Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #91
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Hi girls!

Just for the record-I hide in the garage when I call Disney
Me too

amanda Those pics are great. I've never been to New Orleans, and the pictures are surreal. It's so nice!! LOVE the Goonies shirt...DH and I still watch it every time it comes on... Glad you got to sleep in, that's the bestest!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #92
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, it's so awesome to see your River Walk/French Quarter pictures because I went on a mission trip to New Orleans about five years ago and we visited both of those places. Aww, it's bringing back memories! So thanks for unintentionally brightening my day!

Looks like yall had such a great weekend!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #93
JLCJMC
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a great weekend I haven't been to New Orleans since before Katrina -- we had a fantastic few days there for a conference -- lots of fun -- I am so happy to see it revitalized after all the destruction! It is such a vibrant community -
Young Mr. Reid is as hansome as ever in his Easter photos --- love the Mickey tee --- very cute
Here's to a good week all around!
Old 04-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #94
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun in NO, and congrats to Ed on his excellent race time! I love New Orleans, and have many fun memories (and some hazy ones too! ) from trips we took there during grad school. It was only about 3 hours away from Pensacola, so it was a really fun weekend getaway. My DH used to fly a helicopter out there for training, and I'd go out and meet him, fun times!

The Easter photos of Reid are super cute, and he is looking so much older! It really is a little crazy to watch kids we "know" through TRs grow up!

ETA- here is some scuttlebutt about New Fantasyland- it may very well be open when we're down there! Fingers crossed! http://www.**********************.co...rmaid.html?m=1

Last edited by CandleontheWater; 04-09-2012 at 07:30 PM.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #95
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Hooray for a fun mini getaway. And I would say it's party of trip planning since your DH ran a race for a qualifying time for TOT

It is great to see the pictures of New Orleans and how the city looks now compared to pictures I saw from the destruction of Katrina

And side note, love the super heros from the Easter basket, we have that same set
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #96
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Thanks for the heads up... I never noticed the link in your sig.
Hi! Glad to have you here! I have a lot going on in my signature these days...it's a little busy!

Quote:
I think this trip sounds like fun. I hate running, but if I was going to run in a race, this ToT thing sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I'm glad Ed is excited about this trip, and I'm sure you'll be pretty excited about it as well by the time it rolls around.
I'm definitely starting to get more excited about the trip. I do think we're going to have a lot of fun. We'll get to experience a lot of "firsts" for us at Disney.

Quote:
I realize you've made ADR's so I'm too late, but I'd go Sci-Fi. I like the atmosphere, it is less expensive than Mama Melrose, and I prefer to eat Disney Italian food over in EPCOT... Are they still doing 2 F! shows? Catching the second show to avoid waiting worked well for us.
Yes, ADRs have been made. But, they can always be changed! So far, they're only showing 1 F! show on the schedule every night for the week we'll be there. I'm interested to see if that will change.

Quote:
Again, I'm too late, but I'd go ahead and eat at EPCOT on the anniversary night. It would be nice to say you were there that day, and as long as you have an ADR and just plan to go there to eat, the crowds shouldn't be that big of a concern.
1 more vote for Epcot on the Anniversary night! I can't wait to tell y'all what all I decided on!

Quote:
Whatever you do, don't skip Via Napoli... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I need a drooling smiley.
In trying to pick ADRs we'd really like to try, I remembered that there were 2 TRs I had read with rave reviews of Via Napoli....yours was definitely one of them!

Quote:
Sounds like a fun evening! I need to see that movie. I never really had much interest in it or the books until I decided to give it a chance when I was looking for something to read on our short vacation a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say I got hooked and after a few nights of reading until about 2 am, it didn't take long to finish the trilogy.
The books are really good, right?!? I was so surprised that even Ed read them quickly. The movie is definitely worth seeing!

Quote:
Then maybe I should go back and take back my completely useless advice!

Or maybe I'm the evil one and just helped make you start questioning your choices...
No advice is useless here!

Oh don't make me start questioning my choices....that would be truly evil since I do that enough on my own!

Quote:
Happy Easter!

It looks like you had a fun weekend. I'm glad to see Ed survived his run.
Happy Easter to your family as well!

We had a really nice weekend. I think Ed was happy to survive the race, also! He said the sun & humidity were very rough that morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
amanda Those pics are great. I've never been to New Orleans, and the pictures are surreal. It's so nice!! LOVE the Goonies shirt...DH and I still watch it every time it comes on... Glad you got to sleep in, that's the bestest!!!
Thanks! Y'all should plan a short, kid-free get away to New Orleans. Even if you don't like to party (which we are too old to do anymore ), there is still a lot to do & see. And tons of delicious food!

I'm the same way....if I see Goonies on, I have got to watch it! My favorite character is Data....I love him!

Sleeping in was glorious! I can't even really describe how great it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Oh my gosh, it's so awesome to see your River Walk/French Quarter pictures because I went on a mission trip to New Orleans about five years ago and we visited both of those places. Aww, it's bringing back memories! So thanks for unintentionally brightening my day!

Looks like yall had such a great weekend!
Awww, I'm so happy to have brightened your day! That's great that you got to do a mission trip there.

We did have a really nice weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCJMC View Post
Sounds like a great weekend I haven't been to New Orleans since before Katrina -- we had a fantastic few days there for a conference -- lots of fun -- I am so happy to see it revitalized after all the destruction! It is such a vibrant community -
It really was! I have to say that they've worked really hard to bring the city back to what it was before Katrina. Now, you can make a trip back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCJMC View Post
Young Mr. Reid is as hansome as ever in his Easter photos --- love the Mickey tee --- very cute
Here's to a good week all around!
Thank you! I love Target - you can get all sorts of great Disney shirts there for decent prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
It looks like you guys had a lot of fun in NO, and congrats to Ed on his excellent race time! I love New Orleans, and have many fun memories (and some hazy ones too! ) from trips we took there during grad school. It was only about 3 hours away from Pensacola, so it was a really fun weekend getaway. My DH used to fly a helicopter out there for training, and I'd go out and meet him, fun times!
Thank you! I know Ed wanted to do a little better on his race time but the sun & humidity were a killer that morning. I still think he did great!

Oh yes, I've have many a hazy memory from NO as well! That's great that y'all got to spend some great times there. We had a really nice time, even if we didn't party like we could've in our 20's.

Quote:
The Easter photos of Reid are super cute, and he is looking so much older! It really is a little crazy to watch kids we "know" through TRs grow up!
Thank you! Sometimes I just look at him & can't believe how much older he's getting. I know it's a good thing but it's hard too to let go of the "baby" in your child. I agree - it's amazing to watch these kids grow up through TRs. And a lot of our kids are only a year or two apart, so we'll probably be seeing them grow for awhile.

Quote:
ETA- here is some scuttlebutt about New Fantasyland- it may very well be open when we're down there! Fingers crossed! http://www.**********************.co...rmaid.html?m=1
WOW! That is very interesting! I don't want to get my hopes up too much....but I feel them lifted a bit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Hooray for a fun mini getaway. And I would say it's party of trip planning since your DH ran a race for a qualifying time for TOT
I like the way you think....we'll go with that....it is part of the trip since his time is being submitted to Disney!

Quote:
It is great to see the pictures of New Orleans and how the city looks now compared to pictures I saw from the destruction of Katrina
The city has definitely come a long way! The weather was great & it was a perfect weekend to be there, walking in the French Quarter.

Quote:
And side note, love the super heros from the Easter basket, we have that same set
I love that line of Superhero toys they've come out with! Santa brought Reid the Spiderman playset & a few action heroes to go with it. Then, we gave him the Millenium Falcon & the Star Wars figures for his bday. Well, the Easter Bunny brought him Cpt. America & Wolverine. I think he has almost all of them now. It's really a great line of toys for little boys!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #97
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Thanks! Y'all should plan a short, kid-free get away to New Orleans. Even if you don't like to party (which we are too old to do anymore ), there is still a lot to do & see. And tons of delicious food!

I'm the same way....if I see Goonies on, I have got to watch it! My favorite character is Data....I love him!

Sleeping in was glorious! I can't even really describe how great it was!
I'm setting booty traps

My DH will never forgive me for awakening him at 9am after doing EMH night hours when we went...perhaps N.O. is a good couple trip for us

Old 04-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #98
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Wow I love all those pics of New Orleans! We would love to visit someday, we will have to put that on our bucket list. Darn that bucket list, just keeps growing and growing! That is so nice that the grandparents let you two have a little weekend away! If they are anything like my parents, they probably had fun spoiling Reid. Thanks for the update!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #99
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm setting booty traps
LOVE IT!!!

Quote:
My DH will never forgive me for awakening him at 9am after doing EMH night hours when we went...perhaps N.O. is a good couple trip for us
Yes, tell him y'all could sleep in! No rush to get anywhere! Just don't come in the summer.....the heat & humidity are miserable....especially in the city!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Wow I love all those pics of New Orleans! We would love to visit someday, we will have to put that on our bucket list. Darn that bucket list, just keeps growing and growing!
I'd say it's definitely worth visiting...even for a short trip. I know what you mean about an ever-growing bucket list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
That is so nice that the grandparents let you two have a little weekend away! If they are anything like my parents, they probably had fun spoiling Reid. Thanks for the update!
I was really thankful to my mom & stepdad for keeping him. They did have a lot of fun with him. Of course, I couldn't get over what all they bought for him. I was like, "His birthday was just a few weeks ago, people!"
Old 04-11-2012, 09:22 AM   #100
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOVE IT!!!

Yes, tell him y'all could sleep in! No rush to get anywhere! Just don't come in the summer.....the heat & humidity are miserable....especially in the city!
Duly noted my friend, no summer trip.... When do we find out about these ADRs....

Old 04-11-2012, 10:07 AM   #101
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Duly noted my friend, no summer trip.... When do we find out about these ADRs....
I know....I need to get going on the trip details! I'm going to try to kick it off tonight. I've been consumed this week by trying to plan stuff for Teacher Appreciation week for Reid's 2 teachers. At his old school, they would just tell us what kind of gifts to bring each day for the teachers. Well, where he is now, they want the Room Mom to decide all of this & organize for the parents. His class only goes 2 days a week. So, at first, I was just going to tell everyone to bring something small (like flowers or a treat) on the Tuesday & then bring a little bit bigger gift on the Thursday. Some moms were good with this, they wanted to do their own thing (including myself). But now, I have other moms who basically don't want to think about it & just want me to tell them what to do or how much money to give. I don't know what to do! I have tons of ideas for individual gifts but nothing for class gifts. I'm so stressed about it! And the Appreciation week is the same week we should be moving into our new house. Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox/stress tirade.

ETA: I see your latest change! Congrats! Is this a final change?

Last edited by amandaw; 04-11-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #102
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

What wonderful pics of New Orleans...I will get there some day. Looks like you had a great weekend. And how cute is Reid? And that red MM shirt? Max's got the exact same one!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

tinacaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #103
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
What wonderful pics of New Orleans...I will get there some day. Looks like you had a great weekend.
Thanks! We had such a nice time! You should definitely make a trip one day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
And how cute is Reid? And that red MM shirt? Max's got the exact same one!
Thank you! That's funny.....gotta love Target, right?!?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:12 AM   #104
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know....I need to get going on the trip details! I'm going to try to kick it off tonight. I've been consumed this week by trying to plan stuff for Teacher Appreciation week for Reid's 2 teachers. At his old school, they would just tell us what kind of gifts to bring each day for the teachers. Well, where he is now, they want the Room Mom to decide all of this & organize for the parents. His class only goes 2 days a week. So, at first, I was just going to tell everyone to bring something small (like flowers or a treat) on the Tuesday & then bring a little bit bigger gift on the Thursday. Some moms were good with this, they wanted to do their own thing (including myself). But now, I have other moms who basically don't want to think about it & just want me to tell them what to do or how much money to give. I don't know what to do! I have tons of ideas for individual gifts but nothing for class gifts. I'm so stressed about it! And the Appreciation week is the same week we should be moving into our new house. Okay, I'm getting off my soapbox/stress tirade.

ETA: I see your latest change! Congrats! Is this a final change?
OOOOOOHHHHHH new house move Since you love TARGET...ho bout a Target Giftcard for the big gift. The moms can give $5 and most teachers love Target too....that's what I usually give, and you can make a basket to go with it, with little goodies...easy peasy...

And it's always my final change I hope so I am super excited, and the kids all agree we should do GF..when you're ready to update we are here awaiting....in the meantime vent away...we are all here for you BTW I think Class moms rock!!! Thanks for all you do!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #105
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OOOOOOHHHHHH new house move Since you love TARGET...ho bout a Target Giftcard for the big gift. The moms can give $5 and most teachers love Target too....that's what I usually give, and you can make a basket to go with it, with little goodies...easy peasy...

And it's always my final change I hope so I am super excited, and the kids all agree we should do GF..when you're ready to update we are here awaiting....in the meantime vent away...we are all here for you BTW I think Class moms rock!!! Thanks for all you do!!!
Yes, we should be closing on the house May 1st & will be moving in slowly starting that weekend. I'm starting to stress out a bit with the house stuff, Teacher Appreciation week, end of the year class party, etc....

But, it will all come together. I do like the Target gift card idea. I need to try & talk to some of the moms & see what everyone wants to do.

Final change, huh? I think I saw on the RC thread that you've added 3 nights.....at Poly! Good for you! Y'all are going to have a fantastic trip!

I promise to do an update soon! I just want to make sure the DIS is working right before I try to post some long update. Y'all stick around!

Awww, thank you for your sweet words about class moms! It's been fun getting to be there for so much stuff for Reid. It definitely is work & a little bit of stress at times. But, I wouldn't change it!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: