Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #1
Newsies
With faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie dust, may all your dreams come true.

Frozen Summer Fun at Hollywood Studios REPORT

HI GUYS!!!! Okay, so today I got home from my WDW Vacation (). I'm writing a TR, but before I get to my Hollywood Studios day, I decided to report back on the Frozen Summer Fun at Hollywood Studios, since it's so new and people are probably going to want to know about it!!!

First, let's start off with the parade. It's crowded. And short. It's very short. There were literally like two floats- one with Anna and Elsa and one with Kristoff. Then again, I was coming off of RRC when the parade was beginning so maybe I just missed an act or two. There were dancers, but not many floats. But Kristoff was SOOOOO HANDSOME and he winked at me so there's that. AND IT WAS SNOWING, GUYS. DISNEY MADE IT SNOW. RIGHT ON THE STREET.

Now let's move on to Oaken's Trading Post, where they sold all the Frozen merchandise. While you can get a lot of Frozen merch everywhere in Hollywood Studios (they were selling Olaf plushies everywhere I turned), there is some exclusive merch at Oaken's Trading Post, including the elusive Frozen-themed Magicbands. I almost bought one. Keyword almost. But I was by myself and on a budget. But that's a story for another time. Maybe I wouldn't have been so strong-willed if there was an Ariel Magicband, which I hope Disney plans to market and sell to the public next.

What disappointed me about Oaken's Trading Post was their lack of a few popular items. While they weren't lacking Anna and Elsa dresses, there was not a single Kristoff doll or Sven plush to be seen. Not a single troll doll. I feel like there should have been a few of those characters thrown in the mix too. PLUS, all of the Olaf merch was marketed towards guys. Which I totally understand because Anna and Elsa are for the ladies and there's lots of it, but I couldn't find a cute Olaf shirt for moi. Sigh.

But in the end it's all okay because instead of saying "I can help the next customer in line" when a cashier was done ringing someone up, they would say "hoo-hoo!". So I guess that makes up for basically anything else in the universe.

The sing-a-long was cute but nobody was singing along. It just wasn't engaging enough for the masses and people walked right by the sorcerer's hat and the other sing-a-long screen locations without a second glance. Which I completely don't get, because every other time "Let it Go" is playing, everyone in the world is jamming out. Are people afraid of singing on command? Just drink some Throat Coat and warm up your vibratto, people, you'll be fine.

I actually didn't get to see the fireworks or ice skating rink, though. It was raining and my family was tired after the Voyage of The Little Mermaid (aka the most important part of Hollywood Studios) so we went back to the resort before they could start. The footage of it looks awesome, however, and I wish I could have gone back to see it on another night. And as far as ice skating is concerned, forget about it. My ice skating skills are about as pitiful as Gaston's attempts to woo Belle.

Sorry I don't have any pictures. It actually didn't occur to photograph any of it at the time (EXCEPT for Kristoff, which I'm saving for my TR), but looking back I probably should have. Aaaaaaaaand that's my report on Frozen Summer Fun at Hollywood Studios!!!

(PS: If you want to hear more about my crazy adventures at WDW this week, my TR link is in my siggie )
pinterestinstatumblrtwitter

Current TR: "You're definitely feeling and not concealing!" - A practically perfect July 2014 TR!
Past (completed) PTRw/TRs: Disney World July 2014 PTR- "So whatever happens... let's begin!"
Newsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:28 PM   #2
maps823
DIS Veteran

I love the "hoo-hoo" thing! Can't wait to hear more in your TR!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
MissDrawingDisney
Earning My Ears

This is so wonderful! Thank you for all the information! I'm headed to Disney in September, and I am SO Excited for all the new Frozen stuff! But I was wondering what all there was....I'm a total Disney veteran, but these magic bands are freaking me out....there's just a lot of new stuff since I was last there two years ago >~< But anyways, thanks!!!!!!
MissDrawingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 06:44 PM   #4
expeditioneverestgrl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDrawingDisney View Post
This is so wonderful! Thank you for all the information! I'm headed to Disney in September, and I am SO Excited for all the new Frozen stuff! But I was wondering what all there was....I'm a total Disney veteran, but these magic bands are freaking me out....there's just a lot of new stuff since I was last there two years ago >~< But anyways, thanks!!!!!!
Just so you know it ends September 1st!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: