Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #76
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Mmmm, that food looks yummy. Kringla og is such a great stop.

I'm guessing that they didn't like the Jarlsberg on the sandwiches. It's a bit on the stronger side, so I'm thinking they didn't enjoy that too much. Sounds heavenly to me though.
I really enjoyed eating here! It was my first time to eat anything in Norway and now I don't know why I hadn't!! I don't think I have ever had Jarlsberg before so I wouldn't have been able to distinguish it. I love the stronger cheeses but I agree...I can see why teens use to "regular" cheese would not care for it!
Old 04-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #77
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Love seeing you wear that shirt! Much, much better than that maroon one I've seen your DH wear!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2012, 03:02 PM   #78
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Love seeing you wear that shirt! Much, much better than that maroon one I've seen your DH wear!
You made me laugh out loud and co-workers wondering what is so funny!!

You can't tell I love wearing it, can you? I think it (or one like it) is in every single trip report I do! You will be proud to know that I don't own one of those "maroon shirts"!!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #79
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

Well, I don't think I've ever seen the dragon in China at F&G and let me say it is REALLY impressive. You got some great pics too. That might be my favorite so far! Such details!

I was looking over the menu you posted from Kringla Bakeri and thinking I've got to try the ham and apple sandwich...and then you did. That looks very yummy. We always visit the Bakeri but usually just for snacks. That sandwich makes me want to put it on my list for next year though!

Nice meet n' greet photo of you and ksl5f123. I've read her last trip report and am reading her current camping adventure too. Laughed out loud at the prison visit scenario!
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages
Old 04-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #80
HiHoOffWeGo
Mouseketeer

Nice report - look for more!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #81
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
Well, I don't think I've ever seen the dragon in China at F&G and let me say it is REALLY impressive. You got some great pics too. That might be my favorite so far! Such details!

I was looking over the menu you posted from Kringla Bakeri and thinking I've got to try the ham and apple sandwich...and then you did. That looks very yummy. We always visit the Bakeri but usually just for snacks. That sandwich makes me want to put it on my list for next year though!

Nice meet n' greet photo of you and ksl5f123. I've read her last trip report and am reading her current camping adventure too. Laughed out loud at the prison visit scenario!
The first year I went to F&G I saw the dragon and did not realize it was only for the festival. I was so disappointed the following year when it wasn't there! It is simply amazing! I was slightly apprehensive about the sandwich but decided to give it a try....and it was very good! I always plan to try the snacks there and never make it so I was happy to get to mark it off my list! Of course I will return though!!

The M&G was fun and I was so happy it worked out! I am sure prison would be much better if you are trapped on the inside of Epcot!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoOffWeGo View Post
Nice report - look for more!
Thank you and welcome!!!!!

Sorry I have been MIA! I definitely did not want updates to be so long in coming. As a matter of fact Madison is on me to finish! Work has been hectic due to a co-worker being out sick and me tackling multiple duties. With my weekend plans I will not be able to update until at least Sunday but hopefully everyone will hold tight! More Epcot pictures and stories to come!!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #82
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry I have been MIA! I definitely did not want updates to be so long in coming. As a matter of fact Madison is on me to finish!
I knew I liked that young lady!

Quote:
More Epcot pictures and stories to come!!
Yea!!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 04-30-2012, 04:41 PM   #84
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

No need to apologize for lack of updates to this Diser. I haven't updated my pre-trip report or trip report for a while now. It's hard to find time to Dis when we have so many deadlines at work. Once I get home in the evenings, it's even tougher.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #85
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Not sure how I missed the dragon,but I'm glad you didn't! Awesome pictures.

Lunch in Norway looks really good! I love the rice cream!
Old 05-01-2012, 08:41 AM   #86
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
No need to apologize for lack of updates to this Diser. I haven't updated my pre-trip report or trip report for a while now. It's hard to find time to Dis when we have so many deadlines at work. Once I get home in the evenings, it's even tougher.
I feel like a slacker on reading TRs and PTRs I am following much less updating my own! Work seems to be so crazy and it just keeps getting crazier!! And when I get home?! Yeah, I am exhausted and tired of being on a computer all day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Not sure how I missed the dragon,but I'm glad you didn't! Awesome pictures.

Lunch in Norway looks really good! I love the rice cream!
The dragon is very cool!! I loved the rice cream. It was my first time to try it but it was so good!!
Old 05-02-2012, 06:05 AM   #87
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Led Zeppelin Collides With The Magic Kingdom! More Epcot!

First I need to backtrack because Madison informed me that she had pictures of what she and her friends did in China before we arrived!! So below are a couple of the pictures she took (she had lots of duplicates and I know she is going to ask why I didn’t post them all!! ):

The guys dressed in robes and then proceeded to do karate moves!

And adventures outside!

Now back to where I left off!!

So with the Dis meet over I met back up with my co-hort. First, though, I grabbed some shots of the front entrance of the Sorcerer Mickey topiaries!

We make our way back to World Showcase and make another attempt to catch back up with the kids. We stopped in Mexico since the Mariachi band was still playing.

They were very entertaining but best of all was the girl they pulled from the audience. It was her birthday and she had two friends with her. They first sang a Mexican birthday song. She had the best personality and was swaying along to the music.

Then a man from the audience (obviously no one she knew) came up and began dancing with her.

After the song was finished we all sang “Happy Birthday”. She was giddy and I thought what a magical memory she will always have of this birthday! It was just a happy moment and I had no idea who she was!

From there we moved on to Germany.

There really isn’t much to see here (at least not in this trip!) except the train area. I love this area!

As we approach the area I stop next to a little boy around 5 or 6 and his grandfather. The conversation goes like this:

Little Boy (in an awed/hushed voice) says to me: “That lizard is gigantic down there!”

Me: “I bet it is Godzilla!”

Little Boy: “I bet it IS Godzilla!! He is running over everything!”

Grandfather: “Yes, and see the man down there? There were two men while ago!”

Little Boy (confused) asks his grandfather: “Where did he go? Oh no!! Godzilla ATE HIM!!!!!”

It was a hilarious exchange! And the little boy was adorable!

Moving along I snap away:

Continued in next post....
Old 05-02-2012, 06:07 AM   #88
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

continued....

And as we leave Germany, I see Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs! (The real Snow White was out at a Meet and Greet but no picture of that!)

Next up? Italy!

My son had only a few requests for me to bring back to him and one was candy from Italy. So I went in search of the candy. (Thankfully it survived the heat!) Oh did I mention it was hot!? We were very warm the whole day! Anyhow, after my purchases are made we head out to watch the Ziti Sisters a bit. I saw them last year and they are a hoot!

We enjoyed them for a few minutes and decided to move along.

Texting the kids we find out they are in Japan. So that is where we are headed! I ask my co-hort if he wished to stop in America and he said he sees enough of America, let’s move on! I do notice Woody and Buzz and I cannot pass them up so we run over for a picture!

At this time the Fife and Drums are coming out. I generally enjoy watching them but we were on a mission so only a minute or two here!

Meanwhile...judging from Madison's pictures this appears to be what the kids were up to!!

They went back to watch the Mariacchi band that serenaded us during lunch:

They watched Sergio. I keep thinking I saw this but then I remember it was on You Tube!

And then we catch up with them in Japan so I will save those lovely pictures she took (along with mine) for our next update!!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #89
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the lovely Epcot lunchtime interlude! I really enjoyed looking at all the pictures, especially Snow White and company and Buzz and Woody too. You're hitting the countries at just the right time to see all the extras (street performers). I love when that happens. Some trips it just doesn't work and we're either just a little too early or a little too late. BTW, no Karmel Shoppe?????? Really?????? (I love that place!!)
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages
Old 05-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #90
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Wow! you guys were really zipping around the world! I'm tired just thinking about it. Can't wait to hear where you all headed next.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: