DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2012, 03:00 PM   #16
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post
OP, sorry to hijack your thread but I gotta ask those who have been,
What if you don't do elevators? How would you access the lounge?
No hijack. I think I just did that to someone's thread on the dining board. The discussion just leads you to other topics. Can't wait to find out the answer to your question, too.

JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #17
saycindy
Earning My Ears

JMO but I did not really enjoy the fireworks from TWL. I felt like we were way to far away to get the real "magical" feel. We only did because we were on our way back to resort anyway.
Love BLT though!
saycindy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2012, 03:31 PM   #18
JKMJ441724
Um, I'm going to go with "NO."

Quote:
Originally Posted by saycindy View Post
JMO but I did not really enjoy the fireworks from TWL. I felt like we were way to far away to get the real "magical" feel. We only did because we were on our way back to resort anyway.
Love BLT though!
We are going to Sea World (shush, can I say that here?) for 2 days this trip. So I was thinking about going up there to watch the fireworks on the evening after we come back from SeaWorld.

JKMJ441724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:43 PM   #19
TreesyB
DIS Veteran

I was there a few weeks ago. We were only at BLT for one day. It was great to go experience the magic when I didn't have a park pass. They didn't ask for any ID, we just came down from the North elevator to the 1st floor, met the cast member who lets people up to the TOWL.

The wine they served was quite generous. If I knew the margaritas were so delish, I would have tried that instead. I really enjoyed watching the fireworks from up here. We've seen the fireworks so many different times, it was nice to see it from a different vantage, and we are closer to the fireworks than those at California Grill, so it gave me a bit of a thrill.

I highly recommend this lounge. It's not so busy, it would be nice to have something like a pool table up there. Then you could do something and not just drink. But it has a really nice seating area with couches, and tables.
BCV - 2011 New Years
OKW/SSR-2010 New YearsBoardwalk Villas 2009 just one night
SSR-2008 Xmas BCV -2008 - F&W
BCV/SSR -2008 - NYE! BCV -2007 - so amazing!
SSR-2007 x3 - so awesome! Contemporary Resort -2006
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2003
TreesyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #20
jstarcze
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMJ441724 View Post
Well, now my daughter wants to know....

can you see the fireworks from the pool?
Unfortunately you can't, the building blocks your view. Have a great trip!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #21
jpeka65844
DIS Veteran

We're visiting the TotWL in June!!! We've paid off our DVC loan and as a "reward", we're staying BLT, MK view, having dinner at Cali Grill and catching fireworks from the lounge later in the evening!

Awesome. Disney. Night.

jpeka65844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #22
rlovew

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
If you don't do elevators you wouldn't be able to get up to the lounge they have the doors onto the 16th floor locked from the inside so you can't get up their except by elevator. I am not sure which floors you can use the stairs to get onto as it is- I would suggest staying elsewhere if you don't do elevators at all.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #23
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
The only way to do this from the lobby, where you must go to have your key card/DVC member card checked, is to walk up 15-16 floors and probably arrange to have someone who works there open the doors for you from the outside.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #24
jrtoastyman
Purveyor of Fine Latex Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by saycindy View Post
Love BLT though!
It's certainly a different vantage point, that's for sure -- especially considering that because you're essentially watching from the side, you can see how far behind the castle those fireworks really are.

With that said, I really enjoyed watching the fireworks from up there. It's so much more peaceful watching from TOTWL as compared to being down in the park with a mass of humanity, and the fact that you can stand there as you sip on a glass of wine or a cocktail makes it an awesome way to wind down the day. When you're actually IN the MK, the end of the fireworks either means you're getting ready to fight the crowd to leave, or you're readying yourself for a few more hours of park activities. At TotWL, however, it's like a kiss goodnight as you either sit back down in the lounge to enjoy a beverage, or head down to your room and wrap up your evening.

That said, we enjoy seeing them in the park as well, it's just a different experience. One of the great things about BLT is that you have the option of doing it either was pretty much at your whim.

Owner since June 2011

Upcoming: BLT (Jan 2015) - DLR (July 2014)
DLR (May 2014) - BLT (Dec 2013) - Dolphin (May 2013) - BLT (Jan 2013) - BLT (Jan 2012) - Polynesian (June 2011 + UO/IOA) - Swan (Jan 2007) - Port Orleans French Quarter (Dec 1993) - Off-site (1986)
jrtoastyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #25
4stroke
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWBlue View Post
They took a good look at the card then took us right over to the elevator, said we could take as many non members up as we wanted.
We're staying at BLT next week and we've got family staying at ASM, non-DVC, that we'd like to invite up to the TOTWL for a night.....so it sounds like that's ok then?

Anyone else had any issues doing this?

Thanks!
4S

Apr/08: Offsite ~ Apr/09: Offsite ~ Apr/10: CR ~ Oct/10: Disney Paris Offsite ~ Apr/11: CR ~ Oct/11: CSR & POFQ (Purchased DVC )
~ Jan/12: BLT & VWL ~ May/12: BLT & VWL ~ Oct/12: BLT & POR ~ Jan/13: SSR ~ May/13: VWL ~ Jan/14: BLT

Last edited by 4stroke; 04-28-2012 at 08:14 AM.
4stroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #26
DisDadMatt
Earning My Ears

We stayed our first time home last August. The lounge is very posh but in a good way. They made us awesome chocolate martinis. Pricey but very strong and good. There were maybe 6 other groups in there about 20 people. We brought our two little ones with us and most people had kids. Next time when just my wife and I go, we will have a fun time there. It reminds me of a favorite bar on a cruise ship.
DisDadMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:16 AM   #27
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stroke View Post
We're staying at BLT next week and we've got family staying at ASM, non-DVC, that we'd like to invite up to the TOTWL for a night.....so it sounds like that's ok then?

Anyone else had any issues doing this?

Thanks!
4S
They may ask you to show BLT room keys for everyone. So don't be disappointed if you can't bring them up to the lounge.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:37 AM   #28
NeedMorePoints
Earning My Ears

I really enjoy TOTW. It provides a different fireworks show perspective than park viewing. The synchronized fireworks show sound also helps the viewing. If the fireworks show takes place at 10:00PM we have gone out onto the poolside balcony (behind the bar) after the fireworks to watch the Electric Boat Parade take place on the lake. Always lots to see and do at WDW! Have a great time.

72,90,92-PO,93-BC,95-POLY,96-POLY,97-POLY,98-CB,99-CB,00-CB,01-CB,05-Hyatt,08-CB,PP,09-SSR,DLH,BLT,10-BLT,POLY,BCV,OKW,11-VWL,BLT,VGC,VB,OKW,12-OKW,BCV,BLT,13-AKV,BLT,BWV,OKW,HH,14-BLT

NeedMorePoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #29
Anal Annie
....at least I KNOW I'm a kook...I just can't stop it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMJ441724 View Post
We are staying at BLT on points. I hope to go to the Top of the World Lounge.
I can't find very much information about it and, frankly, I'm impatient.

I know my imaginary friends here on the DIS will tell me everything I need to know and then some.

So, let's hear it (err, read it.) Heck, post some pictures of it if you have them.

TELL ME EVERYTHING!!!!!

Thanks.
We stopped by to check it out one night over spring break. I didn't feel like the view of the fireworks was THAT MUCH better than from our balcony, except that it was improved by being up so high that the parking lot didn't interfere. The lounge is beautifully done but personally I was disappointed with the VERY limited menu. We stayed for a few minutes after the fireworks to watch the electrical pagent on the lake but we didn't even bother to order drinks as we also wanted to order some food so we left pretty quickly to go down to the Contempo Cafe. (We had not had dinner yet that day and all they offer is snack food / appetizers.) My advice is to be sure you won't want any food before you go as there's just nothing much offered. (And yes, I realize it's because they don't have a kitchen up there...which IMO was a big mistake.)

Here's a few pics:

The pool from the back terrace:

Fireworks from ToTWL:

And the fireworks as seen from our LV studio balcony on the 8th floor. Really not a huge difference in the perspective.:

Come join me for my 2nd ever trip report now in progress for DisneyLAND and Aulani and Maui 2014. http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post52179607

My first ever trip report - Disneyland Paris and our DCL Med cruise: http://thewhitehouseblog.weebly.com/ (ALMOST but not quite finished)

August 2014 - 3 n @ VGC & DL followed by 7 n @ Aulani follwed by 3 n on Maui / Jan 2014 - 5 n @ AKV Jambo House / Aug 2013 - 9 nights @ SSR / Aug 2012 - 9 n @ Boardwalk Villas and HRH / Mar-Apr 2012 6 n @ Bay Lake / August 2011 Disneyland Paris and DCL MED cruise / August 2010 Disney's DVC resort at Hilton Head Island, SC / March 2010 Kidani Village at AKV / August '09 BCV & Vero Beach / May '09 SSR / July '08 AKV & B2B Cruises on The Wonder/ January '08 VWL / August '07 OKW / July '06 Offsite - Waikiki, Kona & Ka'anapali, Hawaii / July '05 Disneyland & Disney Magic West Coast Cruise to the Mexican Riviera / Summer '04 CSR / May '03 Offsite - St. John, USVI / Summer '02 AKL & O.C., MD

[/url]IMG]http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/uploads/21406/ssrgroup.jpg[/IMG] [url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]

[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/]
Anal Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 11:19 AM   #30
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

Thank you everyone for the info about the elevators. It's my DH that doesn't go in them. The kids & I are fine with them. In all our Disney trips every resort has been accommodating for his issue & it hasn't been a problem for him. As far as walking up 15 flights it's a piece of cake for him. He does way more than that all the time at his job. There has to be a way to access the lounge & exit that area without the use of an elevator. What if there was a fire? As for staying at another resort, that won't be necessary. If worse comes to worse we'll skip the lounge.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: