Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #16
katt789
DIS Veteran

April 3 Update

Hey team!

So I realized today that I haven't even gotten into our actual plans for day 1 yet, and I also have some more news relying to every day life.

Firstly, Tanessa's family is going down to the World the week before us, and one of their party members isn't able to go anymore. SO, Tanessa has 3 days of Park hopper tickets already paid for! She also got a ticket to Universal, so her and Tyler might pop over there sometime during the trip.

My issue with this: something you all know, once a trip is planned (especially with ADR'S already made) it's kinda hard to change. I'm thinking that I'll send them over to Universal on the last day of our trip and tell them to take a cab to the Grand Floridian for 4:00pm. That gives them the most of the day over at Universal, and we can finish up Magic Kingdom that evenin after dinner.

Problem: That leaves them out of re-doing anything on our last day. I've thought about changing the flights around and staying an extra day, which is totally cool. That way, we put Universal on the 28th and the park hopping on the 29th.

At this point, it all depends on cost, as I know it will be a lot, and Tyler doesn't really have funds for it. We'll see how it all works out.

18 Days to go!!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 04-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #17
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Wow, you've got so many trips this year. I just finished reading your solo trip to Disney Land when I got the link to this one. One word...LUCKY! I think that's great that you're able to go to Disney so often. Enjoy all your trips.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #18
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Hey team!

So I realized today that I haven't even gotten into our actual plans for day 1 yet, and I also have some more news relying to every day life.

Firstly, Tanessa's family is going down to the World the week before us, and one of their party members isn't able to go anymore. SO, Tanessa has 3 days of Park hopper tickets already paid for! She also got a ticket to Universal, so her and Tyler might pop over there sometime during the trip.

My issue with this: something you all know, once a trip is planned (especially with ADR'S already made) it's kinda hard to change. I'm thinking that I'll send them over to Universal on the last day of our trip and tell them to take a cab to the Grand Floridian for 4:00pm. That gives them the most of the day over at Universal, and we can finish up Magic Kingdom that evenin after dinner.

Problem: That leaves them out of re-doing anything on our last day. I've thought about changing the flights around and staying an extra day, which is totally cool. That way, we put Universal on the 28th and the park hopping on the 29th.

At this point, it all depends on cost, as I know it will be a lot, and Tyler doesn't really have funds for it. We'll see how it all works out.

18 Days to go!!!
Ugh, that's hard to decide!. I'd probably not add the extra day, just figure out some stuff that I would want to do on my own (mini golf? A tour? Maybe explore a new resort?) and let them head to Universal. And then have a back-up plan if they don't head over to Universal (which is totally possible, it may end up being easier to stay at Disney! Especially if everyone's tired, haha. And if Tyler doesn't buy a ticket ahead of time, no one's out any money!).
Old 04-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #19
katt789
DIS Veteran

Day #2 Plans!!

Yay! We've finally made it to plans of Day 2, which is actually our first full day! Yay!

Today: April 23/2012. We will be getting up bright & early this morning to get onto the bus for 7:30! I'm guessing we'll be eating a snack-y type breakfast, along with some caffiene in the room/on the way to the park. Which park will we be headed to? Well,

Thanks to extra magic hours being this morning, we'll be beating most of the crowds by arriving right at 8:00am and getting ready for the race over to Asia, as our first destination will be:

Where we'll most likely walk on the ride, walk on again and ask for the front, do that again (as there are 3 of us, and all of us will want to ride it infront) then we'll make the decision to go again! Or grab a fast pass for everest,

And head over to Africa to explore the wilderness and see some animals on the safari!

We'll grab a fp for it for later, and back through Asia we go! We'll be walking past our Yeti friend this time on our way over to Dinoland!

I would really like to ride the Primeval Whirl

This time around, as we've missed it every other time, and it seems like it might be a bit cool? Who knows! Haha, before we know it though, we'll be on a blast in the past!!

After our prehistoric adventure, we'll check what time we're at, use some of our fast passes, and meet some characters!!

Which Tyler will be this excited for:

Then, while we head over to Camp Minnie Mickey, it will be time for my ultimate FAVORITE part of the trip...Festival of the Lion King! EEEEEEEEE

*sigh* I might cry watching this...I nearly did when I was with Sylvia, simply because there's so much going on, it can be a bit overwhelming when you're watching it in person. GAH! So excited! I'll definitely be stopping to talk to a cm to hopefully pass on word to the bird dancer that she is the most incredible talent I've seen in forever!! Gah!!

Now that we've got pretty much everything done (seriously, I won't be wanting to see the Finding Nemo musical) we might grab a light lunch, and spend the rest of the day character hunting and use some fp for a couple more Everest rides, cause you can never get too many of those!!

By 3:45ish, probably a bit earlier, we'll be jumping on a bus to head over to Fort Wilderness!

I'm guessing (especially as I just said to my roomate "Holy, I'm typing up my PTR for Animal Kingdom, and there's practically nothing to do there!") that we'll probably head out of Animal Kingdom at 3:00 and be at FW by 4:00pm and have some time to relax and hang out before out next plan!

Hoop De Doo Revue!! I was looking at doing this for a while, and thought it looked like a fun night, I was hesitant on booking when I saw it was $60.00 per person at booking time, but was SOLD when I saw it had unlimited beer, sangria, and wine! DONE!

Also...corn bread...Tyler & I kinda have this thing with cornbread, and I just LOVE it so, so, so much. So, I had to do it. It may be a cheesy entertainment evening, but hey, we're all from dinner theatre, and that's what the beer's for, right?

Depending what time it is when we get out of there, we'll probably head over to DTD or Boardwalk to check out Jelly Rolls or House of Blues for the evening. My guess is that we won't be out too late as we'll have had a busy day, and have to be up early the next morning!!

Old 04-06-2012, 09:39 PM   #20
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Sounds like a great plan! Save us a seat at FotLK, and we'll save you a spot in line for some characters (of course I would never condone line jumping! )

I think that you'll be really pleasantly surprised at Hoop Dee Doo, we thought it was lots of fun, but you're right--beer helps.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #21
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Sounds like a great plan! Save us a seat at FotLK, and we'll save you a spot in line for some characters (of course I would never condone line jumping! )

I think that you'll be really pleasantly surprised at Hoop Dee Doo, we thought it was lots of fun, but you're right--beer helps.
Yay!!! Im sure we'll be seeing the first show of Fotlk, not sure what your plans are but we'll keep ya posted!! Soooooo excited!!

Old 04-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #22
katt789
DIS Veteran

Day #3 Plans!

Today: April 24th/2012 we will have another morning, although it won't be as early as the previous day. We'll start off with a piece of fruit/granola bar in the room to tide us over before jumping on the bus by 8:15am to head over to:

MAGIC KINGDOOOOOOMMMM IIIEEEEE My favorite park EVER! (okay....ever might be an overstatement lol)

We'll be there by 9am...as there is no way I'm missing the rope drop! That's for sure!!

My plan for this morning is to head down Main Street & grab some nice castle photopass pics on the way in;

Then head straight through the castle to submerse ourselves into the magic, and meet our first character of the day, the Fairy Godmother!

With that done, we'll check the FP return time for Peter Pan's Flight (or jump right in line for it if the wait's not too long) and then head STRAIGHT through to Frontierland! Where we'll probably be this excited:

As we hit up Splash Moutain, then duck through Adventureland and hit up whatever we've got time for (it will probably include The Magic Carpets & Jungle Cruise). Then, as it nears 9:30, I'll head over to Crystal Palace to check in!

I'll take this oppertune moment to send Tannessa & Tyler over to Space Mtn, as the line shouldn't be that bad, to quickly ride (if the wait is 15 min & under) or at least grab a Fast Pass for later. As I don't ride Space, this works out.

Hopefully they'll be back right away to head in for our reservation at 9:50am! We'll meet some characters (who are among Tanessa's & I's favorites-Eeyore & Tigger) and eat some DELCIOUS food! My goal of eating today: Pooh's Stuffed French Toast (or whatever it is) I have heard about this, but somehow missed it the other time. So, goal made! I'll probably also eat that much fruit! Lol

I'm guessing it'll take around an hour to eat, so we should be out of there by 11am, still early enough to beat some of the crowds, but not super early. My guess, we'll head back to Tomorrowland! (possibly some photopass pics on the way)

Will be next on our list, followed by another ride on Space for the other two. Depending on what we want to do, we might do the People Mover before heading into Fantasyland!

Some of the following will end up happening!

Along with the other rides, and of course, we'll take some time to meet some characters!!

On my list:
-Ariel
-Rapunzel
-Aladdin & Jasmine
-Princesses
-Well, let's face it, I want to meet all of them! If the line for Merdia isn't too bad we might jump in to see her too!

Conisdering that we have already had an evening of fun at MK, and if the crowds are too big, we might actually take a midday break today and head back to the resort for a little bit to relax here:

And here:

Before heading back for some dinner, some more rides, and of course, some Dreaming Along with Mickey, some parades, and some fireworks!!

After writing this up I feel like there isn't a whole lot for us to do...which is weird cause there's so much to do in Magic Kingdom. However, I know that we'll just go with the flow, ride rides over and over again, and maybe take that middday break (which will be a first for me) But I know Tyler really wants some hammock time, and if we have already done a bunch of the rides on our first night, now would be that time.

Also, I was updating another TR and noticed that our trip is only 1 WEEK AND 6 DAYS AWAY AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO EXCITED.

Old 04-11-2012, 03:00 PM   #23
katt789
DIS Veteran

Life Update!

Hey friends!!

So things have been kinda crazy this past week, and there's only a week and a bit left until our trip!! Eeee!! I'm doing my best to finish up the current TR's I have going before I leave for WDW again, I can definitely tell you the solo WDW one will be done, but the same is not looking for DLR (especially since I haven't touched on World Of Color yet!)

There's been a sickness going around work, and I managed to get it last week, and it hit hard, and thanks to the theatre side of work, I still had to work (and be involved in the show) for a couple of days, not fun! However it's now over & done with and I'll be taking care of myself before the trip hits, now I'm hoping that Tanessa doesn't catch it, cause that would really suck!

Anyways, the last week I was doing some shopping trying to get some Disney stuff done, and found the most adorable shoes!

Too bad they're about 10 sizes too small Some friends and I also planned an adventure day last week, and spent the afternoon at the zoo, and then watched some Toy Story. I got some pics of that too!

The Penguins were a brand new exhibit for us, and the line up was already half an hour long right at noon, my room mate went on the Saturday before us and said the line was up to 2 hours long! It was an awesome day to spend out in what little sunshine we have going on here!

On Monday we of course celebrated Easter, and I had such a little house-wife day. I came home from work on Sunday and cleaned up everything and cooked the lovely Easter feast the next day!

The night of Easter was filled with some Lion King, Disney Trivial pursuit, Disney Apples to Apples, and some adventuring on Chatroulette...crazyness overall.

With 1 week and 3 days left until we leave, I still have to pack, organize everything, exchange some money, and of course, call Visa. I tried to pay off half of the room ressie today, and it wouldn't accept my Visa card! Everything had seemed to be ok the previous day, and something with the Disney website was messed up too, so I'm hoping it isn't actually my card!!

Last edited by katt789; 04-12-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #24
Merida
DIS Veteran

Yay your trip is SO SOON! It looks like the crowds died down more than they were expecting after Easter, so I don't think it'll be so bad next week.

I'm incredibly jealous of your cartwheeling skills - I don't think I've ever managed to do a full one.

Your Easter dinner looks delicious - looove broccoli and cheese.

Feel better!
Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 AM   #25
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Ugh, that's hard to decide!. I'd probably not add the extra day, just figure out some stuff that I would want to do on my own (mini golf? A tour? Maybe explore a new resort?) and let them head to Universal. And then have a back-up plan if they don't head over to Universal (which is totally possible, it may end up being easier to stay at Disney! Especially if everyone's tired, haha. And if Tyler doesn't buy a ticket ahead of time, no one's out any money!).
Yeah, I'm thinking I'm just going to break it to Tanessa that I've searched over the schedule, but thanks to it being so jam packed, I just don't know if there's time, and Tyler doesn't have the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Yay your trip is SO SOON! It looks like the crowds died down more than they were expecting after Easter, so I don't think it'll be so bad next week.

I'm incredibly jealous of your cartwheeling skills - I don't think I've ever managed to do a full one.

Your Easter dinner looks delicious - looove broccoli and cheese.

Feel better!
Ieeeee!! So excited!! I've gotta start wrapping up my other TR's lol. That's exciting! I'm not sure what the crowds have been like at all, but the first week of May seems to always be awesome, so I'm ok with it!. Haha! That comes from many many years of gymnastics training!

Thanks! It was quite delicious! And I am feeling better now, there's still a little tickle in my throat, but we're all good!

Old 04-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #26
katt789
DIS Veteran

Plans for Day 4-> April 25th

Well, as we're coming down on the 8 days (not including today) until the trip, I figure I should update this more often!

Today, Wednesday April 25/2012 We might even start off a little later than usual, I'd say up by 8:00am today. It's day 3 of the trip, and we might be getting a little tired. I may use this morning if I can get up early, to roam around the resort and maybe even just pick up breakfast for the other two.

(Side note: I find that it is always SO annoying to wake up, get half ready (especially when you have the dining plan mugs) go down to the food court, eat, take your mug back to your room, then walk all the way back to the bus stop to get to the park.)

I plan to be on a bus by 8:45ish by the latest, as we should still arrive early as we are going to:

Disney's Hollywood Studios today!! Usually we have a different plan of attack on days like today, but I'm braving a new ride, so we will be taking place in the Toy Story Mania RACE!

Where we'll either jump right in line, or grab some fast passes for later (maybe both!?). Once that's done, we'll head down towards the other rides we wanna ride, and maybe, if the line's headed in, we can check out Voyage of the Little Mermaid on the way!

Then we'll be heading straight to our two big rides of the day (that I'm sure we will ride again & again & again!!)

And Tower of Terror!

SO EXCITED!! I'm pretty sure Rock N Rollercoaster is Tyler's favorite ride, and I have always been to chicken to ride it in the past, I also thought there was some issues with flashing lights (but that's just Space) so after some research to double check, I've decided that I'm going to ride it this trip, in honor of Tyler! Am I scared, oh heck yes! But I love Everest, so I know it'll be fantastic! *fingers crossed* I have yet to be on a coaster that goes upside down, but from what I've heard, you can't even tell, so I'll be ok!
Tower of Terror on the other hand, greatest ride in all the universe!! I love, love, love it, and am so excited to go on it again and again. Now Tyler, the big ride buff, yeah, he got a little scared last time (so I may be riding this solo if Tanessa doesn't like it) Here's a visual:

We're all doing totally fine, just riding the ride, and then there's Ty, holding on for DEAR LIFE, and using the bar on the front of the elevator car as it appears stronger (we're all down in the front left corner)

With that done, it will really be time to check out the times guides for some shows, as we'll want to check out everything really.

Some Car action

Some Indiana Jones stunting

And the stage version of one of my favorite movies (and favorite villians...*swoon*)

It'll probably be around lunch time now, and who knows, depending on what we're feeling like, we might swing down to BoardWalk for some lunch

But when we get back, it is time for some Star Wars FUN (which I will most likely sit out, perfect time for an ice cream treat!)

And of course, we'll play with our favorite Muppets!

And Wander the Streets of America

And right over at 4:50, we'll head into the Animation Building for some Character Palooza!!

And then really it'll be time to re-visit some of our favorite rides, and then head into the huge line for:

Fantasmic!

There appears to be a Fantasmic playing every night we're there, so hopefully the crowds won't be that bad the night we're there, it was one line that I didn't really enjoy waiting in, and then waiting another huge wait once we were seated. Ugh.

When the show's done, it we're super tired, we might just head home for a nap (and thanks to some other TR's, I know there are firepits around CBR, if those are still up & running) but if we're feeling rambuncios, we could head to Jelly Rolls for a bit first.

And that, is Day 4!

Old 04-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #27
katt789
DIS Veteran

Plans for Day 5->April 26

Hey friends! I figured that now that things seem to be working again, I should probably jump in and update a little bit! Especially because our trip is 5 DAYS AWAY (and that includes today!) Things have been a bit crazy at work, thanks to last week being closing week, but now we have some extra time off while the show changes over, so that's good! The downside is that my next paycheck has two extra "off" days plus it covers the week I'm in Disney, upside: I'll be in Disney! Yay!

And now, onto the plans for the next day! We're heading over to Epcot today!

This is another day that we really don't need to be getting going superbly early, especially now that Test Track is down (then again that probably be a reason to get there earlier, as everyone will be heading for Soarin)

On the way over to the Land Pavillion, we might stop to see some friends:

And then continue on to The Land to Soar over California!

I'll have to sit this one out, something about the combined factors of the 3 d screen, and the "soaring" momentum just makes me feel ill! I'll hang out outside the cue (and if it's open, maybe even get some strawberry shortcake while I wait? Hahah) We'll check out the rest of the Pavillion while we're there!

Then from dry land to the big blue!

I know there's some serious hate towards this ride, but it's so CUTE, I enjoy it, I really do haha! I definitely want to take time to stop and watch some Turtle Talk as well, I found it to actually be really funny, and I found it funnier than the Laugh Floor over at MK

With that next Pavillion down & done with, we'll cut across to explore our imaginations!

And probably NOT watch Captain EO...but maybe, just for old times sake!? Tyler will be super excited at this point, as he knows where we'll be heading next:

Where I will be getting before & after pictures of him, as he's going on the intense side, and last time he went twice in a row and then threw up, but we had all split up from each other at this point on that trip.

Once that's done, it will really just be us exploring the World Showcase

Since we'll be on the left side of the park already, and we've got until 2:30 to get 3/4 of the way around the showcase, we'll start in Mexico! We have a plan to attempt to drink around the world (and that really only being one every country or so) especially for me, as I'm not really a beer drinker, there will only be some places that I stop. I also know that if we want to do that, we need to be taking the trip around the showcase really slowly, and not rushing through the pavillions.

When we hit France, (or at 2:30 and we'll back track) we have some special lunch dates!

At Chefs de France!! I was debating between here & Via Napoli, but after checking out the menus, I decided that lunch in France would be a better idea!

And here is where I get stuck on what to eat! There's so many choices! Who knows, maybe I'll just order some appitizers to eat! I would like to try the French onion soup, and honestly, I'd like to *try* the escargots, which might be something we all split? And THEN there's a cheese plate! AH! For the meal I might do the crepe florentine, maybe the salmon, maybe the roasted chicken?

If anyone has any thoughts on what to get, definitely let me know! When lunch is over with, well, we'll be over in France anyway, so we will be getting some presents!

GRAND MARNIER SLUSHIES...this is reason 2 I won't be drinking around the World, I could drink these ALL DAY! SDSASNGJFK so goooood. I might try the grey goose lemon one this time too, who knows?!

After exploring the rest of the world, we'll take our time, maybe visit some things that we missed on the way in, or ride some rides again. I'm guessing thanks to lunch, our dinner will be small, and we can just grab a spot for Illuminations!

Gawd, writing up pre-trip reports makes it seem like there's not a whole lot to do on some days, but I know that's a lie, there's so much to do and explore in Epcot! I definitely forgot to add that we will be meeting as many characters as we can, especially as Epcot has some characters you can't meet anywhere else, or in different costumes. I also really want to spend time exploring the pavillions, last year we kinda stopped going in to them as we started the hunt for food, there's so much to look at explore and take pictures with! I also kind of want to try pick a pearl...who knows?!

And that, concludes our Epcot day!

Old 04-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #28
shan23877

I had heard the test track rumors too, but I've been checking the app on my phone daily, and according to that it's still running. Disney's site says that it'll be down June 1 for refurb. My fingers are crossed because it's Maddie's favorite ride.

Ah, how life changes... You'll be drinking around the world-we'll be searching for princesses around the world.
Old 04-17-2012, 01:16 PM   #29
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I had heard the test track rumors too, but I've been checking the app on my phone daily, and according to that it's still running. Disney's site says that it'll be down June 1 for refurb. My fingers are crossed because it's Maddie's favorite ride.

Ah, how life changes... You'll be drinking around the world-we'll be searching for princesses around the world.
The app that I have on my phone says its closed today. I'm pretty sure it was sometime in April that the refurb started. It sucks as it's really the only actual ride I'll go on at Epcot, but hey, it just means they're making it better!

Haha! Oh I'll still be searching for princesses! You can count on that!

Old 04-17-2012, 01:22 PM   #30
shan23877

yup, you're right. Just checked again. That sucks! Maddie will be so disappointed!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: