Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2012, 09:14 AM   #196
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Gracious! I was several updates behind but, like I said on my report, I am not getting email notifications when updates are posted. This morning, I had 186 emails just from the Dis.

Anyway....nice way to wrap up your day at Animal Kingdom. I'm happy that you were able to actually see the gorillas since it's usually too crowded for you to see them. Oh and I bet Madison's friends were glad that she didn't bop them in the face when the spiders came down at It's Tough To Be A Bug.

It sounds like your time at Hollywood Studios is going along quite well. We usually grab a bite to eat at Toy Story Pizza Planet because Hunter is a pizza fiend. We've always thought that it was pretty good.

Hum...what else? I can't remember. Oops!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 06-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #197
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Gracious! I was several updates behind but, like I said on my report, I am not getting email notifications when updates are posted. This morning, I had 186 emails just from the Dis.

Anyway....nice way to wrap up your day at Animal Kingdom. I'm happy that you were able to actually see the gorillas since it's usually too crowded for you to see them. Oh and I bet Madison's friends were glad that she didn't bop them in the face when the spiders came down at It's Tough To Be A Bug.

It sounds like your time at Hollywood Studios is going along quite well. We usually grab a bite to eat at Toy Story Pizza Planet because Hunter is a pizza fiend. We've always thought that it was pretty good.

Hum...what else? I can't remember. Oops!
I have had times when I don't get e-mails and then BOOM! Plus it makes me super behind on reading everyone's TRs!

I believe Madison's friends were extremely happy that she didn't bop them! My mom still mentions that when we discuss Disney!

I think that you are the one that mentioned Pizza Planet being good and I had jotted that down...I am almost pretty sure it was you! So thanks for the tip!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 06:41 PM   #198
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Led Zepplin Collides with the Magic Kingdom! The Grand Finale!!

Welcome to my final post of this TR!! By now you are probably saying or but I was determined to finish before my July trip which is only 7 days away!! So I feel pretty that I managed to make it!!

So let's see where was I?

Oh yeah! After an amazing ride…..because RnR is awesome like that…we decide to try ToT one more time! The wait is…..a walk on! So we ride:

And we ride (note the superman stance!):

And we ride:

And we ride two more times but I got tired of carrying my camera as we walked on/rode/exited/walked on/rode/exited…well, you get the idea!

Attraction wise, this became the highlight of the trip!

One reason the crowds were low was because they were all in Fantasmic! And that was fine by me!!!

We decide we are too tired to continue and Fantasmic! is letting out anyhow so we begin to drag ourselves to the front.

So long my dear, dear friend!!

We are to meet up at 10pm to load the buses! Along the way a few last pictures…

A little shopping (I loved this black and white line!!)

And then a couple of pictures at the entrance before we head to the buses!

We load up and leave around 10:45pm. Then we watch a few movies, sleep, whatever for the next 12 hours! We arrive back in Mississippi and the school at 10:30am. Everything gets unloaded and we head home, grab a Sonic burger and crash!!

Continued in the next post...
Old 06-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #199
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from the previous post...

I am so glad I went on this trip! I had so much fun and I would not have been happy had I missed seeing my girl march on Main Street! Even though the days were long and hot and we came home exhausted, it is something I would do again in a heart beat !! Every trip to Disney makes its own special memories that last forever!!

The kids were great and no problem which I know added to the trip! Plus they let me hang out with them...pretty significant since I am not a teenager like them!! Although at times I did find myself acting like them and would have to remind myself that I was the parent chaperone!!

And one last thing before I depart! Souvenirs!! What did I get? Well let’s see!

A Mickey Mouse trivet (from that black and white line!) I had seen it at Yankee Traders but it was too early in the day to contemplate dragging that around! I got this one at the store in DHS.

The strawberry drink from Japan

The chocolate candy from Norway and Italy for DS and DH

Mickey Mouse earrings from the POTC gift shop

My must have from each trip: Laila from Norway!

And since I was spending the money already….I got a “with purchase” watch!

A huge Mickey Mouse coffee mug from AK…not sure of the store since I just followed someone in but it is one of my all-time favorite purchases!

And this is on the inside!

And finally, I purchased some pjs for Madison and added this Mickey bag in as a “with purchase” add-on.

I love it and it works great toting work to and from…makes taking work home not so bad…well, a little less so!!

I am so glad you all stopped by and read along and stuck with me! I hope you enjoyed and until next time—So long!!
Old 06-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #200
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

I don't think I have ever smelled Laila in Norway. I will add that to my must do list.

I love that mug.

It looks like you had a great trip and created some great mother/daughter memories.I'm glad you decided to share your trip with us
Old 06-28-2012, 10:31 PM   #201
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I can't believe that it's over! I'm so glad that I'll have another TR of yours to read very soon!

What a fun way to end the trip! I'll bet the kids will remember that for a long time.

Sounds like a great memory for you and Madison, what a special trip.

I love that trivet! I'll have to keep a look out for it online!
Old 06-29-2012, 08:22 AM   #202
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
I don't think I have ever smelled Laila in Norway. I will add that to my must do list.

I love that mug.

It looks like you had a great trip and created some great mother/daughter memories.I'm glad you decided to share your trip with us
I am wearing my Laila today! I love it! If you just walk into the front store in Norway the smell hits you!

I love that mug too! Thanks! It holds so much coffee that is very much needed in the mornings! And the Mickey heads make me smile!

It was a great trip and I am so happy you followed along! I have to get back to your PTR and see your plans! I scanned the e-mail and saw more changes...I know that feeling well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I can't believe that it's over! I'm so glad that I'll have another TR of yours to read very soon!

What a fun way to end the trip! I'll bet the kids will remember that for a long time.

Sounds like a great memory for you and Madison, what a special trip.

I love that trivet! I'll have to keep a look out for it online!
I think I sped through this one so fast to finish before next week but also it is easier to write about three days and I think that makes iot speed along too! I am already contemplating my new TR and I haven't even packed yet!!

It was a great way to end the trip! It was so exhausting but so much fun and great memories!

That trivet is great! I use it all of the time! I love to purchase things I use and that one has already paid for itself!!
Old 06-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #203
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

Love love all the pictures. The ones from the Streets are so fun. Really like the "Abbey Road" impersonation. I think it's very fun to take pictures back there. So many imaginative opportunities. The pics of HS at night are really good too. Only it makes me want to be there right now!!

and......5 rides on the Tower?? Wow! I'd be one of the people watching Fantasmic so you could ride.

Love your souvies. I, too, can't buy something that won't be useful in some way. Don't love tons of little things just sitting around. The trivet is very nice. Have to watch for that myself and I love the mug. I always have to look at all of them even though the last thing I need is another one.

Well, I'm sad that your TR is ending. I think you had a great trip with some pretty great kids! It's so nice when there aren't problems to deal with when you're with a bunch of teenagers. I don't blame Madison and her friends for wanting to hang around with you. That kind of awesomeness just can't be hidden!! Have a wonderful time on your vacation. Not long at all now till you'll be walking those parks again! Can't wait to read all about it!!
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages
Old 07-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #204
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
Love love all the pictures. The ones from the Streets are so fun. Really like the "Abbey Road" impersonation. I think it's very fun to take pictures back there. So many imaginative opportunities. The pics of HS at night are really good too. Only it makes me want to be there right now!!

and......5 rides on the Tower?? Wow! I'd be one of the people watching Fantasmic so you could ride.

Love your souvies. I, too, can't buy something that won't be useful in some way. Don't love tons of little things just sitting around. The trivet is very nice. Have to watch for that myself and I love the mug. I always have to look at all of them even though the last thing I need is another one.

Well, I'm sad that your TR is ending. I think you had a great trip with some pretty great kids! It's so nice when there aren't problems to deal with when you're with a bunch of teenagers. I don't blame Madison and her friends for wanting to hang around with you. That kind of awesomeness just can't be hidden!! Have a wonderful time on your vacation. Not long at all now till you'll be walking those parks again! Can't wait to read all about it!!
Madison is already plotting what type of pictures we will take in the Streets fo America next week! It is a fun area to play around in!

Yes 5 rides in a row! I was in heaven!!!

I have bought a mug every year and my drawer at work is overloaded! The favorite that everyone alwasy wants to borrow is also from AK and has Pooh looking at a tiger with a magnifying glass and Pooh is asking "Tigger is that you?" I love that! But I am going to try to refrain from purchasing more mugs this trip...I may just take pictures fo teh ones I like!

I have 5 more sleeps and then we leave!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: