Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
PrincessBrianna
Mouseketeer

Can you lay on resort beaches if you aren't staying there?

My mom wants to know this, she's kinda done with the whole theme park thing and would rather just lay on a beach all day instead of walk around. we're staying offsite though. I was just wondering.. Can she just waltz right into the poly or gf or wherever and layout on a beacH while we enjoy the parks?? And if so, what's keeping them from random people just walking in and doing that??

Thanks!!

Fall in Love. Be passionate and fearless. Listen to your heart. Be thoughtful and generous. Believe in love at first sight. Holds hands. Laugh nervously. Write love letters and make homemade gifts. Get dressed up for a date. Feel butterflies in your stomache. Run away together. Stay in bed all day. Create memories you will tell your grandchildren about. Cuddle. Learn from each other. Be patient and kind with your words. Grow old together. Be spontaneous and impulsive. Kiss each other goodnight. Remember why you fell in love. THIS IS YOUR HAPPILY EVER AFTER.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
danny1649
Will be wearing some lime green
I just love to dance
Armed with this information I might be able to out score DW for once

DISboards Moderator

I Think The Experts

On our Resorts Boards can help you with your question. Thanks Danny
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #3
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessBrianna View Post
My mom wants to know this, she's kinda done with the whole theme park thing and would rather just lay on a beach all day instead of walk around. we're staying offsite though. I was just wondering.. Can she just waltz right into the poly or gf or wherever and layout on a beacH while we enjoy the parks?? And if so, what's keeping them from random people just walking in and doing that??

Thanks!!
That's generally considered to be fine. The resort pools are reserved for guests of that resort only, but if she wants to sit on a chair on the beach, she's okay. I might recommend that she choose a spot on the beach that isn't close to the pool so chairs closest to the pool can be used by people accessing the pool and also because it can get really crowded by the pool. It would likely be more relaxing from her to be a little further away.

There's nothing to keep random people from walking in and doing this because WDW wants people to visit different resorts so they might one day stay there. They do check for room keys at the pools on occassion at the Poly and all the time at the BC/YC.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #4
Twitter
Mouseketeer

If youre mom is willing to pay around five hundred Dollars per nigh sure she can.
Otherwise you play were you stay.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitter View Post
If youre mom is willing to pay around five hundred Dollars per nigh sure she can.
Otherwise you play were you stay.
This isn't accurate. Resort amenities other than the pools are available for anyone.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:03 AM   #6
Twitter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
That's generally considered to be fine. The resort pools are reserved for guests of that resort only, but if she wants to sit on a chair on the beach, she's okay. I might recommend that she choose a spot on the beach that isn't close to the pool so chairs closest to the pool can be used by people accessing the pool and also because it can get really crowded by the pool. It would likely be more relaxing from her to be a little further away.

There's nothing to keep random people from walking in and doing this because WDW wants people to visit different resorts so they might one day stay there. They do check for room keys at the pools on occassion at the Poly and all the time at the BC/YC.
Really? So the whole off side hotels just can sent there guests to use the chairs that one site guest payed a very high price for?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:07 AM   #7
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Really? So the whole off side hotels just can sent there guests to use the chairs that one site guest payed a very high price for?
WDW does not prohibit people from visiting their resorts. As I stated, you must be a hotel guest to be in the pool area, but the resort beaches are not off-limits. Nor are the restaurants, arcades, or other activities like the Chip and Dale campfire sing-a-long at FW.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
Twitter
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie'sMom View Post
WDW does not prohibit people from visiting their resorts. As I stated, you must be a hotel guest to be in the pool area, but the resort beaches are not off-limits. Nor are the restaurants, arcades, or other activities like the Chip and Dale campfire sing-a-long at FW.
The chairs from the GF beach are always pulled up to the pool,so yes those chairs are for paying guests.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #9
monami7
DIS Veteran

I did want to mention she can sit on the beach all day but stay out of the water. The beaches are only for relaxing not swimming.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #10
pas130
DIS Veteran

I would suggest Poly beach only because the GF has a construction wall up at the beach...also she should hop the monorail and walk the grounds at both resorts....absolutely lovely Have her bring a towel in case no chairs are available...there are a few hammocks too!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 03-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #11
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

As a pp mentioned ANYONE can go and sit on one of the beaches - you do not have to be a resort guest. We stayed at the BC back in October and the beach area is completely separate from the pool area and no one checks resort ID's to sit on the beach. Only the pool area is a no go, as I can tell you that especially at the BC, they will check your resort ID before allowing you in.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #12
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The chairs from the GF beach are always pulled up to the pool,so yes those chairs are for paying guests.
I've never stayed at the GF, only the Poly. But at the Poly, there are chairs all long the beaches. There's a larger concentration nearer the pool, but even those near the pool area are not off limits. She just can't go swimming and the chairs on the pool deck should be considered for resort guests only. But the beach is open and available to all and she should feel welcome to sit and enjoy the beach.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:30 AM   #13
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyrosa2 View Post
As a pp mentioned ANYONE can go and sit on one of the beaches - you do not have to be a resort guest. We stayed at the BC back in October and the beach area is completely separate from the pool area and no one checks resort ID's to sit on the beach. Only the pool area is a no go, as I can tell you that especially at the BC, they will check your resort ID before allowing you in.
It really depends on how crowded it is at the BC .... I've heard they will sometimes check the people on the beach, but only if it gets really crowded. I think GF is a safe bet ... never seen anyone checking there to verify you are a guest or not.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:39 AM   #14
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaw View Post
It really depends on how crowded it is at the BC .... I've heard they will sometimes check the people on the beach, but only if it gets really crowded. I think GF is a safe bet ... never seen anyone checking there to verify you are a guest or not.
We were there for 8 days like I mentioned back in October - and I can tell you that the beach area at the BC was never full and at night and when they showed movies on the beach, there were plenty of folks who stayed for the movies that were not staying at the BC and they were not asked for ID's. Last year, after dining at O'Hana's, we asked if we could go and sit on the beach to watch the fireworks and were told (by a manager) that anyone could go and sit on the beach, you didn't have to be a resort-paying guest.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #15
n2mm
aka WALTSGIRL

Here's a thought also. Take the boat over to Ft. Wilderness pier area. There are lots of chairs and empty beaches over there too. Places where you can grab a bite and peace and quiet. We use to visit the playground area and the beach after dining at Trails Ends for lunch (back when they had the wonderful lunch buffet).

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: