Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 PM   #781
yaknyeti
Earning My Ears

my wife finally finished all the FE gifts today we are so ready for this vacation it has been cold raining in the last couple days here in Georgia we are getting ready for some fun in the Sun sounds good to me
yaknyeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 PM   #782
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaknyeti
sandals shop in that sounds like something my wife might be interested in what kind of food does the restaurant have sorry to hear about the Toy Story going out of business I would like to do that myself
Kino sells awesome handmade leather sandals right onsite for $15 a pair! They have a pretty good selection, but if you can't find what you want, they can custom make it for you. Check out their website:

http://www.kinosandals.com/

And here is a link to Croissants de France, if you want to check out their menu:

http://croissantsdefrance.com/

The Key West Toy Factory was so cool! The space itself was so cool, and they had an awesome selection of educational games, toys, etc. It's such a shame they couldn't make it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2013, 11:50 PM   #783
yaknyeti
Earning My Ears

thank you for sharing the web sites here I was thinking that there wasn't much to do in Key West just stay on the ship it looks like I'm going to have to get up a little bit earlier now lol
Old 02-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #784
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thank you for sharing the web sites here I was thinking that there wasn't much to do in Key West just stay on the ship it looks like I'm going to have to get up a little bit earlier now lol
Oh, you're welcome! There is plenty to do/see in Key West, even right near where the ship docks. We have been a few times, but you should at least get off the ship and roam for an hour or two if you never have. :-)
Old 02-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #785
yaknyeti
Earning My Ears

I just looked at the spot on TripAdvisor and it looks a lot of fun for a pre cruise meet and greet does anybody know what time yet
Old 02-12-2013, 12:07 PM   #786
yaknyeti
Earning My Ears

just for fun what is everybody's favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom I like Splash Mountain it's 1 of my favorites I was sad to see that they are going to be refurbished for the time we're at Magic Kingdom but there so many great rides at Magic Kingdom that is why so special my wife's is Mickey's magic harmonica and my 2 girls favorite tea cups can you believe it17 days will be on the magic can't wait
Old 02-12-2013, 12:10 PM   #787
lisaheath
Earning My Ears

Quote:
just for fun what is everybody's favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom I like Splash Mountain it's 1 of my favorites I was sad to see that they are going to be refurbished for the time we're at Magic Kingdom but there so many great rides at Magic Kingdom that is why so special my wife's is Mickey's magic harmonica and my 2 girls favorite tea cups can you believe it17 days will be on the magic can't wait
Our favorite is carousel of progress, silly but with the pixie dust you always believe its a great big beautiful tomorrow!
lisaheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #788
Tiggs14
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaknyeti View Post
what is everybody going to do in Key West Florida I know I want to try that key lime pie I've been here about what is everybody else going to be doing
We were planning on taking the trolley. I have read that there are several different ones? Anyone done this before? Any recommendations to which one to take?

We have never been to Key West so we thought it'd be a good method of touring the area.

September 3rd - 13th, 2009 ~ Pop Century / August 18th - September 1st, 2010 ~ Pop Century / August 9th - 23rd, 2011 ~ Pop Century / April 17th - April 25th, 2012 ~ All Star Sports /
March 1st - March 9th, 2013 ~ Disney Magic / November 14 - 21st, 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
Tiggs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #789
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just looked at the spot on TripAdvisor and it looks a lot of fun for a pre cruise meet and greet does anybody know what time yet
We have a reservation at 5pm. Come join us! Just be sure to let me know how many in your group so I can adjust our reservation.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:38 PM   #790
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My DD's favorite is Space Mountain. I can't really say that I have a MK "favorite" but I do hate the teacups, and the Astro Orbiter. Haha
Old 02-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #791
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggs14

We were planning on taking the trolley. I have read that there are several different ones? Anyone done this before? Any recommendations to which one to take?

We have never been to Key West so we thought it'd be a good method of touring the area.
We have done the Old Town Trolley, which is great for a cruise around the island with a few on-off stops. The Conch Train looks kind of cheesy, like one of those little trains that run through some shopping malls. If you do Old Town, it's cheaper to buy your tickets in advance on their website. I think kids 12 and under are free.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #792
Tiggs14
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls View Post
We have done the Old Town Trolley, which is great for a cruise around the island with a few on-off stops. The Conch Train looks kind of cheesy, like one of those little trains that run through some shopping malls. If you do Old Town, it's cheaper to buy your tickets in advance on their website. I think kids 12 and under are free.
Perfect! Old Town is the one I was looking at. I think I'll go ahead and buy the tickets online.

September 3rd - 13th, 2009 ~ Pop Century / August 18th - September 1st, 2010 ~ Pop Century / August 9th - 23rd, 2011 ~ Pop Century / April 17th - April 25th, 2012 ~ All Star Sports /
March 1st - March 9th, 2013 ~ Disney Magic / November 14 - 21st, 2013 ~ Port Orleans Riverside
Old 02-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #793
Tiggs14
DIS Veteran

I was looking at another cruise meet thread earlier today (the Feb. 15th sailing out of Galveston) and they had set up a standing meet for all sea days at the Mickey pool at 10am. Is there any interest in setting up something similiar here so that those of us that want to meet know where others may be?

Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #794
mjcreer
Earning My Ears

Last minute fish extender group

We are interested in the last minute FE group! I can't believe how soon the cruise is coming!
mjcreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:54 PM   #795
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggs14 View Post
Perfect! Old Town is the one I was looking at. I think I'll go ahead and buy the tickets online.
I'm also planning on doing this trolley tour on my own, but wasn't planning on purchasing tickets online ahead of time in case we aren't able to dock there for some reason. This will only be my 2nd cruise, but I've heard of missing other ports for various reasons, but don't know if that applies to Key West! It looks like it's only about $3 less to purchase in advance, so I plan to wait and buy tickets there.
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: