Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
ColdNeverBotheredMe
Cinnamon on the cocoa, bro!

Does anyone know how to change your username?

I couldn't find anything that told me how to do that, and I'm wondering if I'm just missing something or if I'm stuck with my stupid username forever.

"Fetch me something, I'll break open the gate!"
"Break any breaking here and I'll break your knave's pate!" -Antipholus and Dromio, Shakespeare, The Comedy of Errors

"It's about destroying the status quo. Because the status... is NOT quo. The world is a mess and I just...need to rule it."
-Dr. Horrible
ColdNeverBotheredMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Yeah, you're kinda stuck with it.

I know the feeling, I made this account when I was maybe 13.
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Fairywings is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

you can't.
trust me, we all hate our 12 year old selves who picked these usernames.
i mean just look at mine. nobody has said "beast" since 2009.

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

MickeyisBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #4
Doodle98
"42-42-564, whenever you want to, knock on Death's door."

I am actually quite content with my username, good job 11 year old me, but sorry you can't change it.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:11 AM   #5
ColdNeverBotheredMe

Darn it. That's what I thought, I just wasn't sure if I'd missed the info somewhere.
Although I only made mine a year ago haha, and now I don't like it. Mostly because I used to be obsessed with Frozen and I'm kind of over it now.
You're lucky, Doodle! And mine doesn't lend itself to an easy nickname, which is bothersome. I might just put a nickname in my signature.

"Break any breaking here and I'll break your knave's pate!" -Antipholus and Dromio, Shakespeare, The Comedy of Errors

"It's about destroying the status quo. Because the status... is NOT quo. The world is a mess and I just...need to rule it."
-Dr. Horrible
Old 11-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #6
Merida DunBroch
I will fight, I will fly, taste the wind and touch the sky..

I'd probably just call you Cold if I didn't know what else to call you. Not such a bad nickname.

Mom(30-something) Dad(40-something) Me(16) DB(13) DB(11) DB(9) DS(4)
Official lover of Kristoff Bjorgman of Arendelle!
Merida DunBroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #7
Doodle98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNeverBotheredMe View Post
Darn it. That's what I thought, I just wasn't sure if I'd missed the info somewhere. Although I only made mine a year ago haha, and now I don't like it. Mostly because I used to be obsessed with Frozen and I'm kind of over it now. You're lucky, Doodle! And mine doesn't lend itself to an easy nickname, which is bothersome. I might just put a nickname in my signature.
You could be called Elsa, or Cold, I guess.

The only reason I like my username is because doodle is what my dad called me when I was little, so it's already my nickname. I could change it to so many other witty things but nah.
Old 11-07-2014, 12:53 PM   #8
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

You could be Cold.

I'm Wings, or Perry (that's a long story) but I could even be Fairy or Fay or Pixie of I wanted to

Personally I think we should just assign everbody a Disney character like them and have them go by that.
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
“So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Old 11-07-2014, 01:28 PM   #9
GoofyFunyun
I'm just another one of those forgotten Disney princesses.

Yeah, It sort of bothers me that you can't change it. Not for me, but other people who misspelled their username (not on purpose) and then they're stuck with it. I'm fine with mine and people already call me Goofy. I really don't know where my username came from though...

I think all of your usernames are cool btw
Loki: "You know this is wonderful! This a tremendous idea! Let's steal the biggest most obvious ship in the universe and escape in that! Flying around the city, smash it into everything in sight and everyone will see it! It's brilliant Thor! It's truly brillian..."
First Trip report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3125266

Last edited by GoofyFunyun; 11-07-2014 at 01:36 PM.
GoofyFunyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #10
ColdNeverBotheredMe

Thanks, Goofy!

Yeah, idk, I wasn't really thinking about nicknames when I made my username but I've had people call me Cold. I like the Disney character idea. And Elsa is actually really close to my actual name, so that would work well.

Wings, I thought Perry was your actual name haha.

-Dr. Horrible
Old 11-07-2014, 02:41 PM   #11
expeditioneverestgrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNeverBotheredMe View Post
Thanks, Goofy! Yeah, idk, I wasn't really thinking about nicknames when I made my username but I've had people call me Cold. I like the Disney character idea. And Elsa is actually really close to my actual name, so that would work well. Wings, I thought Perry was your actual name haha.
What's your actual name?
Old 11-07-2014, 04:09 PM   #12
Fairywings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNeverBotheredMe
Thanks, Goofy!

Yeah, idk, I wasn't really thinking about nicknames when I made my username but I've had people call me Cold. I like the Disney character idea. And Elsa is actually really close to my actual name, so that would work well.

Wings, I thought Perry was your actual name haha.
Lol, no, it is the name I was going to be given were I a boy, but I'm a girl.

I won't say much concerning my real name, but I will say it's very common

Old 11-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #13
Doodle98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
Lol, no, it is the name I was going to be given were I a boy, but I'm a girl. I won't say much concerning my real name, but I will say it's very common
I knew your real name at some point, Perry, since I was reading one of your RPs from a few years ago and someone addressed you with it, but I totally forgot and it doesn't even matter anyways, Perry's a great name. XD
Old 11-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #14
disneyanney
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if only one remembers to turn on the light."-Albus Dumbledore

Honestly, it's just a username, it's not what ya have to go by . I think everyone's are great, I've never given them a second thought!
"If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme." -Jiminy Cricket
"The very things that hold you down are going to lift you back up." -Timothy Mouse
"Oh yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or...learn from it." -Rafiki
"Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape, and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people’s business.
Mr. Prongs agrees with Mr. Moony, and would like to add that Professor Snape is an ugly git.
Mr. Padfoot would like to register his astonishment that an idiot like that ever became a professor.
Mr. Wormtail bids Professor Snape good day, and advises him to wash his hair, the slimeball." — The Marauders’ Map

Offsite @ DL Feb 2000 offsite DL Aug. 2000 AKL Jan 2002 OKW Oct 2002 & MNSSHP POR/GF castle view May 2004 DL/SW offsite May 2005 Disney Magic Mar. 2006 Home @ Poly Sept. 2006/2007 + MNSSHP DL offsite Dec. 2008 Disney Wonder & MNSSHP Oct. 2009 POR May 2011 Disney Dream May/June 2012 & WWOHP Royal @ POR May 2013Alligator Bayou@POR +MNSSHP Sept. 2104
disneyanney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:59 PM   #15
ColdNeverBotheredMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by expeditioneverestgrl View Post
What's your actual name?
Elisa, so it's close. But I'd rather be called Elsa because Disney! Another nickname I have is Win, some of my friends call me that. So I'll answer to that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
Lol, no, it is the name I was going to be given were I a boy, but I'm a girl.

I won't say much concerning my real name, but I will say it's very common
Ahhh, okay, I was wondering if it could be a girl's name! I think it could. It's a great name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyanney View Post
Honestly, it's just a username, it's not what ya have to go by . I think everyone's are great, I've never given them a second thought!
Yeah, I guess you're right

-Dr. Horrible

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: