Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #61
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

Good point Ms Poppins - I have four nights there on this trip, so will be watching from different angles anyway.
The left hand pathway by Adventureland has always been a good place to watch summer fireworks in peace without being squashed or people in front of me.

Agree that DLRPMagic is an excellent website, and I also watched the Q&A presentation/ interview with Steve Davison.

When we watched Fantasmic show in MGM ( now Hollywood Studios ) in WDW, we got there early and had super viewing in central seats. People who had booked Fantasmic VIP Meals ( like DLP are doing for Dreams ) had reserved seats but these were in the far right hand block, so certainly not the best location for the show.

People are not allowed to put kids on shoulders in WDW as far as I have seen - CMs are there in an instant telling parents to lift them down.
I did see a child fall backwards off dad's shoulders in DLP last year - someone behind just caught him before he hit the hard ground on Central Plaza. Could have been very nasty...dad held him in his arms after that.
Figgygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:17 AM   #62
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Ooh, must go and watch that interview.

I did wonder if there were hidden things only to be seen from certain angles because my DD came back from uni this morning with a DLP flyer she was sent (why do I never get these things in the post? ) and in the artwork for Dreams was Scar. I can't remember seeing Scar (or did I watch it TOO many times? ) so perhaps he's one of the hidden things.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #63
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

From what I can gather, Lion King was originally in the line up but taken out further along the development. I *think* as Steve said, there will be tweaks and changes over the seasons and the addition of this is sure to be one of them .

I honestly wasn't that taken with the Steve Davison et al interview - don't know what I expected but I think it was maybe more energy . Didn't help that the sound etc was dreadful. Overall though it was nice to hear about the ideas behind it all.

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:06 PM   #64
Dumbo Deb
Hello So much planning to do
Why don't you have a peep

map?

Is anyone clever enough to put a map on here with the point where to stand? I know it is a hard task but there are some clever people out there, only because i can not work out the place by adventure land
Dumbo Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:12 PM   #65
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbo Deb View Post
Is anyone clever enough to put a map on here with the point where to stand? I know it is a hard task but there are some clever people out there, only because i can not work out the place by adventure land
I've got a picture of the bush if that helps a bit I took it to show OH.

Hang on and I'll load PB

So it's infront of this looking towards the Castle of course

ps - That is probably useless to you right

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #66
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

pmsl carrie!!

yeah, i know that bush!

i think im pretty sure i know where u mean, and have watched the castle lightin at xmas from there!!

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #67
Dumbo Deb
Hello So much planning to do
Why don't you have a peep

I shan't forget that vision of 'the Bush' now, I assume the castle is to the left of the picture. Thankyou for that, I am getting used to abbreviations on this site but what is PB?
Dumbo Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #68
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbo Deb View Post
I shan't forget that vision of 'the Bush' now, I assume the castle is to the left of the picture. Thankyou for that, I am getting used to abbreviations on this site but what is PB?
Photobucket

I've remembered another picture that Happydays took of the bush in his TR

First photo here

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=34

It's a bit further round the front from mine

Vive la différence
Old 06-18-2012, 04:34 PM   #69
DLPDreams
I am like a child in a sweet shop, all hyper on sugar

Bumping up for msn....

DLPDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #70
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

Hi,
I have just returned from my 5 day trip last week, Monday to Friday. On the first night I got my place early in front of the Castle, behind the white rope that goes up around 9.30pm. I had a fantastic view of Dreams, which is awesome. It had rained during the day ( poured heavily during Magic On Parade unfortunately ) so people were standing rather than sitting on the wet ground.

The VIP area for those having Dreams Meals is in front of the Dreams control building ( disguised as Park Landscaping ) on the left where Main Street joins Central Plaza, so you are watching Dreams across the centre of Central Plaza, where the circular stage used to be. Good for those who are not prepared to wait for a long time, or with young children who do not want to be in a crowd, as they limit the VIP area to 60 people.

The front line was full by around 10pm, so you do need to be here early for this spot, but you can see everything very well, including the projections on the Castle doorway, which you probably can't see further back if people are standing in front of you.

On thursday the weather was hot and sunny, so people sat on the dry ground in front of the Castle and on Central Plaza, which was much better for everyone to get a good view of Dreams.

I was extremely fortunate to be invited to watch Dreams from the balcony of the Directors / Partners Boardroom & Hospitality room in Castle Club, which was amazing and a huge privilege, but I still preferred being in front of the Castle for atmosphere and close view. The music was quite faint from the balcony, and you cannot see all the detail from that distance. Some of the castle is also hidden by Main Street buildings on the right. You do get a fab view of the lasers and fireworks though, looking across the park, which looked beautiful at night.

The VIP Dreams meal at California Grill with access to this balcony costs € 199 adult price and includes pre dinner cocktail, with champage and canapes provided for during and after the show.

It certainly made my trip very memorable.

People who have used the VIP area have said that Cast Members on duty there do keep the front of the area clear, to give them a good view. I got chatting to a lovely Italian CM there named Lino, who is employed just for the Dreams show every night, and another very friendly CM named Yoann in front of the Castle.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:36 AM   #71
Ware Bears

Elvis Fan
Fridge Magnet hoarder

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figgygirl View Post
I was extremely fortunate to be invited to watch Dreams from the balcony of the Directors / Partners Boardroom & Hospitality room in Castle Club, which was amazing and a huge privilege, but I still preferred being in front of the Castle for atmosphere and close view. The music was quite faint from the balcony, and you cannot see all the detail from that distance. Some of the castle is also hidden by Main Street buildings on the right. You do get a fab view of the lasers and fireworks though, looking across the park, which looked beautiful at night.

The VIP Dreams meal at California Grill with access to this balcony costs € 199 adult price and includes pre dinner cocktail, with champage and canapes provided for during and after the show.

It certainly made my trip very memorable.
Wow, what a wonderful experience but I remember another DISer who stayed in Castle Club over New Year Eve also said she much preferred being down in the park to watch the fireworks.
WDW Holiday Inn Nikki Bird Easter 2004 DLP Explorers August 2005 DLP Explorers Christmas 2005 DLP Explorers August 2006 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Grand Plaza, St Pete Beach Easter 2007 DLP Explorers Halloween 2007 DLP Explorers August 2008 WDW Comfort Suites Maingate East/Disney Wonder Bahamas/Yacht Club Christmas 2009 New Year 2010 DLP Disneyland Hotel May 2011 DLP Newport Bay Club August 2012 DCL Disney Wonder Alaska DL Candy Cane Inn August 2013
Moderator Disneyland Paris
Ware Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #72
Figgygirl
Mouseketeer

I agree Ware Bears - great to be on the balcony for the experience, and I was so grateful for that after having a superb meal in California Grill from the ordinary main menu ( new Chef arrived about 2 weeks ago with a new menu ), but I loved watching Dreams from directly in front of the Castle after getting my place there around 9.30pm. The front line filled up quite quickly after that.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:14 AM   #73
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

There are now more choices in the Menus - Walt's have a risotto and a steak (faux fillet) for example

Vive la différence
Old 08-09-2012, 10:04 AM   #74
ctl
Mouseketeer

Question Will Dreams continue in 2013?

Wondering if Dreams will still be on 3/2012 when we will be there? And will it be possible to book the VIP meal for Dreams and Fantasmic? As this will be our only trip to DLP want to see everything we can. I have tried looking on DLRP Magic site, but haven't seen a link for VIP Dreams meal or Fantasmic meal. How do I find out? Any help gratefully received. Thanks.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #75
unerde
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_Cat View Post
There are now more choices in the Menus - Walt's have a risotto and a steak (faux fillet) for example
Do you know, what Menu is new in the Blue Lagoon and Silver Spur Steakhouse?

Last edited by unerde; 08-09-2012 at 03:00 PM.
unerde is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: