Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2012, 10:09 PM   #136
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Holy Mega Update!

I think I missed the last one, but you got some great Illuminations pictures!

You guys did get a lot done in a few hours, that's awesome!

Were you teasing with the white font, because nothing showed up? I am obsessed with "backstage" so I was curious!

Yay for the band!!! I loved the video, DH was in marching band so he watched with me.

Great pictures again! Aren't those fancy cameras great! (I am currently uploading about 100 pictures of Wishes to photobucket )
I have been so busy and so I decided to take advantage of the holiday and update...a lot!!

Thanks...I had a lot more Illuminations pictures plus a TON of Wishes and Memories, Magic and You. I seem to snap away during those times!!

I was teasing on the backstage since we were sworn to secrecy. I think there are probably some things I could say and it would be okay but I was scared I may break my "promise"! They say it can ruin the magic but for me it made it even more magical seeing how things operate. That is probably my marketing major coming out!

I love my fancy camera! I can't wait to use it in July!
Old 05-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #137
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

Well, haven't you been a busy updater this weekend!! Just logged on for the first time since last week and wow! Lots to read! Your camera is taking such great pics. I can never get good pictures of Illuminations so I really enjoyed those! You all have really accomplished a lot in your days! I smiled when you were freaked about not getting to MK until 10:00 am cause that's the time we arrive many days (we have some not so early risers in our group plus that's the price you pay when traveling with 3 generations!) I think you're having an awesome trip so far! Looks like the Band did a great job in the parade and how cool that people acknowledged them when they came back into the park.
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #138
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
Well, haven't you been a busy updater this weekend!! Just logged on for the first time since last week and wow! Lots to read! Your camera is taking such great pics. I can never get good pictures of Illuminations so I really enjoyed those! You all have really accomplished a lot in your days! I smiled when you were freaked about not getting to MK until 10:00 am cause that's the time we arrive many days (we have some not so early risers in our group plus that's the price you pay when traveling with 3 generations!) I think you're having an awesome trip so far! Looks like the Band did a great job in the parade and how cool that people acknowledged them when they came back into the park.
I have been busy updating...I either go days without a post or days with a lot of posts!! Madison wants me to finish (she is enjoying reading along) plus I hope to finish before we head back in July!

Thanks on the pictures! I thankfully had a rail to prop on to prevent a lot of shaking. We are all early risers so rope drop is easy for our family but staying late seems to be an issue! But then we also like those mid-afternoon breaks too!

I was very proud of the band's performance! Especially considering the heat and minimal complaining! I loved how they were acknowledged as we re-entered the park. I wasn't expecting that!!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #139
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Led Zepplin Collides with the Magic Kingdom!

I either update a lot or not at all! This week has been an emotional roller coaster with my boss passing away after valiantly fighting cancer and then this morning we put our oldest on a plane for Australia...for one year!!

Here is a picture of our three children. Evan is on the far left and he is the one that deserted us!!

And now back to our story!!

Now this is where it gets a little hairy and lots of great park time is wasted!

We are told by the kids to meet at Frontierland Shooting Gallery. My cohort and I go and wait and wait and finally they arrive. Some games are played and then everyone gathers at a bench to discuss dinner.

Bored I see a bird and take pictures of it!!

No one wants the same thing!! Waiting and waiting and waiting...

This goes on for 15-20 minutes and a fractured group heads to Tomorrowland via Libertyland.

Continued in the next post....
Old 06-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #140
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post...

They want to eat at the Noodle Station place but it closes early so we go to Cosmic Ray’s. I haven’t eaten here in a while but I really like it! I had wanted Columbia Harbour House but I am following the crowd this trip and this local is fine by me!!

We enter and try to decide what to eat. Everyone splits up and gathers back after receiving their food. I got the rotessiserie chicken. Not only was it delicious but so were the potatoes and green beans plus the carrot cake!!! YUMMY!!! And (for me) so much better than a burger!! I really wasn’t in the mood for fast food type foods!

My food!!

Have you noticed other types of food? Everyone learned early on that I take pictures of "everything" and would wait and say to me "Here is my food" so I could take a picture. I am not sure if they were being nice or providing a great story of this crazy chaperone lady that took pictures of her food! (Oh side note I just thought of!! At the band banquet in April two girls at our table took pictures of their food! ) Anyhow this is one of those moments! A burger!!

We are entertained!!

So where to next? The kids and my cohort want to ride Tomorrowland’s Speedway. I have no interest but I do want to see the new just opened Storybook Circus!! So I head in that direction for some pictures!!

Along the way I snap a few pictures...

So what is the very first thing I take a picture of when I walk into Storybook Circus?

I really love all of the details that went into this area and it makes me super excited to see what the rest of the New Fantasyland will be like! Since our March trip I have seen blogs and pictures and it is looking more and more amazing! I also cannot wait to check out the diorama at One Man’s Dream in July!

Continued in the next post....
Old 06-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #141
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post....

Back to the Speedway I find them still in line….

Then finally they begin nearing the finish line!!!!

After they exit we head over to check out the wait time for Space Mtn. It was around 50 minutes and no one wanted to wait. This also meant I did not get to ride Space Mtn this trip! Another restroom break meant we had time to spare looking and trying on the various hats and the kids danced along with the Chipmunks and Goofy who were performing their show between Space Mtn and Carousel of Progress (another ride I missed out on! And I love this attraction!!).

After a good little spell trying on hats, it is time to move along. Next up? Well folks the night is still young!!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 10:26 PM   #142
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Great update! I think you were doing awesome being so patient with everyone. Must have helped knowing you'd be back in a few months

I also took a pic of the trashcans, and the CM's uniforms! It's such a cute area, but I can't wait until it's all done. I can't wait to eat at Be Our Guest, see the Mermaid ride,and the mine train coaster!
Old 06-02-2012, 06:43 AM   #143
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Great update! I think you were doing awesome being so patient with everyone. Must have helped knowing you'd be back in a few months

I also took a pic of the trashcans, and the CM's uniforms! It's such a cute area, but I can't wait until it's all done. I can't wait to eat at Be Our Guest, see the Mermaid ride,and the mine train coaster!
Patience usually isn't a virtue of mine so thanks!! I think knowing we would be back soon helped too. I also had been giving myself little speeches/pep talks about this trip not being about me for several months. I think those lectures helped some too!!

I really thought the area was so well done! I am really excited about the Be Our Guest restaurant!! Who am I kidding?! I am excited about the whole thing!!! It may be all open when we make it back so I will have to form a whole new planning strategy!
Old 06-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #144
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

First of all, sorry to hear about the loss of your boss. I know that has been a hard situation. My condolences.

Second, you are doing so well at going with the flow!! We usually end up at Cosmic Ray's at least once during our trips and I agree that the food is pretty good. I like that you can get different choices than the usual fast food fare too.

What? You didn't want to drive one of the Speedway cars? That line moves so S-L-O-W-L-Y. Last year was the first time my DGSs were old enough to insist on riding this. Fun for them though!

Great pics of the Storybook Circus area. I love seeing new pics that show the progress. Can't wait to experience the new areas in January! Wonder how much will be open then. Really hoping to be able to try out the Be Our Guest restaurant.
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages
Old 06-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #145
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Honestly, I think that EXACT crane was on the same building on one of my recent trips. If it was, that would be hilarious.

Isn't that the unfortunate downfall of traveling with so many people? No one ever wants to do the same thing at the same time.

Mmmm, rotisserie chicken. You know I love Cosmic Ray's rotisserie chicken. I'm glad you liked the choice.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:15 PM   #146
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
First of all, sorry to hear about the loss of your boss. I know that has been a hard situation. My condolences.

Second, you are doing so well at going with the flow!! We usually end up at Cosmic Ray's at least once during our trips and I agree that the food is pretty good. I like that you can get different choices than the usual fast food fare too.

What? You didn't want to drive one of the Speedway cars? That line moves so S-L-O-W-L-Y. Last year was the first time my DGSs were old enough to insist on riding this. Fun for them though!

Great pics of the Storybook Circus area. I love seeing new pics that show the progress. Can't wait to experience the new areas in January! Wonder how much will be open then. Really hoping to be able to try out the Be Our Guest restaurant.
Thanks...the visitation was today and it was really a celebration of her life. She was amazing, not a typical boss but a real mentor!!

I haven't ever eaten anything bad at Cosmic Rays! We just don't make it every trip! I enjoyed going with the flow and this trip in 33 days (!!!!) may be a go with the flow trip as well! The closer it gets the more enticing that appears!!

By January you should be able to see at least a good portion!! I am envious of that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Honestly, I think that EXACT crane was on the same building on one of my recent trips. If it was, that would be hilarious.

Isn't that the unfortunate downfall of traveling with so many people? No one ever wants to do the same thing at the same time.

Mmmm, rotisserie chicken. You know I love Cosmic Ray's rotisserie chicken. I'm glad you liked the choice.
That is too funny about the crane! Makes you wonder what they are really doing!!

I agree about the downfall on traveling with several people! And the commando tourer in me wanted to shout "Make up your mind already!!!"

Yes, your review of the rotisserie chicken is what made me choose it!! I said "Thanks" on your TR but I will say it again here too!!!! Thanks!!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:12 PM   #147
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

A night in the Magic Kingdom

I left off with us heading for the next destination: Splash Mtn!!! Heading in the direction of Frontierland:

But first I think I may have left this one out...

Madison somehow manages to find someone to give her a "lift". At least she is itty bitty!!

As we go we run into the dance party thingamagig:

As it was ending, really...

We tried Pirates of the Caribbean but it was shut down:

And then we made it!!!

This ride had a bit of a wait but I cannot remember how long. Maybe around 45 minutes to an hour? This did not deter anyone though and we queued up. It was a hot wait, I do remember that! I kept giving the FP people dirty looks! How unfair they get to go to the front of the line while we sweat it out in a never-ending maze of humidity!! UGH!!

In the queue I snap a few pictures..Me and Madison:

And the back of the band shirt showing the songs from the marching season:

We are getting to my laughing place!!

This way!! We are getting closer!!

Finally it is our turn!

We ride along and everyone was surprised how long the ride actually lasted. I think they all thought it was a hop in the oat and drop 50 ft! I adore this ride and the music. It is just one of those that makes me smile the whole time!

We got slightly wet!!

Continued in the next post...
Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #148
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Continued from previous post...

After we exit Splash Mtn we head over to Pirates of the Caribbean.

This was not our first attempt as you saw before. We had been making pit stops here all day and it was shut down….all day. And once again, it was still not operating. CMs were playing with bubbles and hula hoops at the front. So now I have missed Space Mtn, Carousel of Progress, and POTC along with a closed BTMRR. Oh well, it is still all good and we are having fun! That is what matters most, right!?

The kids are beginning to drag a little by this time—it was late enough to be getting dark but not late enough for the parades…maybe 7:30-8pm? We have a look around the POTC gift shop and the guys have fun playing pirates. And Madison goes girl pirate!

And then Captain Hook Pirate!!

Then I pulled out the glow bracelets I had brought. Everyone sits down and begins to put them together.

With the bracelets glowing we head out for more adventures.

We discuss the options and decide to go to Mickey’s Philharmagic. Along the way I take a few pictures!!

Well guess what! We do not make it there! Instead we head to Main Street to do a little shopping. But first I make a pit stop by a little known place called the Aloha Isle for an equally unknown treat: the Dole Whip!

Castle pics!!!

Now I know by the time we get there it is around 8:45pm because soon after we enter the Emporium the night parade bands are announced. We look around a bit and some purchases are made.

In honor of my treat!!

And a treat that elludes me!!

Then we decide to go to…Frontierland to see the Main Street Electrical Parade. This is due to the masses on Main Street and Frontierland is usually not as crowded. We decide to watch MESP and then move to the hub for MM&Y and Wishes!

I will take this moment to state that for the first time EVER in my life I did not step foot in Fantasyland! (except my little jaunt over to Storybook Circus). Can you believe that!? So let’s add to the list of things I did not get to do: Space Mtn, BTMRR, Carousel of Progress, POTC, iasw, and Mickey’s Philharmagic. Oh well, I have July and as I said before we were having fun!!

I am going to stop there because the next posts include those nighttime spectaculars and I had a new camera....
Old 06-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #149
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

I think you've had a wonderful day in spite of the favorites you've missed. Really too bad about POC! I love that ride! Good thing your trip is so close. You'll be ticking off that ride list before you know it!

Gorgeous pictures of the castle and Main Street at night. Love it!
Old 06-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #150
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up again. I hate that there were so many things that you missed but at least you got to ride Space Mountain and eat one of the yummy Dole Whips. You didn't go to Fantasyland at all? What the heck? Good thing you're going back in July!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: