Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 02:12 AM   #211
Cocolina
Earning My Ears

Would like to join FE

As a newbie I just looked up Fish Extender and would love to join the FE group! I have no idea what I'm doing here yet but hopefully I will learn the ins and outs of Disney cruising quickly.

Colleen
Cocolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #212
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocolina
We will be sailing on this cruise! It is our first Disney cruise and my son's first cruise. Very excited!

Colleen
Welcome!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 06:57 AM   #213
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocolina
As a newbie I just looked up Fish Extender and would love to join the FE group! I have no idea what I'm doing here yet but hopefully I will learn the ins and outs of Disney cruising quickly.

Colleen
Great, I will add you to the list! Ask any questions; we are glad to help you. :-) Also, come join us on our Facebook page!
Old 12-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #214
laenie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mareed View Post
I think those of us without kids will be in the small minority on this cruise due to the Kids Sail Free offer. I'll be there with my Mom, so we'll be 2 women - in 40's and 60's. I posted a while back looking for other adults-only travelers, but I think you're the first I've seen! This will be my 2nd ever cruise and first for my Mom, so we're similar in that.

I had booked this earlier, but re-shopped and booked at a discount while on my Thanksgsgiving Magic cruise, so we lost our Main dining and currently have 2nd seating, and are wait-listed for Main. I'm afraid we won't be able to get switched, and I'm not sure whether to even try to switch once we get on-board, but eating at 8:15 at night seem so late! Hopefully there will be some other adult-only groups that Disney can assign us a table with. My Mom and I get along great, but I'm looking forward to having some others to chat with over dinner!
We also have late dining, you are welcome to join DH and I. WE are both in our early 50's and our kids are grown, so we are looking forward to enjoying Disney on our own.
Elaine
laenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #215
laenie
Mouseketeer

Fish Extender

I have heard fun things about this, is it too late to be added? Can two adults play?
Elaine
Old 12-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #216
laenie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Dustmouse and others!

What are you planning for WDW day? We're on first shuttle to Epcot (6:30!) to check out the Flower and Garden items (day before official opening, I believe). Have lunch booked at Le Cellier (curious about how lunch menu will change once it's 2 dining credits), and then we'll likely head to DHS for TOT (my Mom's absolute favorite!) and Star Tours, and then end up at MK to see new FantasyLand. I don't think I've ever done 3 parks in one day, so it will be a novelty, but feel that I have to make the most of that one day.

What do you recommend at Castaway Cay? It will be my first time, and I'm thinking of probably sticking to the adult beach area (is it Serenity Bay?) and doing some snorkeling, but basically having a relaxing, louging beach day. We'll need to rest up for our marathon WDW day!
WE also have booked (I think) the early bus to Epcot, it is our favorite park so we might just hang there all day. Didn't make and dining plans, will probably just wing it. Maybe walk over to one of the Epcot resorts and have lunch.

We booked a cabana at Castaway Cay, it just sounded like a fun thing to do, last time I was there I was with our three younger kids and we hung out at the family side, this time it will be us two adults and we are enjoying ourselves!
Elaine
Old 12-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #217
laenie
Mouseketeer

Magnet

I think I saw on FB that we were supposed to post on here if we wanted a magnet? I would love one, please and thank you!
Elaine
Old 12-18-2012, 10:10 PM   #218
mareed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laenie View Post
We also have late dining, you are welcome to join DH and I. WE are both in our early 50's and our kids are grown, so we are looking forward to enjoying Disney on our own.
Elaine
Hi! Joining up for dining sounds great! I'll send you a PM with some info - I think we'd need to exchange names and possibly reservation numbers so Disney knows to assign the same table. My travel agent is on vacation for the holidays so it will be after the new year before I can send her the information, but I know it can be done because we travelled with friends on our Thanksgiving cruise, and our reservations were linked for dining so that we had the same table assignment.
DCL Magic: Nov 12, Mar 13 - Wonder: Sept/Nov 13, Feb 14 B2B
RC Cruise: Jun 14

mareed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #219
threewilmingtonwalls
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laenie
I have heard fun things about this, is it too late to be added? Can two adults play?
Elaine
It IS fun, and it's not too late for you to join. I have added you to the list!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #220
bccruiseguy
Earning My Ears

Cruise

Hi, we our family just booked this cruise last week. It will be our first disney cruise. We will be celebrating my wife's and daughter's birthdays. I'm travelling with my wife, dd (turning 4) and ds (6 months). We live in Vancouver, BC.
bccruiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:33 PM   #221
laenie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi! Joining up for dining sounds great! I'll send you a PM with some info - I think we'd need to exchange names and possibly reservation numbers so Disney knows to assign the same table. My travel agent is on vacation for the holidays so it will be after the new year before I can send her the information, but I know it can be done because we travelled with friends on our Thanksgiving cruise, and our reservations were linked for dining so that we had the same table assignment.
That sounds great, I can also send my TA the info and they can coordinate! It will be fun to have other adults to chat with
Old 12-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #222
laenie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by threewilmingtonwalls View Post
It IS fun, and it's not too late for you to join. I have added you to the list!
Thank you! Can't wait!!
elaine
Old 12-19-2012, 04:45 PM   #223
laenie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laenie View Post
That sounds great, I can also send my TA the info and they can coordinate! It will be fun to have other adults to chat with
I am sending you a PM with my info also.
Elaine
Old 12-20-2012, 12:04 PM   #224
Cocolina
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by laenie
I think I saw on FB that we were supposed to post on here if we wanted a magnet? I would love one, please and thank you!
Elaine
Would love a magnet as well!
Cocolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #225
bjcaed
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone! We are Texans sailing on our 1st Disney Cruise!!! We love Disney but have never cruised. We are surprising our 2 girls 9&10 on Christmas morning!!!
bjcaed is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: