Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
luvgoing2disney
DIS Veteran

Disney Otter Box for iPhone?

Has anyone ever seen a Disney Otter Box to use on their iPhone? We'll be down next month and I'm considering buying one if they are available.

1997, 2000, 2002, 2004, Disneyland 2005, 2006, October 2007, May 2008, Christmas 2009, Disneyland 2011, April 2012, May 2013, September 2013, Disneyland April 2014
luvgoing2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #2
rafiki14
DIS Veteran

I've seen Otterbox have different color combinations but I've never see them with any logos or designs. Especially not Disney. Would be cool if they did.
rafiki14 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
kneedeep
Loving the Florida life

Haven't seen Otterboxes, but there are several Disney themed hard plastic iPhone cases available. I have a black and white scroll one that my daughters call me "hidden Mickey" case.
kneedeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

There are various iPhone cases at Disney for $32 each. They are not even in the same league as an otterbox. My Disney case now has a broken off corner and a cracked one. I'm not hard on my phone either.

Mom/Son bday trip! 6/15**WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14*Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #5
strmtroopr96
DIS Veteran

OT But Cheap OtterBox on Walmart.com

Kind of off topic (although I would love a Disney OtterBox too) but for anyone looking for an OtterBox case, check out Walmart.com. We have been looking for one for our DD12's iPod and just saw that they finally have them online on Walmart's site.

We wanted the Defender but they only had 2 in th estore and neither were cool or cute. Plus they were about $50. So we checked online again and WOO HOO they finally had them and they were 1/2 the price. She had her choice of colors and they were all $25 or less for the Defender case.

I didn't look at the selection or prices for the iPhones but they might have just as good of a deal!
Maybe a red/white or red/black combo for Disney?
'77 FW'89 Disneyland'91 Poly'94 CBR'96 ASMusic 1997 WDW College Program~~Merchandise @ World of Disney~~Vistaway 3811'97 Shades of Green'97 Dixie Landings'00 ASsports'02 POR'03 ASMovies'04 Pop '05 Pop'05 ASMovies'06 Pop '07 Pop '08 ASMovies '09 Pop '10 Coronado Springs '11 Pop '12 POFQ '13 Pop '13 Pop '14 POFQ

Last edited by strmtroopr96; 03-28-2012 at 02:35 AM.
strmtroopr96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
BrettS
DIS Veteran

This is a bit off topic as well, but if you're looking for a great iPhone case you might want to look into the lifeproof case. It's only available for the iPhone 4 and 4S, but it's a well built case that's totally waterproof... you can take your phone swimming with you and get underwater pictures. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but occasionally I'll take my phone into the shower with me so I can catch up on emails while I shower.

It's also less bulky than the ottorbox case, but still very protective... my wife and I have both had one for about 6 months now and I think we've both dropped our phones several times and the case has kept them well protected.

It's not a cheap case... it's $79 for the case and another $29 if you want a belt clip type holster for it, but in my opinion it's well worth the money.

They sell them online and at best buy, so if you can find a best buy coupon you can save a little bit that way.
BrettS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
mommy2twingles
Mouseketeer

I bought the case in Disney with the Castle on last spring. wouldn't do it again. I dropped my iphone with it on and my whole screen cracked. Needless to say with the new phone purchase was also an otterbox purchase

mommy2twingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #8
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

I bought the Disney case with castle, too, but it did funny things to my phone. I could make/receive a call as long as I used my wireless headphones or the speakerphone, but if I used just the regular phone, I couldn't hear anyone that called me. So dissapointed. So, back to my Otterbox I went. I would love to see a Disney Otterbox....but like someone else said, I've never seen them with a design on them.
Lil'Mermaid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:31 PM   #9
wmharley
DIS Veteran

Location: Central-ish Florida. Roughly under an hour to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by strmtroopr96 View Post
Kind of off topic (although I would love a Disney OtterBox too) but for anyone looking for an OtterBox case, check out Walmart.com. We have been looking for one for our DD12's iPod and just saw that they finally have them online on Walmart's site.

We wanted the Defender but they only had 2 in th estore and neither were cool or cute. Plus they were about $50. So we checked online again and WOO HOO they finally had them and they were 1/2 the price. She had her choice of colors and they were all $25 or less for the Defender case.

I didn't look at the selection or prices for the iPhones but they might have just as good of a deal!
Maybe a red/white or red/black combo for Disney?
Otterbox doesn't do cases with licensed images. But I bought a Commuter for $22 from Amazon and I know the Defender was a few $ more.

We have the mickey case for our iPod and i don't think its any good. There is not real lip on the top to create a space between the screen and the counter or whatever else you rest it on.
the lack of using a smilie in any post of mine does NOT automatically mean the post was mean or in any way meant to offend you. Please do not be offended by anything I say and by the lack of a smilie.
wmharley is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: