Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #151
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
I think you've had a wonderful day in spite of the favorites you've missed. Really too bad about POC! I love that ride! Good thing your trip is so close. You'll be ticking off that ride list before you know it!

Gorgeous pictures of the castle and Main Street at night. Love it!
It really was a great day!! I have heard POTC has been down several times since we returned. I hope it is working the morning I am there in July! I am working on my "musts" to include first and foremost what I missed in March!

You will get a ton of night pictures soon!! Thanks...glad you liked the ones of the castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I'm all caught up again. I hate that there were so many things that you missed but at least you got to ride Space Mountain and eat one of the yummy Dole Whips. You didn't go to Fantasyland at all? What the heck? Good thing you're going back in July!
Hey welcome back!!!! I thought about you guys all last week and found myself checking the weather reports just for you! (Not that I was telling you anything you didn't know!! ) In a way I didn't really miss not doing them so much at the time and maybe that was knowing I will be back soon!

Can you believe someone NOT going to Fantasyland at all!?!?! When I realized it I was amazed!!

Regarding July's trip: is the summer version of MM&Y worth making a special effort to see or is it pretty much the same? I am determined to keep Keith happy on this trip, even if it means me missing the nighttime stuff at MK! But if that is very different I may make an effort for at least an hour or so!
Old 06-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #152
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

How exciting for your son to be headed to Austrailia for a year. How cool

I always feel bad for the people waiting in long lines for rides like Splash Mountain. They always seem to glare at you when you walk past them with the fast pass. I wonder if most of the tour groups you see aren't able to use fast passes either?

The circus area looks so adorable Even the garbage can looks cute!

I can't wait to see the new Fantasyland either. I was just going to go to Epcot in Sept but I think I might get the park hopper just so I can check out the progress.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #153
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
How exciting for your son to be headed to Austrailia for a year. How cool

I always feel bad for the people waiting in long lines for rides like Splash Mountain. They always seem to glare at you when you walk past them with the fast pass. I wonder if most of the tour groups you see aren't able to use fast passes either?

The circus area looks so adorable Even the garbage can looks cute!

I can't wait to see the new Fantasyland either. I was just going to go to Epcot in Sept but I think I might get the park hopper just so I can check out the progress.
I am slightly jealous of him being in Australia! He had kangaroo the other night and said it tasted like beef. Where he is living is on the coast and the views are incredible! When Keith saw it he asked when we were going! I just wish it wasn't so expensive for 4 people to fly!

I always felt bad for those people that glared too! Now I wonder if they were glaring because they couldn't use FPs!

I had fun walking around the circus area and just looking. It is all done very well! I hope you really get to experience and enjoy Epcot!!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:01 PM   #154
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

It's too bad that you missed so many favorites, but you seemed to have a great attitude about it. I'm just glad that you have a trip next month to make it right!

As I was reading along my Madison started talking about Philharmagic. I was all excited to show her pics, but you didn't get to go!

I can't wait to see you fireworks pics! I could have done a whole update on Wishes, and that was only from the first time we saw it!

I'm glad that you got a top-secret Dole Whip at least!
Old 06-08-2012, 03:09 PM   #155
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Led Zepplin Collides With the Magic Kingdom!

Be prepared for few words and lots (I mean LOTS) of pictures!

We find a great spot to sit and when it comes time for the parade, the rope is placed across the walkway allowing us to be at the front of the rope! I love MSEP! The music is so whimsical! So here are a “few” pictures of MSEP!!

More pics in the next post....
Old 06-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #156
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post...

Madison got a few pictures that I did not:

After the parade we head over to the hub and find a pretty good spot to see Memories, Magic and You and Wishes! Now I had tried explaining MM&Y to the kids but told them it was really hard to describe in words. They were all in awe! A video compliments of Maddie:

And pictures:

Continued in the next post.....
Old 06-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #157
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post...

We wait the few minutes between MM&Y and Wishes watching the changing of the colors on the castle:

And then Wishes! Not much to add so I will let the pictures and video tell the story!!

Continued in the next post...
Old 06-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #158
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Last post for Magic Kingdom Day!!

Another video compliments of Maddie:

After Wishes concludes, we head towards the front of the park. We meet at the front entrance and along the way a few night shots.

This shot concluded with me getting run over by a stroller...

Once we get to the turnstiles, the line to the monorails is massive so we head to the ferry and are loaded on the 2nd boat, and this was very quickly! I love taking the ferry!! My feet were killing me so the benches on the top were perfect! A few years ago I discovered Tevas with mush and now I do not wear anything else in the parks! Thankfully I do not have foot issues so I can wear flip-flops constantly! I also cannot stand having my feet bound in tennis shoes and socks……so these Tevas are amazing! But, I bought the ones I wore on this trip last year right before our Disney trip and wore them for 7 straight Disney park days (100s of miles?) plus I have worn them constantly since then. As long as the weather isn’t below freezing, I am in my flip-flops!!

Well, all of that wear and tear plus walking so much at Epcot and now MK….my Tevas have no mush left to call mush! And that has made my little footsies very tired!!

A couple of not so great shots from the ferry:

We make it to the docks at the TTC, stagger to the buses (since we are all dragging and it is quickly approaching 11pm). Yes 11pm and we left the hotel at 8:15am!!! That is a very long day following a very long day at Epcot!!! We get to the hotel and crash!!!!

Next: Two Parks in one day!!

Last edited by TinksThree; 06-08-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #159
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
It's too bad that you missed so many favorites, but you seemed to have a great attitude about it. I'm just glad that you have a trip next month to make it right!

As I was reading along my Madison started talking about Philharmagic. I was all excited to show her pics, but you didn't get to go!

I can't wait to see you fireworks pics! I could have done a whole update on Wishes, and that was only from the first time we saw it!

I'm glad that you got a top-secret Dole Whip at least!
I did miss a lot but I think because we had so much fun doing the things we did do the disappointment wasn't too bad!

You have a Madison!! Oh so sorry no pictures there! I plan to hit Philharmagic in July!! It is on my "must" list since I missed it last trip!!

Dole Whip: shhh, no one knows about that!!

When you replied I post the pics...there are lots between MESP, MM&Y and Wishes!! I hope you enjoy!!

Last edited by TinksThree; 06-08-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:24 PM   #160
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Lots of really, really great pictures of MEP and Wishes! It is so hard to get those to come out right. I'm still learning what all the buttons and settings on my camera does. The great thing about digital cameras is you can take as many pictures as you want and do not have the expense of developing as we did with the old SLR and Instamatic cameras! I hated to spend the $'s to develop a 36 exposure roll of film only to find out many were out of focus or I should have taken the picture at a different angle!

Looking forward to more of your TR.

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
Old 06-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #161
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintstickets View Post
Lots of really, really great pictures of MEP and Wishes! It is so hard to get those to come out right. I'm still learning what all the buttons and settings on my camera does. The great thing about digital cameras is you can take as many pictures as you want and do not have the expense of developing as we did with the old SLR and Instamatic cameras! I hated to spend the $'s to develop a 36 exposure roll of film only to find out many were out of focus or I should have taken the picture at a different angle!

Looking forward to more of your TR.
Thank you!! I go crazy taking pictures when the fireworks start and then I can't choose...so I just post them all!! I am still learning everything on mine too...hopefully I will get plenty more practice in less than a month! I remember going on my first cruise and when I got home I had 11 rolls of 35mm film to develop! And so many of those were not usable! I LOVE the digital age!!

Madison is on me to finish and I really want it done before the July trip. Every time I open the lap top she asks if I am posting!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:33 AM   #162
Soarin4Disney
Earning My Ears

Just joining in. Loved your last TR so I'm sure I'll love this one as well!! Now, time to get caught up. :-)

Our Disney Vacations:

Apr 2010 Offsite
May 2010 POP
Old 06-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #163
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarin4Disney View Post
Just joining in. Loved your last TR so I'm sure I'll love this one as well!! Now, time to get caught up. :-)
Welcome!! I am so glad you are joining in!! I am hopeful I can finish this one before my July trip rolls around!!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #164
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Our final day begins!

Sunday, March, 25, 2012

The same pattern is followed this morning as in the past two days: wake up calls at 6:30am, breakfast at 7-7:30am and load the buses at 8:15am. There is one exception here: check-out! So while we push everyone out of their rooms…no I take that back only a few needed prodding the rest were ready and loaded when they were supposed to be!....the chaperones have room check and we gather the things that the students have left behind.

You know, things like band shoes, a band hat, a flat iron, underwear (Yuck!), hair brushes, makeup, articles of clothing, the list went on and on!!
And we make sure the rooms have not been destroyed….we are good! Let’s ride!!!

First up? Animal Kingdom!!!!!

We arrive at Animal Kingdom and enter the park.

The line I got in to check the bags was a huge mistake! I have never had a bag checked like this one. The woman went through everything and would ask “What is this?” “Why do you have this?” Needless to say it took forever!! I promise it took her several minutes just to go through my bag! And I had nothing in it that was suspect or not allowed!

After everyone finally got through the bag check line, we all stopped for a group photo.

Then we were off!! My cohort and I made our way to the First Aid clinic as we had the last two days. Pictures on our way…

Then we met Madison and her friends at Expedition Everest.

While we were at the First Aid clinic Madison and her friends rode Dinosaur. Madison took a couple of pictures:

And the ride pic!

This wasn’t one I cry over missing but EE is!!

We queue up in the line which was 30-40 minutes. I say this in every TR but I love, love, love this queue area!!! While we were waiting the line had quite a few from our school interspersed along with kids from other schools. I think AK was the school group park of the day! But the crowds weren’t too bad at all! As we were waiting I naturally took a lot of pictures.

Continued in the next post....
Old 06-12-2012, 07:35 PM   #165
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from the previous post...

At one point in the line, part of our group began a chant….”We’re goin’ to start the wave, yeah, we’re goin’ to start the wave…one, two, three” and then the whole snaking line did the wave. We had an entertaining group for sure!! They did this several times until we entered the building…

Then it is our turn!!

After conquering the Yeti we decide to do it again!! This time we went through the single rider line. The wait was maybe 15 minutes or so. My partner was an 8 year old boy who talked the entire ride and told me every single drop, turn, move the ride made. I didn’t have the heart to tell him I have been on EE about 100 times! I just let him enjoy the moment! He also kept asking me if I was scared!

We finish up with EE and begin walking with the safari in mind but no real goals.

Kali River has a short wait so we head in that direction and literally walk on!

Continued in the following post...on the next page (page 12)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: