Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #91
sympatico
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash-n-brensmom View Post
Just wanted to follow up on our dealings with uscarhire to date...

They confirmed via email that we were completely covered with their Silver Inclusive package. They even adjusted my rental dates a few days later when my flight info was ready and our dates needed to be reduced by one day. Then this morning I received an email stating that we would NOT be covered due to Alamo changing their policy in Jan and we didn't book our car until March. I have sent an email stating how dissatisfied we are at this point and I am waiting for a response.

Looks like we are going to have to use either our own insurance (a rider possibly) or my DH's MasterCard may have supplemental insurance available. DH is so adamantly against using our own personal car insurance because apparently here in Ontario we have the highest insurance premiums in North America and he is afraid that if something happens it will only get more expensive. I understand his concern, I don't totally agree with him, but all this means is that I am on the lookout for a cheap rental and possibly will end up paying for more insurance to supplement.

So frustrated!!
You need an SEF27 Endorsement on your own car insurance in order to use that. Some Visa and Mastercards cover the collision and comprehensive but not the 3rd Party Liability. A couple years ago I backed into another vehicle with my rental car. The Visa collision insurance covered our rental and I had taken out National's Supplimental Liability and that paid for the other vehicle.
I tend to agree with your husband about using your own insurance but I guess that's what we're doing this time.
We had used uscarhire a few years ago with all the insurances included and that was the best stress free rental that we've had.
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 6 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
sympatico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #92
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sympatico View Post
You need an SEF27 Endorsement on your own car insurance in order to use that. Some Visa and Mastercards cover the collision and comprehensive but not the 3rd Party Liability. A couple years ago I backed into another vehicle with my rental car. The Visa collision insurance covered our rental and I had taken out National's Supplimental Liability and that paid for the other vehicle.
I tend to agree with your husband about using your own insurance but I guess that's what we're doing this time.
We had used uscarhire a few years ago with all the insurances included and that was the best stress free rental that we've had.
I am waiting to find out from our insurance what it will cost for that extra rider, and yes, our MC doesn't include 3rd party liability. It's interesting to hear your experience, thanks for sharing that. I will tell DH about using the MC and then supplementing with the car rental liability.

I am bummed about the change in policy, it really did come with peace of mind. I am still waiting to hear back on our situation, I don't expect anything, but I am giving them the chance to help us if they can.

Thanks again for the info!

ash-n-brensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #93
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

I have Oct 12 - 22 reserved with National for a total of $284 for a midsize (I'm Emerald Exec level so want to stay with midsize to use the exec aisle). This is the best I can do with them so far using the KLM code and $30 BJ's coupon. I would love to get it below $250 but I'm not holding my breath!
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:19 PM   #94
garris3404
Mouseketeer

Columbus Day seems to be driving rental prices higher this year.

Thanks for the heads up on the 'City Specials' at Dollar. For October 7 - 14, I found $247.44 for full size and $372.80 for minivan. Snagged it and will keep looking. Thanks again!

2011: Epcot, AK, DHS, MK, TL, BB, MNSSHP (9 day hopper)
2010: MVMCP
2008: Epcot, AK, DHS, MK (10 day hopper)
2006: Epcot, AK, DMS, MK (10 day hopper)
2003: Epcot, AK, DMS, MK (4 day hopper)
1987: EPCOT (1 day)
1979: MK (1 day)
garris3404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:36 PM   #95
OKWAnneMarie
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for the "City Deals" special from Dollar. You guys are GREAT!!!
OKWAnneMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #96
sympatico
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am waiting to find out from our insurance what it will cost for that extra rider, and yes, our MC doesn't include 3rd party liability. It's interesting to hear your experience, thanks for sharing that. I will tell DH about using the MC and then supplementing with the car rental liability.

I am bummed about the change in policy, it really did come with peace of mind. I am still waiting to hear back on our situation, I don't expect anything, but I am giving them the chance to help us if they can.

The SEF27 only costs $25 or $30 . My son just added it to his policy.
Lindfields: twice, Lake Davenport, Venice hotel,Oak Plantation, St. Pete's Beach Hilton, Wyndham Cypress Palms, Pink Shell Fort Myers Beach, Liki Tiki Village, Grand Reserve, Rotonda Lakes near Port Charlotte,Windsor Hills: 6 times, Indian Creek (twice), Emerald Island (4 times), Reunion Resort (twice) Sunset Lakes, Crestwynd Bay, Briarwood in Naples
Old 08-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #97
Dziactor
Mouseketeer

Looking for Alamo as well. Hope the prices get lower as we get closer to the date, leaving late Oct.

Dziactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #98
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garris3404 View Post
Columbus Day seems to be driving rental prices higher this year.

Thanks for the heads up on the 'City Specials' at Dollar. For October 7 - 14, I found $247.44 for full size and $372.80 for minivan. Snagged it and will keep looking. Thanks again!
we travel this time frame and both airfare and rental cars take a bump, as with most holidays to be expected. We switched things around a few years ago and now start our trips two saturdays prior to Columbus day and get a bit of a break in price.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #99
sympatico
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dziactor View Post
Looking for Alamo as well. Hope the prices get lower as we get closer to the date, leaving late Oct.
Alamo van and suv prices are down a little tonight, not as far as I'd like to see them for the end of Oct but they are cheaper than the cars right now.
First res. made tonight, I wonder how many times I'll change it before we go .
Old 08-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #100
connorlevismom

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sympatico View Post
Alamo van and suv prices are down a little tonight, not as far as I'd like to see them for the end of Oct but they are cheaper than the cars right now.
First res. made tonight, I wonder how many times I'll change it before we go .
What codes did you use?
connorlevismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #101
sympatico
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by connorlevismom View Post
What codes did you use?
Insiders ID code and $35. ecoupon AD2359FDF
Old 08-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #102
Luckymomoftwo
DIS Veteran

Hi there! Not sure if this is the right place to ask or not, but we have relatives that will be joining us in October at WDW. They want to rent a car but have no major credit card other than their bank debit card. How can they go about renting a car without having to tie up their bank account (don't the rental companies charge debit cards for a couple of weeks so you don't have access to your own funds until they release it back?) I've always had a major credit card, so this issue is all new to me!

Luckymomoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #103
Snoozan
Really IS a good girl!
Mine was dark brown garbage bag

For anyone using the Dollar city deal code - my rate went down for 10/22-10/27 and I saved about $20. It's down to $189. Fingers crossed it continues to drop - I really hate to pay that much, but my DH is the impatient type and it's easier to have a car than wait for all the busses.(except to MK)
Snoozan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #104
sympatico
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Here's a link to a thread on the Canadian boards about using your own car insurance:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2951534
Old 08-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #105
MickeyMickey
DIS Veteran

Tampa, great price!

Prices in Tampa have really dropped the last couple of days. Just booked a minivan from Enterprise for $309 total for 8 days, October 19-27th. This is especially great because Enterprise doesn't charge for an additional driver if it is a spouse.

Very happy with this rate!
MickeyMickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: