Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

The General "Are You Interested" Thread

So recently, Iíve talked to a bunch of different people and reminisced on my glory days, and realized that then and now people had good ideas for stuff, and some people have done threads to gauge how interested people are in ideas, but itís a rather daunting task to put out an idea for some people. And some people donít like to run stuff but have amazing ideas all the same. And sometimes you have part of an idea but not the whole thing.

So I thought Iíd start this thread, so people can throw out ideas for RPs and stories or novels or plays or whatever the case may be, and see whether people like those ideas or have any suggestions or whatever in an environment thatís casual and not all of the attention is directed at any one person or idea.

Only rule is be nice and constructive and not destructive or condescending.

Iíll start us off with a few things thatís been hanging around my head, but anyone can jump in at any point.

1. The tentatively named Marvel High is by far my newest idea, and possibly the most expansive as well. Imagine a regular high school in NYC, except the relatives of both Marvel heroes and villains went there. This could include anyone from Avengers and their bad guys to SHIELD and Hydra to X-Men and Magneto and his Brotherhood to Fantastic Four and Dr. Doom and the FFís other bad guys to unaffiliated people like Spider-Man, Daredevil, etc and the people that they face. Relatives of villains donít even have to be evil, short version I have a special set up for relatives of villains. There are different rules in place, like ones to make sure people donít go overboard and thereís a rule for people in the YA thread that you canít have the same relations. Meaning in Marvel High I couldnít make a relative of Hulk, Captain America, Fury, or Falcon. However, when and if MH happens, I plan to move my minor characters to this thread, which is allowed.

2. As some of you may know, when Silv decided to take a break she transferred ownership of COD, ASOD and SOD to me. For all three threads I did an extensive spring cleaning and reorganizing of the front pages/character pages, but ASOD and SOD never needed them, as they both have died, and rather soon after. That puzzles me, as COD is still going strong. Plus I was thinking that those threads were kinda no pressure, because there was never any plot that we were trying to get to, which would make it great to incorporate new people. The problem is COD characters are so far developed that the thread kind of scares people from signing up. So I was wondering if anyone else thought it would be a good idea if I started SOD and ASOD over from scratch, except doing it my way. Mainly that would mean instead of splitting good guys and bad guys, Iíd do like COD and make it one school. Not sure whether or not it would be a boarding school. Iíd probably call it Academy of Disney, or AOD.

3. An alternative idea to AOD would be what I like to call Walter E. Disney High School, which Iím thinking of writing a story about anyway. Basically it would be where you would play Disney characters as high school students, and yes I would allow Disney characters to be teachers as well, but only the ones that are definitely adults, like Queen Elinor, King Triton, Mary Poppins, etc. I even have the canon ages of the Disney Princesses, and all of them except Elsa who is 21 are between 14 and 19, so thatís really cool and Iíd provide those. Fairies, mermaids and the like would have to be humans though.
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
ďSo do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.Ē - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Fairywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #2
Silvermist20
Proud Directioner, Disney addict, awesome person, etc etc etc!

I love the last idea and if you want I could run it if you want to persue that. I also like the Academy of Disney idea.
WDW: May 2003 (POR) // July 2004 (SSR) // November 2004 (OKW) // May 2005 (BCV) // November 2006 (OKW) // June 2007 (BWV) // November 2008 (SSR) // May 2009 (BWV) // September 2009 (OKW) // June 2010 (OKW, SSR) // November 2012 (AKV, SSR Treehouse) // February 2013 (VWL, SSR, BLT) // September 2013 (SSR, VWL)

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.
"Happiness hit her like a train on a track." ~Florence + The Machine (Dog Days Are Over)
Disney, basically.
Future Mrs. Stypayhorlikson!

Current PTR/TR: It's My Sweet 16! - Kind Of. An Oct-Nov PTR!! // Past PTR's/TR's: Oh, So You Fly Like Peter Pan? A September 2013 TR

Silvermist20 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
ColdNeverBotheredMe
content to be slightly forlorn

I like that last idea too, that sounds like a lot of fun!!!

"This peppermint winter is so sugar sweet, I don't need to taste to believe... what's December without Christmas Eve?"
"Light me up... and I'll show you the way every year, can't wait for Christmas day, light me up, I've finally figured out what Christmas is all about!"
~Owl City
Merry Christmas!!
ColdNeverBotheredMe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:56 PM   #4
All Tangled Up
Earning My Ears

So I'm new here, and I've been lurking for quite a while, and I've been roleplaying for a loooooong time now (on other websites) and I was thinking of starting my own on here. Now I had an idea:

My idea is basically Disney characters reincarnated into the modern times who will discover who they are. If any of you have seen Once Upon A Time or played The Wolf Among Us, I was thinking something like those, but G-rated There would be several characters for the taking and if someone quits or they're inactive, they'll be open again. Each character would have a hint or a power to who they were in their past life (etc Rapunzel has magical hair, Elsa has manipulation of ice, Ariel can breathe underwater, Hercules is super strength etc). The twist - the Disney villains have been reincarnated as well, but still have their memories of their past lives, and their goal is to eliminate the Disney "good" characters once and for all. I really like this idea and was thinking of starting it on another forum also But I'll bring it here too if people like it.
All Tangled Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 06:57 PM   #5
Doodle98
"42-42-564, whenever you want to, knock on Death's door."

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Tangled Up View Post
So I'm new here, and I've been lurking for quite a while, and I've been roleplaying for a loooooong time now (on other websites) and I was thinking of starting my own on here. Now I had an idea: My idea is basically Disney characters reincarnated into the modern times who will discover who they are. If any of you have seen Once Upon A Time or played The Wolf Among Us, I was thinking something like those, but G-rated There would be several characters for the taken and if someone quits or they're inactive, they'll be open again. Each character would have a hint or a power to who they were in their past life (etc Rapunzel has magical hair, Elsa has manipulation of ice, Ariel can breathe underwater, Hercules is super strength etc). The twist - the Disney villains have been reincarnated as well, but still have their memories of their past lives, and their goal is to eliminate the Disney "good" characters once and for all. I really like this idea and was thinking of starting it on another forum also But I'll bring it here too if people like it.
I LOVE THE WOLF AMONG US LETS DO IT. Bigby is bae.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #6
maps823
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So I'm new here, and I've been lurking for quite a while, and I've been roleplaying for a loooooong time now (on other websites) and I was thinking of starting my own on here. Now I had an idea:

My idea is basically Disney characters reincarnated into the modern times who will discover who they are. If any of you have seen Once Upon A Time or played The Wolf Among Us, I was thinking something like those, but G-rated There would be several characters for the taken and if someone quits or they're inactive, they'll be open again. Each character would have a hint or a power to who they were in their past life (etc Rapunzel has magical hair, Elsa has manipulation of ice, Ariel can breathe underwater, Hercules is super strength etc). The twist - the Disney villains have been reincarnated as well, but still have their memories of their past lives, and their goal is to eliminate the Disney "good" characters once and for all. I really like this idea and was thinking of starting it on another forum also But I'll bring it here too if people like it.
Oooh I like this idea!
Old 08-11-2014, 11:56 AM   #7
Silvermist20

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Tangled Up

My idea is basically Disney characters reincarnated into the modern times who will discover who they are. If any of you have seen Once Upon A Time or played The Wolf Among Us, I was thinking something like those, but G-rated There would be several characters for the taking and if someone quits or they're inactive, they'll be open again. Each character would have a hint or a power to who they were in their past life (etc Rapunzel has magical hair, Elsa has manipulation of ice, Ariel can breathe underwater, Hercules is super strength etc). The twist - the Disney villains have been reincarnated as well, but still have their memories of their past lives, and their goal is to eliminate the Disney "good" characters once and for all. I really like this idea and was thinking of starting it on another forum also But I'll bring it here too if people like it.
I love this idea, but I have one suggestion. I think we should make our own characters.
WDW: May 2003 (POR) // July 2004 (SSR) // November 2004 (OKW) // May 2005 (BCV) // November 2006 (OKW) // June 2007 (BWV) // November 2008 (SSR) // May 2009 (BWV) // September 2009 (OKW) // June 2010 (OKW, SSR) // November 2012 (AKV, SSR Treehouse) // February 2013 (VWL, SSR, BLT) // September 2013 (SSR, VWL)

"Happiness hit her like a train on a track." ~Florence + The Machine (Dog Days Are Over)
Disney, basically.

Current PTR/TR: It's My Sweet 16! - Kind Of. An Oct-Nov PTR!! // Past PTR's/TR's: Oh, So You Fly Like Peter Pan? A September 2013 TR

Old 08-11-2014, 12:10 PM   #8
Cinderella8
Don't question my nerdy logic

Hm, Wings. I really like reading your posts like this, they always make me think :D

I like the Marvel High idea, although I feel like the renewed Schools of Disney Roleplays appeal a little more to me personally.

I think that the Academy for Disney is a great idea. I liked the Schools of Disney a lot, I think it would be a good idea.

Mixed feelings on the Walter E. Disney High School idea.

Quote:

Hm, thar sounds interesting. I think that would be a good idea
Gryffindor Seeker & member of DA & the Order!In the Poseidon cabin!Leader of RiverClan.A Storm Hawk & sky knight of Terra Neverland!I am Spider-Man!True Believer!An Ultra Link!I work for THI.Hunter of Artemis!Avenger & SHIELD agent!H2O mermaid!A water talent!I'm the Shane!The warrior mage!I'm the Avatar.At Monster High!Shadowhunter.Noelle is my BFF!
"A dream is a wish your heart makes." -Cinderella~"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan 2
"Light, dark, there's a little bit in all of us. The trick is finding balance." "Master, please! You don't know Twist like I do!" "Never presume to know the heart of another! Focus on your own inner peace. Are you so sure you know the best path?" -Master Shanai and Eli Shane~"When you're finished with your awkward moment..." -Master Shanai
Don't let them in, don't let them see, be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel, don't let them know! Well now they know! Let it go, let it go! -Elsa
"You're a Shane, aren't ya?" "Yeah. How'd you guess?" "You're acting like one! You plan on going after Blakk?" "I plan on fighting the bad guys wherever I find them."~"I don't know what to say." "Say you'll be the man your father was." -Red Hook and Eli Shane
"Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option." -Spider-Man
"You can act all tough and take over the world, but you can never hide who you really are- a lonely girl who desperately wants a friend." -Piper to Master Cyclonis
"Move out." "No." "Excuse me?" "I said no. No more. You will never hurt another innocent person and then just walk away." -Dr. Blakk & Eli Shane
"Remember, reality is an illusion the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!"-Bill Cypher~"Open fire! Just try not to hit anyone we know!" -Piper
"What's your game, Shane?" "I'm just trying to help my friends... but you wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" -Twist and Eli
Do it for your people, do it for your pride, you're never gonna know if you never even try. Do it for your country, do it for your name, 'cause there's gonna be a day when you're sitting in the hall of fame, and the world's gonna your name! -Hall of Fame
Cinderella8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #9
1elle2
"What makes life valuable is that it doesn't last forever. What makes it valuable is that it ends. And I say it, today of all days, is because time is luck. So don't waste it living someone else's life."-Gwen Stacy

Location: A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... With the Rebel Alliance, flying in the TARDIS, or hanging with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

I love the first and second ideas, but the third doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I just feel like people do better with making their own characters instead of trying to post as a character that's made by someone else. Call me crazy
I am an ISO!SHIELD Agent on Coulson's busYoung Avenger and an X-ManPart of the flock I am the Doctor's companionKingdom Keeper!Hunter of Artemis, daughter of AthenaMemeber of the Mysterious Benedict SocietyGriffindor forever!Cindy, stealth mode is not running up behind someone and yelling STEALTH MODE is their ear. "BAM what!" "Oh really Jack?"
"I can't stop thinking about the others out there, all those minds I touched. I could feel them, their isolation, their hopes, their imbitions. I tell you we can start something incredible, Erik. We can help them."- Professor X
" I'm Agent Grant Ward, and I can shoot the legs off a flea from 500 yards, as long as it's not windy. "-Fitz, imitating Ward
1elle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #10
All Tangled Up
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermist20 View Post
I love this idea, but I have one suggestion. I think we should make our own characters.
Well, that's what I meant... People would be able to make their own characters, but they would be reincarnated from a certain Disney character.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #11
Silvermist20

Quote:
Well, that's what I meant... People would be able to make their own characters, but they would be reincarnated from a certain Disney character.
Oh ok. I thought you meant that you would make the characters.

Disney, basically.

Old 08-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #12
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:

By the way, nice to meet you, I'm Perry, welcome to the Dis.

Pleasantries out of the way, I like this ideas as well, though I've only heard of Once Upon a Time (well, I saw the first episode but I never got to see the show again because I lost it so that doesn't count) and I've never heard of The Wolf Among Us. If you do this, I'm not going to bother with my third idea, because both are similar but yours is better thought out and more expansive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella8 View Post
Hm, Wings. I really like reading your posts like this, they always make me think :D

I like the Marvel High idea, although I feel like the renewed Schools of Disney Roleplays appeal a little more to me personally.

I think that the Academy for Disney is a great idea. I liked the Schools of Disney a lot, I think it would be a good idea.

Mixed feelings on the Walter E. Disney High School idea.

Hm, thar sounds interesting. I think that would be a good idea
lol, thanks Cindy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1elle2 View Post
I love the first and second ideas, but the third doesn't appeal to me for some reason. I just feel like people do better with making their own characters instead of trying to post as a character that's made by someone else. Call me crazy
That's a good point.

I'll probably end up doing both 1 and 2, if I know myself well enough.
Jan.2004-Wilderness Lodge Sept.2005-Coronado Springs Jan.-Feb.2008-Wilderness Lodge Feb.2010-Wilderness Lodge June 2012-Off Site, at Disneyland December 2012-Wilderness Lodge&HRH-WDW/WWOHP! November 2014-Off site, at Disneyland
ďSo do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.Ē - Gandalf
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Old 08-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #13
All Tangled Up
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the welcome, Fairywings

I'm gonna type it up now, but it may take a while because I'm on my phone (I'm actually on vacation in Florida right now, and going to Disney World tomorrow!) but for now, do you guys have tips on how to roleplay on this forum, and start a roleplay? I know every site is different. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-11-2014, 04:23 PM   #14
Fairywings

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome, Fairywings

I'm gonna type it up now, but it may take a while because I'm on my phone (I'm actually on vacation in Florida right now, and going to Disney World tomorrow!) but for now, do you guys have tips on how to roleplay on this forum, and start a roleplay? I know every site is different. Thanks in advance!
No problem.

Lucky you!

Anyway, you can use any kinda format you want, but the normal writing style can be seen on any roleplay basically.

One usually starts with a sign up thread, explaining what its about and holding the sign up form. Usually its up to discretion of the creator on when to start the rp. Usually either they say the rp will start on whatever date they choose or they wait to have like five or six or eight or ten or however many people they want.

There's always a little sign up form. Name, appearance and personality are always there. Age is up to you, I don't know whether it matters or not for this thread, but mostly we play teens so you'll want to mention if everyone is supposed to be an adult. For this thread, you probably want to have a place for which character they are a reincarnation of. Some people like histories and some people like to include a space for other random things.

Old 08-11-2014, 04:42 PM   #15
All Tangled Up
Earning My Ears

Oh okay, thanks! I just finished writing up the story/summar. Thanks again for your tips!

And everyone can be whatever age that they wish to be. There are obviously some exceptions (Mother Gothel, for example) but other than those it will be whatever :P

And if someone wants the qualities of a Disney character but wants to play someone of the opposite gender, they can (Aladdin can be reincarnated as a girl character, for example, if someone wants a personality like his but doesn't want to play a boy). Pretty much the only restrictions are personality (but only a little) and their power/skill. Other than that people can be free in their choices

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: