Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #256
paloshfamily
Earning My Ears

I swear I won't ask a million questions, but I do have a few!

For the day in Castaway Cay, is it easy to rent bikes or tubes when we get there or do you guys recommend booking those things ahead of time? I don't know if my kids (8 & 5) will be happy to just swim around or if they will want to get bikes/tubes. Someone mentioned that the water will be chilly in March?

Also - does anyone know if they have bikes with training wheels for younger kids? > Just found this answer that they do have bikes with training wheels, in case that helps anyone else! :-)
paloshfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #257
traceyj123
Earning My Ears

We tried to snorkel last march a week earlier than this cruise and the water was really cold and it was really windy. They had a lot of tubes the day we were there but there is no guarantee.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #258
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran

Joining

We are proud to join this group. I will be sailing with my husband and our 4 year old granddaughter. This is her first cruise. I look forward to getting to know some of you before we even leave. Wow I have a lot to plan.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #259
disneyfan19712006
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls View Post
So glad to see our number of cruisers increasing! Thank you for your responses on FE participation. Now that we know we have enough people to do a decent exchange, let's discuss deadline. Does 30 days out seem like a reasonable timeframe for closing the list?

Also, what about doing a meet while onboard? Anyone interested? With several sea days, maybe we could rustle up a card game or a group for wine tasting? Let me know what you think!
We want to participate in the FE gifts. Me DH and our Grand daughter age 4. This is my 12th cruise and I love this part of it. Let me know who is coordinating this please. I also agree that having meets on board are a great way to get started with knowing who are DIS friends are. Since our first full day is at sea, that might be a good time. There is a bar area behind the right side of Lumires. We have done several meets there and it seems like a good location. Just let us know what the group decides.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:42 PM   #260
traceyj123
Earning My Ears

Hi and welcome. We have a meet scheduled for the first morning at 9:30 at the Mickey Statue. Alexis (threewilmingtonwalls) is coordinating FE exchange.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #261
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan19712006

We want to participate in the FE gifts. Me DH and our Grand daughter age 4. This is my 12th cruise and I love this part of it. Let me know who is coordinating this please. I also agree that having meets on board are a great way to get started with knowing who are DIS friends are. Since our first full day is at sea, that might be a good time. There is a bar area behind the right side of Lumires. We have done several meets there and it seems like a good location. Just let us know what the group decides.
Hi, and WELCOME! I got your PM and have added you to the FE list. :-)
Old 01-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #262
MiceFan
I like this place

Alexis,
I sent you a message but it didn't show on my sent items list so I sent another one and it's not showing on my sent list either
Sorry if I'm filling up your inbox, I'll stop until I hear back from you!
-Mary

Always ready to go back.
8 trips to the World, a few to the Land & 1 Disney Cruise
Mary DH The kiddos!
MiceFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #263
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiceFan
Alexis,
I sent you a message but it didn't show on my sent items list so I sent another one and it's not showing on my sent list either
Sorry if I'm filling up your inbox, I'll stop until I hear back from you!
-Mary
I got both and just replied. Check your PM's and let me know if you got it. No worries!! :-)
Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #264
Brooksmakingmemories
Earning My Ears

Hello all! My husband and I will be joining the March 1st cruise out of Galveston with our 3 daughters (ages 12, 9, & 2). We look forward to participating in the FE exchange and getting to meet all the wonderful families on the cruise!
Brooksmakingmemories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:32 AM   #265
emboyles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloshfamily View Post
Also - how does laundry work on the ship? Do we bring money to do our own somewhere?
I have sailed the Dream and the Fantasy one time each and on those ships, you use your stateroom card. I am pretty sure my TA said that the Magic has now converted to the same system.
emboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #266
emboyles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by paloshfamily View Post
I swear I won't ask a million questions, but I do have a few!

For the day in Castaway Cay, is it easy to rent bikes or tubes when we get there or do you guys recommend booking those things ahead of time? I don't know if my kids (8 & 5) will be happy to just swim around or if they will want to get bikes/tubes. Someone mentioned that the water will be chilly in March?

Also - does anyone know if they have bikes with training wheels for younger kids? > Just found this answer that they do have bikes with training wheels, in case that helps anyone else! :-)
We just rent once we get there....that way we have the freedom to change our minds!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #267
traceyj123
Earning My Ears

we are at the Galvez
Old 01-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #268
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyj123
we are at the Galvez
Us, too! Are you spending any time there on Thursday, or just driving in that night? Our flight arrives in Houston pretty early, and we will probably head straight to the hotel.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #269
traceyj123
Earning My Ears

I'm not sure. Probably get there early afternoon.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #270
emboyles
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls View Post
Us, too! Are you spending any time there on Thursday, or just driving in that night? Our flight arrives in Houston pretty early, and we will probably head straight to the hotel.
Are you guys using enterprise one way rentals? Will the hotel drop you off in the a.m.? We are booked at the Harbor House, its' sister property, but I only chose it because we could walk to the port in the morning.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: