Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 11:46 PM   #211
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,313

Great update! I'm really leaning toward Chefs De France for next trip. Mommy would get yummy French food and waiters, and Maddie would get Remy! Perfect!

Sounds like a fun afternoon-Maddie and I would have jumped back to MK too.
shan23877 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #212
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 5,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I can't wait to hear about all of your new interactions from the trip you just got back from! My character interactions are so boring, which is hysterical because I'm so crazy! You'd think they'd be more fun.....

Mmmm.....beer. I love beer. LOL.

I have such a hard time making it out of Karamel Kuche with nothing in hand. It's just soooo good. But I have a massive sweet tooth. Hence the reason that I still need to lose like 50 more pounds.....

Thank you means Merci?! Hahahaha. That is the most ridiculously stupid commercial tagline I've ever heard.

WS always has the cutest guys. I could spend hours just walking around looking for cuties.

That's a magic shot I've never seen before! That's awesome!

I do love Voices of Liberty, but I also love the American Adventure. I don't know why. I'm just a sappy dork I guess.

Oh, slushies. I'm partial to the GG one, but seriously I'd take any of them. LOL.

I love escargot! I don't know if they make it the same way in Chefs de France, but in the Bistro upstairs it's made in a parsley butter sauce, and it's the most amazing thing I've ever tasted in my life.

Remy! So adorable.

Croque Monsieur is one of my favorite things ever when visiting abroad. It's sooooo good. But Croque Madame is even better, and seriously impossible to get in the US.
AHAHAHAHA Since you're on facebook you've heard some tidbits here and there about characters & junk, but OH MY GOODNESS. I am seriously dying still about some of the stuff that happened. Paige & I's last day could not have been better!

That beer was great...yum...

Haha, yeah, Disney tends to wreck havoc on any kind of nutrition/fitness for me! I was doing okay the first half of the trip, but once the quick service dining plan hits, it's like "oh, I get fries and cake with this.....awesome! om nom nom nom nom" Haha

I seriously need to start playing the "find the cute cm's" game....and be all "we're taking pictures with as many cm's as we can...." ahahaha

Lunch was seriously great! A little too much cheese for me, but I make sure to keep the intake down haha, I loved Remy, he was so cute!!
__________________
In Progress Trip Reports
May 2014 (24 hr day)//Villains Unleashed!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-24-2012, 02:04 PM   #213
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 5,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Great update! I'm really leaning toward Chefs De France for next trip. Mommy would get yummy French food and waiters, and Maddie would get Remy! Perfect!

Sounds like a fun afternoon-Maddie and I would have jumped back to MK too.
Do it!! It was great, and yeah, there's the best of both worlds! I think for my next trip I'm going to try and eat places I haven't eaten before! It'll be kinda hard without the dining plan, but we'll see what we can do haha. You guys have any idea when your next trip is? Hopefully I'll be hanging out with some Princesses by then! Hhaha

I find that Epcot really is the park that doesn't take that long at all, it's a lot of exploring and it's cool and all, but I get bored! Hhaha, I have a need for some rides, or my castle, or something!
__________________
In Progress Trip Reports
May 2014 (24 hr day)//Villains Unleashed!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 01:39 PM   #214
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 5,594

Sept Trip Summary & a Huge Thank You!

Alright, so I just wanted to jump in here and say hello to everyone, and say that I'm back, home, and missing Disney already haha! Our trip was absolutely amazing, there was so much awesomeness, pixie dust, a little bit of "backstage" magic, and of course, some amazing character meet & greets (including a conversation that may or may not have had a slip of out of character )

We battled some crazy rain a few days, but nothing a poncho or two couldn't handle, sunshine and daisy's the rest of the trip! Ha! There was definitely some amazingly delicious food that we ate, and the resorts were absolutely gorgeous, absolutely in love with this. I have to say, this was one of the most magical trips I've had yet, the two weeks helped, and Paige definitely helped. Let me tell you, that is one girl who understands Disney magic, and feels it right down t the heart.

I'm also posting this to say a HUGE thank you to everyone following along in all and every one of my trip reports. I had a large amount of people approach me in the parks and say they knew me from the disboards, and people that knew my trip reports. So, even if you're a lurker out there, well, number one; come say hi!! I promise I don't bite! Haha!! And number two, even if you're not commenting and just lurking out there, I do appreciate you and thank you for reading along!!
__________________
In Progress Trip Reports
May 2014 (24 hr day)//Villains Unleashed!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:58 PM   #215
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 5,594

Magical Dreams of Reflections of Earth

It was time for us to travel on my favorite mode of transportation, the MONORAAAAIIILLL. Seriously, words cannot express how much I love it, and each time I do manage to ride it on a Disney trip, I am very, very happy. I found a monorail Iphone case last week online and will definitely be ordering it! Yay! Since our plan at MK was literally to ride Splash and see our Princes, we headed over towards Adventureland first to see Tanessa’s! However when we got over to Agrabah, the friends of Jasmine & Aladdin were both different! Boo. Oh well, we still had one more day that we could explore Magic Kingdom, maybe then! Since we were headed that way, we grabbed a fast pass for Splash Mountain (it was a hot day, there was no way we were waiting in that line!) and then headed back through Frontierland to check on Tiana & Naveen. Now, what is the greatest thing to do on a hot day in Disney World when you’re waiting on the fast pass for Splash to open up….get a Mickey Bar!!



Yum! It’s not a trip to Disney unless at least 1 of these is eaten! I love that you get the refreshing-ness of ice cream, together with the delicious-ness that is chocolate, plus, I mean, it’s Mickey! Lol.

Tiana & Naveen weren’t out when we got over to the little gazebo, so we plopped ourselves down on the little wall to eat our snacks. And here comes the sad, heartbreaking moment of the trip…not even halfway through eating my Mickey Bar, it broke, and crashed into the ground… Super sad….but absolutely hilarious at the time, I know Tanessa and I had quite the laugh about it.

Not long after that, Tiana & Naveen came out, and as you might know, they circle past that little wall to come in the exit to get to their meet & greet, since we were sitting there, they both waved and smiled and said hello to us. Now, I went “I know him…” Tanny: “but it’s not coco-puff”…..it took us a minute to realized, and when we did it was one of those huge “GASP!!” moments followed by another huge laughing fit. The friend of Naveen’s that was out and about today, was the same friend of Aladdin that we had met the day before, Tanessa’s boyfriend. LAWL. Super lawl. It was a good moment. We didn’t end up getting in line for them, and continued on our adventure.

I clearly did not take a lot of photos here, I guess I was done for the day, haha! I was just busy taking it all in, and soaking up the environment than anything else. Dream Along With Mickey was just beginning when we reached the hub so we stopped to watch it. This is another spot of Disney employment that I would absolutely love to have! I plan on auditioning for it next year when the auditions pop up, so we’ll see, but I need to really amp up the dancing to make it through the audition itself.

Okay, tangent coming; it drives me insane that in vocal auditions, you go in, and sing a song that you will probably be singing in the show that you’re going for. You do exactly what you’ll be doing. Acting, similar, you go in with a monologue, reading lines, what you’ll be doing. In a dance audition, you go in, learn a combination in a matter of 10 minutes, review it, and then dance it. It consists of high kicks, complicated combinations, high jumps, and triple pirouettes. The job you’re auditioning for has you doing grapevines & box steps and single pirouettes…..WHAT IS THAT?! #rantover.

ANYWAY, point of that being, I was watching the show and was thinking about how I could totally do that…if only I could make it through the audition…ugh…dancer problems…

When the show finished and we were all assured that our dreams could and would come true, as long as we worked (again, no pictures, I was simply watching it this time around) we headed over into Fantasyland for something we knew wouldn’t have much of a wait, Phillharmagic! Love it, as always, the smell of strawberries in Be Our Guest scene is just so incredible! Love, love, love!! After a brief stop for a diet coke for Tanessa, it was time to use our Splash fast passes!!



Nothing greater than getting a little (or a lot) wet on a hot day in the Magic Kingdom! With at least one of our MK goals of the day done, we jumped back on the monorail and headed back towards Epcot for our evening. And of course, I don’t let a picture of the Wedding Pavilion skip past me every! Lol.



We started in WS the way we did that morning and circled through to do some shopping on our way to pick a spot for Illuminations later. I know Tanessa bought a purse in Mexico, and a beer stein in Germany for her dad (and possibly a shirt?) We both stopped in Italy and got the perfumes we had been looking at.

Tyler had said he would meet us in the UK if he was coming back for Illuminations, so I headed over there while Tanessa stopped for something else along the way, but he was a no show. In here we ate dinner, and I’m really a horrible dis-er right now, I have no pictures, or ideas on what we ate. Since we were in UK and I remember being distracted and forgetting to get the drink I wanted at Rose & Crown I’m going to say we had fish & chips. Thankfully, drink wise that is, we passed France, and I of course, stopped for a slush, and this was the time she gave me the lemon by accident, but that was fine.



We snagged a pretty decent spot for the show right in the France/America/ region, somewhere in there and waited!



































And that’s all folks! I seriously think I had psyched myself up a lot of the show, it had been a while since I’d seen it, and I feel like I expected more. Maybe I was just still thriving off World Of Color? Very possibly, but I just simply wasn’t as impressed as I thought I was going to be. It was still awesome though!! Tanessa and I again, lingered our way out of the park slowly, and when we did make it back to a bus, there was a very large obnoxious group of high schoolers on it who proceeded to yell and chant the entire way home. Ugh. We got home and fell into bed pretty quickly after that!


__________________
In Progress Trip Reports
May 2014 (24 hr day)//Villains Unleashed!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:33 PM   #216
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,212

The monorail is hands down the best form of transportation out there. I wish I had a monorail in my hometown.

Truth, one Mickey bar must be eaten for every trip. Any less than that is sacrilege.

Man down! We have a Mickey bar man down!

Hahaha, your dance rant is so right! I was a dance major in my past college life (and then I got fat.....just kidding, I went a different direction THEN got fat), and I know exactly what you're talking about. They push you to this level I think just to see what you'll do. Even though it's not even going to matter in the end. Rusty as I am, even I could do Dream Along with Mickey.

I love Illuminations, but I do think that after you've seen some other shows, you do get that moment of "that's it?"

Grrr, obnoxious teenagers. I constantly ask myself "dear god, tell me I wasn't like that?!"
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #217
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,313

UGGHHHH. I have an obnoxious teenager story from that trip too. It wasn't even the cheerleaders if you can believe it.

You girls were busy bees that day!

I like Illuminations, but it's not a must do for us. In fact, we've only seen it once in the last two trips, and that was from a bad spot! I just love Wishes.
shan23877 is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #218
jane2073
DIS Veteran
 
jane2073's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789
It was time for us to travel on my favorite mode of transportation, the MONORAAAAIIILLL. Seriously, words cannot express how much I love it, and each time I do manage to ride it on a Disney trip, I am very, very happy. I found a monorail Iphone case last week online and will definitely be ordering it! Yay! Since our plan at MK was literally to ride Splash and see our Princes, we headed over towards Adventureland first to see Tanessa’s! However when we got over to Agrabah, the friends of Jasmine & Aladdin were both different! Boo. Oh well, we still had one more day that we could explore Magic Kingdom, maybe then! Since we were headed that way, we grabbed a fast pass for Splash Mountain (it was a hot day, there was no way we were waiting in that line!) and then headed back through Frontierland to check on Tiana & Naveen. Now, what is the greatest thing to do on a hot day in Disney World when you’re waiting on the fast pass for Splash to open up….get a Mickey Bar!!

Yum! It’s not a trip to Disney unless at least 1 of these is eaten! I love that you get the refreshing-ness of ice cream, together with the delicious-ness that is chocolate, plus, I mean, it’s Mickey! Lol.

Tiana & Naveen weren’t out when we got over to the little gazebo, so we plopped ourselves down on the little wall to eat our snacks. And here comes the sad, heartbreaking moment of the trip…not even halfway through eating my Mickey Bar, it broke, and crashed into the ground… Super sad….but absolutely hilarious at the time, I know Tanessa and I had quite the laugh about it.

Not long after that, Tiana & Naveen came out, and as you might know, they circle past that little wall to come in the exit to get to their meet & greet, since we were sitting there, they both waved and smiled and said hello to us. Now, I went “I know him…” Tanny: “but it’s not coco-puff”…..it took us a minute to realized, and when we did it was one of those huge “GASP!!” moments followed by another huge laughing fit. The friend of Naveen’s that was out and about today, was the same friend of Aladdin that we had met the day before, Tanessa’s boyfriend. LAWL. Super lawl. It was a good moment. We didn’t end up getting in line for them, and continued on our adventure.

I clearly did not take a lot of photos here, I guess I was done for the day, haha! I was just busy taking it all in, and soaking up the environment than anything else. Dream Along With Mickey was just beginning when we reached the hub so we stopped to watch it. This is another spot of Disney employment that I would absolutely love to have! I plan on auditioning for it next year when the auditions pop up, so we’ll see, but I need to really amp up the dancing to make it through the audition itself.

Okay, tangent coming; it drives me insane that in vocal auditions, you go in, and sing a song that you will probably be singing in the show that you’re going for. You do exactly what you’ll be doing. Acting, similar, you go in with a monologue, reading lines, what you’ll be doing. In a dance audition, you go in, learn a combination in a matter of 10 minutes, review it, and then dance it. It consists of high kicks, complicated combinations, high jumps, and triple pirouettes. The job you’re auditioning for has you doing grapevines & box steps and single pirouettes…..WHAT IS THAT?! #rantover.

ANYWAY, point of that being, I was watching the show and was thinking about how I could totally do that…if only I could make it through the audition…ugh…dancer problems…

When the show finished and we were all assured that our dreams could and would come true, as long as we worked (again, no pictures, I was simply watching it this time around) we headed over into Fantasyland for something we knew wouldn’t have much of a wait, Phillharmagic! Love it, as always, the smell of strawberries in Be Our Guest scene is just so incredible! Love, love, love!! After a brief stop for a diet coke for Tanessa, it was time to use our Splash fast passes!!

Nothing greater than getting a little (or a lot) wet on a hot day in the Magic Kingdom! With at least one of our MK goals of the day done, we jumped back on the monorail and headed back towards Epcot for our evening. And of course, I don’t let a picture of the Wedding Pavilion skip past me every! Lol.

We started in WS the way we did that morning and circled through to do some shopping on our way to pick a spot for Illuminations later. I know Tanessa bought a purse in Mexico, and a beer stein in Germany for her dad (and possibly a shirt?) We both stopped in Italy and got the perfumes we had been looking at.

Tyler had said he would meet us in the UK if he was coming back for Illuminations, so I headed over there while Tanessa stopped for something else along the way, but he was a no show. In here we ate dinner, and I’m really a horrible dis-er right now, I have no pictures, or ideas on what we ate. Since we were in UK and I remember being distracted and forgetting to get the drink I wanted at Rose & Crown I’m going to say we had fish & chips. Thankfully, drink wise that is, we passed France, and I of course, stopped for a slush, and this was the time she gave me the lemon by accident, but that was fine.

We snagged a pretty decent spot for the show right in the France/America/ region, somewhere in there and waited!

And that’s all folks! I seriously think I had psyched myself up a lot of the show, it had been a while since I’d seen it, and I feel like I expected more. Maybe I was just still thriving off World Of Color? Very possibly, but I just simply wasn’t as impressed as I thought I was going to be. It was still awesome though!! Tanessa and I again, lingered our way out of the park slowly, and when we did make it back to a bus, there was a very large obnoxious group of high schoolers on it who proceeded to yell and chant the entire way home. Ugh. We got home and fell into bed pretty quickly after that!
I totally get your frustration about the dance audition process. It almost doesn't seem fair.
I was watching the Jungle Jamming' parade once and there was this one girl who looked like she was about to pass out from all the dancing (and heat). And I don't think there is a lot of dancing in that parade. I wonder how she made it past the audition process??
jane2073 is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #219
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 5,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
The monorail is hands down the best form of transportation out there. I wish I had a monorail in my hometown.

Truth, one Mickey bar must be eaten for every trip. Any less than that is sacrilege.

Man down! We have a Mickey bar man down!

Hahaha, your dance rant is so right! I was a dance major in my past college life (and then I got fat.....just kidding, I went a different direction THEN got fat), and I know exactly what you're talking about. They push you to this level I think just to see what you'll do. Even though it's not even going to matter in the end. Rusty as I am, even I could do Dream Along with Mickey.

I love Illuminations, but I do think that after you've seen some other shows, you do get that moment of "that's it?"

Grrr, obnoxious teenagers. I constantly ask myself "dear god, tell me I wasn't like that?!"
I seriously wish the monorail would expand! Even if it was just to get to all the parks, it would make park hopping so much easier! Ha

I totally didn't eat a Mickey bar in Sept....and I was there for 2 weeks...fail....to be fair I was trying not to eat sweets, and I did have a dole whip and a chocolate covered banana....

ah! the more I find out about you, the more I think that we should definitely meet! Hopefully things work out for my nov trip! Eeek! Ugh, Seriously, I get it, and I don't get it. It's like, I'm sure that the tumble monkeys have to do a bunch of tumbling passes in their audition, yet they only ever have to do some tucks on the trampoline, and one back handspring. I understand it's so that everyone can keep up, and it looks good. I mean, if you've got a bunch of level 4 dancers doing level 1 choreo, it's going to look great, versus level 1 dancers doing it. I dunno, but, that's what I'm working towards.

At least with the BaTB show there's a BUNCH of intense ballet stuff at points, although, I did see a lot of dancers who couldn't quite keep up on this past trip, oh well.

Oh my god, every time there's some obnoxious or ridiculous or something group of kids I'm always "god I hope I wasn't that bad" I also totally turned to Paige on our trip and went "I really hope my kids don't turn out like that....or nerds...." and then quoted "you can't join mathletes! it's social suicide!" Ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
I totally get your frustration about the dance audition process. It almost doesn't seem fair.
I was watching the Jungle Jamming' parade once and there was this one girl who looked like she was about to pass out from all the dancing (and heat). And I don't think there is a lot of dancing in that parade. I wonder how she made it past the audition process??
To be fair, the parade auditions are a lot less intense, it's like, 4 walks, a jazz square, 4 skips, and 2 push turns, reeeeally easy stuff. I'm sure it gets more intense later, so they can pick people out for stuff like "Disney channel rocks" and the "fotlk" groups, as that choreo's a little bit harder. I dunno.
__________________
In Progress Trip Reports
May 2014 (24 hr day)//Villains Unleashed!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #220
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 5,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
UGGHHHH. I have an obnoxious teenager story from that trip too. It wasn't even the cheerleaders if you can believe it.

You girls were busy bees that day!

I like Illuminations, but it's not a must do for us. In fact, we've only seen it once in the last two trips, and that was from a bad spot! I just love Wishes.
Baha I believe it, like cheerleaders can be loud and cheer-ey and annoying, but so can band kids...and high schoolers in general haha. or just regular vacationers. I definitely noticed on the last trip that a lot of kids we ran into did NOT have any manners, if they shoved into you, they wouldn't say sorry, one kid even smacked paige in the shoulder with one of those giant pixie sticks and only apologized when Paige said something about it, and she laughed through the apology. I seriously don't get it, maybe it's because we're Canadian? Haha, half the time we'll say sorry if someone's ran into us!

It was a busy day! But we were busier the next haha!

I definitely agree, I've skipped it a couple of trips, and I definitely like Wishes more, and Fantasmic haha. I dunno, there's just not a whole lot in Illuminations that draws me in!
__________________
In Progress Trip Reports
May 2014 (24 hr day)//Villains Unleashed!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 09-28-2012, 09:26 PM   #221
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,212

I definitely do hope it can work out in November and we can meet up with each other. That would be tons of fun.

Nice Mathlete quote. LOL. "Fetch is never going to happen!"
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 09-29-2012, 11:54 AM   #222
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 5,594

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I definitely do hope it can work out in November and we can meet up with each other. That would be tons of fun.

Nice Mathlete quote. LOL. "Fetch is never going to happen!"
Yes yes!!

Baha! Uhm...it's Friday..you're wearing sweatpants....

I'm pretty sure Mean Girls get's quoted in my daily life...
__________________
In Progress Trip Reports
May 2014 (24 hr day)//Villains Unleashed!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #223
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 5,594

The School Groups Take Over


Just wanted to jump in here and say: I've already started writing the TR for my Sept trip, and was just waiting until the photopass cd got in to start really writing and posting updates, and that came in today!! SO, I'm going to start wrapping up this TR and then start the new one! Yay!!

***************************


It was our last full day of Disney, and pretty much our last day, suuuuper sad sad sad sad sad!! I hate the last day, I mean, you’re still having a blast and doing exciting fun things, but there’s that looming cloud of “we’re leaving tomorrow” over your head all day! We were up by 8:00 am today, and out to the bus stop at 8:45. We had big plans today, and had to start at least relatively early!

We arrived right at Animal Kingdom for our first stop of the day at 9:05 am, there was definitely a lot of huuuge groups around, high schoolers, bands, grad trips, cheerleaders, etc. Just a whole lot of them! On the way in we stopped for some photo pass pictures, and hilariously enough, the photographer had Tanessa and I kissing Tyler’s cheeks! Lol, he’s a brother to both of us, lol.





Tanessa, Tyler and I headed straight over to Asia to tackle Expedition Everest one more time! We rode standby three times in a row, and definitely only waited around 10 minutes maximum each time! Yay for early mornings! (and we didn’t even do rope drop today)











Once we were done traveling through Asia and fighting off yetis, we headed back towards Africa, the safari wasn’t really important to us, but Festival of the Lion King, of course that was! Tyler wanted to have a quick smoke, so he headed there, and Tanessa and I headed into Camp Minnie Mickey. We ended up not being able to find him anywhere around, and after waiting around, we headed into the theatre, figuring we’d find him later, or he would just end up going back to the hotel without us anyway! Ha! And with that super short update, I’m going to have to leave you, as I, once again, have too many pictures of the show! Lawl.

__________________
In Progress Trip Reports
May 2014 (24 hr day)//Villains Unleashed!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #224
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 5,594

ALL of the feels

Now, it’s time for some Festival of the Lion King!













































This time it was a different singer that sang Circle of Life, and seriously, it was way better. Not just the singer, but the entire thing, seriously!! It probably helped that it was the very first show of the day, and they may have had a little more energy than the previous time we had seen the show, but it was waaaaaaaaaay better, and just absolutely amazing. It also may have helped that we were in the Lion section with “good looking” haha Seriously, Tanessa and I were both nearly in tears near the end, I’m pretty sure the next time I watch the show I will cry. Ugh. I love it so much. I need to be in it one of these days!

When the show ended, we headed out of the theatre, and found Tyler standing where we expected to find him earlier, he had occupied himself fine, and didn’t mind that he had missed the show. Now, we were done with Animal Kingdom! On the way out, I stopped in one of the shops and bought a new Iphone case (I had one of the counter service food receipts that gets you a certain percentage off merchandise before noon, bonus!) and we headed out of Animal Kingdom!
__________________
In Progress Trip Reports
May 2014 (24 hr day)//Villains Unleashed!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #225
shan23877
I make lists about my lists
 
shan23877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,313

Glad you got in another FOLK showing for that trip! Cute photopass pics too
shan23877 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: