Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-23-2012, 01:15 AM   #151
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
I am new to your PTR I read through your entire TR from your cruise, but I think I had read it after it was completed because I don't recall ever commenting! But anyway, here I am joining in the fun!
And thank you for joining in!

That's so nice of you to have also read my cruise TR. I promise lots of planning fun or madness here. One of the two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
All caught up...I love lists too! They just make me feel good...especially Disney ones!! Except like everything else about Disney right now, I hide them and then can't find them again!! Friends of ours stayed at POFQ last year and loved it! so hopefully you all will too!
Another list lover! They do make you feel good, right? And organized. And like you're accomplishing something......even when it's the 10th time you've written up the same exact list.

I'm so excited to hear about all these people who love POFQ! I'm hoping we're going to have a great experience also.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #152
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Oh, Amanda, I loved the update!! Love the packing and getting on the road...with a special destination!

I'd love some hints on how to find fun places to stop along the way! We (DD DGD and 2 pups!) will be driving to St Pete June first...about 11/12 hours...going straight through (too much trouble to stop with an almost 4 yr old and 2 pups ). I've no idea where to look to find playgrounds or small towns with a park etc. Suggestions most welcome!

Reid is just so cute...and I do love the photo of the 3 of you.

p.s. I want to do the 5k one of these days...had considered the half, but no way I will ever get back in shape for that...but definitely could walk the 5k with some training. (used to walk 3 to 6 mi day to/from work...now 0 mi ever!! . )

Oh, and this was NOT a boring update at all!!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2012, 09:49 AM   #153
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Oh, Amanda, I loved the update!! Love the packing and getting on the road...with a special destination!
Thank you!! I just love the packing part! It's like the vacation has started & it's the very beginning of it so you know you have a lot to look forward to.

Quote:
I'd love some hints on how to find fun places to stop along the way! We (DD DGD and 2 pups!) will be driving to St Pete June first...about 11/12 hours...going straight through (too much trouble to stop with an almost 4 yr old and 2 pups ). I've no idea where to look to find playgrounds or small towns with a park etc. Suggestions most welcome!
I have recently read that some rest stops on the interstates actually have small playgrounds. I'm going to try to find out if any of the ones on our route do. But, if not, I'm thinking about bringing a ball so we can play catch for a few minutes. That would be fun for your DGD & the pups! Just something to help burn a little energy.

Quote:
Reid is just so cute...and I do love the photo of the 3 of you.
Thank you!

Quote:
p.s. I want to do the 5k one of these days...had considered the half, but no way I will ever get back in shape for that...but definitely could walk the 5k with some training. (used to walk 3 to 6 mi day to/from work...now 0 mi ever!! . )
You should definitely do a 5K! I'm sure you could do it! I know how hard it is to go from doing nothing to working yourself up for one of these things. But, hopefully, it'll be worth it in the end. When I feel myself wanting to give up, I envision my Disney race medal that I'll be getting!

Quote:
Oh, and this was NOT a boring update at all!!
Awww, thank you! Life is a little crazy right now but hopefully I'll be getting into the real fun details soon!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:49 AM   #154
pas130
DIS Veteran

Amanda....letting you know I DID NOT FORGET YOU....going to catch up!!! Someone may be switching back to her Sept dates BTW
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #155
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
Amanda....letting you know I DID NOT FORGET YOU....going to catch up!!! Someone may be switching back to her Sept dates BTW
No worries, buddy! It'll be here when you have a chance to catch up!

You may be going back to your Sept dates?

But, I'll wait until it's set in stone!
Old 04-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #156
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
No worries, buddy! It'll be here when you have a chance to catch up!

You may be going back to your Sept dates?

But, I'll wait until it's set in stone!
Set in stone you forgot who you're talking to girl But HRH actually mentioned her bday...if $ is the issue...we'll just hit Pop...or LM all good....but Sept 27=Oct 1st more doable than Aug
Old 04-25-2012, 12:39 PM   #157
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Set in stone you forgot who you're talking to girl But HRH actually mentioned her bday...if $ is the issue...we'll just hit Pop...or LM all good....but Sept 27=Oct 1st more doable than Aug
I'm excited about you going back to the Sept dates. But, I'll wait until Sept. 26th to be completely convinced that you'll be there.

The Little Mermaid rooms would be so fun!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #158
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:

Quote:
I'm excited about you going back to the Sept dates. But, I'll wait until Sept. 26th to be completely convinced that you'll be there.

The Little Mermaid rooms would be so fun!
HRH might feel like a princess in the Little Mermaid rooms - have you had a peek at the latest photos? A little one might love staying in one!

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:15 PM   #159
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
HRH might feel like a princess in the Little Mermaid rooms - have you had a peek at the latest photos? A little one might love staying in one!
I agree! I know I would feel like a mermaid princess in one of those rooms!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:16 PM   #160
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Fair enough

Quote:
And Mommys purse would be thankful....
Old 04-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #161
megan511
Mouseketeer

Hi Amanda!

I decided to come over from the ADR changers thread to here about your trip!

Reid is such a cutie! My son has those same action figures

Disney races, how exciting! I think I'm going to ask DH to do the couch to 5k with me. He keeps saying he wants to be in better shape so maybe we can motivate each other.

We had a date night to see Hunger Games too. I the books and I thought the movie was really good. I can't wait to see who they cast as Finnick

I love the looks of POFQ! So pretty! I'm sure OKW will be lovely too.

I will look forward to more!
Old 04-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #162
MinnieLovesMickey
Peyton Manning's #1 Fan!

That's awesome that you're king a 5K. I would love to try one of the marathons next year, maybe the stroller division.

I love making lists for Disney! Right now I have started a packing list, list of ADRs, shopping list before the trip and things to buy during the trip, plus working on a daily itinerary.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #163
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
Hi Amanda!

I decided to come over from the ADR changers thread to here about your trip!
Hi! Thank you so much for coming on over here!

Quote:
Reid is such a cutie! My son has those same action figures
Thank you! I love that they have those little action figures for the little guys. Reid loves all of his & plays with them ALL of the time!

Quote:
Disney races, how exciting! I think I'm going to ask DH to do the couch to 5k with me. He keeps saying he wants to be in better shape so maybe we can motivate each other.
I'm very excited and a little nervous. Y'all should definitely give the Couch to 5K program a try. I'm on week 3 right now. If I can do this, so can y'all....trust me!

Quote:
We had a date night to see Hunger Games too. I the books and I thought the movie was really good. I can't wait to see who they cast as Finnick
I was so happy with how well they did with the movie. I agree....I'm very anxious to see who will play Finnick. Should be interesting!

Quote:
I love the looks of POFQ! So pretty! I'm sure OKW will be lovely too.
It does indeed look pretty! The more pictures I see of OKW, the more excited I get about staying there.

Quote:
I will look forward to more!
Life is a little hectic right now but I really am hoping to do some updating soon. Please bear with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey View Post
That's awesome that you're king a 5K. I would love to try one of the marathons next year, maybe the stroller division.
Thanks! I'm excited to get to participate in the 5K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey View Post
I love making lists for Disney! Right now I have started a packing list, list of ADRs, shopping list before the trip and things to buy during the trip, plus working on a daily itinerary.
Lists are my favorite part of vacation planning!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #164
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sorry I haven't done an update this week. Life is quite hectic and will probably be that way for the next 3 weeks or so.

I can't remember if I said this earlier or not but as some of you may know, we've been in the process of building a house. We signed the purchase agreement on the house back in January. At that point, it was just framed & was getting a roof. Anyway, we had our home inspection & punch list walk through this past Tuesday. We had lots of little things for the builder to fix but nothing major. We were supposed to be closing this coming Tuesday, May 1st. But, now we're closing next Friday instead to give our builder a few extra days to get things done correctly. Plus there have been some confusion with utilities & such that I'm trying to get figured out. So, I have been pretty consumed with all of the house stuff this week.

Even though I don't have a real Disney update tonight, I can update y'all on something related to our Disney trip: my progress with the Couch to 5K program. Tonight, I finished Week 3, Day 2. I just wasn't feeling it tonight but I'm just glad I got out there & did it. I have never in my life been into running so I have to say that I'm surprised that I've been able to stick with it. I really do think the thought of racing at Disney is motivating me to not give up. Hopefully, I'll complete the program by the 1st or 2nd week of June. And then, I can focus on upping my mileage. I am determined to get back to Disney in February for the Princess Half! After all, Ed has a tutu with his name on it! I think that would be a shorter trip for us. And we'll have to find someone to accompany us so that Reid can have a babysitter during the race. Wonder how hard it'll be to find an adult to accept an all-expenses-paid WDW vacation in lieu of babysitting services. We asked my mom, who adores her grandson. But, she already said no because Disney is not her "thing."

Anyway, I just wanted to pop in & let y'all know that things are a little busy & I'm sorry for the lack of an update. I would like to promise one coming up soon but next week doesn't really look any better. We're supposed to start moving after we close next Friday (May 4th) and I haven't even started packing up our house.

So, please bear with me. I appreciate you all reading along! I will pop in & give quick updates & promise to do a Disney update as soon as life gives me time!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #165
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Wow, sounds like yall have had a lot going on! How exciting that you get to move into your house soon! Good luck with all the packing and moving stuff, whew, sounds like a lot of work for sure.

Congrats on your program! It sounds like you're doing awesome. Um, I volunteer! Pick me!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: