Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 10:51 AM   #61
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Well...
I got a call from my travel agent this morning about Kids Sail Free. We had booked a week at WDW to take the place of the cruise I was planning to cancel (but hadn't gotten around to.) So we're BACK - if you'll have us. :-)

Glad to see that traffic on the thread has picked up, and I'm looking forward to chatting and planning with you!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:55 PM   #62
catislander
Mouseketeer

Welcome back! Who all are y'all traveling with?
catislander is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #63
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

There are three of us this time, just me (Alexis) my hubby (Tim) and our 6 year-old daughter. This will be our third Disney cruise, all on the Magic! We were originally booked to sail with our good friends Lynn (Dizzi) and her hubby, but they cancelled when the itinerary changed. :-( I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will reconsider joining us now that Kids Sail Free!
Old 10-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #64
tmrose03
Mouseketeer

Just got back from DW and just saw this cruise. We live just outside of Houston so any cruise leaving Galveston not going to Mexico is a huge plus for us! Going to crunch some numbers and see if we can swing this. It would be myself, DH, and DS (3 yrs old). Wish me luck!

Jan. 2014 Our First DCL Cruise-Wonder

April 2015 Our 2nd WDW Trip

tmrose03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 11:04 PM   #65
ShelleyLynn
Mouseketeer

We just booked this cruise! We were supposed to cruise the western on the fantasy but when they announced the kids sail free and you got Castaway Cay and a day in Disney we jumped! We were not that excited about 2 Mexican port days on the western anyway. My family is myself, DH, DD 11 and DD 9. We will be traveling with another family. I am excited and can't wait to find out more about the Magic. We have been on one other cruise, last March on the Dream.
ShelleyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #66
discoverydepot
Earning My Ears

Jumped to 8 night cruise

We are the other family that Shelleylynn is talking about. We jumped ships yesterday to do this cruise and are very excited. It is myself, DH(42), DD(14).
discoverydepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #67
catislander
Mouseketeer

So excited to see so many more cruisers signing up. Anyone interested in organizing a FE?
Old 10-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #68
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catislander
So excited to see so many more cruisers signing up. Anyone interested in organizing a FE?
Me too!
We were planning to do the FE, and I am happy to organize it as we get closer. Hopefully we'll get more takers. I know it seems somewhat odd, but my daughter just loves it. Plus, you never know when you'll find a special surprise in there from DCL, which happened to us last time.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #69
catislander
Mouseketeer

I love surprises from DCL! Do tell, what did you get?
Old 10-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #70
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by catislander
I love surprises from DCL! Do tell, what did you get?
My daughter got an invitation to a special event on the last night of our last cruise. A character party where only two other children and their families were present. All the regular characters were there, along with the casts from all the onboard shows. It was AMAZING!
Old 10-23-2012, 01:12 PM   #71
LOVEDCL
Earning My Ears

One more joining

Yessss. This will be our second Cruise in the Magic. We are on Jan. 4th as well. Can't wait!!!
LOVEDCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #72
dpequignot
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls View Post
My daughter got an invitation to a special event on the last night of our last cruise. A character party where only two other children and their families were present. All the regular characters were there, along with the casts from all the onboard shows. It was AMAZING!
And we were there too!!!!! Sydney was on her Make a Wish trip..
I'm in for Fish Extender fun again...with the KSF I only have a few more payments to go..YAY tho since we are from Indiana I was sad to see the flights to TX as being over $500 I dont want to drive 18-21hours to get there. Tho on the last cruise many drove from Canada to Florida
dpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #73
dpequignot
Earning My Ears

I did not add ground transfers yet. Has anyone made a hotel reservation for the night before cruise or are you flying in same day? Since Make a Wish made all our 1st cruise arrangements Im freaking out a little
dpequignot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #74
Sorcerer-Mickey
Mouseketeer

Good Morning from Colorado!! I am more than excited to announce my friends and I are going to join you on this fabulous trip!! My BFF and I are headed to the Magic and sailing out of TX a week from today Nov 3rd. I am looking forward to getting away to a little beach and sunshine. Although, this cruise is what I am really getting excited about. This itinerary is amazing and I can not wait to be on an 8 day cruise with stops at Castaway Cay and WDW.

Has anyone started getting this cruise started with a FE page and some meet and greets or anything else? I have some fun ideas. Everyone have a great day and I look forward to meeting y'all here on the boards.

2003 - October: DL Disneyland Hotel
2004 - May: WDW Port Orleans Riverside; May: DCL On board the Wonder Bahamas (4 days)
2006 - June: DL Disneyland Hotel
2007 - May: : WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; May: : DCL On board the Magic -Maiden Transatlantic Voyage; June: : DCL On board the Magic - Mediterranean
2007 - December: WDW Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge; December: DCL On board the Magic - Eastern Bahamas; December: WDW Off site
2008 - September: WDW Port Orleans Riverside; September: DCL On board the Magic -(5 day - Double Dipper)
2010 - November: DL DVC Grand California Hotel & Spa
2011 - January: DCL DREAM Bahamas (4 days); September: DCL On board the Magic -West Bound Transatlantic Voyage; Disney's All-Star Sport;
2012 - May: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa; May: Disney's Contemporary Resort; November: 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise;

Sorcerer-Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #75
Sorcerer-Mickey
Mouseketeer

I just read the past posts and got all caught up. This thread is going to be fun and exciting because talking and planning this trip is half the fun!! It doesn't matter how big or small the group is, it's what we do with it. I look forward to getting to know y'all.

Everyone please post any questions or concerns regarding Galveston. I will be there next week boarding the Magic. So I will be your research cruiser and answer any and all your questions.

2003 - October: DL Disneyland Hotel
2004 - May: WDW Port Orleans Riverside; May: DCL On board the Wonder Bahamas (4 days)
2006 - June: DL Disneyland Hotel
2007 - May: : WDW Port Orleans French Quarter; May: : DCL On board the Magic -Maiden Transatlantic Voyage; June: : DCL On board the Magic - Mediterranean
2007 - December: WDW Disney Animal Kingdom Lodge; December: DCL On board the Magic - Eastern Bahamas; December: WDW Off site
2008 - September: WDW Port Orleans Riverside; September: DCL On board the Magic -(5 day - Double Dipper)
2010 - November: DL DVC Grand California Hotel & Spa
2011 - January: DCL DREAM Bahamas (4 days); September: DCL On board the Magic -West Bound Transatlantic Voyage; Disney's All-Star Sport;
2012 - May: Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa; May: Disney's Contemporary Resort; November: 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise;

Sorcerer-Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: