Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #151
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I love that parade! It's fun to see all of the Pixar characters that you don't see anywhere else. I could do without the song though...

Yay for job interviews! Good luck!

Our point and shoot is a Sony Cybershot. It's a little more expensive than the other P&S cameras, but the zoom is good and the shutter speed isn't bad either.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #152
jane2073
DIS Veteran

I love that parade! And its song!

No advice on a camera. We have been using our iPhones exclusively for two years. Never thought to get another camera.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #153
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
As it should be!! The tastiest thing everrrrrrr!! But make sure to get it early, Starring Rolls closes before a dinner time snack! (found that out the hard way!)
Thanks for the tip. That cupcake shall be mine...

ps. That sucks about your camera. Not Cool AA...not cool
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA

Last edited by mike the canuck; 08-03-2012 at 06:00 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:30 AM   #154
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I love that parade! It's fun to see all of the Pixar characters that you don't see anywhere else. I could do without the song though...

Yay for job interviews! Good luck!

Our point and shoot is a Sony Cybershot. It's a little more expensive than the other P&S cameras, but the zoom is good and the shutter speed isn't bad either.
Haha! I've grown to love the parade and really do like the music too. I won't lie, I sit here and listen to it & the Move it Shake it all the time! I wish there was a way to download that music! I'd totally do my cardio to it haha, keep me going! Lol

Thanks! I'm headed to one right now, and it's actually for serving at the place Tyler's cooking at, so I've got a good chance!

I'll take a look at that one! The photog board said the Canon S95 & SX-260, so I'll compare!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
Thanks for the tip. That cupcake shall be mine...

ps. That sucks about your camera. Not Cool AA...not cool
Good! Hahha, and yeah, it really does suck, but my mom did say she would go halfsies with me on a new one, which is super awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
I love that parade! And its song!

No advice on a camera. We have been using our iPhones exclusively for two years. Never thought to get another camera.
Yay!! It's pretty great. And yeah, I used my Iphone for all the rest of the pictures last trip, and they turn out pretty well, but sometimes the quality when I zoom in goes down really hardcore, so I do want an actual camera!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 08-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #155
katt789
DIS Veteran

Mermaids & Shopping

With the parade done, we headed over to where our original destination had been before we started counting down to fun, Voyage of the Little Mermaid! Yay! As Ariel is my favorite princess, obviously her movie is also one of my favorites. Ariel is awesome, Eric is my prince of choice (when I’m not hanging around with Naveen that is haha!) and it’s just my favorite, I can watch that movie over and over again, so obviously I enjoy the little show.

Disney rule: look up!

I don’t know about you (or any small child) but I seriously find Ursula creepy, I think it’s because she’s so freaking big! I know I’d be frightened by her!

I also really like that in the production, Ariel actually ends up in her slinky dress! It was always my favorite, and you never see her in it in any merchandise, pictures, or anything, so I’m glad it makes an appearance here. And as much as I do like this show, it also makes me laugh how they skip practically the whole movie, and just show shots on the screen. When they were making shows for DHS they definitely planned on how to make the shows short, but keep at least the most important parts of the plot in…while skipping 3/4 of the movie haha! Watching this also makes me even more interested in seeing the Little Mermaid on Broadway (if you didn’t know it existed, yes, yes it does) I have the music, and it sounds incredible, and I’m *really* hoping it comes through Canada so I can get the chance to see it! Tanessa also enjoyed the show, and we moved on to our next destinations!

I still wanted to get some photopass shots on the Streets of America, so we decided that if we circled through there next it would kill some time before 4:45! Along the way we noticed that some of Andy’s toys were out to play in Pixar Place!

And then we noticed that there were in fact no photopass-es out in St of America, booo. We kept checking back throughout the day and never did end up finding any. I’m not too sure what it was about this trip, but we never seemed to find photopass people in the places that I had seen them in the past. Who knows, it may have just been time of day?

Tanessa wanted to do some shopping, so we started to browse through some shops on Hollywood Boulevard. I found a bunch of cute shirts, along with some other stuff, but only took pictures of them, didn’t actually buy anything (what can I say, I was a little short on money this trip!)

I did really want the monorail shirt! I know I’d probably never wear it, I wish there was a tank-top, or at least women’s style of it, I’d wear it as pajamas, but not out of the house. Lol. Another time maybe I’ll get it haha. While Tanessa was buying a couple of shirts, I did try on some shirts & dresses, and debated the Mickey croc/toms that you see around the parks. (and in the end, I am actually disappointed that I didn’t get them, they would have been super awesome to wear during the summer. I don’t wear flats a whole lot, and wanted something that was between flats & runners to wear with shorts…shoulda bought them! Oh well, next time!) She took a little bit longer than me looking through the shops, so I peeked out into the street where Disney Channel Rocks was going on!

I definitely recognized some of the performers in this as the same ones from the Countdown to Fun Parade earlier, and made the thought that they definitely do the most work. Doing however many shows a day plus the parade, that’s a lot of dancing all around, props to them for still having that much energy to keep it up all day!

Once the show was over, Tanessa and I cut across the little hub, it was time for a snack, and we knew exactly where we wanted to get one from, the ice cream stand! Yay! On the way back, we decided that clearly, with popsicles in hand was the best time to get some more photopass pics done!

Obviously, when in doubt, stop for photo passes! My goal for the next trip is to hit up every single spot at least once (it should be relatively easy to do with 11 days total in the park!) Last Sept we got 2 discs of photos, and I’m usually such a promoter of photopass, but with this trip, it just didn’t cut it, whether we didn’t stop for enough photographers, or there weren’t as many out, I just feel like we didn’t really get our money’s worth this time.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #156
katt789
DIS Veteran

I'm attempting to get my newest TR up and running for you guys! I'm just having a problem with photobucket and flikr currently...ugh...

Old 08-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #157
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Oh man! Imma be getting that Monorail shirt next time as well that Red Velvet cupcake.
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
Old 08-08-2012, 01:26 PM   #158
Merida
DIS Veteran

Yay! I can't wait to hear about your auditions. Even though you're leaving dinner theatre, are you still interviewing in the entertainment (I guess that's the right word?) industry? Congrats on your good interviews

I love how all the villagers in BatB show have the same cloaks on. I don't know, I just find it really funny!

I have TSM for the Wii, didn't know it was available on the phone. I'll have to investigate!

Disney T-shirts are cut so oddly. I don't really like a lot of the women's t-shirts (they're very frilly and princess-y and I have no idea where I'd wear them) but the unisex/men's ones are huge! Why don't you want my money, Disney??

I'm sorry you lost your old camera, but new photo equipment is so exciting! I spend waaay too much money on my camera as it is but it's never enough. Always something new and exciting coming out! Did you pick out something you liked?
Old 08-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #159
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck View Post
Oh man! Imma be getting that Monorail shirt next time as well that Red Velvet cupcake.
I know right?! I love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Yay! I can't wait to hear about your auditions. Even though you're leaving dinner theatre, are you still interviewing in the entertainment (I guess that's the right word?) industry? Congrats on your good interviews

I love how all the villagers in BatB show have the same cloaks on. I don't know, I just find it really funny!

I have TSM for the Wii, didn't know it was available on the phone. I'll have to investigate!

Disney T-shirts are cut so oddly. I don't really like a lot of the women's t-shirts (they're very frilly and princess-y and I have no idea where I'd wear them) but the unisex/men's ones are huge! Why don't you want my money, Disney??

I'm sorry you lost your old camera, but new photo equipment is so exciting! I spend waaay too much money on my camera as it is but it's never enough. Always something new and exciting coming out! Did you pick out something you liked?
Thanks!! I'll definitely be posting a link somewhere in here for that TR. I'm not really looking for something in entertainment, I mean, for the past 5 months I've been just bartending at the theatre, so I've been out of the schticking part for a while, I'm just looking for something that will pay more!

It's awesome! I play it so much, love it!!

Ugh, tell me about it, I love so many of the shirts, but they just aren't cut right, I wish they had female versions of the male shirts, it'd be far more awesome!

I'm thinking of either the Canon S95 or the Canon SX-260, those are the ones that have been mostly recommended for me, so we'll see!

Old 08-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #160
katt789
DIS Veteran

The End of DHS & a Mini Dismeet

Hey friends! I have officially started my next Trip Report, here is the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post45768767
And I hope you enjoy!!

Our day at Disney’s Hollywood Studios was slowly drawing to a close, even though it was only afternoon, we didn’t have a whole lot to do in the park (especially as we ended up skipping both the stunt shows!) and now it was nearly 4:45, so Tanessa and I headed towards the animation building, where I knew there would be some characters out and about at this time of day! Our first stop was a practically perfect friend with her little penguin helper!

And then right around the corner to some furry friends we had yet to meet, and probably wouldn’t see again on the trip, so of course we made the time to stop to see them!

Figuring that it’s always fun to meet some Chipmunks, we made a stop in to see our favorite boys next!

What’s that!? More characters that aren’t really out and about often, why of course we’ll stop to see them!

Next up, we *had* to make a stop for Stitch! A friend of ours back home was a huuuuge fan of Stitch, and we had been thinking of things to get for him the entire trip, and since Stitch doesn’t talk, we couldn’t exactly get a video of him saying hello, so we settled for a written hello instead!

I remember Stitch not being too friendly today either, I’m not sure why, end of the day maybe? Man, I wish I had more details about all of our character greetings, heck, I wish I had more details about the trip in general. I’ve usually been so good with writing everything down, and even used my phone this trip so I had it with me as each thing was happening. The lack of details is kinda boring! Ha! My bad!

With character palooza done, I turned to Tanessa and asked her what she wanted to do for the rest of the day. We could hang out in the park, killing time until Fantasmic (which would be interesting as most of the shows were done by now) or we could walk over to the Boardwalk, kill some time there, maybe get some dinner, or simply just return to Caribbean Beach, and get some dinner, drinks, maybe a swim, and explore in the sunlight. The final idea of heading back to the resort won, and we headed out of Hollywood Studios, time to say good bye!

In the end, I did not end up going on Rock N Rollercoaster today (not sure if that ended up getting mentioned earlier or not) I was feeling better around the time Beauty & the Beast finished, and Tanessa & I were going to go, but I felt like Tyler would get super mad if I went without him, so we decided not to. After a quick bus ride (we lucked out and there was a bus there right as we walked up too!) we arrived back at CBR, and headed straight to our room to change into swim suits and headed to our little pool for a quick swim.

This was definitely the first time I had managed to get back to a resort early enough that it wasn’t that cold yet, (which is even more surprising considering how the weather had been this week) so it was nice to have a quick swim before changing and heading over to Old Port Royale, it was time for some food, some drinks, and naturally, finding Tyler.

He was down at the bar, enjoying a drink watching some hockey, and Tanessa and I joined him for some drinks (whatever their special was, the pina colava or whichever, something like that, wasn’t a pina colada, but a cocktail) I also ducked in to get some food, the roast chicken with mashed potatos, corn, and cornbread!

Tyler of course asked if he could have my cornbread…uhh…no….have you met me?! Get your own!! Haha. I also picked up some of the Mickey crazy straws inside for Tanessa and I to drink our drinks with, cause we’re that cool. After I finished eating, we explored around the main pool area, it looked super awesome, and Tanessa definitely wanted to swim in it later, and made me promise I would too (yeah…that never happened…ha!!) Then we set off to explore the resort and the little island in the middle!

Somewhere along our journey through Caribbean Cay, I heard some voices behind us, and turned around to make sure I was out of the way of any possible running children or stroller, and actually noticed that I recognized the people coming our way! It was Shannon & Maddie (better known on here as Shan23877) we stopped and chatted for a little bit, but not long, as they had some serious swimming to do, and had to get back to the pool quick, as “they couldn’t all fit in the bathtub to swim” Ha. So cute, seriously!! It was impressive that that was the only time we ended up actually talking throughout the trip, as we had seen each other twice in the parks, had pretty much the same plans, and were staying at the same resort.

Tanessa and I finished crossing the island, and finished the semi circle back to our room where we were quick to shower, while I spent some time on tumblr, and uploading pics. Thanks to the resorts now having wireless, I found one of my favorite things to do at the end of the day was to upload everything (both to facebook and photobucket) and to go through the photopasses that we had up to then and add the borders and edits then. It seriously saves time in terms of writing trip reports, and it also helps with getting the photopass cd quicker after getting home!

Old 08-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #161
Merida
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post

I'm not really looking for something in entertainment, I mean, for the past 5 months I've been just bartending at the theatre, so I've been out of the schticking part for a while, I'm just looking for something that will pay more!

It's awesome! I play it so much, love it!!

Ugh, tell me about it, I love so many of the shirts, but they just aren't cut right, I wish they had female versions of the male shirts, it'd be far more awesome!

I'm thinking of either the Canon S95 or the Canon SX-260, those are the ones that have been mostly recommended for me, so we'll see!
That sounds cool! I had some friends who bartended on the side and while they enjoyed it, it was definitely a part-time thing and not what they wanted to do full time.

I haven't used either of those, but it looks like the SX-260 comes in a really pretty teal so I'd pick that one.

Caribbean Beach looks so pretty! All that greenery and the lights just coming on. That chicken doesn't look half bad either! Was Old Port Royale's food decent?
Old 08-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #162
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
That sounds cool! I had some friends who bartended on the side and while they enjoyed it, it was definitely a part-time thing and not what they wanted to do full time.

I haven't used either of those, but it looks like the SX-260 comes in a really pretty teal so I'd pick that one.

Caribbean Beach looks so pretty! All that greenery and the lights just coming on. That chicken doesn't look half bad either! Was Old Port Royale's food decent?
Yeah! It's definitely something I do enjoy doing, but it's definitely not a full time living career for me, I've got to be performing! Hahha

I STILL can't decide on the camera, they both look so awesome, it'll probably come down to whichever is cheaper/higher recommended in stores!

CBR was great! I was seriously impressed with it, especially for a moderate, like, it's cheaper than you'd think! I just liked having the nature around! The food was okay, I remember it being a bit too greasy for my liking, but it was still good! (better than anything I would have gotten at DHS lawl)

Old 08-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #163
katt789
DIS Veteran

Swimming Through the Seas

It was Thursday April 26th today, and I was (naturally) up bright and early while I had a second alarm set to wake up the others (and once it hit about 8am, I wasn’t being to careful to be quiet, I won’t lie. I find people are always more apt to get up if someone is putzing around the room. (Also, gonna take a second for a mini rant here: I found that when I would get ready, I’d be completely ready as the others would start to get ready, so I’d take the time to quickly jump on my lap top and update facebook, and they would take this action as a “oh, if Katt has time to do it, I totally do to” Yeah…not so much…I’m completely ready to go and your in your pj’s still….) ANYWAY, I was up at 7:45, with the other two up at 8:15, and we headed to the bus stop getting on a bus that got us to the park right at 9:15. Which park were we at today, well, the only one we have left of course, Epcot!

Our plan was to head straight into the Land Pavillion and check the wait time for Soarin, it was a little lengthy, so we grabbed some fast passes, and headed over to the Seas, it was time for some fun with Nemo!

Anyone else notice that Nemo has like, the longest cue known to man kind, and that it is NEVER backed up?! I’ve never been held up in that cue, and I feel like it takes just forever to walk through it, insane!

Clearly I was in a picture taking mood today! I think today was the point that I realized DHS had seriously suffered in picture/detailed note taking and there’s so much to look at and see at Epcot that I didn’t want to miss any of it. I also just noticed that I had about ¼ of the pictures that I usually do by this point, including photopass. Last Sept I came home with 2 discs of photopass, and nearly 700 photos from just me, never mind the other three I went with. Today was a day of catching up!

Each time I’m on Nemo, it grows on me, I like that they have actual fish and aquatic stuff included with Nemo, I really do like that Epcot takes Disney and fills it with education at the same time. (Heck, the only reason I remember anything about Hamlet is that the Lion King shares the same plot line ha!!) When we finished our clam-mobile journey we headed into Turtle Talk with Crush!

I know a lot of people probably think “why are you in this without kids” but who cares?! This is one of those things that adults get some of the jokes kids don’t, it’s so “everyone” age, and I love it. I’m also going to include a link here for a video that I think is totally wicked. (lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq5uB...eature=related

CUUUUUUTTTEEEE?!?!?!? Ugh, when I get a prince, he better well know that I expect some sort of Disney proposal, and some kind of Disney Wedding….I’m that kind of person…ha! (Also…going off on a tangent here but, did you know that having a Disney character at your wedding is something like $900.00 for an HOUR….I died….Really?! However the costs of the wedding themselves aren’t nearly as bad as you would expect!)

Alright, now that I’m done fangirl-ing over Disney weddings, we can continue. Turtle Talk was awesome, I always enjoy it, and Tanessa & Tyler really did too, it’s something relaxing to do and get a few laughs in during your morning. We spend the next little bit of time exploring the aquariums, just checking everything out.

I found Dory, Nemo, Marlin & Gil in there! Haha, yeah, I’m cool like that! We had explored the Seas pretty well at this point, so we headed out over to explore another thing, part of our minds this time!

Old 08-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #164
katt789
DIS Veteran

Immmaaagggiinnaaaation & Snacks & Friends

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH There are a mere TWENTY THREE (that's right, 23!!) Days until I get to go back to the World for 11 DAYS!! EEEEEEEKKKKK. I just got super excited! (it may be because I'm listening to the 4 parks 1 world cd). To update you alll:

-My mom came by last week with my Periwinkle costume and it looks absolutely amazing! I only need to buy sparkles & wings & leggings and I'm set!

-My Alice costume came in the mail and it's absolutely amazing & gorgeous and park perfect!

-I've already started packing, lol!

-I got the pins I ordered off ebay and am super excited to start trading!

-There are not one, but 2 auditions while I'm down there. A specific face character audition, and a character performer/look alike & parade performer audition. I just don't know which one I plan on going to yet.

-I'm so freaking excited

-I'm still stuck between the "Canon S95" and the "Canon SX-260" for a new camera....any opinions?!

If you guessed that our next place of exploration was our Imaginations, you were right!! Yay for you! Here is a cookie!

This ride gets some serious hate, and I seriously don’t understand why. Sure, it could use some refurbing, but so could a lot of Disney. And yes, maybe it’s an attraction that should just be demolished so that something else can be put in, but until they have the money and time to do that, it’s not going to happen (and with FL Expansion…and *ugh* Avatarland, (Edited to add: It’s been very well rumoured that to make way for Avatarland they are CLOSING DOWN FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING. ARE YOU SERIOUS?!!?!?! I seriously died and nearly cried when I found out. Ugh. Apparently it might only be temporary while they re construct a new theatre, but REALLY?!?)! I doubt Epcot will be getting a revival anytime soon) However, I do like it, it’s another cute thing, Epcot is my relaxing park, you get to wander around, tour the world, educate yourself, have a few drinks, and take it all in slowly! I love it.

I had forgotten about the big gust of wind at the end, until a cm had mentioned to the riders that they may want to hold onto sunglasses, Mickey ears, and hats. Tyler had completely forgotten about it, and Tanessa may or may not have screamed! Ha!

We spent some time playing after the ride was over, discovering some things, you know, the usual.

We exited the Imagination building to discover a whole new beautiful view, seriously, Epcot has some of the greatest scenery in the world!

The jumping fountains! Iiiieeee! This was the first time I had actually seen them, or rather, noticed them! (It can’t just be me who comes home from a trip, sees pictures online and goes “where the heck is that?”)

I tried for a good 5 minutes to get a picture of Tyler while the fountain was jumping over him, but this was the best that I could get in the end.

With a quick glance to our watches we noticed that it was just time to go back and use our Soarin fast passes! Since the ride (it’s something with the 3-D and the screen) makes me nauseas, I sat it out while Tanessa & Tyler went on in. I pointed out a section of tables in Sunshine Seasons that I would be sitting for when they came out, and wandered into the area to grab a snack, that Clif bar from breakfast wasn’t tiding me over anymore! I browsed through everything a bit, I knew I didn’t want a whole meal, and let me tell you, after hearing everything about the Strawberry shortcake, I was tempted, but I went for a healthier option and grabbed a water, a banana & a fruit & cheese plate!

A close up on the label, and a close up on the fruit & cheese itself!

Doesn’t that look amazing!! Well, let me tell you, it was absolutely incredible. I was really impressed with it, everything was fresh and beautiful and tasty as heck! I especially loved the red wine cheese, it was to die for! Tanessa and Tyler soon showed up from their ride over California, and were both thoroughly impressed with it, and I shared bits of the fruit & cheese with them well we made a plan of attack for the afternoon. Tyler still wanted to ride Mission: Space, and had been trying to convince Tanessa into it, saying that it wasn’t that bad. She finally had to tell him that it wasn’t fear, it was some heart problems that might keep it from being a good idea, she did call her Aunt at one point, and her aunt suggested against it, so Tyler said he’d do that after lunch, and the three of us headed into World Showcase. We did get a little side tracked on the way in by one of Mickey’s fluffy friends! (this would be the point that Tyler ditched out for a smoke, he has no interest in Duffy whatsoever)

He was sure to give us lots of love and hugs and take lots of pictures with us! Here’s another thing in Disney where people are all “why?” and I’m like “CAUSE MICKEY GOT LONELY ON HIS TRIPS AROUND THE WORLD AND MINNIE LOVES HIM” <-That’s the story of why Duffy exists. Those people who are all “this is poop, they should be sticking to classic Disney” really need to realize that with newer generations, they are advancing in storylines, in characters, and merchandise, and that it needs to grow with the people. If there was only the original princesses, Disney would get boring. I love Duffy, he’s super cute and awesome!

Old 08-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #165
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I think my replies are all getting lost

Yay for our DisMeet! Sounds like you guys had a nice laid back night.

I'm also obsessed with Disney weddings. You should follow Stringbean&Wingnut's Tr. They're having a Disney wedding, and she's going to share the planning. I'm stoked.

A gorgeous morning at Epcot. Isn't F&G fest beautiful? The weather was great toward the end of the week too.

I also read other TRs and think "where is that?". It's not just you.

Yay for more auditions working out! Have you thought about applying for other CM spots so that you can get a foot in the door, and be there when auditions come up? I'll bet there's some serious money to be made for people with Food and Bev experience.

Duffy doesn't bother me at all. I'm just glad that Maddie hasn't discovered him. We buy enough stuff already.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: