Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #181
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats
 
Aussiesalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 529

Yeah I love the Disney stuff that is a bit more subtle.
I mean the in-your-face stuff is great for the parks, but it's nice to have something you will actually wear at home without looking too insane!

Your plans look great! Such a nice long trip

Four days until you go!!!
eeeeeeeeeeek! Have you got everything ready to go?
Aussiesalad is offline  
Old 09-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #182
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,738

All right my dear, I'm back and getting caught up on everyone's TRs now.

Okay.....that Aurora just looks.........a little off. Can't put my finger on it. I get what you mean.

Ugh, rude parade people. They're honestly everywhere, aren't they?

That's awesome that you finally saw Tinkerbell fly! One of the best parts of the show I think. I love hearing the kid's reactions.

Girl, I tear up every time I watch Wishes. I sometimes even tear up when I listen to it on my iPod.....

Beautiful shots of your walk around CBR. It is a pretty resort.

There is nothing wrong with an Uncrustable breakfast. You are allowed to eat anything you want in Disney.

I'm a speed walker and a crowd zipper too. Comes from six years of working at a Six Flags. You have got to learn to get around people when you work at an amusement park.

I totally have that shirt Tanessa is wearing! And oddly enough, I have a picture of me, wearing it in Hollywood Studios, in the same photopass picture.....

Yup, Red Velvet cupcake is on my November food list.

I never wanted to be Belle, I ALWAYS wanted to be one of the silly girls!

That's hysterical! Phineas and Ferb in line at ToT? Priceless.

Ursula is a little creepy, you are right. Especially in VOTLM.

Tyler asking to take your cornbread? I have not met you, but even I know that's risky business.

Mini DISmeet's are great! I have not met someone by accident before though.

Love the dress you're wearing at Epcot!

I don't mind the current version of Imagination, I just really miss the original.

Oh, that fruit and cheese platter looks really good. I may have to get that....

You are absolutely correct, wordly adventures are always better with tequila....

So jealous that you're leaving in four days! I still have 76 days to go.
IheartDDuck is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #183
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Yeah I love the Disney stuff that is a bit more subtle.
I mean the in-your-face stuff is great for the parks, but it's nice to have something you will actually wear at home without looking too insane!

Your plans look great! Such a nice long trip

Four days until you go!!!
eeeeeeeeeeek! Have you got everything ready to go?
Yeah! I definitely have a bunch of shirts from TrenD that I wear all the time, BUT then there's my "Walt Disney World" one with Mickey on it, and my ToT one that I like, never wear haha.

Thanks!! It's gonna be a KILLER, I'm going to be SO exhausted by the time I get home, Imma need another vacation ahah!! What do your plans look like?

AAAAHH I AM DYYYYYIIINNNGGG. I've seriously re-watched every disney movie I own (minus Lady & The Tramp as the dvd won't work ) Ive got everything but the last minute packing done, and I just need to put straps on my shoes for Periwinkle and I should be done! Haha. It's going to be the longest weekend of my life as I wait for it all!!!

How long does the flight take for you to get over to Orlando?? It can't be short haha, is it flying from Aus to North American that you lose the day and a half? I can't remember, it was forever ago I was there haha!!
__________________
In Progress Trip ReportsDec 2013//
May 2014 (24 hr day)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 09-06-2012, 06:42 PM   #184
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats
 
Aussiesalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 529

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post


Yeah! I definitely have a bunch of shirts from TrenD that I wear all the time, BUT then there's my "Walt Disney World" one with Mickey on it, and my ToT one that I like, never wear haha.

Thanks!! It's gonna be a KILLER, I'm going to be SO exhausted by the time I get home, Imma need another vacation ahah!! What do your plans look like?

AAAAHH I AM DYYYYYIIINNNGGG. I've seriously re-watched every disney movie I own (minus Lady & The Tramp as the dvd won't work ) Ive got everything but the last minute packing done, and I just need to put straps on my shoes for Periwinkle and I should be done! Haha. It's going to be the longest weekend of my life as I wait for it all!!!

How long does the flight take for you to get over to Orlando?? It can't be short haha, is it flying from Aus to North American that you lose the day and a half? I can't remember, it was forever ago I was there haha!!
I know! You definitely need a 'just for WDW' collection! I just bought a bright blue tank with a big mickey head on it for my trip... pretty sure i'll only wear it
there haha

Haha I know! It's always such a full-on holiday! But sooo goood!!!
Mine are still in the making, which is CRAZY because I love planning but I just got a promotion recently and work is eating my life. This week alone I have 4 massive gigs, 8 rehearsals and CD recording that 500 kids need to be on. Eek!
What I know so far is
Thurs 20 Arrive at night, eat, sleep
21 Full day solo of exploring with tons of shopping with dinner at WPE
22 Hiring car and driving down to Busch Gardens to meet my friend Darcy
23 Magic Kingdom
24 Epcot- mexican nachos and margaritas are on the books
25 Hollywood Studios- Sci Fi for lunch
26 Universal and IOA
27 Animal Kingdom- Boma breakfast
28 Magic Kingdom round two
29 Leave for San Fran for a day or two there

Might get hoppers and mix it up? Still undecided

Ahhh I love watching all the Disney movies before I go!!
That is so sad about lady and the tramp! I love watching the 'Disney Parks'
series too, gets me so hyped for all the rides!

The flight there is fine because you actually gain time?... well almost
So I leave here at 4pm Thursday and get to San Fran at 11am Thursday, then my next flight from SF gets into Orlando around 10pm.
So its 6 hours in time, but 20ish hours flying or something like that.
Unfortunately on the way home, you lose a whole day and a half.
How long is your flight??
Aussiesalad is offline  
Old 09-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #185
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
All right my dear, I'm back and getting caught up on everyone's TRs now.

Yay! I hope your trip was awesome! I'll be sure to pop myself over to your TR to check on it in a bit!!

Okay.....that Aurora just looks.........a little off. Can't put my finger on it. I get what you mean.

I know right? Honestly, some of their choices I just don't understand, but hey, they're the people that know what they're doing

Ugh, rude parade people. They're honestly everywhere, aren't they?

It annoys me so much! Especially since I've now been in Sept, and haven't really had to deal with crowds, let me tell ya! haha

That's awesome that you finally saw Tinkerbell fly! One of the best parts of the show I think. I love hearing the kid's reactions.

It was totally awesome!!! I'd seen her fly in DLR, but never at WDW, and I think it might have been that I was never really watching for it, but I was happy I caught it!

Girl, I tear up every time I watch Wishes. I sometimes even tear up when I listen to it on my iPod.....
I cry Disney all the time, and more so at home watching videos, I have yet to cry in the parks, but Paige (who I'm going with next week) said she's been watching videos an crying, so there's a HIGH chance we'll just be walking down Main St crying haha

Beautiful shots of your walk around CBR. It is a pretty resort.

I love me some CBR, it was so pretty! I would totally stay there again!

There is nothing wrong with an Uncrustable breakfast. You are allowed to eat anything you want in Disney.

I'm a speed walker and a crowd zipper too. Comes from six years of working at a Six Flags. You have got to learn to get around people when you work at an amusement park.
Hahah! That's awesome, I'm such a crowd zipper, like, why would I not be? Makes me the perfect fast pass runner, especially because I don't do RnR, so everything works out!

I totally have that shirt Tanessa is wearing! And oddly enough, I have a picture of me, wearing it in Hollywood Studios, in the same photopass picture.....
That's so weird!!

Yup, Red Velvet cupcake is on my November food list.

AH! DO IT! Also, when in November are you going?! I'm still trying to figure out if I'll have the money for Nov, or if we'll have to push it to Dec!

I never wanted to be Belle, I ALWAYS wanted to be one of the silly girls!

That's hysterical! Phineas and Ferb in line at ToT? Priceless.

Ursula is a little creepy, you are right. Especially in VOTLM.

Tyler asking to take your cornbread? I have not met you, but even I know that's risky business.

Hahahaahaha, very very true, I love me my cornbread, and Tyler had promised to make me some so many times I know it's a lie, he'll get to share mine when he finally makes some for me haha

Mini DISmeet's are great! I have not met someone by accident before though.

Love the dress you're wearing at Epcot!

Thanks!! I love it!

I don't mind the current version of Imagination, I just really miss the original.

Oh, that fruit and cheese platter looks really good. I may have to get that....

It was amazing!! I tried to get it again in July and couldn't find it, I'm not sure if I was just there too late, or what, but I really hope they bring it back!

You are absolutely correct, wordly adventures are always better with tequila....

I'm pretty sure that pretty much anything is better with tequila....*sigh* tequila and I are like best friends ha! (hey, someone's gotta love it with all the haters going on!

So jealous that you're leaving in four days! I still have 76 days to go.

AHHHH I AM DYING. I just want to be there now, since we've been changing shows at work, we had an extra day off, and I've had NOTHING to do (and no money to spend haha) I've ended up watching nearly every disney movie in my collection and coloring because I've been so bored haha..
__________________
In Progress Trip ReportsDec 2013//
May 2014 (24 hr day)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 09-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #186
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
I know! You definitely need a 'just for WDW' collection! I just bought a bright blue tank with a big mickey head on it for my trip... pretty sure i'll only wear it
there haha

Haha I know! It's always such a full-on holiday! But sooo goood!!!
Mine are still in the making, which is CRAZY because I love planning but I just got a promotion recently and work is eating my life. This week alone I have 4 massive gigs, 8 rehearsals and CD recording that 500 kids need to be on. Eek!
What I know so far is
Thurs 20 Arrive at night, eat, sleep
21 Full day solo of exploring with tons of shopping with dinner at WPE
22 Hiring car and driving down to Busch Gardens to meet my friend Darcy
23 Magic Kingdom
24 Epcot- mexican nachos and margaritas are on the books
25 Hollywood Studios- Sci Fi for lunch
26 Universal and IOA
27 Animal Kingdom- Boma breakfast
28 Magic Kingdom round two
29 Leave for San Fran for a day or two there

Might get hoppers and mix it up? Still undecided

Ahhh I love watching all the Disney movies before I go!!
That is so sad about lady and the tramp! I love watching the 'Disney Parks'
series too, gets me so hyped for all the rides!

The flight there is fine because you actually gain time?... well almost
So I leave here at 4pm Thursday and get to San Fran at 11am Thursday, then my next flight from SF gets into Orlando around 10pm.
So its 6 hours in time, but 20ish hours flying or something like that.
Unfortunately on the way home, you lose a whole day and a half.
How long is your flight??
That sounds awesome! Definitely a fun filled vacation!! Sucks that we only overlap by like, a day haha, where are you guys staying again?

You certainly are a busy one haha, I've lucked out in having an extra day off thanks to changing shows at the theatre, and yesterday "work" was dress rehearsal, meaning we got paid to taste the new wine, the new menu, and watch the new show haha. It's been nice, thankfully I was so excited I did all my running around and prepping earlier ha!

ah! Okay, I couldn't remember, it does suck going home and having it be a whole day later, it's all "WHAT?!" right...now I remember how jetlegged I was when I got there. haha. Our flights around 7 hours in total, maybe 8-9 with a layover and depending how long it is, not that bad at all. I definitely prefer it with one flight being 5 hours, and the other being 2. I like knowing one is going to be shorter haha!
__________________
In Progress Trip ReportsDec 2013//
May 2014 (24 hr day)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 09-07-2012, 11:25 AM   #187
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

AHHHH I AM DYING. I just want to be there now, since we've been changing shows at work, we had an extra day off, and I've had NOTHING to do (and no money to spend haha) I've ended up watching nearly every disney movie in my collection and coloring because I've been so bored haha..
We're going to be there over the four day Thanksgiving weekend (21st to the 25th). For me it's four days off in a row that we don't have to take vacation time for, so I'm there! When were you thinking of going in November?
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 09-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #188
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
We're going to be there over the four day Thanksgiving weekend (21st to the 25th). For me it's four days off in a row that we don't have to take vacation time for, so I'm there! When were you thinking of going in November?
That's awesome!! We were originally planning for the 5-12,to get food & wine & sylvias birthday, but thanks to ballroom costing so much and me having a comp at the end of Oct, we have to push it, I'm just not sure to when though. I'd say late Nov/early Dec, I'm not sure what time would be better haha!
__________________
In Progress Trip ReportsDec 2013//
May 2014 (24 hr day)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 09-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #189
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post


That's awesome!! We were originally planning for the 5-12,to get food & wine & sylvias birthday, but thanks to ballroom costing so much and me having a comp at the end of Oct, we have to push it, I'm just not sure to when though. I'd say late Nov/early Dec, I'm not sure what time would be better haha!
Either one will be okay, the crowd levels should be low. The week after Thanksgiving is always great for the crowd levels.

The new FL will be in full swing December 6th. They are going to have soft openings starting the 19th. I'm hoping to get in an AP preview, they just haven't released the dates yet.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 05:46 AM   #190
Aussiesalad
Totes Mcgoats
 
Aussiesalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 529

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post


That sounds awesome! Definitely a fun filled vacation!! Sucks that we only overlap by like, a day haha, where are you guys staying again?

I know!! We are staying at POP What time do you leave on Saturday??

You certainly are a busy one haha, I've lucked out in having an extra day off thanks to changing shows at the theatre, and yesterday "work" was dress rehearsal, meaning we got paid to taste the new wine, the new menu, and watch the new show haha. It's been nice, thankfully I was so excited I did all my running around and prepping earlier ha!

Argh I know! Life needs to slow down so I can plan my holiday!
Your job sounds awesome! I wouldn't mind a sneaky wine tasting/show watching shift!


ah! Okay, I couldn't remember, it does suck going home and having it be a whole day later, it's all "WHAT?!" right...now I remember how jetlegged I was when I got there. haha. Our flights around 7 hours in total, maybe 8-9 with a layover and depending how long it is, not that bad at all. I definitely prefer it with one flight being 5 hours, and the other being 2. I like knowing one is going to be shorter haha!
Ahhhh it's so annoying coming home! When did you come out here?
I remember I was flying with a girl once and she missed her birthday entirely!
We left on a Friday and arrived on the Sunday and her birthday was the Saturday. It just didn't exist!
AHHHH two days for you!!
Aussiesalad is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #191
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Either one will be okay, the crowd levels should be low. The week after Thanksgiving is always great for the crowd levels.

The new FL will be in full swing December 6th. They are going to have soft openings starting the 19th. I'm hoping to get in an AP preview, they just haven't released the dates yet.
Fair deal! I was thinking about the 25-2nd, but then I totally forgot about FL being all open and junk later. As a passholder, would we get to bring a guest to the preview? Do you know? I know they said there was one on the 19th, but I doubt I'll make that one.
__________________
In Progress Trip ReportsDec 2013//
May 2014 (24 hr day)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #192
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesalad View Post
Ahhhh it's so annoying coming home! When did you come out here?
I remember I was flying with a girl once and she missed her birthday entirely!
We left on a Friday and arrived on the Sunday and her birthday was the Saturday. It just didn't exist!
AHHHH two days for you!!
Haha, yeah,it was weird! I was there for 3 months in the beg of 2008, it was seriously amazing!! Haha! That's insane! That would suck just completely missing your birthday haha.

AHHH. I'm dying, I have like 1.5 days right now, I JUST want to be there!
__________________
In Progress Trip ReportsDec 2013//
May 2014 (24 hr day)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 09-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #193
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 5,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789

Fair deal! I was thinking about the 25-2nd, but then I totally forgot about FL being all open and junk later. As a passholder, would we get to bring a guest to the preview? Do you know? I know they said there was one on the 19th, but I doubt I'll make that one.
I honestly don't know if you can bring a guest. I've never done a preview before. I would hope so but you never know. I understand though that as of the 19th it might be in soft open, so you may not even need to be a pass holder.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #194
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 5,234

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I honestly don't know if you can bring a guest. I've never done a preview before. I would hope so but you never know. I understand though that as of the 19th it might be in soft open, so you may not even need to be a pass holder.
Totes fair, I definitely want to see everything, but I know I'm going next year in Jan/Feb with a bunch of people, I just want to see it ASAP! haha, seeing all the sneak peak preview pics on tumblr just kills me, it all looks so awesome!!
__________________
In Progress Trip ReportsDec 2013//
May 2014 (24 hr day)

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 09-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #195
StitchsGurl
Former WDW Cast Member
 
StitchsGurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Theater of the Stars
Posts: 78

You leave tomorrow - you must be so so so so so excited!!!!! Have fun and I can't wait to hear all about it~
__________________
~Princess Dayna - 22 trips to WDW and counting~

StitchsGurl is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.