Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #91
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Yay! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the Hoop!! The food is really good there.

at the Purple Guy being your favorite. I had a fave at the Luau, and have lots of pictures of him to share.

I am so curious now how on earth you guys ended up at the Poly!

Looking forward to more!
It was fantastic! Like, seriously, it will be revisted on future trips, the food! So good! Baha! There were many favorites through the week, just wait til MK day! Our boyfriends were found! ahahahaa. We wanted to take the boat from FW, so that took us to Magic Kingdom, where I had thought there was a bus to Downtown Disney, there wasn't, so we monorailed over to the Poly to catch the bus......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
1. I LOVE the Primeval Whirl themeing. It's just so adorable and funny and there's so many hidden details. I like it better than Dinosaur, now that I think about it; I really liked Indiana Jones at DL, which I wasn't expecting because I don't like Dinosaur that much!

2. Whenever I read your TRs I get all excited to do a character/meet'n'greet heavy trip, but then it never happens! I probably should do some solo/other travelling companion trips (it would be hard to find someone more apathetic about character meets than my boyfriend...)

3. Your PP Pictures are adorable!

4. Cornbread is an A++ food and I really need to go to Hoop Dee Doo! Did it have corn in it? I like wine with a little juice in it too! I'm so not a wine connoisseur; I just really like grape juice and grape-juice-y wine.

5. I'm actually pretty excited for Fort Wilderness DVC - I, too, really like the area, but camping is totally out of the question and I can't justify renting a 6-person room for the two of us. I hope the DVC expansion has some of the studios!

6. I hope you liked pin trading! I think we're going to start our next trip - some of the pins are so cute! And my boyfriend likes chatting to people so it's win-win for us!

7. Sangria is totally healthy - it has fruit!!
Baha! Yeah, I definitely like it better than Dinosaur, and I never managed to get onto Idy in DLR. Hahaha, yeah, it's definitely a good idea to take a solo trip, or do something with someone, every trip I take I make sure to warn whoever I'm with that we're stopping for most all of the characters!

The hoop was awesome!! There was no corn pieces in the corn bread, but it was still great, and the sangria was the juicey kind, not the "wine with some stuff in it" kid

I'm really hoping to stay there some day, and I was considering it if I take off over the summer, but a whole cabin to myself seems kinda lonely haha, I just want to stay there!!

Hahahahahahaha, oh pin trading, the question is, did those pins ever make it out of our bags again?! And yes, sangria totes is!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 06-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #92
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Looks like you guys had a great time at the Hoop. It's been a while since we've been back, but the last time we went, my brother Jason, actually was picked from the crowd to participate.

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #93
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Looks like you guys had a great time at the Hoop. It's been a while since we've been back, but the last time we went, my brother Jason, actually was picked from the crowd to participate.
We really did!! It's seriously hilarious, so fast paced, they get ya in, fed, drunk and out so quickly, it was impressive haha!! I was surprised that no one at our table was picked out of the audience...who knows?! I would definitely do it again, but am thinking SoA for the next trip (not involving a halloween party)

Old 06-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #94
katt789
DIS Veteran

A Very Magical Morning

Before we start this update, I just need to say, apparently I had too much sangria when I was typing up the Hoop de Doo updates....clearly...one cannot catch a DTD bus from MK, which had been our plan. When told we were not able, we took the monorail to the Poly, and a bus from there. Now, while at the Poly, Shan23877 was on her way out of either SoA or Ohana for dinner and we half ran into them! THAT...is why we were at the Poly that night.....

The next morning started nice and early for us (probably around 7:30 ish) and were out the door without breakfast this time as we had something bigger planned! By around 8:45 we were graced with the beauty that is Magic Kingdom!

I know we had already been in MK, and we had already been in AK, but the trip really begins for me on the bright early morning, watching the rope drop show, and then walking down Main Street in the morning, it’s just so incredible! We waited the 15 minutes, and watched as a school group loaded in through the turnstiles, booooo, hopefully we wouldn’t run into them later! And before we knew it, the Rope Drop show had began!

Oh my goodness, NOTHING is greater than watching this show and knowing that you are officially immersed in the magic. (I won’t lie, while typing this up, I turned on the music from the show…I’m that much of a nerd!) Ugh, it’s just so fantastic. With the show over with, Tyler, Tanessa and I headed through the tunnel on the right side, and followed the crowd through to Main Street. Everyone else was in such a hurry, but I really like taking my time down Main St to look around, take it all in, besides, we had a plan, but it wasn’t a do or DIE, we had the time to breathe.

One of the CM’s along the street had dressed up Stitch and I just thought it was just adorable! Now…are you ready for more castle pictures than ever! (Okay, not really, but these are only a fraction of the ones I took!)

As you can tell, we were headed right up and through Cinderella’s Castle this morning, I was on a mission for the first character meet of the day, the question is, would we actually get to see our Fairy Godmother this morning?! You’ll just have to wait and see!!

Old 06-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #95
katt789
DIS Veteran

It's A Ginger Love Connection!

Hey friends! So first off, here is a link to the newest Pre-Trip Report of mine:
PTR
It's for the September "Split Stay" Trip! And you should read along!

I left off with us walking through the beauty that is Cinderella’s Castle, to see if our Fairy Godmother would be out to wish us a good morning and make sure all our dreams came true while we were in Disney. Well, we got to the other side of the castle, made the hairpin turn to her meet and greet area, and she wasn’t there! However, there were some other very lovely ladies that were hanging out, and we definitely couldn’t pass up!! In case you couldn’t guess, it was the Tremaines!

We jumped right up to say hello to them and they were instantly fantastic (as expected haha) Drizella asked about my shoes hurting my feet (I had a little blister from earlier and used sports tape rather than band aids, so it looked a little worse than it was haha) and we talked about the cold, how we were probably to blame for bringing the cold with us as we’re from Canada.

However, the greatest moment of the meet & greet came while we were taking the pictures, Anastasia leaned over to Tanessa, and asked “Who is he? Is he yours?” about Tyler, who was taking the pictures, we explained that he was Tyler, our friend, and definitely not “belonging” to either of us, gross. Haha! She then immediately started hitting on him, exclaiming that it was a ginger love connection, and that they had to get married. Lady Tremaine asked what it was that he does for a living, to see if he could support her, and when Anastasia found out he was a chef, she was done for. Seriously, head over heels, she was ready, and as we said goodbye Tyler promised he would bring her back a cupcake, and the wedding was set! Haha. Our next destination was just around the corner:

In case you can’t tell, that’s us getting fast passes for Peter Pan’s Flight to use after breakfast, and it spit out some SURPRISE fast passes for Phillharmagic, which was awesome! (Although you don’t ever really need a fast pass for it, but the thought’s there, right?) Thanks to our little exchange with the Tremaines taking longer than expected, we circled right back around to in front of the castle to get some photopass pics on the way to breakfast!

Where were we having breakfast, you may ask? Well, one of my favorite places, and with some of our favorite characters, Crystal Palace was the WIN for us. With a reservation at 9:50, we checked in at 9:30, and I told Tanessa & Tyler they could run for Space if they were fast, but they decided to just wait it out with me, which was nice of them. I kept an eye out for my disboard friend Shannon again, as I knew she had breakfast here just before us, and apparently she saw us while we were waiting! (Thank you, sparkly silver Minnie ears! Which I clearly don’t have on in any of the pictures, but I swear I did have them on periodically through the day, between the headband and my sunglasses, it kinda hurt my head haha!) We were seated by 9:55, in the far right hand side of the restaurant (when you walk in, go right) and our server greeted us shortly, and he was great, and it was off to the buffet for us! I’m pretty sure we each had a coffee and orange juice to drink, could be wrong…

And yes, those are BOTH mine, hey, it was breakfast & lunch combined! Hahah. The top one has some Pooh’s Stuffed French Toast, some cheesy potatoes, bacon, sausage, egg, and of course a Mickey waffle. The bottom one has some strawberries, watermelon, smoked salmon, and grapes. My verdict: very sad that they didn’t have the chocolate Mickey waffles anymore, the Pooh’s Toast really didn’t live up to expectations, I mean, it was good, but it was just like a donut, and the bacon, well, I have yet to find Disney bacon that’s good haha. HOWEVER, the rest of it was absolutely incredible! With the potatoes, and the salmon taking home the win, seriously! Everyone LOVED the potatoes, and Tyler/Tanessa loved all the food, said it was fantastic. Within the first little bit, our first character came around, the bear of the hour, Winnie the Pooh!

(p.s. In these pics you can see the Ariel shirt! Yay!) He was adorable, as per usual, and as per usual, Tyler wasn’t too keen on the characters, so he nicely took pictures while he stuffed himself silly. After Pooh Bear, I ran up to the buffet to grab something I had had my eye on.

That, my friends, is breakfast lasagna. It’s layers of waffles, pancakes, berry sauce and some other stuff, I don’t really remember, but man, was it good!! It was sweet, and carbey, so super dessert like, but hey, where else can you have dessert for breakfast?! After that, Tigger bounced by for a visit, and Tyler actually got in on this one!

I took some nice time during the digesting break between characters to look around, and of course up!

And Tyler took some time to take a picture of the table….

With that our final friend came along, and the couple beside us was nice enough to take a picture with all 3 of us in it just as we were leaving!

Everyone loved breakfast at Crystal Palace, it was a smashing hit over all aspects. The food is delicious, specifically at breakfast, and the characters are always fun to hang out with for a while. One thing I did have an issue with is the time that I made the reservation, having one for 9:50 am just really eats up all your precious early morning park time. Next time I’d either do the latest breakfast that you can get, or do the pre-rope drop breakfast and miss the show, but just my opinion!

Old 06-07-2012, 02:31 PM   #96
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

So that's how you ended up at the Poly! Mystery solved.

You got some GREAT Photopass pictures that morning! You guys look awesome. I love the interaction with the Tremaines! I can't wait until Maddie gets older and takes princesses a little less seriously-I'm sure that we'll get to have a little more fun with them then.

I was curious how you felt about the CP breakfast that day. I wasn't too impressed that morning.

Yay for sparkly Minnie ears! I saw you waiting outside, but then lost sight of you. Probably because you were on the opposite side of the restaurant from us as we were leaving.

Love the opening show pics!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #97
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

I love Cryastal Palace for breakfast. I've never tried it for lunch or dinner but it's always been a hit for us for breakfast.

Old 06-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #98
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So that's how you ended up at the Poly! Mystery solved.

You got some GREAT Photopass pictures that morning! You guys look awesome. I love the interaction with the Tremaines! I can't wait until Maddie gets older and takes princesses a little less seriously-I'm sure that we'll get to have a little more fun with them then.

I was curious how you felt about the CP breakfast that day. I wasn't too impressed that morning.

Yay for sparkly Minnie ears! I saw you waiting outside, but then lost sight of you. Probably because you were on the opposite side of the restaurant from us as we were leaving.

Love the opening show pics!
Aahhaha, yuuup. I thoguht I had included it with the post, but apparently I'm just crazy Thanks!! We were all just happy to be up and there, and headed to great breakfast! Oh my goodness, the Tremaines are just amazing, but I can definitely see how a little princess wouldn't like them!

That's too bad!! Our service was great, and the food was pretty good, I just really really really miss the chocolate mickey waffles! You guys were still inside when we came in?! How weird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
I love Cryastal Palace for breakfast. I've never tried it for lunch or dinner but it's always been a hit for us for breakfast.

Soooo good!! I love it. Dinner, not so much...the food isn't as good (in my opinion) I'd rather go for breakfast, if I'm going to do character lunch/dinner, I'm going to do 1900 Park Fare, the food there was awesome (and I'm interested in trying Tusker House!)

Old 06-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #99
katt789
DIS Veteran

What Tyler Wants to Do

Tyler, Tanessa and I headed out from breakfast with our bellies full and our hunger for some rides very ready, since we had some fast passes burning some holes in our pockets we headed straight to Peter Pan’s Flight first!

I don’t bother to even try to take pictures inside the ride, the black light, no flash, being above “London/Neverland”, it just really doesn’t work out. We arrived back from Neverland safe and sound and headed right around the corner to our next stop, the Haunter Mansion; again, I apparently have no pictures of! Haha, I’m being a bad trip report writer here! (edit: so I do have some pictures, they were just on my phone, and I suck as I have everything worked out to how many pictures fit in a post, so the thought was there! Haha!) We were circling through to Frontierland to explore over there and Adventureland when we (especially I ) got super distracted by a little friend! A little duckling of a friend that is, Donald, of course! I have a love for Donald, and love that he has a bunch of other costumes he greets in, so it was a definite have to stop for Frontierland Donald!

He was super super adorable and fantastic, he kept gesturing to my Mickey ears and making thumbs down signs, so I definitely took them off right away and said that he was my favorite, as he is number one! Tyler likes to poke fun and started talking about how Mickey was better, so needless to say, him and Donald weren’t very good friends! Ha!

Yay! He’s sooo cute! I love that he instigated a different pose than something normal, I like pictures that have a different aspect to them, but I can never think of a pose, so I like it when they suggest something (hey, what can I say, when you’re there 6 times in a year classic smile and pose pictures get old). We said goodbye to our feathered friend and I discreetly put my Mickey ears back on and we headed towards the Jungle Cruise, when I noticed Tyler was seriously lagging, and I knew there was only so much in Magic Kingdom that he wanted to do. So as we were about to go into the cue for Jungle Cruise, I stopped, and asked him “Do you want to do this and tag along all day, or do you just want to head to Tomorrowland, do what you want to do, and then you can leave and we can do everything you DON’T want to after?” What was his reply? Yes of course!!

We crossed through the hub over to Tomorrowland, and grabbed a Space Mountain fast pass as the wait was a little long, our return time was 1:10pm. What to do? Well, Buzz Lightyear was out for some meet & greets, so of course we headed over there, where we waited about half an hour (I’m completely guessing right now) before meeting the space ranger! Knowing he was Tyler’s favorite, we let him go up first and get some solo pics first!

He was great to play around with (heh heh heh get it, cause he’s a toy?! Baha! I crack myself up) as Tyler went in and he made him do various muscle poses to prove just how manly and awesome they were

When Tanessa and I went in, we took our picture, and got my book stamped, and then Buzz gestured that it was time for a different kind of pose, and got us to kiss his cheeks! All the while he was gesturing to Tyler, and being all “jealous?” and even threw a thumbs up in there to show everyone that yes, it was awesome

With our new official status as Space Rangers, we headed over to the people mover! It’s such an underrated ride, seriously, if you haven’t been on it, you should really take the time for it on your next trip. Also, ride it once during the day, and once at night, a completely different experience!

After our ride through the sky, we browsed through some of the stores around Tomorrowland to kill some time before our fast passes were ready to use, and once that was done, it was time to go! Not to mention, it was finally getting warm out! Tanessa and Tyler jumped into the fast pass line while I went into the gift shop to meet them when they came out. (In case you forgot/didn’t know, I have problems with flashy lights, and generally use that as an excuse to not ride space, however there’s a big chance I should be okay to ride it in Sept….after watching videos, I think I’ll be able to block the launch out). The Space exit gift shop is somewhere that you should check out, as there’s lots of stuff that is NOT related to Space Mtn, and some stuff you might not see anywhere else! The newly found space explorers were off the coaster in around 15-20 minutes, and thanks to Tanessa giving me her bag, there’s no redneck ride photo!

Now that Tyler had accomplished all his things in Magic Kingdom, he said goodbye to us, and left to go back for the resort, we made plans to maybe meet up later in the evening for fireworks, but when he said “I’ll meet you infront of the castle” I knew he was either not coming, or insane, or just really didn’t know his Disney…any are completely acceptable. Well, now that it was girls only, what would we do!?

Old 06-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #100
katt789
DIS Veteran

Tanessa Meets her Boyfriend

Tanessa and I continued on our Magic Kingdom adventures, now without Tyler, and where were two girls to go? Well, Fantasyland of course! Hoping that all the young kiddies would have left for nap time, we figured that wait times might be a little less crowded. Were we right!? Well, not really, the lines were still all around 30 minutes, so we figured we’d hit it up later, daytime is prime character time, and there was no way we were missing that! (Especially with the non-character go-er gone!) Our first stop was right in the middle of Fantasyland, waiting by some really big tea cups!

Luckily he wasn’t running late today, so he had some time to sign some autographs, and pose for some pictures! The wait wasn’t long at all, thankfully!

After a quick glance at the meet and greet schedule we figured we’d head over to Adventureland next to get in some meet and greets over there! Which side of Adventureland were we headed over to? Well, let’s see, we passed this:

And ended up in a line that had this view:

Tanessa and I had gotten to the line just as they had closed it off, they said that we could stay, or come back, but we’d still have to be there about an hour before hand anyway, so we decided to just stick it out. It ended up being about an hour wait in total, and it was REALLY hot in that sun, let me tell you. However, was it worth it?! OF COURSE! Aladdin and Jasmine came out soon enough, and started talking with all the families as their turns came up. Tanessa took a liking to Aladdin straight away, and it was about to get more intense. A family went up with these two little girls who Jasmine and Aladdin started trying to talk to, but their parents explained that they really only spoke Spanish, to which Aladdin turned around to the kids and started spewing off in Spanish to them; showing that they would go to any lengths to communicate with the kids who wanted to meet them. That was it, Tanessa was sold, she had found her boyfriend!!

It was about twenty minutes by the time it was our turn to meet the Arabian prince and princess, and we were ready. We chatted for a bit about where we were from, how we knew each other, where we worked, and what kind of shows, they were definitely awesome!!

Tanessa said good bye to her new boyfriend, and we continued through Adventureland, stopping in a bunch of the shops along the way, where we both bought a couple of dresses that I had sent to the front of the park so I could wear one the next day! (So obviously you will see them in the next few days of updates). By the time we reached our next character line destination, Ariel’s line was already closed, and her next set would begin at 4pm, sp we figured we would wait anyway. I definitely took the time to grab a dole whip, and took the time to run over to Splash Mountain to grab some fast passes to use afterwards!

I passed the time by taking some random photos on my phone while we attempted to devour the Dole Whip before it melted! We both played some games on our phones while waiting, and the cast member running the line started letting us slowly advance through the line, keeping the last family in that set in their eye to cut the line off properly. Well, things must have been going a little faster than they anticipated, as they ended up letting the group in front of us and us in before Ariel & Eric went in for a quick break! Yay!

They were great! As usual, I was super excited, Ariel asked where we were from, and Tanessa replied with “Canada” to which Eric looked at me and went “You’re not from Calgary, are you?” me, being far too distracted in the moment, should have realized that he remembered me from the last time I was there, and should have struck up a conversation, but wasn’t paying enough attention! Ha!

In total, we waited an hour to see Ariel & Eric, which is good considering that if we hadn’t been snuck in at the end of the group, we probably would have waited closer to an hour an a half! And hey, it was worth it, waits were long for characters, but they were just about to get better and better! (And if we thought Eric knowing I was from Calgary was intense, we had an explosion of awesome about to happen!)

Old 06-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #101
jane2073
DIS Veteran

I've been waiting to read about you meet and greet with Naveen! I know that has to be it!!!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:05 PM   #102
shan23877

The character lines were crazy in MK this trip! I think we opted out of waiting an hour for Ariel and Eric even thought that was Maddie's Eric from last trip. We did meet that Jasmine and Aladdin that day though, and we met the people you were off to see next (well half of them ). I'm glad that you girls got to do you character meets while Tyler was relaxing. We stayed at MK for Wishes that night too! I think we just took a different character circuit or we may have been following each other around all day!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:57 PM   #103
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
I've been waiting to read about you meet and greet with Naveen! I know that has to be it!!!
Ahahahahaha, oh just you wait! Baha! It was the moment of the trip I was most waiting for too!

Quote:
The character lines were crazy in MK this trip! I think we opted out of waiting an hour for Ariel and Eric even thought that was Maddie's Eric from last trip. We did meet that Jasmine and Aladdin that day though, and we met the people you were off to see next (well half of them ). I'm glad that you girls got to do you character meets while Tyler was relaxing. We stayed at MK for Wishes that night too! I think we just took a different character circuit or we may have been following each other around all day!
SO INSANE! I've never found character lines to be that bad, I was surprised! Lol, yeah, we must have just been a few steps off, I'm also guessing you guys spent a little more time in FL than we did haha! It's weird that we never saw each other past breakfast. So weird!!

Old 06-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #104
katt789
DIS Veteran

Life Update #1

Alright, so just wanted to jump in here and update a little bit on life and it's goings on that aren't to do with Disney trips. As some/many of you know, I've auditioned to "be friends" with characters once before, and my 6 months (until I could audition again) was just up this month, and I was waiting for the oppertune moment to audition again. What was this moment, well, I was specifically waiting for when they announced that they were looking for people to "be friends" with Periwinkle, a new member of Pixie Hollow. Well, that was today.

Am I going to the audition?

No...after about 10 minutes of the most frantic thinking and searching I've ever done, I realized it would not be worth it. Why, I'm 5'3.9'' height wise, Periwinkle, goes from 4-11'' to 5'2''....just under my height. She's also listed as "very slender" (and if you look at the picture they have of Tink & her, there's a noticeable difference in size of their thighs...) Well, I'm a busty girl, and certainly wouldn't be considered "very slender" even if I was going to push the height thing.

There was another "show & parade mover/friend of character" audition in the same week as the fairy one, and I considered just going, and going to both, but it just wouldn't be worth it, I'll wait for a better one to come along!!

Old 06-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #105
shan23877

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Alright, so just wanted to jump in here and update a little bit on life and it's goings on that aren't to do with Disney trips. As some/many of you know, I've auditioned to "be friends" with characters once before, and my 6 months (until I could audition again) was just up this month, and I was waiting for the oppertune moment to audition again. What was this moment, well, I was specifically waiting for when they announced that they were looking for people to "be friends" with Periwinkle, a new member of Pixie Hollow. Well, that was today.

Am I going to the audition?

No...after about 10 minutes of the most frantic thinking and searching I've ever done, I realized it would not be worth it. Why, I'm 5'3.9'' height wise, Periwinkle, goes from 4-11'' to 5'2''....just under my height. She's also listed as "very slender" (and if you look at the picture they have of Tink & her, there's a noticeable difference in size of their thighs...) Well, I'm a busty girl, and certainly wouldn't be considered "very slender" even if I was going to push the height thing.

There was another "show & parade mover/friend of character" audition in the same week as the fairy one, and I considered just going, and going to both, but it just wouldn't be worth it, I'll wait for a better one to come along!!

I'm sorry that it's not going to work out for you to audition for Periwinkle. I think that you made the right choice though. If you know you're too tall, it's an expensive "shot in the dark".

What about Merida? You could pull off a red wig, and she looks a little less waif-like than your average fairy. Have there been any specific auditions for her?

Your time will come, I just know it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: