Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #271
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emboyles View Post
Are you guys using enterprise one way rentals? Will the hotel drop you off in the a.m.? We are booked at the Harbor House, its' sister property, but I only chose it because we could walk to the port in the morning.
We will have a car service drive us from the airport to Galveston, then the Galvez has a cruise shuttle in the morning. I thought their sister property did, as well, but I thought it was called the Tremont House so I might be confused!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #272
emboyles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls View Post
We will have a car service drive us from the airport to Galveston, then the Galvez has a cruise shuttle in the morning. I thought their sister property did, as well, but I thought it was called the Tremont House so I might be confused!
The Galvez has 2 sister properties. Harbor House is within walking distance of the port. If we want to swim, we take a free shuttle over to the Galvez. I have some friends who recently sailed out of Galveston on Disney and they loved the Galvez. Harbor House looks nice, but the Galvez looks amazing!
emboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #273
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The Galvez has 2 sister properties. Harbor House is within walking distance of the port. If we want to swim, we take a free shuttle over to the Galvez. I have some friends who recently sailed out of Galveston on Disney and they loved the Galvez. Harbor House looks nice, but the Galvez looks amazing!

Well if you do decide to come swimming, we'll be there!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #274
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

IMPORTANT UPDATE **FE Sign Up is Now CLOSED**

Big thanks to MiceFan and TracyJ for keeping an eye on our ever growing list and helping me keep it straight. When Dizzi and I started this page early last year and monitored it through the summer, it grew so slowly that we figured we'd probably never even have enough cruisers to do an FE exchange. I am so glad our group has grown to this size and that we have many active participants both in this forum and on our FB page.

In light of the current size of the FE exchange group, and because we have grown at a steady pace, we've decided that the time has come to cap it. I know we originally said February 1, but at this pace we could be up to 100 cabins by then! So the Magic Goes Texan FE Exchange (Group 1) is now FULL.

Newcomers take heart! If you are late to the party and would still like to participate, you are very welcome to start up a Group 2 exchange. I have been on a cruise where this was done and it worked out great!

Post 1 of this thread has been updated to include a list of all cruisers participating in the exchange. Please take a moment to look it over and let me know if there are any mistakes or omissions. Updates will pick up speed from here, and as always, I am thankful for any input from the group. For those of you too new to send a PM, post a few lines to take up space and you'll be at 10 in no time...we don't mind!

See you all SOON!!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #275
paloshfamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyj123 View Post
We tried to snorkel last march a week earlier than this cruise and the water was really cold and it was really windy. They had a lot of tubes the day we were there but there is no guarantee.
Thanks Traceyj123! We are a family that likes it HOT, so I am more than a little worried about cold temps. My kids LOVE water and I really hope the water at CC will be warm enough to snorkel. I wonder if inexpensive wet suits might help? Some kids wear them here for early spring swim team. Or would that be weird? ;-)
paloshfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #276
paloshfamily
Earning My Ears

Thanks emboyles!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #277
traceyj123
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloshfamily View Post
Thanks Traceyj123! We are a family that likes it HOT, so I am more than a little worried about cold temps. My kids LOVE water and I really hope the water at CC will be warm enough to snorkel. I wonder if inexpensive wet suits might help? Some kids wear them here for early spring swim team. Or would that be weird? ;-)
I wouldnt worry about wierd. If you bring them and they need them they are comfortable. if they dont then thats ok too.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #278
virgilatmit
Mouseketeer

I saw on the FB board that group 1 for the FE is closed. While I know we were signed up on the FE early on, I don't think I've seen any PMs on for details. Have any PMs come out yet?
virgilatmit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #279
paloshfamily
Earning My Ears

Traceyj123 - I'll look into the shortie wet suits then!

I see from your previous posts that you have late dining - we do too! Does your 6yr old make it all the way to the late dining or is it better to plan to have kids eat earlier at the kids club? Or does everyone just shift late on the cruise (late nights/late mornings)?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #280
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgilatmit
I saw on the FB board that group 1 for the FE is closed. While I know we were signed up on the FE early on, I don't think I've seen any PMs on for details. Have any PMs come out yet?
Not yet, but we have most of the details that we need from everyone. I want to give our GTY cruisers a chance to get their cabin assignments so we have fewer changes to make when the final list goes out. :-)
Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #281
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaknyeti
We have cruised many times before (not dcl) but since they offered kids sail free it is to good of a deal to pass up and we are all so excited!! Our girls are teenagers but truly love anything Disney so better late than never. We would love to participate in the fish extender as well. We are 2 adults and 2 teenage daughters.
Hi! What are the ages of the girls? Thanks!
Old 01-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #282
emboyles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloshfamily View Post
Thanks emboyles!
emboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #283
Cocolina
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We just rent once we get there....that way we have the freedom to change our minds!
You haven't had any trouble getting snorkel equipment the day of? I'm worried about reserving it in advance if the water is going to be cold. We don't do so well in cold ocean.
Cocolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #284
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocolina
You haven't had any trouble getting snorkel equipment the day of? I'm worried about reserving it in advance if the water is going to be cold. We don't do so well in cold ocean.
We have never had trouble getting it same day. The launch of the new ships has really been awesome for cruisers on the classic ships because the beefed up CC to accommodate 4000+ passengers. We've gotten bikes, tubes, snorkel gear, etc, and also awesome oceanfront chairs with umbrellas with no problem!

Also, FWIW, last year at the end of February the water at CC was excellent temp for swimming. I had to drag my family out of the water at the end of the day!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #285
angiet1975
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls

Not yet, but we have most of the details that we need from everyone. I want to give our GTY cruisers a chance to get their cabin assignments so we have fewer changes to make when the final list goes out. :-)
Ok so what is a GTY and PM??? I am new to all this...ha ha ha
angiet1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: