Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
Julylady
DIS Veteran

Fish Extender gift ideas for teens

We will be participating in a FE group on our June cruise. We have decided what to give the adults and have good ideas for boys and girls ages 3 - 12. We are struggling with what might be appropriate for teens. Any ideas? Our goal is to limit gifts to no more than $1 each.
Julylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 AM   #2
JillianM
Earning My Ears

You could give those glow sticks or glow necklaces for pirate night. Or even eye patches or headbands - you can get all that at the dollar store.

If you wanted to do something "more" you could even make keyrings with the ship picture/name and sailing dates. You know the ones you can get at the craft store in a bag of 10 for a couple dollars - then you would have to print out pictures and write on or photoshop on the date. Teens have house keys and some even have car keys. Its good for the adults too!

Or even a homemade postcard and pen and attach a dollar (or a pocket with 65 cents) with a note saying what it is for so they can buy a stamp on CC and send it home.

My teens have made everything for our FE group. They put together the bags and picked everything out to go in them. My youngest even made the FE out of duct tape and had a blast doing it. They have loved doing everything. They are even talking about running allover the ship to deliver the gifts. I'm sure whatever you get them they will enjoy the gift because its a gift.
JillianM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2012, 11:55 AM   #3
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

We found Disney card games at Big Lots and Disney pen sets in the Target dollar bins.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:59 AM   #4
taximom00
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianM View Post
You could give those glow sticks or glow necklaces for pirate night. Or even eye patches or headbands - you can get all that at the dollar store.

If you wanted to do something "more" you could even make keyrings with the ship picture/name and sailing dates. You know the ones you can get at the craft store in a bag of 10 for a couple dollars - then you would have to print out pictures and write on or photoshop on the date. Teens have house keys and some even have car keys. Its good for the adults too!

Or even a homemade postcard and pen and attach a dollar (or a pocket with 65 cents) with a note saying what it is for so they can buy a stamp on CC and send it home.

My teens have made everything for our FE group. They put together the bags and picked everything out to go in them. My youngest even made the FE out of duct tape and had a blast doing it. They have loved doing everything. They are even talking about running allover the ship to deliver the gifts. I'm sure whatever you get them they will enjoy the gift because its a gift.
Hi,
I think my daughter would enjoy making things for the group. Can you give me some ideas as to what your teens made? Especially with duct tape!

This is our first Disney cruise and it sounds like this will be a fun thing for the cruise!
taximom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #5
JillianM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximom00 View Post
Hi,
I think my daughter would enjoy making things for the group. Can you give me some ideas as to what your teens made? Especially with duct tape!

This is our first Disney cruise and it sounds like this will be a fun thing for the cruise!
I sent you a PM. We haven't been on our cruise and I don't want to give away the surprise to all of our FE buddies. Now that i think about it, I really hope you aren't on our cruise... if so, act surprised!
JillianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #6
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Our Dollar Tree sells movie size boxes of candy for $1.00 - great for teens, especially the harder to buy for boys.

We gave tubes of mini m&m's, made a label with our cruise info and gave that to all the kids.

You can also do regualar chocolate bars and make wrappers with your cruise info.

dthogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:20 PM   #7
Dislaney4n6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
Our Dollar Tree sells movie size boxes of candy for $1.00 - great for teens, especially the harder to buy for boys.

We gave tubes of mini m&m's, made a label with our cruise info and gave that to all the kids.

You can also do regualar chocolate bars and make wrappers with your cruise info.
I saw this idea on another thread. Someone made a label that said 'Enjoy the Show".

I am making 'manly' necklaces w/ skull and cross bone charms on black cords. Another idea that I thought was a great idea was putting a couple of bucks in an envelope saying 'order room service on us!' type of message.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
BeautyFan
Mouseketeer

For my teenage nephews I got plain foam drink cozy's from Michael's and then applied foam beach theme stickers on them. Also got Capt'n Jack Pez dispensers for them from Michael's (and their dad tracked me down and asked if I had any more of those, so obviously the boys wouldn't give them up). Then just a goody bag with some tootsie rolls and smarties, etc. that they could snack on the ship or for their long drive home when the cruise ended.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #9
Lollipop's Mom
Special trip with your little one ~~ PRICELESS!

One word:
Chocolate

My daughter kept all the chocolate aside and put it in her carry on and ate it all at the airport and on the plane! She always gets excited over the chocolate. lol

Sept 2015 - Disney Wonder Hawaii
Sept 2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Dec 2013 - Disneyland
May 2013 -Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean
March 2013 -AKL Jambo Studio & AKL Jambo Concierge, & POR Princess Room
March 2012 -Disney Wonder Mexico
March 2012 - Disneyland
May 2011 - Disney Wonder Alaska
Apr 2010 - Disneyland
Jan 2010 -Disneyland
Jan 2009 - Disney Magic Western Caribbean
Jan 2009 - POFQ
Jan 2008 - POP
April 2007 - Disneyland
Sept 2000 - Disneyland
Jan 2000 -BWV Studio
Sept 1994 - All Star Sports
April 1977 -Contemporary

Lollipop's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #10
Yvette563
Mouseketeer

I'm with all you who said candy.. I have a teenage son and asked him and about 6 of the teen boys who hang at my house EVERYDAY that they too can be considered my sons what they would like. They all said CANDY! They said a bag of mixed candy would be great. I threw around other gift ideas I was thinking of and every idea I had was shot down by them. So for my cruise later this year I'm making the teen boys popcorn containers (the paper med sz you buy at Michaels or Hobby Lobby) filled with different kinds of candys/chocolates..
Yvette563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:47 AM   #11
Miz Diz
I'll give up anything, as long as it isn't ice cream
And now my head is really spinningHe can't understand why he can't get me that excited.

Someone in my FE group gave all the tweens/teens a $1.00 music download from Amazon.

You could make a small journal or a few pages for a scrapbook.

I bought these small notebooks from target - like the marble ones, but smaller than normal size. Covered the front and back with scrapbook paper and then put a sticker on the front of their favorite character.

For the older teens (16-18), I did something a little nicer, but it was more than the $1 range.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #12
sweetpee_1993
DIS Veteran

As the mom of 2 teen boys I can vouch that they like candy/chocolate. As the mom of these boys who pays the orthodontist & dentist I can say that I hide candy from the boys. Also, my oldest has migraines that are diet related. Too much of any of the no-no foods (chocolate is on the list) will have him yacking & out of commission. In spite of him knowing this, he often disregards it & makes himself sick. Sounds heartless but when he does I show no pity. I don't give candy in FEs & I hide at least 3/4 of what they get until it can be disposed of.

Teen boy ideas. Deck of cards, beach ball, squirt gun, straw cup, $1 bill, dollar coin currency, bouncy balls (does anyone outgrow these?), soda flavored lip balm, powdered drink mixes, cologne samples....I could do this all day.
Disney Adventures: 1/04 POP, 1/05 POP, 2/06 POP, 1/07 POP, 12/07 CR, 5/08 POFQ sans kids, 1/09 CR, 5/09 Poly w/o the family, 1/10 AKL, 11/10 POFQ, 9/11 WL+DCL Dream+YC, 5/12 DCL Magic, 9/12 DCL Dream sans kids, 1/13 DCL Magic, 5/13 DCL Fantasy, 9/13 DCL Dream w/friends, 9/13 DCL Fantasy sans kids, 4/14 DLH/Disneyland

Other Adventures:
11/13 RCI Allure of the Seas

Future Adventures:
9/14 DCL Dream w/friends
9/14 DCL Wonder Double Dip 2x B2B (4 stops at CC!)
5/15 DCL Wonder WBPC
11/15 DCL Wonder
sweetpee_1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #13
Dislaney4n6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpee_1993 View Post
As the mom of 2 teen boys I can vouch that they like candy/chocolate. As the mom of these boys who pays the orthodontist & dentist I can say that I hide candy from the boys. Also, my oldest has migraines that are diet related. Too much of any of the no-no foods (chocolate is on the list) will have him yacking & out of commission. In spite of him knowing this, he often disregards it & makes himself sick. Sounds heartless but when he does I show no pity. I don't give candy in FEs & I hide at least 3/4 of what they get until it can be disposed of.

Teen boy ideas. Deck of cards, beach ball, squirt gun, straw cup, $1 bill, dollar coin currency, bouncy balls (does anyone outgrow these?), soda flavored lip balm, powdered drink mixes, cologne samples....I could do this all day.
What is a straw cup?
Old 03-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #14
Julylady
DIS Veteran

OP here. Thanks to all for the great ideas! Now to get started......
Julylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:38 AM   #15
DiznyMagic
Touched by a fairy
1st time cruiser

What did you do for adults? This is our first time and not really sure what age range I'm looking at I'm trying to make it neutral but adults are definitely hard. Any ideas??

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: