Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 01:25 PM   #91
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
Thanks for the lovely Epcot lunchtime interlude! I really enjoyed looking at all the pictures, especially Snow White and company and Buzz and Woody too. You're hitting the countries at just the right time to see all the extras (street performers). I love when that happens. Some trips it just doesn't work and we're either just a little too early or a little too late. BTW, no Karmel Shoppe?????? Really?????? (I love that place!!)
No Karmel Shoppe....nope...I know! I must have been really hot that day and it was affecting my judgment!! That place is so good and it will be on the list for the July trip!! Even as I did this update I thought to myself "What was I thinking!?"

I love reading TRs during lunch....it makes things so much lovelier! Glad the pictures added to yours today! Two years ago we missed almost every performer even though I had their times and I was so very disappointed. Last year I timed them pretty good and this trip as well. There are still a few I have missed but I hope to rectify that in July! I have a feeling lots of time is going to be spent in WS in July!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #92
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Wow! you guys were really zipping around the world! I'm tired just thinking about it. Can't wait to hear where you all headed next.
We were zipping along and pretty fast too! I did feel as though I was able to stop and enjoy the moment but we never lingered too long. I think you have elluded to the next few updates!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #93
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

It sounds like you traveling partner is the type like my father. When we would get there he would look at his watch and say "We will all meet back her in one hour", Like, I am already board and that should be enough time to see all there is to see? LOL

What a pace you have set!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #94
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

One of the best ways to spend a day. Just wandering around WS taking in the sights. My favorite.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #95
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
It sounds like you traveling partner is the type like my father. When we would get there he would look at his watch and say "We will all meet back her in one hour", Like, I am already board and that should be enough time to see all there is to see? LOL

What a pace you have set!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh that would drive me crazy!! Since I went with a laid back attitude and was able to see a little in each country it wasn't too bad. It wasn't like when I am with my DH and can tell him to go sit somewhere and when I am done we will move on. Also, though I wanted to see as much as possible and one day at Epcot just doesn't cut it for me!! July will be different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
One of the best ways to spend a day. Just wandering around WS taking in the sights. My favorite.
I love to wander WS and take it all in! As a matter of fact, so does Keith!! I am so happy to know this and I just know this will get me to F&W one day!! He has instructed me that July is to include lots of Epcot!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #96
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Led Zepplin Collides with the Magic Kingdom!

Finally Japan! The kids were having fun in Japan. What kind of fun? Well, let’s see what story Madison’s pictures tell!

We actually find them in the food section after all of the fun above was over.

But I snapped these as we walked into the Japanese area.

Lightening McQueen

To'Mater!!

And then we enter the shopping mecca:

I also had a request from my DS to purchase the “strawberry sprite like drink” in Japan. I found what I thought he was referring to and this caused several other kids to buy some too. We head back out into the bright, hot sun. By this time I was dragging! I had basically been on my feet since 9am with only a 20 minute break to eat. Actually my calves were hurting. Plus with the heat! Whew! I am used to touring, taking a break mid-afternoon at the resort and heading back to a park for the night. But we still had a lot to see and do!

A walk through the gardens which I find so lovely!

Slowly we make our way out of Japan...

We head to Morocco which was a favorite of the kids.

Continued in next post....
Old 05-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #97
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post...

They had fun looking through everything here. They also left us while we were looking and headed on to France. We finish looking around Morocco and head over to France. We didn’t stop long here but I did manage to get some pictures of the area.

I love the France pavilion!

And I always love this little scene...

Next up...we are almost done with World Showcase but there is still plenty of things to do (In case you didn't notice it is only almost 4 o'clock)!!

Last edited by TinksThree; 05-04-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:29 PM   #98
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Glad that I'm not the only one who would have been tired! You guys are troopers!

We spent about 3 minutes in Morrocco, and that was spent deciding whether to stay in Jasmine's M&G line or not. I'd like to spend a bit more time there on one of these trips.

I've never noticed that little setup in France before, thanks for sharing!

Looks like the kids are having tons of fun, that must have been fun to be a part of.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #99
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post

I love the France pavilion!
Tsk...tsk...tsk...no better picture of the fleur-de-lis in the short formal hedge garden at the France pavilion? With my screen name, I'm kinda partial to it!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 05-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #100
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Glad that I'm not the only one who would have been tired! You guys are troopers!

We spent about 3 minutes in Morrocco, and that was spent deciding whether to stay in Jasmine's M&G line or not. I'd like to spend a bit more time there on one of these trips.

I've never noticed that little setup in France before, thanks for sharing!

Looks like the kids are having tons of fun, that must have been fun to be a part of.
It had been a pretty long day (but really fun!!) up to that point! Morocco is great! It has really neat shops and lots of cool things to look at plus the architecture of the pavilion is great to explore!

The kids were having a blast! I was so happy I was getting to share in the experience!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Tsk...tsk...tsk...no better picture of the fleur-de-lis in the short formal hedge garden at the France pavilion? With my screen name, I'm kinda partial to it!
so sorry!!! I will try to do better next time! I actually have a good picture of the fleur de lis from a previous trip! This time I was actually trying to get a picture before rushing to the next stop! I love the fleur de lis and have them all over my house!!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #101
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I love the WS pictures. We were always rushing around and no one wanted to stop in any of the countries. I can't wait to actually slow day one day and check them out.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #102
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I love the WS pictures. We were always rushing around and no one wanted to stop in any of the countries. I can't wait to actually slow day one day and check them out.
Thank you! I always feel so bad for you when you have to rush through and aren't able to enjoy WS! Hopefully one day you will be able to just wander and soak it all up!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #103
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Led Zeppelin Collides With The Magic Kingdom!

And moving along…I spot Sleeping Beauty

And Cinderella

Over the bridge we go on our way to England! My cohort notices the floral display in the International Gateway area.

We stop on the bridge and rest a few minutes people watching. It looked very crowded but it didn't feel too crowded.

And then we get to England and there is Pooh and friends!

A few pictures in the England area and we wander through so my cohort can see the area.

Not much was going on right then and no interest in shopping meant Canada was next!

We did head over to the entrance of “O Canada!” because I felt he would like the waterfall area…I was right!

Continued in next post....
Old 05-09-2012, 07:41 PM   #104
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post

We make our way out of Canada (again a brief stop—I would have been disappointed but I know I will be there in July and Epcot is a big part of our plans so I was going with the flow, letting my cohort who had never been dictate what we saw and when).

All of a sudden I see the sand sculpture! I had forgotten about seeing this on a blog. It was only beginning in the blog so I was excited to see the finished product plus there were giraffes and I love giraffes!

Our next destination was Club Cool because that was where the kids wanted to meet us. Along the way....

Madison managed to trick her pals into drinking the Beverly but sadly she wasn’t quick enough to get pictures. I have further training to do there! One poor girl guzzled the drink and did not realize the taste until later. Yuck!!
By this point I really needed a break! My calf muscles were giving me fits which is very unusual! I attribute it to not being able to exercise over the past few months and the constant walking and standing all day on hot concrete was catching up with me. Plus I am used to a pool break at the resort at this point in a “normal” trip. My cohort and I take a break at Electric Umbrella while the kids went to Mousegears to do some shopping. I found a table with outlets and plugged up my phone to recharge.

Then I headed over for a water.

After about a 20-30 minute break my phone and my legs are rejuvenated. We head over to Mousegears and look around while the kids finish their shopping.

A few gift shop photos.

I love Mousegears and this is one of my favorite places to shop for souvenirs! I didn’t buy anything on this day though.

Now everyone was ready to do a few more attractions!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #105
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

Wow! I got a little behind! You guys are moving fast...no wonder you're tired! Don't you just love the shopping in Japan and Morocco? We always spend quite a while in both of those places just browsing. The kids look like they were having a good time. Appreciate all the pictures! As usual they are beautiful and that sand sculpture! Very impressive!

Glad you finally got a little rest and wonder what you're gonna do next! Some rides I think!! Pretty funny that Madison tricked her friends with the Beverly. That stuff is nasty!!!
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC in January then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2014 - Offsite at Marriott's Cypress Harbour for quick unplanned surprise trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: