Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  


Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #226
schriverl
Mouseketeer
 
schriverl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 188

I don't know what I am doing wrong!! I'm trying for Alamo. My dates are Nov 29 to Dec 9. No matter what coupons or id's I try I always get the same rate?? It says $405 for compact every time with no codes and with codes. Please help!!
__________________
Me DD9 DS4



schriverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #227
keliblue
It's kinda like a constant bad hair day
 
keliblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 3,480

Quote:
Originally Posted by schriverl View Post
I don't know what I am doing wrong!! I'm trying for Alamo. My dates are Nov 29 to Dec 9. No matter what coupons or id's I try I always get the same rate?? It says $405 for compact every time with no codes and with codes. Please help!!
I just tried it and it's doing the same thing.. something is not right

I just tried it thru Costco and it was over $500 !! really !! for a compact.. what a joke
__________________
DVC owner VWL & VB
Faith....Trust...& Pixie Dust

















keliblue is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-11-2012, 01:47 PM   #228
schriverl
Mouseketeer
 
schriverl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by keliblue View Post
I just tried it and it's doing the same thing.. something is not right
Thank you for trying
__________________
Me DD9 DS4



schriverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 01:56 PM   #229
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 31,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by schriverl View Post
I don't know what I am doing wrong!! I'm trying for Alamo. My dates are Nov 29 to Dec 9. No matter what coupons or id's I try I always get the same rate?? It says $405 for compact every time with no codes and with codes. Please help!!
According to http://www.carrentalsavers.com/ your 2 weeks are $286 with taxes for an Intermediate with Advantage. It might be a good backup plan to book now and work on getting a deal with Alamo later.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:18 PM   #230
schriverl
Mouseketeer
 
schriverl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
According to http://www.carrentalsavers.com/ your 2 weeks are $286 with taxes for an Intermediate with Advantage. It might be a good backup plan to book now and work on getting a deal with Alamo later.
Thank you. I appreciate your help... but for that price I'll be riding the bus for sure and probably getting a coupole 1 day rentals for shopping.
I'm finding there are blackout dates for my time. I wish I knew what they were. I've also been trying just 12/1 to 12/8 at the car care center with no luck of any Q's working.
__________________
Me DD9 DS4



schriverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #231
mae5731
Mouseketeer
 
mae5731's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big D, Texas
Posts: 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by schriverl View Post
Thank you. I appreciate your help... but for that price I'll be riding the bus for sure and probably getting a coupole 1 day rentals for shopping.
I'm finding there are blackout dates for my time. I wish I knew what they were. I've also been trying just 12/1 to 12/8 at the car care center with no luck of any Q's working.
I think the thing that may throw a monkey wrench into really cheap rates for your original days is the time period...it's not a week, or a weekend or some even rental period like that. They will bill it as a week plus three days or whatever it is...
__________________


mae5731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #232
robinb
DIS Veteran
 
robinb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 31,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by schriverl View Post
Thank you. I appreciate your help... but for that price I'll be riding the bus for sure and probably getting a coupole 1 day rentals for shopping.
I'm finding there are blackout dates for my time. I wish I knew what they were. I've also been trying just 12/1 to 12/8 at the car care center with no luck of any Q's working.
OK ... but that rate is really good for a 2 week period. Your rental is for 10 days, so it's coming up as two weeks.

As for your couple 1-day rentals, you don't need to rent at the Car Care Center. You can look down on Hotel Blvd for a car rental too as some places will pick you up.

ETA: It looks like it's charging $147 for a week, then $21 per day for the extra 3 days.

ETA2: Hotwire has a compact for $247 and a Midsize for $269. Priceline will be cheaper. Look at my post a page or two back about bidding on Priceline.
__________________
DVC Member since 1997
Walt Disney World 2013 * Disneyland Paris 2012 * Disneyland 2011 * Hong Kong Disneyland 2007 * Tokyo Disneyland 2007

Last edited by robinb; 10-11-2012 at 04:16 PM.
robinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #233
chefmb
DIS Veteran
 
chefmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 613

Frustrated...

I've also had trouble finding a good rate for my dates-11-29/12-4. The cheapest I've found is Dollar with the vo5013 code found on this thread. That totals $232.89, which is significantly cheaper than other rates I have found with the various codes--most are around $300. Last year, we were one week later-still a Thursday through Tuesday, I modified my reservation exactly a year ago, and it was $115.30 total ($72.67 base rate) with Dollar. What is going on this year? It's double what I paid last year! At this rate, we may be doing Disney transportation, but we really like having the freedom with the rental car. My DH especially wants it for departing day so we can just load all the luggage in the car, head to the park all day, and drive to the airport. We really don't want to mess with storing our luggage. I'll keep searching.
__________________
Nothing planned now Waiting for the next deals to convince DH to go back
1996-Dolphin, 1999-offsite, 2003-CBR, 2007-2010-2013-POP, 2011-POFQ, 2012-BC, 2013-CBR, 2014-CSR
chefmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #234
schriverl
Mouseketeer
 
schriverl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 188

I would like to thank everyone for your help and tips. I'm really happy to know there's not something wrong with my computer !! This is why I love the Dis!!
__________________
Me DD9 DS4



schriverl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #235
jgraney106
DIS Veteran
 
jgraney106's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 877

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefmb View Post
My DH especially wants it for departing day so we can just load all the luggage in the car, head to the park all day, and drive to the airport. We really don't want to mess with storing our luggage. I'll keep searching.
Why not just use the Disney resort baggage check. We've used it many times with no problem. In fact we like it better than hauling the darn bags to the airport to check. Disney will print your boarding passes and you can also pay the baggage fees there. Makes it hassle free ! Just have to get yourself to the airport, and you will see your bags again when you arrive at your home airport! So actually your hubby doesn't really need a car for that either if you can't find a good rental rate for a car. Good Luck with whatever you end up doing and have a fantastic trip!
jgraney106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:44 PM   #236
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?
 
maciec's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Ocean City, Maryland
Posts: 4,346

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraney106 View Post
Why not just use the Disney resort baggage check. We've used it many times with no problem. In fact we like it better than hauling the darn bags to the airport to check. Disney will print your boarding passes and you can also pay the baggage fees there. Makes it hassle free ! Just have to get yourself to the airport, and you will see your bags again when you arrive at your home airport! So actually your hubby doesn't really need a car for that either if you can't find a good rental rate for a car. Good Luck with whatever you end up doing and have a fantastic trip!
That's sort of what we do. DD and I will get the car and send the boys on ME with our luggage. On the way back we do RAC at the resort so we don't have to worry about hauling our luggage.
__________________
Melissa



maciec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #237
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran
 
ashleyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: newark, de usa
Posts: 878

Just planned a "spur of the moment" trip for 12/16 - 12/20. Looked at car rental prices. Ouch. Of course, I booked for Sun - Thurs to not have to pay "weekend" hotel rates at WDW, but almost all coupons and other specials require a Saturday night stay. This happened last trip in late April, but got a code/discount at the last minute with Dollar. Hope the same happens this trip!
__________________
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse; Jul 14 - CSR; Oct '14 POFQ/CSR
ashleyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #238
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran
 
ashleyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: newark, de usa
Posts: 878

Checked Dollar for my dates and the "cheapest" car that came up was a premium (Crown Vic or equivalent - lol!). Used the 4PMVM code and got total price of $231.98 for 5 days. I really don't want a car that big, but if its cheaper than the compact, why not?

Will keep checking over the next two months and see what happens!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyrm View Post
Just planned a "spur of the moment" trip for 12/16 - 12/20. Looked at car rental prices. Ouch. Of course, I booked for Sun - Thurs to not have to pay "weekend" hotel rates at WDW, but almost all coupons and other specials require a Saturday night stay. This happened last trip in late April, but got a code/discount at the last minute with Dollar. Hope the same happens this trip!
__________________
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse; Jul 14 - CSR; Oct '14 POFQ/CSR
ashleyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #239
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran
 
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Canada, Eh!
Posts: 6,848

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyrm View Post
Checked Dollar for my dates and the "cheapest" car that came up was a premium (Crown Vic or equivalent - lol!). Used the 4PMVM code and got total price of $231.98 for 5 days. I really don't want a car that big, but if its cheaper than the compact, why not?

Will keep checking over the next two months and see what happens!
You received a premium car at the preferred rate because that code entitles you to the following discount:

"Get 15% off a Premium Car Minivan Mid-size SUV or Standard SUV when you pick up by December 20th 2012."

A compact is not included in that promotion.
__________________
Gina and her two guys ...conquering awesome Orlando, one offsite attraction at a time!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899


Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:57 PM   #240
ashleyrm
DIS Veteran
 
ashleyrm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: newark, de usa
Posts: 878

I priced all the cars first without using any promos (just my Dollar express membership) and the "city special" for the premium size came up at the lowest rates.

Available rates:

Compact - $220 (rates before taxes)
Mid size -$225
Standard - $319
Full size - $234
Premium - $192
Mid size SUV - $211

Premium total was $255.71. Then I added the coupon and the price was $231.98

So, as that's the only current code that runs into December, it was the cheapest option...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
You received a premium car at the preferred rate because that code entitles you to the following discount:

"Get 15% off a Premium Car Minivan Mid-size SUV or Standard SUV when you pick up by December 20th 2012."

A compact is not included in that promotion.
__________________
March 1994 - Poly; 1995 - CBR; Nov 1997 - All Star Music; Dec 1998 - Beach Club; Aug 1999 - Dixie Landings; July 2002 - POR; Summer 2003 - ASMo; Nov 2004 - POR; April 2005 - OKW Jan 2009 - Port Orleans French Quarter; ; Feb 2009 - POR; Mar/Apr 2009 - BC; May 2009 - POFQ; Nov 2009 - Pop; Mar 2011 - All Star Movies; Apr 2012 - POR; Aug 2012 - ASMu; Dec 2012 - CSR; Feb 2013 - ASSports; May 2013- POFQ; Oct 2013 -CSR; Dec 2013 - ASSports; Feb '14 - AKL; Apr '14 - POP; May '14 - SSR treehouse; Jul 14 - CSR; Oct '14 POFQ/CSR
ashleyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.