Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 01:22 AM   #106
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I'm sorry that it's not going to work out for you to audition for Periwinkle. I think that you made the right choice though. If you know you're too tall, it's an expensive "shot in the dark".

What about Merida? You could pull off a red wig, and she looks a little less waif-like than your average fairy. Have there been any specific auditions for her?

Your time will come, I just know it.
Yeah, I figured it would be best to just go when I'm there, or just wait for a different one. Merida needs to speak with a Scottish accent, which is one I just would fail horribly at! Haha! I'm just going to settle for a princess audition in general, and hope for that. And if not, then all signs are pointing towards FOTLK!!
Old 06-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #107
katt789
DIS Veteran

The Update You've All Been Waiting For

Tanessa & I had just said good bye to our undersea friends, and were headed to get a little wet ourselves!! We had fast passes to use, it was hot, and we wanted to get on Splash! Yayayaya!

Awesome ride, obviously, and we made some lovely T-Rex faces on the drop!

After we were refreshed and nice and cool, we aimlessly headed toward the Hub, thinking that we might just grab some food, along the way we passed through Liberty Square, and lo and behold, my old friend Naveen was out! Well, we knew where we were going next, that was for sure. We rushed over to Casey’s and picked up some food, brining it back to the nice little rock ledge wall right beside Tiana & Naveen’s meet and greet, which also happened to be the line up (as the official line wasn’t quite open yet) Tanessa had just gotten a hot dog & fries from Casey’s and I got the Corn Dog Nuggets and Fries (you’ll also notice some more fancy sauce in the picture) This was a meal that I also got a pop with the meal! Something that doesn’t happen often!

The wait for Tiana & Naveen was just around 20 minutes, and that was something that was definitely worth it, let me tell you, surprises were to come.

We got to the front of the line, and that was when things hit the fan. I passed my autograph book to Naveen and we started chatting, and I noticed that he had that “I know you but I can’t quite place where from” look on his face. Like, when someone that you’ve seen briefly at the gym shows up at your work, and you know you see them often, but can’t place where they’re from yet. That look.

Then the conversation went something like this:

Naveen: “You’ve been here before…..”

Katt: “Yup.”

Naveen: “I know you….you’re from Canada?”

Katt: Yes!

Naveen: AH! You were here in January! You were here by yourself! I may have called you Charlotte, but said you weren’t crazy, but very pretty.”

Katt: Dear baby Jesus, I am in love (Okay, so maybe that was just my inner monologue bahaha!) After each fact that Naveen remembered, he would kinda stop, let me confirm it, and then get so super excited that he remembered me.

Naveen: “THIS IS CRAZY! You don’t even know how many people we meet in a day! AHHHH” He was seriously so excited that he remembered me, and I was so so so impressed that he did. Like, that’s some crazyness, to think about how many people they see in a day, much less a week, and to remember someone from 3 MONTHS prior…that’s some awesome skill and must have been memorable for everyone. Wow…Just wow. I was seriously blown away.

We talked a little bit about the last time I had been there, which Naveen also remembered that I was coming back for Halloween, and asked when that would be, I said that I would be back in Sept for sure, and very possibly in June or July for an audition, to be friends with people like him! At the note of this, he got super excited! Heck yes! It was seriously just amazing!

After our last set of hugs, and me promising that I would be back to visit Naveen in the next couple of months, we were off. But before you guys are done with the Naveen stuff, I need to indulge you all in something. I may have mentioned, that we call this specific Naveen “Coco-Puff” to differentiate him from other *friends* of Naveen’s, this started in December, when Sylvia and I were in line for the New Orlean’s couple, and when they came out, the girl behind us freaked out going “ITS COCO-PUFF” and the name just kind of stuck from there on in. However, a few weeks ago I was bored watching youtube videos, and came across one that I think is where the nickname actually came from, I also believe that you should watch it.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95DVr...e_gdata_player

Now, according to my notes, we continued on the character route with going to check on the Princesses, but there was too long of a wait, so we circled back to Splash again, but the ride was down, boooourns. However they would accept late fast passes later. With that decision made, we weren’t walking back across the park again, so, figuring that we were right there, and I had yet to actually be on the Walt Disney Railroad, we took that back to Main Street.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #108
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

YAY!!!!! Ok, normally I'm not overwhelmed by Naveen, but in that close up? With those dimples? He's dreamy. When you get hired there, you must start dating him.

I LOVE Taneesa's expressions in those pictures. You look happy but she looks positively charmed.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:08 PM   #109
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YAY!!!!! Ok, normally I'm not overwhelmed by Naveen, but in that close up? With those dimples? He's dreamy. When you get hired there, you must start dating him.

I LOVE Taneesa's expressions in those pictures. You look happy but she looks positively charmed.
Ahahaha, I knooooowooow right?! Like, I've met him before, and nothing compared to January haha. BAHA! Oh you amuse me, in a perfect world I totes would! Lol!
Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 PM   #110
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

OMG, I would seriously die if that Naveen remembered me. Um, you better see him on your upcoming trips!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:45 AM   #111
jane2073
Mother of an eight-year-old dinosaur expert. :)

I love how you are hugging Tiana but looking at Naveen!!

They are my absolute favorite couple at DW!!
Old 06-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #112
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
OMG, I would seriously die if that Naveen remembered me. Um, you better see him on your upcoming trips!!!
I'm pretty sure I did die...then and there, incredible!! And I'm hoping, considering we'll be in MK like, 7 days (including mnsshp) I'm hoping we will. I also might end up down in DW sometime in late July (fingers crossed on flights dropping super love lol) for an audition, so maybe then!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
I love how you are hugging Tiana but looking at Naveen!!

They are my absolute favorite couple at DW!!
Bahah! Yup...that's how I roll! They've always been a favorite of mine because they never dissappoint in m&gs!!
Old 06-27-2012, 11:28 AM   #113
katt789
DIS Veteran

Watch Out for Gaston

The train deposited us right into Town Square (surprise?! RIGHT?! I totally thought it went somewhere else….) and we jumped right into the line for the Princesses using our fast passes. This was the first time I had used fast passes for any characters, and it worked out nicely, we only ended up waiting around 10 minutes. (For the record, I’m guessing it was somewhere around 7pm by this point, maybe later? Things to do for next trip: really take more notice of the time/wait times…also…more detailed notes! Haha)

Naturally, once we got into the Princess room, the first one to greet us was Aurora, we talked about Princes up in Canada, and said that that was probably the reason we had come down, to find ourselves some Princes down here (check and check!) hey, we liked them better down here. Hahah! Now, no dis to the cm at all, but there was just something really weird about Aurora, something was off, and not the greatest. I thought at first that it might have been just me, but Tanessa said she saw/felt it too. Weird. Fact: I’ve only really had 1 awesome (or above average really) experience with Aurora.

Next we had Belle, we chatted for a bit, and she said to be careful to watch out for Gaston, he’d be the one flexing his muscles, and we need to watch out, because he really likes pretty girls. Ha! No worries, I’ll take him! Make sure he doesn’t hassle anyone else. She was great, and definitely the prettiest Belle I’ve seen yet!

Last but not least, of course, was Cinderella (also, can I just say that my roommate was watching Cinderella the other day, and we both forgot how awesome it is, and how much we love it! It’s been years since I’ve watched some Disney movies!) She was good, that’s all I have written down. However, something was weird there too, she was reeeeallly short! Like, I’m talking 5’2’’ and under, she was shorter than me, and she was wearing heels while I was in flip flops. Now I know that the height requirement to be “friends” with a Princess actually starts at 5’3’’ and I’m just under 5’4’’, so it just seemed weird, I know I’ve heard of your “Disney height” being different than your actual height, maybe it was that situation, who knows?!

Our royal adventures were behind us, and we had one more character stop of the day to make (any guesses!?!), but since we were down on Main Street now, we figured we should probably grab a snack instead of trekking back to the Confectionary later. We both got a variety of candied apples (and me like the awesome TR writer I am, forgot to get pictures…whoops!).

We both finished our treats on the way over to Adventureland, and hopped in line for the Fairies!! The wait was posted at 25 minutes, but we ended up waiting closer to 15! Heck yes!

Once we were shrunk down to size, we got to meet Rosetta! Tanessa was going to just skip out and be the shutter bug for this one, but Rosetta pulled her in after a little chat and had us pose like pixies!

We said thanks and jumped over into Tink’s line, and again, chatted with her a bit before getting some pixie pictures!

Both of our Pixie Hollow friends were good, not the best that I had met, that’s for sure, but hey, it was also the end of the day, I can imagine they get tired after a flutterific day!
Old 07-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #114
shan23877

I don't know how I missed this update!

I love how you're always analyzing the characters to see if you could be them. It just shows that you'd really love to have a job like theirs.

I think that we met the princesses very soon after you did (don't have my notes right here), but we had a completely different set. Aurora even looks a little weird. Def. not like any one I've ever seen. Her mouth looks a little funny?

And Cindy looks like she'd make a great Tink, maybe that's what she usually does and that's why she's so short?

Great update, looking forward to hearing more. Any word on the possible July audition?
Old 07-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #115
jane2073

I agree that Princess Aurora looks a little odd.

I like your picture of MainStreet. It looks like everyone is looking at the camera...and about to charge!!
Old 07-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #116
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't know how I missed this update!

I love how you're always analyzing the characters to see if you could be them. It just shows that you'd really love to have a job like theirs.

I think that we met the princesses very soon after you did (don't have my notes right here), but we had a completely different set. Aurora even looks a little weird. Def. not like any one I've ever seen. Her mouth looks a little funny?

And Cindy looks like she'd make a great Tink, maybe that's what she usually does and that's why she's so short?

Great update, looking forward to hearing more. Any word on the possible July audition?
Haha, I was wondering where everyone went, so I just kept updating haha.

Baha! I know right, I always do it, at least in the after thoughts/pictures, half the time I'm way too distracted in the moment! I just really hope that I will eventually get to be friends with characters! Haha, it's very possible that we were in the theatre at the same time, but still saw different princesses, I've heard that there are actually 2 rooms of princesses I did notice this time around that we came out in a bit of a different spot that normal...maybe I'm just crazy, maybe it's true haha.

Thanks! And at this point, no, I won't be back until Sept unless I find one heck of a cheap flight. I stopped putting payments down on the AKL trip a while back to be able to afford my visa bills, and now have 1800 left to pay on it, but 536 for flights, and 600 for the AoA package. Not to mention rent, groceries, and spending money while I'm in Disney. SO, I'm a little low on funds, the audition will have to wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
I agree that Princess Aurora looks a little odd.

I like your picture of MainStreet. It looks like everyone is looking at the camera...and about to charge!!
Thanks! And yeah, I totally didn't notice it until you mentioned it, but it totally does!!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #117
katt789
DIS Veteran

It's Parade Time (interferred by some rude people!)

Tanessa & I had just been grown back up to real people sized from pixie sized, and we were on our way over to Frontierland, what were we doing there, you may ask? Well we were off to see the parade of course! We crossed through and tried to find a spot, picking and choosing, and here, is where some very rude people came to play, we have picked a spot, and been standing there for a while before the parade eventually made it to us, and when it did, the people that were beside us kept shoving in front of us, which was fine for me, but Tanessa’s rather short, and now couldn’t really see, much less try to take pictures, and it just kept getting worse. One of those things. Nonetheless, we enjoyed the parade, and got what pictures we could.

And, despite the rude people around us during the parade, we still managed to enjoy it, and Tanessa was impressed with some of the shots I had gotten. Knowing that it was about time for the Magic, Memories and You, and Wishes, we headed back towards the hub to grab a spot for that!

Old 07-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #118
shan23877

Poor Taneesa. I'm super short so I understand.

Love M,M,Y! Glad you guys got a good spot for it!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #119
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Poor Taneesa. I'm super short so I understand.

Love M,M,Y! Glad you guys got a good spot for it!
Wow, you got in before I even got back to the main TR forum! That was some ninja skills! Haha. I felt bad for her, but I moved as far over as I could, some people just think "I only need to move for kids" in Disney. I feel like some people really have the wrong mindset in Disney, "it's for kids" "why is that adult in line for characters, why are they taking so long, there's KIDS here that have been waiting" "they're adults, they don't need to see the parade"

#rantover

lawl. I do wish we'd had a better spot, it's awesome to watch MMY close up so you can see the pictures, but Wishes is better watched from further away. I guess it's a two night thing! Haha
Old 07-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #120
jane2073

It is a valid rant. Countless times we have gotten to our parade spot at least 30 minutes a head of time, only to be squeezed out by others.
My least favorite is when CM tell people to get behind the line and they think that means they can get behind the line-right in front of us!

Love the parade pictures! MSEP has been one of my favorites since I was a little girl!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: