Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 02:36 PM   #46
kelzow
Earning My Ears

I would like to participate. No cabin # until we get on the ship, we did the kids sail free deal, and thats how the cruise line seams to do it. Unsure if I get a room # prior.

What is the disMeet? I thought this was the DisMeet? Is there one on the ship?
kelzow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #47
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelzow
I would like to participate. No cabin # until we get on the ship, we did the kids sail free deal, and thats how the cruise line seams to do it. Unsure if I get a room # prior.

What is the disMeet? I thought this was the DisMeet? Is there one on the ship?
Keep checking your reservation on line- one day instead of GTY for room # you'll have an actual #!

The DISmeet is usually held in the Promenade lounge on the afternoon we board. It is just a chance to put faces to the people we've been chatting with here and meet the FE group. It's a nice chance for the kids to meet so they see some familiar faces in the club.
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #48
TheDawnPatrol
Mouseketeer

We are booked

We just booked as well. It will be my wife and three kids - 12 (son),11 (son), and 6 (daughter) + me.

We are all looking forward to getting away from the cold weather.

Pete
Old 01-06-2013, 01:34 PM   #49
gstar
Earning My Ears

My family and I will be joining this cruise. We are very excited. We have been on a 7-day Mexico Riviera cruise before. I am trying to understand what we will be missing from the 7-day cruises. From what I have read, there will be no character breakfast.
Does anyone know if there will be a semi-formal or formal dinner on a 5 day cruise?
gstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #50
TheDawnPatrol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstar View Post
My family and I will be joining this cruise. We are very excited. We have been on a 7-day Mexico Riviera cruise before. I am trying to understand what we will be missing from the 7-day cruises. From what I have read, there will be no character breakfast.
Does anyone know if there will be a semi-formal or formal dinner on a 5 day cruise?
Morning,

I was told that there would be a semi-formal on night two and pirate night on night four.

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #51
lahicks68
Earning My Ears

Smile FE List

I'm willing to put together the list of those who wish to participate. I've never done FE but if Moomy-san would be willing to guide me, I think I can do it. I'm a planner and it is killing me to not be able to have the FE already mapped out.

My idea is if everyone who wants to participate, either responds to the post or PM's me(for more privacy) with their cabin number (I understand there are some who do not have a cabin number yet, we can leave them as TBD) and children's names with ages. I will put together a list to distribute either before (my preference) or as we board. I think if there are (for example)10 families who want to participate, we can just desiginate two families a day to place their goodies in the FE, that way there is something for them everyday. Is that basically how it works?

Also, for those who have cruised before, we are celebrating my daughter's birthday on board. Besides having the room decorated and a cake at dinner, is there anything else I can do to make it special?

Sorry for the long message.

Lori

lahicks68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #52
lbroberts
Mouseketeer

I made a spread sheet & posted on a FB page that was private just for cruise members & then people could see it, add to it, & print it out. Do you want to go that route? I can start the page & post the link here.
lbroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #53
lbroberts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroberts
I made a spread sheet & posted on a FB page that was private just for cruise members & then people could see it, add to it, & print it out. Do you want to go that route? I can start the page & post the link here.
I should have specified that this is for the first part of our b2b cruise. We did not specify what day the gifts should be handed out.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:58 AM   #54
lahicks68
Earning My Ears

FE List

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroberts View Post
I'm okay with FB, but I'm not sure everyone has an account. I only suggested assigning dates to avoid everyone putting stuff in on the same day and then nothing the rest of the cruise. Any suggestions for how to run it are greatly appreciated. I've never done FE, it's our first cruise, so I'm running blind.

lahicks68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #55
lbroberts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahicks68

I'm okay with FB, but I'm not sure everyone has an account. I only suggested assigning dates to avoid everyone putting stuff in on the same day and then nothing the rest of the cruise. Any suggestions for how to run it are greatly appreciated. I've never done FE, it's our first cruise, so I'm running blind.
Everyone in our first group had Facebook & one didn't so they signed up. I think most groups don't assign days & it just works itself out. The first parts of this trip is the first time I ran an FE so I'm no expert by any means. The FB idea was suggested to me by others on the a disboard thread because they felt its easier to work with in regards to posting the list. If you want me to start the FB page I can do it now since I'm home for a bit
Old 01-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #56
moomy-san
DIS Veteran

If you decide to do assigned days, can I make a suggestion? Assign every family a number and draw them from a hat to assign the days, this way the anonymity remains even with the organization.
I personally like it being personal choice about when you deliver your gifts. The ship is BIG and it takes a lot of time to deliver them all at once. We split our deliveries into 2 days. It's also nice to wake up and have stuff in the FE- and then also late at night to return and find stuff!
DCL Western Caribbean aboard the Fantasy February 2014

Next up... DCL Eastern aboard the Fantasy with NO KIDS February 2015! And we're GOLD, Baby!
moomy-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #57
lbroberts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomy-san
If you decide to do assigned days, can I make a suggestion? Assign every family a number and draw them from a hat to assign the days, this way the anonymity remains even with the organization.
I personally like it being personal choice about when you deliver your gifts. The ship is BIG and it takes a lot of time to deliver them all at once. We split our deliveries into 2 days. It's also nice to wake up and have stuff in the FE- and then also late at night to return and find stuff!
I also would like it it to be my choice too so I can do it during down time!
Old 01-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #58
kelzow
Earning My Ears

I now have a room # : ) for the FE

Should we open a Facebook Private Group? May be easier and faster to communicate back & forth? or no? Anybody against opening a Facebook Group? (Privately so nobody can look into what we are talking about such as names and room #'s , kids, etc....?) If yes, I wouldn't mind starting one!

So EXCITED! We told the kids, Couldn't keep it a secret any longer! Already started getting some things together!

Still looking to see where we will stay 2 nights prior to the cruise. Its making my head spin!

Oh, and renting a car from FLL to Miami (there are FREE car rental shuttles that will bring you to the port and pick you up from the port)
kelzow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #59
lbroberts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelzow
I now have a room # : ) for the FE

Should we open a Facebook Private Group? May be easier and faster to communicate back & forth? or no? Anybody against opening a Facebook Group? (Privately so nobody can look into what we are talking about such as names and room #'s , kids, etc....?) If yes, I wouldn't mind starting one!

So EXCITED! We told the kids, Couldn't keep it a secret any longer! Already started getting some things together!

Still looking to see where we will stay 2 nights prior to the cruise. Its making my head spin!

Oh, and renting a car from FLL to Miami (there are FREE car rental shuttles that will bring you to the port and pick you up from the port)
I'll do it now!
Old 01-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #60
lbroberts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroberts

I'll do it now!
Try this link https://www.facebook.com/groups/153993521415940/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: