Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #76
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
That's so much fun that you get to help plan the DL trip for your co-worker! I bet she'll really appreciate it! And, hopefully, the other one will let you help plan his WDW trip.

I actually haven't heard too much about the Expansion here lately. Still a lot of rumors swirling about as to when Be Our Guest & Little Mermaid will open. Some say August, some say October. I'm telling you - it will all open the week after we're there! That's just my luck!
Ugh - I hope you get to experience at least SOME of it during your trip! And not *just* because I want to read about it!!!!
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:21 PM   #77
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Ugh - I hope you get to experience at least SOME of it during your trip! And not *just* because I want to read about it!!!!
Me, too! But, if it's not open, I'm plotting on how/when I can see it. In fact, I've already thought about the Saturday we get off of the Fantasy next year, going to Disney for a day & night before going home just to do MK!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #78
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Me, too! But, if it's not open, I'm plotting on how/when I can see it. In fact, I've already thought about the Saturday we get off of the Fantasy next year, going to Disney for a day & night before going home just to do MK!
Um, of course!!!!! How could you not???????????

Hmmm, now you have me . Surely, there is some way that we can get there again at least by next year.........
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #79
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Hi girls!

Just for the record-I hide in the garage when I call Disney
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:24 PM   #81
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Just got caught back up!! Happy b-day to your little guy! I am also so excited to find out about Be our Guest....oh the suspense!

BTW, when I hid in our ensuite bathroom to do our ADR's at 6 am, my middle DD came into our bedroom asked DH why I was locked in the bathroom. Quick thinker he is, said "she's going poo poo". DD says "What!!! Mommy doesn't do that in the morning only you!!"

Too funny, and I am listening to this while trying to enter all our info on the computer without making a mistake! Yikes...
Old 04-08-2012, 12:46 PM   #82
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Hi girls!

Just for the record-I hide in the garage when I call Disney
OMG - too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Just got caught back up!! Happy b-day to your little guy! I am also so excited to find out about Be our Guest....oh the suspense!
Thank you! I wish they would just go ahead & release the opening date already! At least then I owuld know if I could go or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
BTW, when I hid in our ensuite bathroom to do our ADR's at 6 am, my middle DD came into our bedroom asked DH why I was locked in the bathroom. Quick thinker he is, said "she's going poo poo". DD says "What!!! Mommy doesn't do that in the morning only you!!"

Too funny, and I am listening to this while trying to enter all our info on the computer without making a mistake! Yikes...
That is hilarious! I would've lost it & been laughing!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:47 PM   #83
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

subbing in, oh the suspense in the ADR's you booked

I had the same online booking trouble you did glad you got everything you wanted

Your little one is adorable
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

JPFamilyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:43 PM   #84
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
subbing in, oh the suspense in the ADR's you booked
Welcome! Oh yes, I figured I needed a little mystery to keep everyone around.

Quote:
I had the same online booking trouble you did glad you got everything you wanted
Thanks! Isn't that the craziest thing though with the online ADR system? I was so frustrated that morning!

Quote:
Your little one is adorable
Thank you!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #85
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Weekend update

Happy Easter Everybody!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I know I need to get going on trip details, but since we still have a little over 5 months I figured I'd do an update about our weekend first.

Our weekend started on Friday. We drove to my mom's house to drop off Reid for the night. From there, Ed & I headed to New Orleans. He had registered to run in a 10K race on the Saturday morning in order to get a qualifying time for the ToT race at Disney. So, we checked into the hotel around 1pm & our room was ready. This was the view from our room:

That's the Mississippi River in the distance. We got settled & headed out to grab a quick bite for lunch. We got to go to the Expo for the race for Ed to pick up a couple of shirts. And then we headed back out. We went here and did a litte bit of shopping:

I picked up this shirt for myself:

Goonies is one of my all time favorite movies! I can't say how much I love that movie!

Now, outside of the Riverwalk there are sometimes cruise ships docked for Carnival or Royal Caribbean. But, today there was this ship:

There were people boarding with luggage. I think it does a cruise up & down the Mississippi River.

From there, we headed into the French Quarter to do some walking, shopping, & sightseeing. Here's a little walking tour for y'all:

This is Jackson Square and St. Louis Cathedral:

We stopped for a bit to listen to this band play. They were quite good:

You'll find all sorts of artists & entertainers in the Quarter. And in Jackson Square you will find lots & lots of palm & tarot card readers.

And then, we ended up here for dinner:

Yes, with all of the fabulous food in New Orleans, we ended up at a chain restaurant. But, what can I say? I'm a big Jimmy Buffett fan! The food was good as always. And so were the pina coladas!

From there, we walked the Quarter some more & then headed back to the hotel. Ed got up on the Saturday morning & ran the race. He told me to stay at the hotel & just sleep in. (*Thank you Ed! I know you'll be lurking at some point to read this!) It was a glorious morning getting to sleep until 9:40! Ed was back at the hotel by 10:15am. He showered, we checked out & headed back to the Quarter to grab a bite for lunch. Here are just a few more pics from that day:

We stopped to listen to this band. They were incredible:

We then headed back to my mom's to pick up Mr. Reid. He missed us but he had a great time being spoiled at Grammy & PawPaw's.

Today, we spent a nice, relaxing day at home. Of course, the Easter Bunny had passed for Reid:

And then, we spent the day playing around outside:

Thank y'all for letting me side track on our mini-kid-free-getaway! I had every intention of doing this update plus my 1st update of trip details tonight. However, I got started later than I anticipated. So, I promise that the next update will be the 1st set of trip details!
Old 04-09-2012, 01:34 AM   #86
WDWCPALUM03
Mouseketeer

I'm so glad I found this report, I loved your trip report last summer. It was one of the first ones I found and read along with when I joined these boards! Reid is still as cute as ever!

10/2011 Pop Century The Trip we dicovered Julia's Obsession with Stitch!
11/2012 POP 11 Days of Disney Fun MNSSHP & MVMCP!

4/2013 11 Days of Flower & Garden!
WDWCPALUM03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:17 AM   #87
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCPALUM03 View Post
I'm so glad I found this report, I loved your trip report last summer. It was one of the first ones I found and read along with when I joined these boards!
It's so nice to see you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWCPALUM03 View Post
Reid is still as cute as ever!
Thank you!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #88
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Hope you guys had a great weekend! I love New Orleans, so I was really glad to see your pictures.

Love, love, love your Goonies shirt. I'm always looking for cool vintageish t-shirts for me and DH.

Ahhh the luxury of sleeping in! How did Ed do in the race?

Looks like you had a nice relaxing Easter.
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 11:14 AM   #89
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope you guys had a great weekend! I love New Orleans, so I was really glad to see your pictures.
We really had a nice time. It was a nice get away, even if it was just for a night. It's sad that we live just a couple of hours from New Orleans but haven't gone in quite a few years. I think that'll change though since Ed really enjoyed the race.

Quote:
Love, love, love your Goonies shirt. I'm always looking for cool vintageish t-shirts for me and DH.
I was sooo excited when I saw it. I have the hardest time buying stuff for myself so Ed made me get it. If you ever get back to New Orleans, there is a store in the Riverwalk called "Road Trip". They have all sorts of cool vintage merchandise from the 50's - 90's.

Quote:
Ahhh the luxury of sleeping in! How did Ed do in the race?
It was an amazing feeling to sleep in & just wake up on my own! Ed did well. The sun & heat was brutal that morning but he still finished the 6.2 whatever miles right at an hour. That gave him a pace of 10 minutes/mile. If he didn't have a qualifying time for Disney, they would just put him in the last corals with pace times of 16 minutes/mile. So, hopefully, with this finish time he should be able to start at least a little bit ahead of the last corals at ToT. The person who won the race ran it in 28 minutes & some seconds! It was a pace of like 4 1/2 minutes/mile. I can't even imagine!

Quote:
Looks like you had a nice relaxing Easter.
We really did - it was nice & quiet. Just a good family day for the 3 of us. I hope y'all had a good Easter as well!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #90
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Thanks for the heads up... I never noticed the link in your sig.

I think this trip sounds like fun. I hate running, but if I was going to run in a race, this ToT thing sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I'm glad Ed is excited about this trip, and I'm sure you'll be pretty excited about it as well by the time it rolls around.

Quote:
Ok, this was longwinded (sorry) but it comes down to this: Sci-Fi or Mama Melrose? F! package or not?
I realize you've made ADR's so I'm too late, but I'd go Sci-Fi. I like the atmosphere, it is less expensive than Mama Melrose, and I prefer to eat Disney Italian food over in EPCOT... Are they still doing 2 F! shows? Catching the second show to avoid waiting worked well for us.

Quote:
Ok, to recap situation #2: Do we:
- brave Epcot on the anniversary just for dinner OR
- lunch at Epcot instead of Beaches & Cream OR
- do Chefs & Via in one day at Epcot
Again, I'm too late, but I'd go ahead and eat at EPCOT on the anniversary night. It would be nice to say you were there that day, and as long as you have an ADR and just plan to go there to eat, the crowds shouldn't be that big of a concern.

Whatever you do, don't skip Via Napoli... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I need a drooling smiley.

Quote:
Last night, Ed & I were fortunate enough to have my mom come stay with Reid so that we could have a date. We went & saw the Hunger Games movie. We both loved the books & I have to say that we loved the movie, too! It's just very long! And after our movie, we stopped at a local Mexican restaurant for dinner & a drink. It was all very yummy....especially my pina colada! What can I say? The warm weather has me feeling summery!
Sounds like a fun evening! I need to see that movie. I never really had much interest in it or the books until I decided to give it a chance when I was looking for something to read on our short vacation a couple of weeks ago. Needless to say I got hooked and after a few nights of reading until about 2 am, it didn't take long to finish the trilogy.

Quote:
And yes, I'm going to be completely evil & not tell y'all right now what exactly I was able to book. *insert evil laugh*
Then maybe I should go back and take back my completely useless advice!

Or maybe I'm the evil one and just helped make you start questioning your choices...

Quote:
Happy Easter Everybody!
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Happy Easter!

It looks like you had a fun weekend. I'm glad to see Ed survived his run.

Last edited by afwdwfan; 04-09-2012 at 12:12 PM.
afwdwfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: