Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #76
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Haha, you think fitting three adults in Primeval Whirl is hard, try four! It's a sight, I tell you.

I didn't sit on the right side of the vehicle for the longest time on Dinosaur. Now I just laugh in his face.

Yum yum, Pizzafari. Love it!
Old 05-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #77
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Haha, you think fitting three adults in Primeval Whirl is hard, try four! It's a sight, I tell you.

I didn't sit on the right side of the vehicle for the longest time on Dinosaur. Now I just laugh in his face.

Yum yum, Pizzafari. Love it!
Hahaha! I'll bet that's rough!! Bahaha, yeah, I just don't like sitting on the edge on dinosaur, I probably will eventually, we'll see. Ah Pizza! So delicious! I could go for some now!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-28-2012, 01:36 PM   #78
katt789
DIS Veteran

A Festival of Lions

Tanessa and I (remember that Tyler is already gone back to Caribbean Beach Resort to chill out while we explored more) quickly headed back across the bridge into CMM and joined the line that was already formed for Festival of the Lion King. They started letting people in rather soon, and we picked some seats, I believe we were in the Warthog section for the show!

However, the head of the lion section certainly was good looking haha!!

And the show begins! GAH! I just love it, how it gets all silent, the sound of the “wind” and stuff while all the “animals” are coming into the room, and then the songs & singing starts, so incredible!

Benefit of being in the Warthog section, we were super close to the bird dancer the entire show! YAY! She is my favorite after all, haha! *sigh* I swear, by this time next year, I will be doing that job, I just need to crack down and be stretching and doing ballet as much as I can!

I know some of the pictures aren’t the greatest, but hey, they’ll do, right?! And of course, that’s only half of the pictures that I have, so more in the next post!!

Continued In Next Post

Old 05-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #79
katt789
DIS Veteran

FOTLK Part 2

The show was absolutely fantastic, as per usual, but something was lacking from it today. Whether there were some different main cast members, or someone wasn’t feeling too hot, or they just wanted to get through the day of shows, and this was only number 2, it had that feel to it, Tanessa agreed. The potential was definitely there, everyone just wasn’t giving their fullest, kinda just going through the motions, that being said, it was still fantastic! We headed out talking about the show with the plan to go see some more characters next!

Old 05-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #80
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

The girl who flies as the bird is my absolute favorite part of FOTLK. That would be epic if you got that job. So so so cool.
Old 05-28-2012, 11:45 PM   #81
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

FoLK? No way! I'm so glad that you convinced me!

We were probably overlapping left and right!

and, Happy Birthday!!!!!!

I can't believe that you aren't celebrating at WDW! Hope it was a fabulous day!
Old 05-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #82
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
The girl who flies as the bird is my absolute favorite part of FOTLK. That would be epic if you got that job. So so so cool.
I know right?!?! She kills me, I am determined to get that job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
FoLK? No way! I'm so glad that you convinced me!

We were probably overlapping left and right!

and, Happy Birthday!!!!!!

I can't believe that you aren't celebrating at WDW! Hope it was a fabulous day!
Haha! It's awesome isn't it!? We probably were, I know we were right around Tusker while you were eating, but it was so crowded in that area I didn't see anyone.

And thanks!! I wanted nother more than to be in Disney, but my roomate planned a half surprise disney themed party, it was adorable.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #83
katt789
DIS Veteran

It's Time for Characters!

Tanessa and I cut across the hub of the park with some specific characters in mind, and those ones were hidden over in the Hundred Acre Wood! I absolutely love this character line, you wait in 1 line, meet 3 people, and it’s kinda hidden, so there’s never really much of a wait (or I’ve just always timed it right). Tanessa and I were both super excited as Eeyore is her favorite, and Tigger is mine! Don’t think we don’t have the love for Pooh though!

With Eeyore up next, I let Tanessa get one with just her first before I jumped in.

And she was great enough to let me jump up and have some favorite time with Tigger while she took a pic before jumping in for one too.

And see, in that last picture, is why I don’t really like to have autograph books, some of the characters hold on to them behind you, some of them have a little place to put them while taking the picture (this also helps when it’s kids and they can give it back to mom) but some of them, you end up holding it awkwardly, or having it half sticking out of your bag and it just looks weird. Ugh. First world problems.

We smiled and waved as we said TTFN to Tigger, and headed away from our new friends with a plan of attack to do next. Both of us wanted to ride Everest again, and figured if the wait was too long, we’d just jump into the single rider line to get it quickly. Along the way, we saw a certain wilderness explorer out and about, and I grabbed a picture of him.

One of our work friends dressed up as the “boy scout” for the last show we had at the theatre, with the costume, he looked exactly like Russell, so when we all started calling him that, he changed over to be Russell, and it’s kinda stuck since then. We reached Expedition Everest in no time, but the wait, was not the same, so single rider it was! I’m pretty sure we ended up actually being in the same car, and as usual, it was great! No redneck photo though!

With that, it was probably still just before noon, and we were, officially, done with Animal Kingdom. Sure, I still kinda wanted to explore the trails right up by the tree of life, and Tanessa wanted to go out to the conservation station, but we decided to just browse through some of the shops, and head slowly out of the park. Of course, when there are two girls, and a pre-paid photopass, we had to stop for some photos.

And some more right out front of the park!

With that, we were done at Animal Kingdom, and it wasn’t even that late in the day! Extra Magic Hours in the AM, just perfect! We had some big plans for the night, and they were exciting, so we headed back to Caribbean Beach to prepare!

Old 05-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #84
shan23877

Cute pictures with Pooh and the Gang! I love Eyeore and Tigger too.

We might have been in that line to meet Russel when you walked by! We met them right before our 11:30 ADR! So crazy!

I can't wait to hear what you guys thought of your evening entertainment. I think that we're going back there on the next trip. We love the cheesey fun!
Old 06-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #85
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Cute pictures with Pooh and the Gang! I love Eyeore and Tigger too.

We might have been in that line to meet Russel when you walked by! We met them right before our 11:30 ADR! So crazy!

I can't wait to hear what you guys thought of your evening entertainment. I think that we're going back there on the next trip. We love the cheesey fun!
Thanks!! Tigger's definitely my favorite! That's crazy! I'm not totally sure when we walked past rusell (that pic I think is a little out of order...)

Baha! That's coming up next!! I think I'll head back there in Nov, maybe Feb, depends on what the trips look like!

Old 06-02-2012, 01:05 PM   #86
katt789
DIS Veteran

The Hoop de What?!

Tanessa and I headed out to the bus stop and Animal Kingdom and were quickly on a bus back to Caribbean Beach, we made the decision that since it was daytime, we should probably get off at Old Port Royal to explore the resort a bit in the light.

Apparently I was only inspired enough to take 1 picture! Ha! We wandered through and checked out the gift shop and the options for food for future references, and then just wandered through the resort, figuring out which way was home. The pool looked super awesome, and I was more than ready to use that hot tub later in the week (the question is did we ever actually return? Haha) After getting back to the room we found Tyler watching some TV and just relaxing, he had spent the day exploring the resort, having a few drinks (while making new friends at the bar, and friends with the bartenders…apparently they’re not used to people tipping very well, and being service industry people ourselves, we tip rather well) and then he napped in a hammock for “like 3 hours.” Now we had been off our feet for a while and Tyler had been resting all day we were ready to head out, we had a long journey to make! Tonight, our plans included the Hoop De Doo Revue!!

Knowing that we were far too cheap to cab over to Fort Wilderness, we hopped on the first theme park bus that came, (Epcot) and transferred for a FW bus once we were there. Once we got to FW we discovered that you DID have to take a bus back to where the Pioneer Hall was, and it was far too far to attempt to walk it. I was definitely getting nervous as we were running a little late, and I didn’t want to be *that* person. Tyler kept suggesting that we just take a golf cart, they’d never notice, right? Look, anyone could take them!

By the time we got back to Pioneer Hall, I will admit, I was getting a little cranky, it had been a while since eating, and when things don’t work out too well, I get a little off, especially since they directed me to 3 different places to pick up our tickets. Ugh. We stood in the line, got checked in, got our picture taken (which I JUST realized we have absolutely no copy off, it might be on Tanessa’s camera…fail), and then we decided to check out the resort a bit while we waited.

Tyler enjoyed a beer in a rocking chair while I thought about how much I would love to stay at Fort Wilderness. I absolutely love camping, and I love Disney, and I really loved the feel of the resort, it didn’t even have the feel of being in Orlando, I felt like I was in the middle of a forest, and loved it!! Within the next 10 minutes (I’m pretty sure it was even less than that) they opened the doors…although, the doors weren’t just opened, they “busted out”. We do a thing at work (dinner theatre in case you forgot) called “busting out” where right as we open the doors, the cast/servers all open the doors and “bust” out into the lobby to greet everyone and seat them. This was the beginning of a night where we would see similarities…

I had decided to pay for the main floor seating, it was a mere $5.00 more than the side area, and $10.00 more than the second balcony, so I mean, why not? Right? We were seated near the back middle of the main floor, and the bread was already out on the table for us to start with.

It was amazing, I absolutely LOVE cornbread, always have, always will, it’s just SO freaking amazing!! I love it, this bread, definitely did NOT fail. Our server was around in a matter of seconds to drop off a bucket of salad and grab our drink orders (a sangria for me, and a beer each for Tanessa & Tyler)

The salad was super good too!! Nice and crisp and fresh, I’ve also been a huge fan of red onion recently, so I was super happy that the red onion was in there as well. Throughout the pre-show time we honestly sat there comparing how things work at the Hood De Doo, versus Jubilations and how much quicker our night would go if we pre-sat the salads and could pump out the food that fast!!

I won’t lie, I loved the fact that my sangria came in a jar; everything about this place was just fantastic. The sangria was tasty, definitely not super “wine-y” like some are, but had that taste of a little sugar/juice in it that made it much tastier. Right before the official show started, our server clearly had “read” our table and figured that we were going to be the type that group for the night, and brought us out a jug of beer. Thank you!! We shouted at her as she disappeared and the show began. (One downside, we really had wanted some more cornbread, and she didn’t bring out an extra glass for me to have any beer, so I had to dump my ice out and use the same cup) And here are the first shots of the show!

After a bit of the show, a song starts, and they start bringing out the food (the servers that is) our waitress hilariously placed down a bucket of ribs on my plate, a bucket of chicken on Tanessa’s, and nothing on Tyler’s. Ha! There was also a bucket of mashed potatoes and corn nibblets!

There was my plate (I did take some corn too, don’t worry, some vegetables were eaten! Haha) Our verdict on the food: absolutely delicious! Tanessa & Tyler were ALL over the fried chicken, they said it was definitely some of the best they had ever had. I on the other hand was all over the ribs (and within a few minutes, we had already asked for more of the ribs). Overall the dinner was fantastic, for how much they must produce in a night, and how fast they have to get it out there, it was all hot, fresh, and delicious!! While we ate they still had some entertainment going on (I feel like this is when they celebrate all the birthdays and anniversaries & such) to keep everyone entertained.

You may notice a lot of the pictures taken from this point in have the man in the purple in them…let’s just say, he was noticed my Tanessa & I right off the bad, and was definitely easy on the eyes! :roftl:

I had completely forgotten that the napkin twirling was done on Disney property, and there’s this one guy at work, who will spend the entire time that we’re serving dinner talking to every single table saying that when he starts to spin the napkin, you spin the napkin, and that’s how he gets the entire room to do it. Needless to say, we were laughing pretty hard by the time that came around, and we were really enjoying ourselves. Some point through dinner, Tanessa & I decided we wanted the Tinkerbell cups with the flashy toy, (with sangria in them of course) and our waitress was all “Really? Really?” Tyler made a point of agreeing with her, but she brought them out anyway (and we were sure to tip her really well just on those, or at least, we hope it went to her, she was a fantastic server!)

Continued Next!

Last edited by katt789; 06-02-2012 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #87
katt789
DIS Veteran

The Hoop de Doo!!

As dinner finished and the lights went down (which, of course, happened very quickly) the show began again!

It was time for Strawberry Shortcake!!

It’s hard to remember to get pictures of food (much less good ones!) after that much beer & sangria! Ha! You can also kind of see Tanessa’s Tinkerbell cup in the background. I will admit, I wasn’t the biggest fan of the cake, I mean, it was good, and I thought I would be the one wolfing it down, but I ended up being done after a couple of bites.

At some point during the third “act” they started pulling people from the audience up onto the stage to be part of the show, and to interact with the audience even more, they had a bunch of washer boards handed out throughout the room for everyone to play on!

Tyler had to get in on the fun too!!

*Even More Fun to Come*

Last edited by katt789; 06-02-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #88
katt789
DIS Veteran

I'm Pretty Sure We Were at Jubilations

Our fun continued through the night with the ending of the show

Overall, the show was great, hilarious at points (the similarities to what we do!) and it was fun to be on the other side of things for once. The food was amazing, honestly, for how much they put out over the course of the night (and considering they do 3 shows per night) it was delicious. We paid $60.00 each, for all that food (which really, was unlimited) the show, and the booze/non-alcoholic drinks, the only they we had to pay for were the Tinkerbell cups! It was so so so so so worth it, I did think it was going to be longer, and kind of eat up our evening, but it was over right and quick (which made me make a lot more sense of the “unlimited” booze, you can’t get a whole lot into you in how short it is, with how quick the breaks are). Nonetheless, we did definitely have a buzz on while we left the Hoop De Doo (not enough to be offensive or rude or anything, sure, a bit loud, but hey, that’s allowed!)

On the way out, we stopped around a couple of the stalls and checked things out in terms of shopping, and Tanessa and I figured that right now would probably be the best time to buy stuff to start pin trading! (Was this the best idea? We’ll find out) we also each bought 1 “pack” of pins and split them up, one was little ones of the fab 5, and one was a pack of the “little kid” princes, (and of course a lanyard each). We also took the time to take some pictures, and made the decision to take the boat across the lagoon over to Magic Kingdom to get over to Downtown Disney for the rest of the night.

The boat ride was fantastic, we sat at the very back and just enjoyed it, and we also started making friends with the family that was sitting across from us (mainly the kids) that had been pulled up on stage for the end of the Hoop De Doo show. I also will let you guys know that around leaving Fort Wilderness, Tanessa and I started talking in British accents, and figured it would be a good idea to keep them on, and tell everyone we were from Newcastle…good times!

We arrived at Magic Kingdom shortly, said good bye to our new friends, and hopped on a bus for Downtown Disney, where we discussed what we wanted to do. Tyler wanted to head straight to House of Blues, while Tanessa and I wanted to do some shopping, so we did just that!

Tanessa and I stopped in TrenD, where I got another Ariel shirt (surprise…you guys will get to see it in the Magic Kingdom pictures) and Goofy’s Candy Co, where she got a rice krispie treat, and I got a fudge (which I ate all of then and there…talk about sangria influencing healthy eating HA) and we browsed through the rest of the Market Place and finally made it over to House of Blues.

We told the hostess we were meeting someone there, described him, and she sent us up to the bar, where Tyler was non existent….we looked through the restaurant and couldn’t find him, so figured he would be there in a bit, and grabbed a table. Now, let me tell you, as if we weren’t having enough fun, we had the greatest waiter ever…good service yeah, but man was he good looking! (We were seriously blessed with this on this trip). He reminded me of Boston Rob from Survivor, but I never found Boston Rob attractive, where as this guy, was, lol. Tanessa & I had one drink each and then decided that we were really getting tired, and Tyler wasn’t going to show, so we headed back to CBR. The bus ride wasn’t as enjoyable, there was a large group of LOUD and obnoxious teenagers, but we managed to actually sleep through it! HA! It had been a long day, once back at the resort, we went straight to bed!

Old 06-03-2012, 02:06 AM   #89
shan23877

Yay! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed the Hoop!! The food is really good there.

at the Purple Guy being your favorite. I had a fave at the Luau, and have lots of pictures of him to share.

I am so curious now how on earth you guys ended up at the Poly!

Looking forward to more!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:21 PM   #90
Merida
DIS Veteran

1. I LOVE the Primeval Whirl themeing. It's just so adorable and funny and there's so many hidden details. I like it better than Dinosaur, now that I think about it; I really liked Indiana Jones at DL, which I wasn't expecting because I don't like Dinosaur that much!

2. Whenever I read your TRs I get all excited to do a character/meet'n'greet heavy trip, but then it never happens! I probably should do some solo/other travelling companion trips (it would be hard to find someone more apathetic about character meets than my boyfriend...)

3. Your PP Pictures are adorable!

4. Cornbread is an A++ food and I really need to go to Hoop Dee Doo! Did it have corn in it? I like wine with a little juice in it too! I'm so not a wine connoisseur; I just really like grape juice and grape-juice-y wine.

5. I'm actually pretty excited for Fort Wilderness DVC - I, too, really like the area, but camping is totally out of the question and I can't justify renting a 6-person room for the two of us. I hope the DVC expansion has some of the studios!

6. I hope you liked pin trading! I think we're going to start our next trip - some of the pins are so cute! And my boyfriend likes chatting to people so it's win-win for us!

7. Sangria is totally healthy - it has fruit!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: