Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 01:39 AM   #121
katt789
DIS Veteran

Life Update

Alright, so many of you know, I've been considering auditioning again in July for Disney. Problem: money.

Well, decided to take a little looksie over to the disney auditions website, and found that they're doing auditions for people to be friends with Ariel, Tink & Periwinkle in various places around the states.
Problem: the fairies end at 5'2'' and in those auditions, Ariel starts at 5'4''. I stand at 5'3.9''

Solution: I just GO to the audition on the 26th in ORL, where they have the 2 fairies, AND all princesses, and they start at 5'3''.

I know my Disney height can be different from my real height, and if they're looking specifically for characters now, then I feel like it's a good idea to go to an audition NOW rathe than wait til Sept.

Comments? Thoughts? Any advice would be fantastic. I've just got a feeling that I need to go...

Also, booked flights for Sept's trip yesterday, if you're wondering about that trip, follow along my PTR (link found in the links page)

Love you all and hope you're having a magical day!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 07-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #122
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I know you've done the dance auditions before, but have you done any of the character ones? Do you follow Jess's TRs? I know she auditioned for princesses before, and it seems like they're really hit or miss with what they're looking for.

Having said that, they may be looking for you. I am one of those people who's really careful about money because I all but ruined my credit in college. However, I spent money on really stupid stuff, not job interviews.

If you've learned anything from Disney princess movies it that you should always follow your heart and go after your dreams. So I guess I'd say DO IT!!

Let me know what you decide!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2012, 03:14 PM   #123
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

You should go. Always go if it's something you really want to do.
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
Old 07-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #124
Merida
DIS Veteran

I don't know ANYTHING about auditions or having a real job, so I probably have very little helpful advice! I'd maybe look at cutting back one of your later trips so you can squeeze in the audition? Or maybe trying to make a contact with someone in auditions (if this is even possible??) for more information. It just seems so hit and miss with the auditions that I know that I'd be really upset with myself for spending extra money on something that wouldn't be successful! Have you done the International Program? Maybe something like that would give a good 'in' to the company and easy access to auditions.

You got some great pictures of the MK opening show! I really want to get out there and photograph that now! They're all just so adorable.

And of course your character interactions are all superb! The Tremaines sound like so much fun; I think being one of them would be way more interesting than being friends with the princesses. It seems like there's a little more leeway in what they can say/do. Also they're in a group! Groups are fun.

Aladdin and Jasmine are super adorable and that's so awesome he knew Spanish! I'd have to start miming things to those kids and then we'd never get anywhere in the conversation! And, of course, Naveen was as awesome as always.

I love the music in the 'old' movies (Bambi, Cinderella, Snow White, Peter Pan, etc.) and I always forget. But they're so romantic and perfect - much different from the musicals today but much more classic!
Old 07-07-2012, 12:23 PM   #125
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I know you've done the dance auditions before, but have you done any of the character ones? Do you follow Jess's TRs? I know she auditioned for princesses before, and it seems like they're really hit or miss with what they're looking for.

Having said that, they may be looking for you. I am one of those people who's really careful about money because I all but ruined my credit in college. However, I spent money on really stupid stuff, not job interviews.

If you've learned anything from Disney princess movies it that you should always follow your heart and go after your dreams. So I guess I'd say DO IT!!

Let me know what you decide!
The audition I did was pretty much for everything, including face & non-face characters, but I think they focussed more on the "mover" portion of that. I did read Jess's update on that, and actually messaged her last night about it. Anytime Disney auditions I think it's just sheer luck, you could be what they want today, or 6 months down the road, you never know (which is why they have the 6 month block between auditions for people)

Baha, I did work it out, and with the 2nd job I start it August, I'll make $800 there, and that's enough to pay for the trip down to audition...now I just need to decide what I need to do! And like you said, if Disney has taught me one thing, it's that dreams come true, if you have the courage to pursue them. I dunno, I've just got a feeling about this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
You should go. Always go if it's something you really want to do.
Ack! You guys are seriously so supportive and awesome! And thank you so much. It'll take some budget working out, and I'll be doing that this weekend.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:30 PM   #126
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
I don't know ANYTHING about auditions or having a real job, so I probably have very little helpful advice! I'd maybe look at cutting back one of your later trips so you can squeeze in the audition? Or maybe trying to make a contact with someone in auditions (if this is even possible??) for more information. It just seems so hit and miss with the auditions that I know that I'd be really upset with myself for spending extra money on something that wouldn't be successful! Have you done the International Program? Maybe something like that would give a good 'in' to the company and easy access to auditions.

You got some great pictures of the MK opening show! I really want to get out there and photograph that now! They're all just so adorable.

And of course your character interactions are all superb! The Tremaines sound like so much fun; I think being one of them would be way more interesting than being friends with the princesses. It seems like there's a little more leeway in what they can say/do. Also they're in a group! Groups are fun.

Aladdin and Jasmine are super adorable and that's so awesome he knew Spanish! I'd have to start miming things to those kids and then we'd never get anywhere in the conversation! And, of course, Naveen was as awesome as always.

I love the music in the 'old' movies (Bambi, Cinderella, Snow White, Peter Pan, etc.) and I always forget. But they're so romantic and perfect - much different from the musicals today but much more classic!
I've definitely debated it, and gotten lots of different information about auditions from various sources. I'm can't really make any changes to the trips, though there is a day that was originally set aside to audition in Sept, BUT, if they're looking for these characters NOW, chances are they won't need them come Sept. I feel like one of my big mistakes with the last audition was that we went right after they had done all of the college program auditions, and probably had most of the people they needed.

The International Program is on my list of things to do, and the college program might be as well.. I just need to find a school that would be do able haha. I also just wanted to wait until at least after my first ballroom compeition (Oct) and give myself some time to really save up the money.

I love the rope drop show, so adorbs! GAH! I would love to be one of the stepsisters, or Lottie, if they ever brought her out, they would just always be up to shenanigans! Baha! That'd be my problem, the only Spanish I know is from Dora the Explorer, or the monorail speech! LOL!

Old 07-08-2012, 12:12 PM   #127
katt789
DIS Veteran

The Part Where All Our Dreams Come True

We got to the hub, and made sure to make a stop at the popcorn cart to get some munchies during the show! Now, as most of you might know, they have parts of the sidewalk that are strictly for moving around the hub, and not standing, it’s a safety rule and I do my best to comply with these things in Disney, they exist for a reason. While we were waiting for popcorn, we did our best to stay off to the side, and make it known we were in line, versus pretending we were in line and just watching MM&Y show. There was a man “in line” who was really just standing in the walking space, and starting being ridiculously RUDE when the cm was telling him he had to move, multiple times. Now, the cm was being completely normal, and nice, and the man was just rudely snapping back at him. He then turned to us and said something along the lines of “some people hey!? Sorry about that!” And then proceeded to cut right in front of us in line to get his own popcorn, and not give us any space. Thanks so much for your kindness. Ugh.

Alright, so, rant over, we staked a spot a little bit into the middle of the hub for Wishes, (and here’s the youtube link so you can listen while you look!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-y-x...feature=fvwrel

This was the first time I saw Tinkerbell fly in WDW, seriously! I’ve always been so distracted that I’ve missed it.

Gah! So incredible, I won’t lie, I totally tear-ed up listening to that music right now. Hahah, such a sap. I will tell ya one thing, Disney sure knows how to make a day end fantastically, they put so much thought, work, creativity into each of their nighttime shows, and even put some good morals in there too. Dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them (I just keep telling myself this! Haha)

Figuring that we did not want to join in on the mad house that was currently exiting the park, Tanessa and I fought our way to the very middle of the hub to take a seat on one of the benches and wait for the crowds to fill out. I’ll also say, during the next like, 3 minutes, was the most garbage/mess we ever saw on Disney ground haha!!

Old 07-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #128
katt789
DIS Veteran

The End to a Magical Day

While we waited for the crowds to die down, we slowly left the hub, and got some pictures along the way as well!!

I love that shot! The partners statue always makes me so happy, and I love love love some of the shots of it with the castle in the background, they’re amazing!

We took our time wandering out of Magic Kingdom, browsing through some of the shops, and I made sure to stop in Guest Relations to pick up my dresses that we had gotten back in Adventureland! Then it was onto the bus, back to Caribbean Beach, and to the room, Tyler had gone over to the Hess station

(NOTE: it’s apparently a like, $5.00 cab ride from Downtown Disney, and they have TONS of food, drink, and it’s all super cheap. Tyler made multiple trips for juice, booze and snacks through the week…enough that they apparently asked if he was a cast member baha!)

and picked up some stuff earlier, so we relaxed that evening with a nice cold drink (see, he can do something thoughtful! Haha) while I uploaded the first of my pictures and then it was off to sleep!

Old 07-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #129
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

I've definitely debated it, and gotten lots of different information about auditions from various sources. I'm can't really make any changes to the trips, though there is a day that was originally set aside to audition in Sept, BUT, if they're looking for these characters NOW, chances are they won't need them come Sept. I feel like one of my big mistakes with the last audition was that we went right after they had done all of the college program auditions, and probably had most of the people they needed.

The International Program is on my list of things to do, and the college program might be as well.. I just need to find a school that would be do able haha. I also just wanted to wait until at least after my first ballroom compeition (Oct) and give myself some time to really save up the money.

I love the rope drop show, so adorbs! GAH! I would love to be one of the stepsisters, or Lottie, if they ever brought her out, they would just always be up to shenanigans! Baha! That'd be my problem, the only Spanish I know is from Dora the Explorer, or the monorail speech! LOL!
I know a lot of people will just take an online community college class or something so they're eligible for the CP, I don't know if it works the same way for international people. It does seem that Disney does do a lot of its hiring internally, which kind of sucks because while I would love to work in Animal Programs, I have zero desire to ever work at a counter service/ride. I'm sure those jobs are much harder than what I do now (research in academia), but I don't feel like it's the best use of my skills/education.

So on that note - if it was me, and I could swing it financially (or have a good plan to pay back the credit cards in a reasonable amount of time), I'd go, stay for the auditions + 1 day as cheaply as possible (values, off-site, etc.). On the 'extra' day, I'd go and get more info on the international/normal CP - even from other people working in the Canada pavilion as a backup to the audition.

The Fantasia Mickey hat castle is one of my favorites! I just really like that lighting effect for some reason. It's so cute.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #130
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know a lot of people will just take an online community college class or something so they're eligible for the CP, I don't know if it works the same way for international people. It does seem that Disney does do a lot of its hiring internally, which kind of sucks because while I would love to work in Animal Programs, I have zero desire to ever work at a counter service/ride. I'm sure those jobs are much harder than what I do now (research in academia), but I don't feel like it's the best use of my skills/education.

So on that note - if it was me, and I could swing it financially (or have a good plan to pay back the credit cards in a reasonable amount of time), I'd go, stay for the auditions + 1 day as cheaply as possible (values, off-site, etc.). On the 'extra' day, I'd go and get more info on the international/normal CP - even from other people working in the Canada pavilion as a backup to the audition.

The Fantasia Mickey hat castle is one of my favorites! I just really like that lighting effect for some reason. It's so cute.
The CP is something that's kinda just on the back burner, I've kind of planned out some routes for the next couple of years, and its more dependant on the EPCOT program, or character work. Either I'm cool with ahah.

At this point, I have talked to the "mom" that isn't my mom, and she told me to go, even when I tried protesting and brining up the other side of the argument, it was still "GO" so most likely I will be going, but not with an extra day haha, just using what time I have to hang out!

Old 07-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #131
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Somehow I missed another update!

Love the photos from Wishes! I can never get a good photo of Tink flying. Wait until you hear where we ended up watching Wishes from that night, it's insane. Should be in 3 updates. .

Yay for Tyler getting drinks! All that time spend at CBR worked out for you guys!
Old 07-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #132
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:

The CP is something that's kinda just on the back burner, I've kind of planned out some routes for the next couple of years, and its more dependant on the EPCOT program, or character work. Either I'm cool with ahah.

At this point, I have talked to the "mom" that isn't my mom, and she told me to go, even when I tried protesting and brining up the other side of the argument, it was still "GO" so most likely I will be going, but not with an extra day haha, just using what time I have to hang out!
Haha, I think I'm still in 'applying to grad school' mode, where it was pretty much a competition to apply to the most schools and have the most intricate back up plans! Much different from now, when I'm coming up on graduation and ~real jobs.~ And I can only come up with, like, two I want - and they require networking, which I haaate (and I only have about six months now. SIX. I could make WDW ADRs for the same time frame! Crazy).

I guess DCP is always a back-up for me too!

That's great! I think that if all the logistics (money, room, food) work out, you should definitely go. You already think that September won't be a good time for auditioning so this is a doubly important time. Have you thought about trying for Rosetta? The one that you took pictures with looks to be your height/body type (I think? It's hard to tell in pictures!). I don't know much about the fairies, so have no idea what they'd look for in a Tink/Periwinkle.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #133
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Somehow I missed another update!

Love the photos from Wishes! I can never get a good photo of Tink flying. Wait until you hear where we ended up watching Wishes from that night, it's insane. Should be in 3 updates. .

Yay for Tyler getting drinks! All that time spend at CBR worked out for you guys!
Haha, I'm just a ninja poster like that? Lol. Thanks! I'm just impressed my phone takes pics that good! Oh goodness, it's sure to be a great story!!

Hahah, yup! He may have spend the majority of his trip at the hotel drinking, but at least he thought of us too

Quote:
Haha, I think I'm still in 'applying to grad school' mode, where it was pretty much a competition to apply to the most schools and have the most intricate back up plans! Much different from now, when I'm coming up on graduation and ~real jobs.~ And I can only come up with, like, two I want - and they require networking, which I haaate (and I only have about six months now. SIX. I could make WDW ADRs for the same time frame! Crazy).

I guess DCP is always a back-up for me too!

That's great! I think that if all the logistics (money, room, food) work out, you should definitely go. You already think that September won't be a good time for auditioning so this is a doubly important time. Have you thought about trying for Rosetta? The one that you took pictures with looks to be your height/body type (I think? It's hard to tell in pictures!). I don't know much about the fairies, so have no idea what they'd look for in a Tink/Periwinkle.
Fair deal. And I would love to be any of the fairies, heck, I'll settle for any character, it's all about being part of the magic! They just do auditions in terms of what they need, so it's all about them, and not really about you. I know they probably won't need more fairies anytime soon as they only have them in one place, and with Periwinkle coming in, that's another person to throw into rotation (now it'll be Tink, and one of 4 other possible fairies)

So who knows, we'll see what they say!

Old 07-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #134
katt789
DIS Veteran

A Tour of CBR

On Tues the 25th, I woke up earlier than Tyler & Tanessa (okay, I did everyday) I would usually set my phone’s alarm a little bit earlier to jar everyone out of their sleeping and then when the actual alarm goes off, they’re already awake and should be ready to go. (I worked at summer camp for 5 years…I’m used to working with kids and having to get them ready quickly…I admit I’ll use the same things at Disney haha)

ANYWAY, I set my alarm even earlier today so that if I felt ready, I’d get up and take a walk around Caribbean Beach Resort to really explore and see everything, especially in the early morning when there weren’t a whole lot of people around. So, join me on my walkabout!

The pool and beach front were under 2 minutes away from our door. This had been the first trip longer than 2 days that I had stayed at anything but a Value resort, and it was the first time I’d really explored a resort. (In Jan at the Poly, I was leaving as the sun was rising, and back after dark) It was fantastic to have a pool and a beach that close to the room, CBR really hit home with everyone from our group!

It didn’t take very long from the room to reach the food court and pool area, 10 minutes maximum if you were walking slowly. I decided that since we usually just did breakfast in the room, I’d grab a coffee and light breakfast while I was here to eat on the way back to the room.

Yes, I did in fact get an Uncrustable for breakfast, I love PB &J, and they’re delicious! Haha, and that’s just a plain coffee in there, nothing fancy. My walk was so beautiful, a nice peaceful way to start a Disney day. There was no one around, a couple of people around for a jog here and there (which would have been lovely, running around that lake, would be great!)

And that my friends, is the end of the CBR tour, I headed back to the room, made sure to wake up the others, and get everyone on there way. Once Tyler was awake and remembered it was Hollywood Studios Day, he was up right away to get going!!

Old 07-13-2012, 06:56 PM   #135
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Fair deal. And I would love to be any of the fairies, heck, I'll settle for any character, it's all about being part of the magic! They just do auditions in terms of what they need, so it's all about them, and not really about you. I know they probably won't need more fairies anytime soon as they only have them in one place, and with Periwinkle coming in, that's another person to throw into rotation (now it'll be Tink, and one of 4 other possible fairies)

So who knows, we'll see what they say!
I guess that makes sense, since they have so many people applying and with so many different fairies in one spot. Sounds like a fun - but stressful! - experience!

CBR looks so pretty! I don't think I'd ever stay there too much, as I don't like the inside (spent way too much time in beach cottages as a kid, and it bothers me that they have the Nemo decor - he isn't from the Caribbean!! ) But the landscaping and the exteriors are so lovely! Nice and lush.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: