booking cars for December, but I got my "just in case" reservation with Alamo the other day. We're going for a 3 night long weekend 12/13-12/16 and I was able to get a convertible from Alamo for $201 total. Still $100 more than my weeklong standard rental during Memorial Day, but for a convertible it's pretty good.

I'm sure I'll change the reservation about 45 times between now and 12/13 though!

Me DW Bella
skeeter31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #21
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
I know it's still WAY too early to start booking cars for December, but I got my "just in case" reservation with Alamo the other day. We're going for a 3 night long weekend 12/13-12/16 and I was able to get a convertible from Alamo for $201 total. Still $100 more than my weeklong standard rental during Memorial Day, but for a convertible it's pretty good.

I'm sure I'll change the reservation about 45 times between now and 12/13 though!
Actually, it's not early at all. Last year I had my car rental booked in March for our December trip. This year, none of them have any good deals yet.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:43 AM   #22
mae5731
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
That's me.... Heck I changed it 5 minutes after I reserved initally to add a coupon! Change 1 in the books and reservation wasn't even an hour old
Old 07-07-2012, 11:06 AM   #23
Southernswthrt
Mouseketeer

Subscribing to this thread for our December 8-15 trip. Will be needing a minivan and a car, probably standard or mid-size unless I can get a great deal.

Reading through the July 2012 Rental Car thread, I am shocked at the high rates and sure hope they come down again for December.

Anyone with experiences with Budget? I've only rented from Alamo/National and would prefer to continue but will be willing to change if the price is right! Do you get to pick your own car? Is it as easy as Alamo/National?
Southernswthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:26 PM   #24
Southernswthrt
Mouseketeer

OK - so I've made 2 reservations as a starting point (knowing I'm waaaayy too early)!

Alamo - Full size Crossover - $392.05 Using Insiders ID and $35 AA coupon OUCH

National - MidSize Emerald Aisle - $223.94 Using the dreaded KLM code - still not sure about this, but I did sign up for Flying Blue. Hoping to hear more experiences with the code and whether anyone else was ever charged the balance. By far the best price right now, but if I can get something better with a different code, I'll switch.

So let the car rental games begin...LOL
Southernswthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #25
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernswthrt View Post
Subscribing to this thread for our December 8-15 trip. Will be needing a minivan and a car, probably standard or mid-size unless I can get a great deal.

Reading through the July 2012 Rental Car thread, I am shocked at the high rates and sure hope they come down again for December.

Anyone with experiences with Budget? I've only rented from Alamo/National and would prefer to continue but will be willing to change if the price is right! Do you get to pick your own car? Is it as easy as Alamo/National?

We used Budget last year and it was fine. I used the X475200 and MUGZ001 coupon and my rate for a mini an for the week (Satuday-Friday) was $269. It couldn't be beat. We got a beautiful silver Town & Country. While I didn't get to pick my car per say he did give me the choice between the T&C and a Nissan.

We are renting a van for the same rate in December. No one can come close to their price for a van

maciec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #26
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciec View Post
If you are looking for a minivan I just booked mine with Budget using x474200. Comes to just under $300. It's the same rate I had last October and could never find anything better. There is also a coupon that is currently expired, but it's been around since last year and every so often they will extend the expiration to get you another $20 or $25 off.
I just used this code and it saved me $686 on two minivan rentals over christmas and new years!

phins_jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:01 PM   #27
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

I used Priceline for our Disney vacation last January, and I'm thinking I'll just use it again.

We needed the most basic of economy cars and ended up getting one for $14 a day.

Are there any deals that come out better than that?

It was $189 for 8 days, total.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:08 PM   #28
piglet33
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean View Post
I used Priceline for our Disney vacation last January, and I'm thinking I'll just use it again.

We needed the most basic of economy cars and ended up getting one for $14 a day.

Are there any deals that come out better than that?

It was $189 for 8 days, total.
Last Nov/Dec, I used a Costco code and coupon and got a midsize for 10 days for $215. I can't find anything even close to that for this year.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #29
Destructsean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet33 View Post
Last Nov/Dec, I used a Costco code and coupon and got a midsize for 10 days for $215. I can't find anything even close to that for this year.
Last year I booked the car on 11/16 for a pick up date of 01/09. I'm thinking I'll wait and try my luck again as we get closer.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #30
candielips
DIS Veteran

I am so glad I came over here. I used the x474200 code and got a much better rate.
I got a minivan from Dec 28 to Jan 12 for $495 plus taxes. I am still not sure how the taxes make it come up to $640?????

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: