Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
Buckeye218
DVC Member since 2004

Tips at all-inclusive beach resort

We’re going to Mr. Sancho’s in Cozumel this June and wondered about the standard tipping for an all-inclusive beach break. We’ll be there probably from around 9:30 until 2:30, so at least 5 hours. As I read the reviews on Trip Advisor, it sounds like we’ll have 2 or 3 servers throughout the course of the day.

This will be more involved than tipping at a restaurant, both in time and effort expended by our servers. For those of you who have done an all-inclusive beach excursion, what do you normally tip for good service? (total or for each server)

I'm thinking $10 each for decent service, $15 each for good service and $20 or more for fantastic service. Does this sound about right?
Dis Dads Club Member #85

Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern April 2013 Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern September 2006
Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western June 2012 Disney Wonder 4 Night October 2005

Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern March 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Western October 2004
Buckeye218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:12 PM   #2
dawnedwards
Mouseketeer

First of all I just want to tell you that we went to Mr. Sancho last August and it was amazing.

The servers were very attentive. We had read some negative reviews that servers look for tips immediately and that this is a put off, but when we tried to tip in the am, they told us to enjoy the day and that if we enjoyed the service to tip them at the end.

We had 2 servers, plus the bartender at the pool bar who made us drinks when we were in the pool.

We had a group of 15 so we pooled money together at the end for a tip, but I think that your amounts sound about right.

Mr. Sanchos also has a Facebook page and the upload pictures almost daily.

4 WDW vacations and in 2013 our first Disney Cruise in 2013 on the Dream
dawnedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Buckeye218
DVC Member since 2004

Thanks for the reply, Dawn. Glad to hear you had a great visit there. I've done a ton of research for the various beach clubs in Cozumel and I'm very excited about Mr. Sancho's. The GM responds to almost every single review on Trip Advisor personally, positive or negative....which reflects a remarkable focus on customer service.

I've read so many great reviews that I'm planning on bringing extra tip money in anticipation of extremely good service.
Dis Dads Club Member #85

Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern April 2013 Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern September 2006

Disney Magic 7 Night Eastern March 2008 Disney Magic 7 Night Western October 2004
Old 03-26-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
dawnedwards
Mouseketeer

We are going back in Sept when we sail the Fantasy. Last time we rented the private cabana beds and massages. The beds were awesome, the massages were just ok so deciding what to do this time.

4 WDW vacations and in 2013 our first Disney Cruise in 2013 on the Dream
dawnedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
TXDCLfan
Other cruise lines did it first, Disney did it right!

We were at Mr Sanchos in Jan. and spent 5 hours there and only had one server and he was great We are not day time drinkers and did the pay as you go instead of the all inclusive.
TXDCLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
sammydent
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye218 View Post
We’re going to Mr. Sancho’s in Cozumel this June and wondered about the standard tipping for an all-inclusive beach break. We’ll be there probably from around 9:30 until 2:30, so at least 5 hours. As I read the reviews on Trip Advisor, it sounds like we’ll have 2 or 3 servers throughout the course of the day.

This will be more involved than tipping at a restaurant, both in time and effort expended by our servers. For those of you who have done an all-inclusive beach excursion, what do you normally tip for good service? (total or for each server)

I'm thinking $10 each for decent service, $15 each for good service and $20 or more for fantastic service. Does this sound about right?

We'll be at Mr. Sanchos with you! We are VERY excited!! Glad you asked about tipping as I was wondering the same thing.

On a different note, go Buckeyes!! I'm a Hoosier at heart, but I always root for the Big 10 in the tournament AND I picked OSU to win the tournament in my pool...

sammydent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #7
Buckeye218
DVC Member since 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammydent View Post
We'll be at Mr. Sanchos with you! We are VERY excited!! Glad you asked about tipping as I was wondering the same thing.

On a different note, go Buckeyes!! I'm a Hoosier at heart, but I always root for the Big 10 in the tournament AND I picked OSU to win the tournament in my pool...
Thanks, I was hoping Indiana would have beaten Kentucky, but they played very well, even in defeat. I always root for other Big 10 schools in the tournament also. (Although I did smile just a little when Michigan lost in the first round)

Thrilled to have you join us at Mr. Sancho's....based upon the schedules that have been released, it looks like we'll be the only major ship in port that morning. There are a few Celebrity ships that might dock that afternoon and none of the RCL ships visit Cozumel that day, so I'm hoping the island won't be too over-run w/ cruise ship guests. But as I said, not all of the port schedules have the most up-to-date information.

We're planning to go there right after we disembark and stay until 2:30 or 3:00 to do some shopping before we head back to the ship.
Dis Dads Club Member #85

Old 03-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #8
mammacaryn
Don't be a JERK!

WE did the the all inclusive at Mr. Sanchos. We had one server for our duration there. I think we gave the guy 10 or 15 bucks. There were 4 of us. We ordered one round of food-and a couple rounds of beers (we would order 2 for each of us at a time )

January 2009 Disney Wonder-Bahamas
March 2010 Disney Magic-Western Caribbean
March 2011 Disney Dream-Bahamas

mammacaryn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: