Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #46
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Glad your enjoying...and BTW are you saints tickets on AllEars also?
That depends on what I....er....that person said!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 04-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #47
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
That depends on what I....er....that person said!
Haha! Actually on our way down to Orlando I got my Allears newsletter that announces the two winners for the week. I thought to myself how I never win but then there was the name "saintstickets" which made me wonder if it was one and the same!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2012, 11:42 AM   #48
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Haha! Actually on our way down to Orlando I got my Allears newsletter that announces the two winners for the week. I thought to myself how I never win but then there was the name "saintstickets" which made me wonder if it was one and the same!!
Had to be someone else. I never win anything! I wouldn't win a contest if I were the only one entered!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 04-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #49
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Had to be someone else. I never win anything! I wouldn't win a contest if I were the only one entered!
You sound like me! I tend to be on the percentage side of things you don't want to happen to you! I "win" those every time!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:32 PM   #50
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Led Zeppelin Collides with the Magic Kingdom! More Epcot!! Part 1

Let's see...where did I leave off? Oh yeah! We had just exited Soarin' and were heading out for the next adventure: to try and locate a group of teens!!

Madison’s group had gone straight to Soarin’ (my DD is so smart and a great leader getting them where they needed to be!) and then had gone to Test Track. They had stood in line an hour and as they got to the video room (actually seeing the video) the ride shut down! They were so mad that Test Track was never attempted again! After this debacle they went to Mission Space to ride the Orange side.

We begin in their general direction and along the way I of course snap a few pictures!!

As we were walking over to meet them, we made a stop at Bambi’s Butterfly House.

I love seeing all of the flowers and butterflies!

A little time with Bambi and friends!

Oh Thumper, you are so silly!!

Something was being filmed while we were there so a portion was blocked off.

More Butterfly House photos:

Time to be moving on now....

Continued in the next post.....
Old 04-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #51
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from the previous post.....

Soon Mission Space is within eye sight!!

As we approached Mission Space I look up and see this cloud (does anyone see what I saw?):

Do you see what I saw???

Anyone????

I state to my co-hort that it reminds me of Stitch. Does anyone see it?

We walk a little closer and a lady is taking a photo of a little girl in front of a topiary. When they walk away I notice it is Stitch! So I snapped this:

Can you see the resemblance or am I just nuts? My cohort saw it so I felt better!

Another shot of just Stitch:

We meet up with the group and they are ready to search for lunch, or begin the search. They want to head to Mexico. As we walk in Mexico’s direction I see the Pixie Hollow path and want to take some pictures. At this point Madison makes a “snide” comment on my picture taking obsession and they walk on while the chaperones take pictures.

Okay, time to catch up with those kids for some lunch!! But first I have to take just a few more pictures!!!!

Farmer Mickey, Minnie and Friends!!!!!

Love Donald!!!!

And Daisy too!!!

I love this picture! Daisy is really giving 'ol Donald the eye!!

A quick look across the lagoon:

and finally.....

Next up we finally make our way into World Showcase!!!!!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #52
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm late, but I'm here now!

Okay, when I read the words No Fastpasses, I think I passed out for about five minutes.

Good for you going with whatever. When you plan plan and plan, sometimes it's nice to take a break. I find that whenever I have a plan, something inevitably goes wrong.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:18 AM   #53
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I'm late, but I'm here now!

Okay, when I read the words No Fastpasses, I think I passed out for about five minutes.

Good for you going with whatever. When you plan plan and plan, sometimes it's nice to take a break. I find that whenever I have a plan, something inevitably goes wrong.
Welcome!!! Better late than never!! I understand being late and you have good excuses! The no Fast Pass was one of my biggest concerns but overall it wasn't that big of a deal. I think I was able to relax knowing we plan on going in July and I can see anything we missed (except Test Track! ) It really was nice being in "whatever" mode! I go commando so much that it was relaxing in a way. My plans tend to go the way of yours!!
Old 04-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #54
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Too bad Madison and her friends didn't get to ride Test Track. In the early days, it was notorious for breaking down but it seems to have gotten better over the years. I wonder what it will be like after the redo.

I loved all of the butterfly, flower and topiary pictures. I wish Disney would extend the Flower & Garden Festival out through the end of May like they used to. I miss seeing the park in all of it's flowering glory.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 04-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #55
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love all of the flower and garden pics! I can't wait to see them myself!

Good for Madison leading her friends in the right direction, they were lucky to have you both on the trip.

The fairy topiaries are adorable. You got some really nice shots.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #56
Leslieann1024
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh, I am so jealous ! I raised two nieces and one son, and in junior high and high school, they were all band kids, and I soooo miss that ! The competitions, the performances, even the "drama" ! SInce the kids were little, I was their soccer coach, cub scout/girl scout den or troop leader, taught them to swim in our pool, and loved every minute of it ! When my substitute teacher assignment would land me in one of my kids classes, I always heard "Mom, you'd better not call on me !" Loving your trippie so far !
Old 04-18-2012, 12:36 PM   #57
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

Great report. Thanks for the pictures on the Clarion Maingate we had talked about taking a budget trip with some family and that was the hotel we were looking at, but I wasn't so sure about staying off disney property.
Old 04-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #58
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Too bad Madison and her friends didn't get to ride Test Track. In the early days, it was notorious for breaking down but it seems to have gotten better over the years. I wonder what it will be like after the redo.

I loved all of the butterfly, flower and topiary pictures. I wish Disney would extend the Flower & Garden Festival out through the end of May like they used to. I miss seeing the park in all of it's flowering glory.
I felt bad for them too because I know they would have loved TT. Plus I am bummed it will be closed this summer. The redo sounds interesting but I hope it works!!

I love how beautiful epcot is during the F&G. When we go in May or June it always seems boring...not so colorful!! Glad you enjoyed the pictures!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love all of the flower and garden pics! I can't wait to see them myself!

Good for Madison leading her friends in the right direction, they were lucky to have you both on the trip.

The fairy topiaries are adorable. You got some really nice shots.
So glad you are enjoying the pictures! There were so many fairies! I didn't realize that until I started posting!! I think Madison enjoyed being the one "in the know"! She seemed to really take to that role!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslieann1024 View Post
Oh my gosh, I am so jealous ! I raised two nieces and one son, and in junior high and high school, they were all band kids, and I soooo miss that ! The competitions, the performances, even the "drama" ! SInce the kids were little, I was their soccer coach, cub scout/girl scout den or troop leader, taught them to swim in our pool, and loved every minute of it ! When my substitute teacher assignment would land me in one of my kids classes, I always heard "Mom, you'd better not call on me !" Loving your trippie so far !
Thanks and I am so happy you are enjoying it so far!! I love doing all of the activity thigns! I know I will miss it when the time comes! I can just imagine my kids reaction if I subbed in their classes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
Great report. Thanks for the pictures on the Clarion Maingate we had talked about taking a budget trip with some family and that was the hotel we were looking at, but I wasn't so sure about staying off disney property.
Thank you! Yea! I am so glad my report on the Clarion Maingate helped! It is definitely a hotel I would recommend. If you can't stay on Disney property then I think the Clarion is a very good option!
Old 04-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #59
mom of princess
Mouseketeer

Enjoying your TR. I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures - always wanted to go to park during flower show but DH is teacher and can't get the time off. and he would not be pleased if I went without him!

I totally saw stitch in your cloud picture. Was hoping you didn't mean that you saw a hidden Mickey! Isn't it funny how we DIS people can see disney in everything? Like when DD found a hair band shaped like hidden Mickey after she took it out of her hair!?

Didn't get my in July 2007 OR June 2009 -- what's the deal?? Someone get me a Mickeybar ASAP!!
July 2012 - time for a surprise trip?? You Betcha!! POFQ surprise for DD
June 2009 --All Star Sports, just the 3 of us
July 2007 -- POP, party of 7
June 2001 -- All Star Movies
June 1999 -- All Star Movies
June 1997 -- Caribbean Beach Resort honeymoon
Old 04-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #60
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of princess View Post
Enjoying your TR. I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures - always wanted to go to park during flower show but DH is teacher and can't get the time off. and he would not be pleased if I went without him!

I totally saw stitch in your cloud picture. Was hoping you didn't mean that you saw a hidden Mickey! Isn't it funny how we DIS people can see disney in everything? Like when DD found a hair band shaped like hidden Mickey after she took it out of her hair!?
Hi! I am so glad you are enjoying the report and pictures! The F&G Festival is so beautiful! Maybe one day you can swing it! We won't pull our kids out of school so I understand not being able to go at times you would like to! I always think my DH would not mind me going without him but then he changes his mind and wants to go! I think he likes to keep up his "I don't like Disney" act!

Yay on seeing Stitch also! I am glad to know others can see it and I am not just crazy! I see Disney things (mostly Mickey heads) everywhere so I totally agree! My DH made fun of me for taking a picture of an oil spot in the road one time just because it was a perfect Hidden Mickey!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: