Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #136
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love the CBR pics! I wish that I was back there right now. My favorite times at the resort were first things in the morning when it was just me and the joggers out there. I was probably sitting 100 yards away from you when you started on you walk!
Old 07-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #137
jane2073
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures! The water looks like glass!!

Have you thought about trying out to be a parade dancer? I always thought the parade at Hollywood Studios seemed like it would be fun to dance in.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 11:48 AM   #138
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
I guess that makes sense, since they have so many people applying and with so many different fairies in one spot. Sounds like a fun - but stressful! - experience!

CBR looks so pretty! I don't think I'd ever stay there too much, as I don't like the inside (spent way too much time in beach cottages as a kid, and it bothers me that they have the Nemo decor - he isn't from the Caribbean!! ) But the landscaping and the exteriors are so lovely! Nice and lush.
Yeah, at this point, it's just *cross your fingers and hope you're what they need* kinda thing!

I loved CBR, it was a really nice change from the values, and it had everything we needed. Haha, see I spent a lot of time at camp out on a lake, and because of it love love love water settings to much more haha. I do wish that they had kept the original decorations, Nemo doesn't have anything to do with the Cairbbean ahha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
Beautiful pictures! The water looks like glass!!

Have you thought about trying out to be a parade dancer? I always thought the parade at Hollywood Studios seemed like it would be fun to dance in.
It was gorgeous! Haha, yeah I have, luckily, if you work at Disney World, in the performing part, you'll do a bit of everything (meaning even if I go to a strictly princess audition, I could be friends with a princess, chip or dale, and be a "mover" in parades/shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love the CBR pics! I wish that I was back there right now. My favorite times at the resort were first things in the morning when it was just me and the joggers out there. I was probably sitting 100 yards away from you when you started on you walk!
Thanks! My little point and shoot does well hha. It really was so nice in the mornings, I wish I had gotten to experience it a little bit more. That's definitely going to be one of my missions from now on, explore the resort I'm staying at!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 07-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #139
katt789
DIS Veteran

Towers Toys & Muppets

When I got back to the room, we quickly all got up and ready to go, we were on the bus by 8:45, a little late for my liking, but I wasn’t too concerned in being there right on time. Luckily we were there by 9:05, yay! The original plan was for everyone to head straight to Rock n Rollercoaster, and all of us ride it (I was planning on finally braving it!) however, whether it was the early morning, the not a lot of food, or the little medical problem I have, but I wasn’t feeling too great. We’re talking nauseous, and I wasn’t feeling it, I did not want to risk flying around in the dark upside down right now, didn’t sound like the greatest idea. So as we headed toward the hat, we split up!

I headed down to grab fast passes for Toy Story Mania while Tanessa and Tyler went down to RnR. I got fast passes at 9:10, with a return time of 11:25, not that bad!

I then swung back down Sunset Boulevard to meet up with my friends! Turns out I’m quite the speed walker, and crowd zipper (I went to a HUUGE high school, and worked in the biggest mall in Canada for a year, it’s always crowded, and I learnt to deal by being able to zig zag through crowds easily, it makes me a great fast pass runner!) as I got down to that bathroom between Tot & RnR before the two got off the ride, so I quickly used the facilities and took a seat on the curb to wait for them.

They both loved the ride! Especially with it being Tyler’s favorite, he of course absolutely loved it, Tanessa really enjoyed it too, and Tyler definitely starting bugging me, saying he wished I could ride it with him, and I told him later, or later in the week (would that end up happening, we’ll find out!)

My stomach was feeling up to one of my favorites rides, Tower of Terror, it was posted as a 10 minute wait, although it felt longer than that. This was one that Tyler would be sitting out, but hey, to each his own. I felt like there wasn’t that long of a free fall drop on this one, kind of bummed me out, the ride just felt shorter; downside of it being random each time. Maybe I had Tower of Terror-ed myself out in DCA?! Who knows?

We had a plan to just kinda meander the park and check things out, obviously with returning back to this area for more rides and shows later. Tyler wanted to see the Indiana Jones show, and I wasn’t leaving without seeing Beauty & the Beast (and Tyler actually wanted to see that one, it has “sexy chefs” in it….yup…he’s such a boy)

And of course we had to get one where we were all scared!

I love jumping photos! They’re the best!

We wandered down towards Pixar Place, where of course I made sure to grab some more pictures as we went, can I just express my love towards Pixar right now, the themeing in this area is so incredible, and each time I’m there I love it more and more! It’s awesome!

“Now do something funny!”

Since we were down there anyway, we noticed that Toy Story Mania only had a 30 minute wait, so what else to do but jump in line! It was probably going to be the shortest we would ever see, so why not? And then we’d get to ride it more than once without using multiple fast passes! Yay!!

Not to mention, we got to see Mr Potato head for the first time! (Ok, first time in WDW) he’s totally awesome!

In the end we ended up waiting closer to 20 minutes (heck yes!) and the verdict? Everyone LOVED it of course! I cannot rave about TSM enough! I love love love it, the themeing of it, the songs, the arcade factor of it, the 3D factors of it, it’s all so incredible. I’m reminded of this every time I play it! I also have the game on my phone, and every time I play it, I cannot wait to get back to DHS to ride again! Yayayayay! Our scores were all about 30 points apart, with Tanessa at around 130, me around 165, and Tyler around 190.

I wanted to get some shots over in the Streets of America, and was thinking of maybe getting some dance shots there too, so we headed that way, taking in the sights and sounds and checking everything out along the way.

Sadly, there were no photopass photographers out that was something I noticed this trip, and was disappointed by, there was a lack of photopass people around in the areas that we were in. Granted, I guess they were there later (a prime example is that little alcove in AK with EE in the background, early in the day, there’s too much sun behind it to get a good picture) I clearly need to stop later in the day when I do see them. Right around the corner however, was a galaxy that needed some exploring, what galaxy is that? Why, the Star Wars one that is! (Please don’t hate me, I have no idea anything about Star Wars….haha!!) The wait was posted at 10 minutes, so Tanessa and Tyler jumped right in line while I waited, browsed through the gift shop a bit, and discovered that it really was getting hot in the sun, and it was beautiful out!

Tyler and Tanessa were back within 15 minutes, and browsed the shop for a bit before heading around the next corner, where our adventures were about to get 3333333DDDDDDDDD (sadly, no fart shoes were involved in this one! HA!)

I found an animal dust pan! I totally want this for my house! Totally awesome!

And here Tanessa cracks us up by pointing out that her height clearly doesn’t restrict her in short ceiling-ed places

Words can’t express how much I love the Muppets! The 3D show is great, the TV show is great, the movie is wonderful, it’s all just amazing! Love love love!!

Old 07-21-2012, 11:35 AM   #140
katt789
DIS Veteran

The One With All the Food

When we disembarked from our 3D journey through Muppet studios, I went to pull my sunglasses out of my purse, to notice that the shade had fallen out of the frame, no problem, I’ll just shove it back in…wrong…the frame itself had cracked! Boourns! Seriously, so sad. We made sure to stop in the Muppet gift shop, and I actually found a relatively nice pair of sunglasses to replace them! Yay. Tanessa and I then wandered over to pizza planet to grab cash from the ATM while Tyler darted around to the smoking area by the Sci Fi Diner. When we regrouped, he asked about lunch, specifically about Sci-Fi, I figured, hey, it’s worth a shot, and we asked how long it would be for a “walk up” they said an hour, and that was a bit too long for us hungry monkeys, so we said thanks, and moved on. Our destination, why Toy Story Mania with our fast passes of course! We pretty much walked right onto the ride again! Yay! We had been lucky.

Our destination for lunch ended up being *drum roll please*….ABC Commissary. Yup. You heard that right. I was *very* hesitant being the reviews I’ve heard of the place have all been horrible, and everyone says to avoid it, not to mention the fact that I hadn’t been feeling that good that morning, but oh well. Tanessa & Tyler both got some kind of burgers, and I decided on the butter chicken bowl with an orange juice to drink.

Verdict: it was pretty good! Butter chicken can be pretty iffy at some places, but it worked out well here, the other two really liked their burgers as well. Tyler even made a comment about how he thought ABC was a place NOT to eat according to all the reading he’d done, but it was tasty! (Surprised? He actually does do some research!)

On our way out, with our bellies nice and full, we passed by a lovely couple who were leaving the park, and gave us their fast passes for RnR! Tyler wanted another ride on it, so he jumped on the opportunity to head there while Tanessa and I stopped for the greatest treat you’ll ever eat at Disney!

If you guessed that our next snack destination was Starring Rolls, you would be correct, and after describing the heavenly deliciousness of the Red Velvet cupcake, both Tanessa and I got one!

Yum! Seriously, by FAR my favorite snack in the world, and in Disney, it’s so delicious, never dry, the icing’s never hard, they’re just TOO good. We headed over towards Beauty & the Beast before chomping down on the cupcakes (this has definitely become a tradition of mine!)

With that, it was time to hear a story of a girl who looked past appearances and found true love, but if you know me, you know I take too many pictures of shows, and this one spans over 2 updates!

Old 07-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #141
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

Oh man. That Red Velvet Cupcake is #1 on my to do list for my December trip
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
Old 07-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #142
shan23877

Missed another update!

Looks like you guys were having a great morning at DHS! I hope that you rode RNR later, it really is a ton of fun.

Awesome that you got on TSM twice in one morning! I'm glad that everyone liked it.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:05 PM   #143
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck
Oh man. That Red Velvet Cupcake is #1 on my to do list for my December trip
As it should be!! The tastiest thing everrrrrrr!! But make sure to get it early, Starring Rolls closes before a dinner time snack! (found that out the hard way!)

Old 07-28-2012, 03:19 PM   #144
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Missed another update!

Looks like you guys were having a great morning at DHS! I hope that you rode RNR later, it really is a ton of fun.

Awesome that you got on TSM twice in one morning! I'm glad that everyone liked it.
It was a good time! And you're just going to have to wait to find out! Haha. I love TSM, and the fact that we got to ride it twice was such a bonus!

Old 07-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #145
katt789
DIS Veteran

Part 1 of some Theatre!

Before we start, I have a little life update to just include in here! SURPRISE!!! I just returned from a quick 2 day trip down to Orlando! HA! Not such a surprise for some of you I know. I arrived Wed, spent the evening in the park. Thurs went to AK & Epcot all before noon, then went to a face character audition, and back to MK. Friday did rope drop and a bunch of characters then back to the hotel for the ME to pick me up and come home!!

I will be doing a quick little trip report for this trip (you'll be able to find the link on the first page) but I do have to wait a bit. Problem being: I picked up my baggage from the caroseul last night noticing a couple of the zippers were a little open and thought to myself "wow...hope nothing important like my camera fell out of there..." Zip it back up and head home, unpacking, and lo and behold my camera is gone. You've got to be kidding me. Upon further inspection, I find my charger is also conviently missing as well....well that's interesting... I've emailed Disney to see if by chance it fell out on the ME (and in hopes that they'll give me some major pixie dust and discount the photopass?) and am going to call the airline/cab company today to double check there, but we all know that it's not going to be found.

For those of you who have been reading since last May, you know that this camera was actually a replacement for one that got stolen from my work last year....I seriously have the worst luck with cameras. I checked the photopass pics out, and they're all decent, but I'm missing the ones with Merida.... *le sigh*

Hopefully things work out! On the plus side, I only used my camera for character pics, using my Iphone for everything else, so there's some hope for a TR haha. Needless to say, I will not be flying with American Airlines again.

Anyway, on with the show!

As I had said, getting cupcakes and then stopping for Beauty and the Beast has become a tradition of mine. It works out so that we don’t have to stop and halt our plans to eat our cupcakes, and it’s way to hard to wander around with the cupcakes being that size, not to mention it gives it time to digest before you’re on rides again haha.

I absolutely LOVE this show! I like the fact that they did “mash ups” of some of the songs to get them all in there, and not leave out Gaston. In case you haven’t read along on a previous TR, I’ll let ya in on a little secret, Gaston= my love. Lawl. Yup, there’s just something about him that I love, I think it’s the voice, the manliness haha. My mom even said when I was little “You would never be Belle, you would be one of those silly girls” SO TRUE. Anyway, on with the show!!

Look at all that fist pumping, it was clearly quite the party! I kid…I kid…. It was clearly not a party, and clearly that castle was in TROUBLE. Luckily, there’s more to come!!

Old 07-28-2012, 03:38 PM   #146
katt789
DIS Veteran

Part 2 & Some Terror!

See?! That castle was in trouble!!

BUT! True love always wins and prevails!

And there comes the fastest (probably most complicated) quick change of life….props to that backstage crew!

Overall thoughts of the show: it was good, neither the Gaston or the Belle were the best I’ve seen, and some of the dancers were definitely fantastic (there’s one blonde one who looks kind of like Chelsie Hightower from SYTYCD/DWTS) she’s great, always fantastic. But there were definitely some that were lacking, they’d had auditions enough time ago that there’s probably some new dancers in there, and to me (a fellow dancer) it just kinda stood out. Tanessa also noticed that one of the dancers looked A LOT like the “purple” guy from Hoop De Doo earlier in the trip. It could have been him? Who knows, we kinda tried to figure it out, maybe he was part time B&TB while he finished up his Hoop contract? That made most sense…if it was him… WHO KNOWS?!

We finished the show and headed out right away, and since we were there, and we had a fast pass for it, why not just head straight to Tower of Terror? Using the fast pass line, we were through in just about 5 minutes, and while we were down in the basement waiting to board the elevator, we saw a very particular sight….

Yup…that’s Phineas & Ferb down in the Tower of Terror ride, and they boarded an elevator (I think? Maybe we boarded and didn’t see what happened to them? I can’t remember now) Weird…weird weird weird….who knows why they were down there! And now onto the ride!

This ride was a whole lot better than the one earlier in the day, there were more and bigger drops than the first one, and it just had more thrill to it than this morning’s ride! Yay! We headed out of the hotel, and back down towards the hat with the intention of seeing Voyage of the Little Mermaid…the question is, would we make it there!?

Old 07-28-2012, 10:37 PM   #147
jane2073
DIS Veteran

Great update! How did the auditions go?
I was really curious about you seeing Phineas and Ferb in ToT so I googled it. As it turns out, you caught them filming 'A Summer to Remember at Disney Parks with Phineas andFerb'. I found the video on YouTube.

So cool!!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:22 AM   #148
shan23877

One of these days you and Maddie are gonna have to spend the day watching all of those shows that you two love.

I'm totally picturing Gaston hanging out with the kids from Jersey Shore now.

How crazy that P&F were riding ToT!

Can't wait to hear about the latest audition trip!
Old 07-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #149
katt789
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
Great update! How did the auditions go?
I was really curious about you seeing Phineas and Ferb in ToT so I googled it. As it turns out, you caught them filming 'A Summer to Remember at Disney Parks with Phineas andFerb'. I found the video on YouTube.

So cool!!
Thanks!! I'm glad you enjoyed it! You'll just have to wait around and see how they went! heehee. That's great to know!! I'll have to look it up and make sure to tell Tanessa, we were both so confused!!

Quote:
One of these days you and Maddie are gonna have to spend the day watching all of those shows that you two love.

I'm totally picturing Gaston hanging out with the kids from Jersey Shore now.

How crazy that P&F were riding ToT!

Can't wait to hear about the latest audition trip!
Hahaha!! Yes!! That'd be awesome! Lol..oh Gaston would fit right in with them!!

On the bright side, I've discovered a way to snag the pp pics, so I'll be able to start the TR relatively soon!!

Old 08-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #150
katt789
DIS Veteran

Counting Down to FUN!

I'm starting this post off with a little bit of excitement! As it is August 1st, that means there is 1 MONTH LEFT UNTIL DISNEY WOOOORRRRLLLDDDD. I am seriously so excited (even though I was there a week ago ha!) Which also means I have 1 month to finish this TR. Luckily I have updates typed up already, and yes, as I said, I was there last week. So I will have that TR to get through to, and ideally, I'd like to be done by the time I leave in Sept. Now that I've got your attention, a little life update:

#1:I've got job interviews left right and center right now, and things are looking pretty good, it looks like I'm going to officially be out of dinner theatre!!

#2: Even with 3 weeks off dance, ballroom class went fantastic yesterday, and I actually may have a hope at the competition in Oct!!

#3: My camera went missing from my luggage on the way home from Disney last week, and after talking to all the airports and airlines & Disney ME, it hasn't been located (I didn't expect it to. When the camera & the charger conveniently go missing together, it's not by chance) But my mom offered to go halfsies on a new camera with me!! YAY! Early Christmas present! Now, because of that, I need your help, what is your favorite point & shoot? I'm looking for one a little more high up than the "canon power shot elph 100" that I had, preferably with more zoom, but one that is still compact, and not a crazy photographer camera. Any ideas?!

#4: I love you all and hope you're having a magical day!

Well, that plan to see VOTLM, yeah, died as soon as we got down to Hollywood Boulevard, why, do you ask? Well because we had stumbled upon the Countdown to Fun Parade! Yay! I did not really have fond memories of this parade, as we got stuck behind it while trying to find food while it was scorching hot out, and we were all very hangry & getting grouchier by the moment. So, I figured it was about time to give it a second chance, right?!

What was my opinion on the parade this time around?! I loved it! Seriously! Sometimes when you go a while without seeing things, the next time you see it, there’s a whole new appreciation for it. And this was one of those times, I actually thoroughly enjoyed it, there was lots of energy, lots of characters, and it was a fun parade to watch!

Last edited by katt789; 08-01-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: