Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #751
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Yay for Reid!!!
Thanks! He is really loving karate!

Quote:
You might want to grab the fast passes first. I think with TT being closed, more people are going to flock here to get the fast passes. (they do normally) What other rides are there that have fast passes? I guess you would be giving up your chance for MS... but you don't like that one... and Maelstrom but.. I have never found we needed a fast pass for this.
You're right....I hadn't really thought about all that. We definitely wouldn't be hurting ourselves by just grabbing the Soarin FPs first. Yeah, I think we'll grab the FPs first. Thanks for pointing that out to me, seriously! I hadn't thought about it that way.

Quote:
I know, right!!! So disappointing.
I just don't understand what all they're doing & why it's taking so long. Especially if the track isn't changing.

Quote:
I think the line is always long. We have only done it once because of that.
I really need try to hit that place up very early. We've never done it because it just gets too crowded there.

Quote:
There is just something about that ride... we really love it too. I don't know why.
I know, right?!? I've loved that ride since I was a kid & when to Disney for the 1st time in 1987. My dad & I rode it a few times. It really makes me happy that Reid loved it last year.

Quote:
I read a rumor that this is one of the rides that may end up closing. I really hope not. I love figment. And that ride is fun.
WHAT?!? NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Like, they may close it for good? I don't know who would be more upset - myself or Reid.

Quote:
I actually like the boat ride in the Mexican Pavilion more than IASM I also love Maelstrom. The first time I ever rode, dh convinced me (last minute) that we were about to go over the falls. I was sooooo worked up. I hate falling and getting wet to boot would have been a bit tragic for me at that particular moment.
I have not been on the boat ride in Mexico since high school. We won't talk about how long ago that was. Goodness, I'm getting old. I have always loved Maelstrom! I don't know why but it just makes me happy.

Quote:
I have yet to look at the kiosk menues... I am so behind on my planning
Oh my....you should print them out & take a gander! There is some yummy looking items on them!

Quote:
Good job!!!!
Thank you!!

Quote:
I think sharing will be a great. You will be able to try more things that way!
I think it's the best plan of attack so that we can try the things we want without being too full for dinner that night. Hopefully, our plan works out well.

Quote:
We love Agent P...so this will be a must for us too. I was a bit disappointed in December. We had never done a KP mission... planned to... but WS was soo packed it made it hard to do more than one..so we barely got 2 done. My goal will be to do more than just 2 of the Agent P ones.
We had never done the KP thing. I really think Reid will enjoy since it's centered around Agent P now. He really loves him. Hopefully, it will help to keep him happy while we're sampling yummy food.

Quote:
I have wanted to meet more characters in WS...but somehow I always miss them... except for Marie. Marie is easy to find and see.
We've never done any character meets in EPCOT. Reid likes meeting characters but he's not obsessed with it. I would say the rides are more his thing. But, I'm really hoping we'll do some meets in EPCOT this year. I would love to meet Marie! Aristocats has always been one of my favorite stories/movies.

Quote:
I too have heard only good things. I have never been... but pasta and pizza are our "lazy foods" Can't think of dinner.. make up some pasta or order pizza. It isn't a food that we normally go "OMG, if only I could eat some (insert what ever kind of pasta dish or pizza).
All 3 of us are HUGE pizza lovers! Seriously - I think my family could eat pizza almost every day. So, Via Napoli better not disappoint!

Quote:
I would say to watch the cancelation thread. I have always been able to pick up a wanted ADR that way. You never know what people are going to cancel..and that thread is great cause you get a heads up.
I forgot about those cancellation threads! I really need to go subscribe to the October thread. Thank you for that tip as well! You are one very helpful lady!

Quote:
Poor guy! Hopefully, the headphones work.
I know. He is extremely sensitive to noises. He was born with a hearing loss in his right ear. He couldn't hear high pitches. His hearing is now fine, which is great. But, the ENT thinks his ears overcompensated to correct for that loss & now he's sensitive. He has a tendency to want to cover his ears for everything. I try to uncover them & help him get used to sounds that aren't abnormally loud.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #752
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
This update wasn't boring at all! Silly.
Aww, thanks! When I wrote it, I felt like it would just put people to sleep.

Quote:
I bet yall will find some wonderful things at the Food and Wine festival! I'm actually quite positive that you'll have to wait for a table at VN! I hope you enjoy it!
I really think we'll be able to make a very yummy lunch from the different kiosks.

You know - you're right! I bet we will have a wait for our table at VN! I figured a little more time to let our lunch go down won't hurt!

Quote:
Aww, hopefully the headphones will work for Reid. I feel like the IllumiNations fireworks are even louder, just because of the fact that they're shot off RIGHT there in the lagoon! Does he do well with ear plugs?
I hope the headphones will make them better for him. He does enjoy watching them. Last year, we stayed Club Level at WL. Our room was right at the end of the hallway. Well, almost every night, him & I would go to the windows at the end of the hall & watch Wishes. He loved it because you couldn't really hear the noise but we had a nice view of the lovely fireworks.

I've tried once to put earplugs in his ears. Yeah, that didn't go well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonGirl View Post
Hi Amanda -

Just skimmed through your whole thread (I totally admit to being a thread skimmer) and I just wanted to say congrats with your running! It is a love/hate relationship but I bet you will catch the running bug at Disney!
Hi & Welcome!!

Thank you so much! I really appreciate that!

I really wish I could love running a little more. I'm a huge music lover so I thought I would easily love running since I could listen to my music while I do it. But, I haven't been able to get "lost" in my music while I run. If I could break through that barrier and get lost in my tunes, I probably would love running. Or at least I would closer.

Quote:
I started running just over 2 years ago (tax day of 2010), when I was a fat size 18 and laughed at the idea of ever running for anything. I started slow with lots of walking, I now I am a slim size 8 with tons of endurance and I run between 5-8 miles every day just for fun, at about a 11 minutes per mile average pace. And for training - I ran the Wine&Dine Half in 2011, the Princess Half just a few months ago (on my honeymoon!) and will be running the Disneyland Half on September 2, just a few days after my 32nd birthday. I am in the best shape I have ever been, and I love it.
And a big Congrats to you! WOW! That is fantastic that you have done all of that. I do think I'll keep up with the running. Especially if it continues to get me back to Disney.

Another Congrats for your recent wedding! That's wonderful! I really wanted to do the Princess Half next year but it's just not in the cards.

Best of luck to you for the Disneyland Half!

Quote:
I bet you anything after you guys do the ToT weekend, you will be itching to do the Wine&Dine (perfect for adults), or maybe the Disneyworld Half, or possibly the Everest Challenge.
I need to check out the info on the Everest Challenge. Is that the one in May? We are already considering going back for ToT next year. But, we'll just have to see how that works with our son starting school.

Quote:
Have lots of fun and congrats again on getting involved with fitness that way!

-- Carey
Thank you so very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I was actually thinking about that earlier I should email them politely giving out about their selection and suggesting that I would fix it for them but only if they keep me
Don't feel too bad about them not giving authentic selections from Ireland. If it makes you feel better, on the list of craft beers, they spelled the state I live in incorrectly. They should at least know how to spell the states in our country. Yes, this really has bugged me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
I was going to say that maybe only check out the scenery when your DH isn't looking! Aws everytime I hear Via Napoli now in my head I hear "Hi, my name is Andrea. I am from Verona and I will be your waiter" in that little Italien accent! melt much
Are there any female waitresses there? I need to know if I need to put in a request for a male waiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Right??? I think I would get married if I thought I would get a SIL like that!
Exactly! My SILs are definitely not like that. Yes, I know Ed reads this thread but he wouldn't be able to argue with me about this. And, he definitely didn't get a SIL like that either.

Quote:
Thank you! You can live vicariously with me until we get to see the Expansion in person.
Yes, I will have to do that.

Quote:
I will message you info this weekend. I am good with most of the planning, but I feel pretty clueless about all the expansion stuff.
That sounds great! I'll definitely be checking in here on the weekend.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 07:00 AM   #753
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

I loved F&WF! I wish we were going this year Yay for Via Napoli I have never dined there but hear such wonderful things about this restaurant. We'll be trying it out in a few weeks

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
mommys3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #754
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Thanks for pointing that out to me, seriously! I hadn't thought about it that way.
No problem. I just hear how fast those go... so thought I would mention it.

Quote:
WHAT?!? NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Like, they may close it for good? I don't know who would be more upset - myself or Reid.
Again, it was only in the "rumor" category. There are a number of rides that are suspect to not be long for this world. Ellen's World of Energy (or whatever the name), Country Bear Jamboree and Journey into Imagination were the ones thought to probably be phased out. I enjoy all three of them and so would be sad to see any go.

Quote:

Oh my....you should print them out & take a gander! There is some yummy looking items on them!
I will have to!!

Quote:
We had never done the KP thing. I really think Reid will enjoy since it's centered around Agent P now. He really loves him. Hopefully, it will help to keep him happy while we're sampling yummy food.
When we did the KP mission that we did in December, it actually frustrated dd quite a bit and she needed some help with the kimunicator. Normally she is pretty good with devices.. can use a phone..remote..etc. It just was a bit more tricky for her for some reason.

Quote:
I forgot about those cancellation threads! I really need to go subscribe to the October thread. Thank you for that tip as well! You are one very helpful lady!
helpful? Or nosy?

Quote:

I know. He is extremely sensitive to noises. He was born with a hearing loss in his right ear. He couldn't hear high pitches. His hearing is now fine, which is great. But, the ENT thinks his ears overcompensated to correct for that loss & now he's sensitive. He has a tendency to want to cover his ears for everything. I try to uncover them & help him get used to sounds that aren't abnormally loud.
Again, poor guy.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #755
megan511
Mouseketeer

Your evening at Epcot sounds fun!

I hope Reid likes the agent P game. Anthony likes him too.

Via Napoli looks really good! I hope you all enjoy your meal there.

Aww poor Reid. I hope the fireworks aren't too loud for him & you can find a way for all of you to enjoy them.

I am so sorry you were disappointed about new Fantasyland. That's funny that your anniversary is Dec 6th, it s Chad's birthday & our anniversary is the 11th. We may have had a bounce back offer in our room in May and planned an anniversary trip Due to recent circumstances though it is very up in the air

I hope things get a little easier for you soon. I think we can all kind of relate to family drama but I hope things settle down.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:03 PM   #756
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Oh, I'm so happy you're trying Via Napolli! I want to eat there so badly, and I can't wait to hear what you think of it!!

Aww, poor Reid! Fireworks are very loud, especially in Disney!! I hope he's still able to enjoy how pretty they are!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #757
CandleontheWater
Forever in love with Hathaway Browne

I'm sorry you were upset over the expansion opening date. I'm really sorry it didn't work out that it opened while you were there. I hope you get to go back sooner as opposed to later! I don't think its silly at all to get upset about things like that, we're all emotionally involved in Disney, so I think we all understand!

Oh boy, Via Napoli! I think I'm going to regret not getting an ADR there for my next trip, but I can't imagine tearing myself away from the F&W booths to eat anywhere else. I'm going to make it a priority ADR if we end up going for my Dad's 60th in April.

I think your afternoon around WS sounds like fun! I bet Reid will have fun with Agent P (or at least appreciate a cell phone he can actually be in control of), and meeting Beast sounds perfect. I'm not sure what we are going to do about character meet and greets this trip, but I bet Beast would be one that Everett would really enjoy. We watch that movie at least once a week.
CandleontheWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #759
fi46re129
Mouseketeer

Your Epcot day sounds awesome!! Love F&W but it is so hard to decide on what to get at each booth!! I have not been to Via Napoli yet but I keep hearing amazing things.. Ill have to add it to the 2013 trip list.

I bet Reid will love the Agent P game! What little boy doesn't love electronics and games!

Hopefully Reid enjoys the fireworks! Headphones sound like a great idea!

1995 ASSR, 1998 ASSR, 2002 Off Property, 2003 CR, 2008 Music, 2010 CS, 2010 Music, 2011 CBR, 2013 ASSR & POFQ
fi46re129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #760
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommys3 View Post
I loved F&WF! I wish we were going this year Yay for Via Napoli I have never dined there but hear such wonderful things about this restaurant. We'll be trying it out in a few weeks
I'm really excited to see what F&W is all about!

Can't wait to hear what you think of Via Napoli! Most people here seem to love it!

Quote:
No problem. I just hear how fast those go... so thought I would mention it.
I really appreciate it. I wasn't thinking about how fast they go & that I don't really need FP's for anything else.

Quote:
Again, it was only in the "rumor" category. There are a number of rides that are suspect to not be long for this world. Ellen's World of Energy (or whatever the name), Country Bear Jamboree and Journey into Imagination were the ones thought to probably be phased out. I enjoy all three of them and so would be sad to see any go.
Oh man, I really hope that is just a rumor. I'm ok with Country Bears & Ellen going away. We don't ever do those anyway. But, Figment is a big favorite for both Reid & myself. We would be so sad if they took him away!

Quote:
When we did the KP mission that we did in December, it actually frustrated dd quite a bit and she needed some help with the kimunicator. Normally she is pretty good with devices.. can use a phone..remote..etc. It just was a bit more tricky for her for some reason.
Poor thing! I hope Reid can do it okay.

Quote:
helpful? Or nosy?
Definitely helpful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
Your evening at Epcot sounds fun!
Thanks! Hopefully, it will be fun but not rushed.

Quote:

I hope Reid likes the agent P game. Anthony likes him too.
I hope he will, too. I want to try to find something to make WS a little more fun/interesting for him. And, of course, that will give us more time there to try out the F&W kiosks.

Quote:

Via Napoli looks really good! I hope you all enjoy your meal there.
I'm excited to try out Via Napoli. Seems like a lot of people like that place.

Quote:

Aww poor Reid. I hope the fireworks aren't too loud for him & you can find a way for all of you to enjoy them.
He's so sensitive to sounds. I really hope the headphones will help him.

Quote:

I am so sorry you were disappointed about new Fantasyland. That's funny that your anniversary is Dec 6th, it s Chad's birthday & our anniversary is the 11th. We may have had a bounce back offer in our room in May and planned an anniversary trip Due to recent circumstances though it is very up in the air
Thanks. I can't believe y'alls anniversary is right by ours! We'll make 13 years this December.

I'm sorry to hear that the anniversary trip is up in the air. I hope everything gets worked out & that y'all are still able to go.

Quote:

I hope things get a little easier for you soon. I think we can all kind of relate to family drama but I hope things settle down.
Thank you! Things are slowly settling down with the family drama.....thankfully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Oh, I'm so happy you're trying Via Napolli! I want to eat there so badly, and I can't wait to hear what you think of it!!
I'm really excited to give it a try! We enjoyed Rose & Crown last year but I was a little sad that we had gotten rid of our Via Napoli ADR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Aww, poor Reid! Fireworks are very loud, especially in Disney!! I hope he's still able to enjoy how pretty they are!!
I really hope the headphones will be the key in him being able to enjoy fireworks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleontheWater View Post
I'm sorry you were upset over the expansion opening date. I'm really sorry it didn't work out that it opened while you were there. I hope you get to go back sooner as opposed to later! I don't think its silly at all to get upset about things like that, we're all emotionally involved in Disney, so I think we all understand!
Awww, thank you! I'm so glad to have people who understand. After such a long, trying week it was just the thing to send me over the emotional edge. But, I'm coming to terms with it now.

Quote:
Oh boy, Via Napoli! I think I'm going to regret not getting an ADR there for my next trip, but I can't imagine tearing myself away from the F&W booths to eat anywhere else. I'm going to make it a priority ADR if we end up going for my Dad's 60th in April.
I'm so ready to try it out! That will be so fun if y'all make a trip for your Dad's 60th!

Quote:
I think your afternoon around WS sounds like fun! I bet Reid will have fun with Agent P (or at least appreciate a cell phone he can actually be in control of), and meeting Beast sounds perfect. I'm not sure what we are going to do about character meet and greets this trip, but I bet Beast would be one that Everett would really enjoy. We watch that movie at least once a week.
Reid likes to pretend that he doesn't like that movie but I can tell he really does!

I hope the Agent P thing will keep Reid content in the WS. If not, I can already see us leaving that area to go ride Figment & Spaceship Earth some more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I think this Epcot day looks great!! Of course you now know my feelings on Via Napoli so I hope you guys enjoy it as much!!! Also, have you seen DisDining.com? I have them on Facebook and they have great info on F&WF!!
Thank you!! I was so happy to read your review of Via Napoli. I was so torn between Via Napoli & Chefs de France. But, I'm really happy with my choice.

I just "liked" DisDining.com a few weeks ago on Facebook. I need to look a little more at their F&W info.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #761
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fi46re129 View Post
Your Epcot day sounds awesome!! Love F&W but it is so hard to decide on what to get at each booth!! I have not been to Via Napoli yet but I keep hearing amazing things.. Ill have to add it to the 2013 trip list.
Thanks! It was very hard for us to narrow down the kiosks options for our "must try" list.

Seems like there a lot of people on the DIS who rave about Via Napoli. Hopefully, I'll be one of those when I return!

Quote:
I bet Reid will love the Agent P game! What little boy doesn't love electronics and games!
Right?!? I really hope it's fun for him.

Quote:
Hopefully Reid enjoys the fireworks! Headphones sound like a great idea!
There really aren't too many nights where fireworks factor into our schedule (just 1 or 2) so hopefully the headphones will do the trick so we can watch them.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #762
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Hope everyone had a good weekend! Mine was okay.....just glad for this week to be over! It was one crazy week!

Ed had to travel to Mobile, AL earlier in this week. Of course, it was during that time that I was overwhelmed by family drama & was not having a good day at all.

On his way home the next day, he stopped at the Disney outlet in Gulfport, MS and picked me up a little something to try & cheer me up. This is what he got me:

I love this shirt! I'm a big fan of the Disney villains so I was very excited when he gave this to me.

Anyway, just wanted to post that real quick. I'll have a real update in a few days hopefully. Oh - and next Saturday I'm going spend the entire day with my friend who is making my Wendy dress. We're going to be scrapbooking most of the day. But, first, we're going to do a fitting for my costume so that she can finish it up. I'm so excited!

Hope everyone has a good start to their week tomorrow!

Old 08-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #763
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I think I missed you saying you had a bad week, but I'm very sorry to hear that!

That was sweet of Ed to bring you that shirt!
Old 08-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #764
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sorry you had a bad week and family drama. But I must say I love the t-shirt Ed got you to cheer you up. It's great.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #765
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I missed you saying you had a bad week, but I'm very sorry to hear that!

That was sweet of Ed to bring you that shirt!
No worries....I think I mentioned it somewhere in all of my ramblings.

I thought it was sweet of him. And I love my new shirt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Sorry you had a bad week and family drama. But I must say I love the t-shirt Ed got you to cheer you up. It's great.
Thanks! So glad this week is over!

I was so excited when I opened my eyes to see my surprise he had brought me! I love it!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: