Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 09:26 PM   #1006
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi46re129 View Post
It sounds like it was a good idea to cancel CP. You will just have to move that to the top of the list for next time!
As much as I hate to cancel it, I do think it's the best thing for us.

Quote:
Love the treat bags!!! I have noticed Micheal's is the best for finding $1 Disney stuff! Target is pretty good too but around here it can be hit or miss.
Thank you!! I have to say that our Target has a great $1 section. One of things I like is that they always have Disney books.

Quote:
Posting the pop up hamper reminded me I have not packed ours yet for the cruise! Love bringing a hamper on all vacays.. Do you have 5 Below by you? I usually find ours there and they also have Disney stuff from time to time.
I don't think we have a 5 Below near us. If we do, I'm completely unaware. I feel so behind the times by just now bringing a pop-up hamper on vacation. I do think it'll make things a lot easier for me.

Quote:
I hope you guys have a fantastic vacation! Looking forward to your TR!
Thank you so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
I sure hope that the threat of missing the trip helps. Of course you can't cancel at the last minute! Plus, you and Ed deserve the trip.
I hope between that threat & the privileges I've taken away, it will encourage him to behave better. We really do need this trip.....especially Ed. He has been working ridiculously hard lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Hoping for the best for you--kids can be so frustrating. Why do they always act that way at the worst possible times?
Thank you!! They really do act up at the worst times, don't they?!?
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #1007
SEASONK
Mouseketeer

I feel your pain, Briar has been acting that way the past few days, i told this morning at the bus stop that if he didn't adjust his attitude we would leave him with his grammy in 2 weeks. Hopefully that will work, I have already taken away his Xbox and iPod touch. I think he is just tired from being in school for 7 weeks, tonight he showered, brushed his teeth and went to bed 30 mins early (all without me telling him to).
WL ~ Dec 2010
CBR ~ Oct 2012
SEASONK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #1008
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEASONK View Post
I feel your pain, Briar has been acting that way the past few days, i told this morning at the bus stop that if he didn't adjust his attitude we would leave him with his grammy in 2 weeks. Hopefully that will work, I have already taken away his Xbox and iPod touch. I think he is just tired from being in school for 7 weeks, tonight he showered, brushed his teeth and went to bed 30 mins early (all without me telling him to).
I'm at least glad to know Reid isn't the only one. I've taken away all electronic usage: ipad, computer, iphone. And he's not allowed to watch any TV until he can show me he can behave well. He has a birthday party to go to tomorrow for a classmate. If he has a really bad day today, he may not be allowed to go.

I talked to his teacher when I dropped him off. She did say that a lot of them have been having trouble at school lately. She said one thing is that all the boys in the class are "rough & tumble" kind of boys. But, she also said that a lot of them have been going home sick lately: fever, tummy ache. Great. Just what I need. She said she's making them wash their hands more often & she is putting the soap in their hands instead of everyone touching the bottle. I'm praying we all stay well.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:43 PM   #1009
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Just had to come here to wish you a happy trip!! I love the bags you have planned for Reid!!! As for CP.. as Betsy noted, we had that happen in December. I kept mine... and I still got to get into the park before opening. It was still magical... but yes, we lost out on some park time.

Oh and children's attitude?!!!! Yeah!!! Mine is HORRIBLE! Add in that she has her medical stuff that she is being defiant and rebellious with...and it has been bad around here in the mornings!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:31 PM   #1010
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

You know I fully support the idea of cancelling CP for morning park time. I think that's probably the best decision in that situation.

The treat bags look like a great idea. Hopefully they'll be enough to keep Reid occupied on the drive.

Thursday will be here soon, have a great time!
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #1011
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw
They really do act up at the worst times, don't they?!?
They sure do...
you and ed really need this trip.....
Thursday!!!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
pas130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:15 PM   #1012
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Amanda!!!!

I'm glad you were able to make a satisfactory decision on CP. I think you will be character-meal'ed out by then.

Love the goody bags for Reid. Room on the Broom is one of our all-time favorite books!

Awww - your trip is so close. I can't wait for you to get back!
RGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #1013
ShannonMarie
Mouseketeer

I love the idea of the pop up hamper. Now I need to go to Joannes. Like right now! Although I will still have to fold it all to put in the suitcase but I still like the idea. I have been checking the forecast daily. Have you?
Old 09-23-2012, 08:51 PM   #1014
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I got really behind, but I totally would have suggested canceling Crystal Palace as well. So hooray.

Your bags for Reid are so cute! That neck pillow is hilarious!

I honestly can't believe your trip is THIS WEEK. When did that happen??? Seriously.

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #1015
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Just had to come here to wish you a happy trip!! I love the bags you have planned for Reid!!! As for CP.. as Betsy noted, we had that happen in December. I kept mine... and I still got to get into the park before opening. It was still magical... but yes, we lost out on some park time.

Oh and children's attitude?!!!! Yeah!!! Mine is HORRIBLE! Add in that she has her medical stuff that she is being defiant and rebellious with...and it has been bad around here in the mornings!!!
Thanks!! I hope y'all have a safe & magical trip, too!

Must be something going on with all our kids acting up right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
You know I fully support the idea of cancelling CP for morning park time. I think that's probably the best decision in that situation.

The treat bags look like a great idea. Hopefully they'll be enough to keep Reid occupied on the drive.

Thursday will be here soon, have a great time!
I'm happy with our decision to cancel CP. I don't think I would have been happy knowing the park was open & I was stuffing my face.

Thanks! I hope the treat bags will do the trick for keeping him happy & occupied. I will also secretly have a secret weapon - the new Avengers movie!

Thanks! I'm so ready for Thursday to get here already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
They sure do...
you and ed really need this trip.....
Thursday!!!!!!
We do need this trip! Thankfully, Reid had a very good day at school on Friday. Let's hope this is a good week for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Hi Amanda!!!!

I'm glad you were able to make a satisfactory decision on CP. I think you will be character-meal'ed out by then.

Love the goody bags for Reid. Room on the Broom is one of our all-time favorite books!

Awww - your trip is so close. I can't wait for you to get back!
I am happy with our CP decision. And you're right - it's not like we're lacking in the character meal department.

Thanks! I'm happy with the way the bags turned out. I think he'll like Room on the Broom.

I'm so ready to go already. I think my brain is already in the Magic Kingdom riding It's a Small World.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonMarie View Post
I love the idea of the pop up hamper. Now I need to go to Joannes. Like right now! Although I will still have to fold it all to put in the suitcase but I still like the idea. I have been checking the forecast daily. Have you?
I think that hamper would easily fit in a suitcase. It really does fold down pretty flat. I'm trying not to check the weather too much. But, yeah, I've seen it. Hopefully, like most times, it will be better than the predicted forecast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Okay, so I got really behind, but I totally would have suggested canceling Crystal Palace as well. So hooray.

Your bags for Reid are so cute! That neck pillow is hilarious!

I honestly can't believe your trip is THIS WEEK. When did that happen??? Seriously.
I'm glad I made the right decision about CP!

Thanks! I had fun making his little bags. And I just fell in love with that neck pillow when I saw it.

I know, right?!? Thursday just really, really needs to get here now!!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:43 AM   #1016
pas130
DIS Veteran

Reid...

Three more days and you can take Mommy & Daddy to runDisney!!! Please be a super good boy, Santa is watching!

Hope that works Amanda & Ed

Old 09-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #1017
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Reid...

Three more days and you can take Mommy & Daddy to runDisney!!! Please be a super good boy, Santa is watching!

Hope that works Amanda & Ed
Thanks for the help! Hopefully that will do the trick!

Knock on wood.....he has been a really good boy since last Friday.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:03 PM   #1018
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I can't believe that your trip is almost here! I'm so excited for you, and I cannot wait to hear all about it.

If I don't get back here: safe travels! and have an AMAZING trip.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:26 PM   #1019
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say....HAVE A WONDERFUL TRIP AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR RUN!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #1020
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw

Thanks for the help! Hopefully that will do the trick!

Knock on wood.....he has been a really good boy since last Friday.
He knows.... LOL

Safe travels Amanda..have a magical trip!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: