DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you happy with the purchase of DVC?
Yes 48 96.00%
No 1 2.00%
Maybe 1 2.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2012, 09:16 AM   #16
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

We own lots of DVC points (150 resale at BWV, 250 direct at BLT, and are in the proces of buying 180 resale at AKV.) We only use these to stay at Disney resorts including California and Hawaii but know that may not always be possible.

We own another (much less expensive) timeshare in Austria (never even been there) exclusively to trade for other locations. Ours was super cheap and doesn''t have the trading power to easily get into some of the places we want to go, but we bought it 17 years ago when we didn't have much money! It still gets us nice locations...we just have to be patient.
If I were you, planning to use a timeshare to exchange, I would do some research on other timeshare websites to find a good deal with good trading power. I would think DVC does have good trading power (just guessing), but it seems really expensive to use that way. If you intend to use DVC to stay at DVC only, then buy resale! You will save a ton right now!

Although if you want to stay mostly at DVC and occasionally exchange...have you heard about the buy 100points get 20 points "free" promotion they have right now? We got it in the mail yesterday.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #17
corpcomp
The 100 Yard Dash and Mr. D

Absolutely no regrets - but I would wait a few months to see the new DVC at Grand Floridian first - BLT will be there.

1980-2000 - too many to count
March 01 Poly, March 02, 03 Coronado Springs
March 04 Caribbean Beaches, March 05, 06 Coronado Springs
July 06, April 07, April 08 BCV, June 08 BWV & Yacht Club, Feb 09 BWV, Halloween 09 SSR & BWV, April 10, July 10 BCV & VWL, Aug 11 BWV, Aug 12 BCV, April 13 BCV, NYE 13 BLT & BCV
corpcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #18
Greysword

DIS Dad #618
Fantasmic is not rainbows and unicorns; it is a full contact sport

I will echo dr&mom's statements. It is likely better to secure another timeshare for use outside of Disney and the DVC for use inside of Disney. You can trade out, but the options are restricted by DVC and availability.

Other more flexible timeshares are at very low resale prices now, and many DVC owners also have an outside timeshare to augment their portfolio. You can get a good understanding of DVC on here, and I recommend the Timeshare User group (TUG) forums to understand DVC's value outside of Disney properties. They will also be able to tell you which other timeshare groups are the best to get for trading out. The sight was very valuable for me during my timeshare search in 2004.

Good luck!

P.S. Personally, I love me some BLT! This one is my choice, while VGC was DW's. Thus, I am quite biased to the CR!
- Chris, DIS Dad #618.

Greysword is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blt, dvc guide, help me!, rci, rci exchange

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: