Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #91
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

No Way Jose

On Tuesday, our plans centred around Epcot. We decided to head over first thing in the morning. Here is a morning shot of the YC (what’s not to love, it really is a beautiful resort.)

On our way into Epcot, walking through the empty World Showcase, it was time to update our official growth chart. Here is my son through the years.

In 2004, 7 years old and happy to be at Disney and play in the phone booth, while posing for the camera.

In 2007, 10 years old and more focused on the phone booth than mother’s wish for a photo.

In 2010, 13 years old and willing to pose for a photo, but needing some control he insists on using a different phone booth.

Also in 2010 when I begged and he finally returned to the original phone booth.

In 2012, 15 years old and barely able to tolerate the photo (but secretly willing) and showing his attitude by leaning against the phone booth and crossing his arms.

I love those photos!

We continued on our way heading towards Mission Space. Here are a couple of shots from along the way.

Donald and Daisy – Flower and Garden style

The drummers (I forget their name.) They are so good. They make it seem so effortless and easy, but they are clearly very talented.

And then, Mission Space. There was a 60 minute wait at 10 am.

My husband and I chose to skip this ride so we parked ourselves on a bench and watched the crowds. We saw a cute little Flower and Garden car.

I amused myself by taking pictures of the monorail. This is my favourite one.

When my son was done with Mission Space we headed over to The Land to pick up some Soarin fast passes for the evening.

While in The Land I wanted to go on the Living With the Land ride which we had never done before. It was great – not as action packed as most rides, but quite interesting. There as a 40-minute wait for the ride which I assume is excessive since they had to extend the queue line beyond the permanent posts.

Here are some shots from Living With the Land.

After riding through the Land, we parted ways and my son went back to the room and my husband and I went off in search of one of the highlights of the trip.

OMG the Grey Goose Slushies from France are amazing!

After the refreshments we headed back to the YC by boat this time, just to enjoy the ride.

Off the boat, we headed up to the room to get our son for our lunch plans at Beaches and Cream. I loved this place! I don’t remember what time we arrived, but we didn’t have to wait long to get in. We took three seats at the counter.

They asked if we were there for lunch and ice cream, or just ice cream. We said that we just wanted lunch. While we do love ice cream, we don’t usually have dessert with our meals and the thought of a big meal plus a big dish of ice cream was a bit much. I did have a float with our meal and my son had a milkshake, but we were really there for the burgers that day – and the burgers were wonderful.

While we were eating a few corporately dressed people came in from the back and were milling around behind the counter, generally underfoot. It gave us something to watch while we ate our food. We also saw someone get the Kitchen Sink and someone else was celebrating a birthday so it was a fun-filled meal with lots to see.

After we finished eating our waitress kept asking us if we wanted dessert and we kept declining so she brought us our bill and we paid and were just about to leave when one of the suit-wearing men from behind the counter comes us and says “hello, we are training some new people today, so here is a treat for you” and he plunks down a No Way Jose in front of us.

We were so surprised and it was soooo good. My son isn’t much of a dessert eater (I can’t even begin to understand or explain that) so while he tried a spoonful, it was my husband and I who polished off this wonderful creation. You can see in the (poorly composed) picture that the whip cream on top of the sundae wasn’t perfect, but we didn’t care, it was still an amazing taste experience.

Well just looking at that picture makes me full, so that is enough prattling on for one day. Next up, an evening at Epcot.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 05-12-2012, 06:37 PM   #92
wishinon3stars
Mouseketeer

Loved seeing the pictures of your son in the phone booth. Great way to see how much he's grown by what window pane he is up to! Handsome young man he is. Love how relaxed your visit is. I am looking forward to getting a grand manier slushie in September.

Poly: Sept 1984 Honeymoon!; Off-site: April 1994; April 1998, July 1999;
BCV: May 2009; BCV: Sept 2010; BCV: Sept 2012;
Dolphin: June 2013; Sept 2014 BC
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #93
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishinon3stars View Post
Loved seeing the pictures of your son in the phone booth. Great way to see how much he's grown by what window pane he is up to! Handsome young man he is. Love how relaxed your visit is. I am looking forward to getting a grand manier slushie in September.
Thanks for the compliment on my son. We think he's a keeper.

We love taking it easy at Disney. People always look at me strange when I tell them we stay on site because we aren't big amusement park people and we don't like crowds. They don't understand even when I try to explain that by staying on site we don't have to worry about anything and we can go to the parks for as little or as long as we like.

Here's hoping the time between now and your slushie flies by fast!

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 05-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #94
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pictures of the Yacht Club from your morning. What an amazingly blue sky! Also loving the monorail picture and the before and after GGS photos.

Great shots of your son in the phone booth! I love that these are gauges of his size AND attitude!

Next time, call him and tell him to stand up straight!

Phone numbers for booths in United Kingdom

Right Booth 407-827-9861
Left Booth 407-827-9862
Center Booth 407-827-9863

Mmm- does you sundae look yummy? Yes Way Jose! As I have mentioned before on the BC thread, I have never had a hamburger or ice cream at Beaches & Cream

as a whole can of whipped cream is tossed at my head
Old 05-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #95
HockeyMomR
DIS Veteran

Janet-love the phone booth growth chart pics

Lovely yacht club pics & so agree with the yummy burgers at B&C!

* 01/01 - BC * 11/01 - BC * 04/03 - BC * 04/04 - YC * 03/05 AKL / BC * 05/06 - AKL/Poly * 07/07-WL/YC/GF *
* 01/08 (mother/daughter trip) - POR * 08/08-YC * 4/09 (ladies trip)-Dolphin * 07/10-BC * 9/13-YC* 4/14-WL*

Old 05-12-2012, 10:21 PM   #96
cindydare
Mouseketeer

Awesome pixie dust at B&C with the No Way Jose!!
Old 05-12-2012, 10:28 PM   #97
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
As I have mentioned before on the BC thread, I have never had a hamburger or ice cream at Beaches & Cream

as a whole can of whipped cream is tossed at my head
And you call yourself Beach Club Dee!

Old 05-13-2012, 02:30 AM   #98
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
And you call yourself Beach Club Dee!

Love all your pics! Isnt it amazing how fast boys grow! Sounds like you are having alot of fun
People who havent stayed onsite or at WDW really dont "get it" We've been visiting most years since 1993 and I'm constantly asked "WHY?" or "wouldn't you rather go somewhere else?" Try as I might to explain, I just get blank looks which is fine-leaves more room for the rest of us
Old 05-13-2012, 02:36 AM   #99
Laffites Landing
Mouseketeer

I love the pictures of Yacht Club! Such a beautiful resort, I'm looking forward to checking it out myself in a just a few weeks.

Did your son enjoy Mission Space? At some point I will have to experience this ride and I'm not really looking forward to it. What does he think of the ride? I guess it didn't make him ill so that's a plus.

Me (42) DW DS (11) DD(7)
Old 05-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #100
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Loving your latest installment! And I can't believe the wait times compared to what we experienced... WOW!

Love the pictures, especially of your DS. How great that you remembered to take them!

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 05-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #101
Pinkgirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Janet, I've just followed your link from over on the Beach/Yacht Club Thread, and spent an enjoyable hour or so reading your TR. Looking forward to more
Old 05-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #102
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laffites Landing View Post
Did your son enjoy Mission Space? At some point I will have to experience this ride and I'm not really looking forward to it. What does he think of the ride? I guess it didn't make him ill so that's a plus.
My son liked Mission Space more in past years. As a pre-teen he loved all the activities they have after the ride. He usually isn't bothered by the ride, but this time he did have some motion sickness from it, so once was enough.

All of us rode MS back in 2004 when it was full speed ahead with no Orange or Green versions. My husband and I really felt the motion sickness but our son loved it. On our last trip I was willing to go on the slower version just to accompany my son, but this time at 15 he was on his own as I had no interest at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post
Loving your latest installment! And I can't believe the wait times compared to what we experienced... WOW!
The wait times during March break really are a killer. My husband and I are looking forward to planning a trip without our son so we can go at a quiet time of year.

We offered to let our son skip school so we could go in February but it was him who insisted we go at March break so he didn't have to miss school. Hard to argue with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkgirl View Post
Hi Janet, I've just followed your link from over on the Beach/Yacht Club Thread, and spent an enjoyable hour or so reading your TR. Looking forward to more
Welcome here! Always fun to have another reader.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #103
wishinon3stars
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanetMom View Post
Thanks for the compliment on my son. We think he's a keeper.

We love taking it easy at Disney. People always look at me strange when I tell them we stay on site because we aren't big amusement park people and we don't like crowds. They don't understand even when I try to explain that by staying on site we don't have to worry about anything and we can go to the parks for as little or as long as we like.

Here's hoping the time between now and your slushie flies by fast!
When the kids were little we stayed offsite; (we didn't know any better) Now this will be our 3rd trip back to the BCV and we wouldn't do it any other way. As most of us can attest to, I get the "You're going to Disney Again?" look when people ask where we are going on vacation.

I always got those looks from my brother and his wife until they just recently (past month) went for 3 days by themselves and stayed onsite. They had the best and most relaxing time! And they want to go with us when we plan our next (after this Sept) trip! And to think I've been trying to get them to go with us on our last 2 trips! Guess I've got myself a couple of converts!!

Poly: Sept 1984 Honeymoon!; Off-site: April 1994; April 1998, July 1999;
BCV: May 2009; BCV: Sept 2010; BCV: Sept 2012;
Dolphin: June 2013; Sept 2014 BC
Old 05-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #104
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishinon3stars View Post
When the kids were little we stayed offsite; (we didn't know any better) Now this will be our 3rd trip back to the BCV and we wouldn't do it any other way. As most of us can attest to, I get the "You're going to Disney Again?" look when people ask where we are going on vacation.

I always got those looks from my brother and his wife until they just recently (past month) went for 3 days by themselves and stayed onsite. They had the best and most relaxing time! And they want to go with us when we plan our next (after this Sept) trip! And to think I've been trying to get them to go with us on our last 2 trips! Guess I've got myself a couple of converts!!
I'm usually a bit reserved when I talk about Disney to people, but usually as the trip gets closer I cannot contain myself. Just before our 2010 trip a guy at work asked what we were doing for vacation and so I quietly said Disney and tried to change the subject. He then asked me what hotel so I told him the CR and tried to change the subject, but then..... He asked me what floor or view I had requested. Oh my, I was so excited to discover I was talking to someone who knew Disney and understood the importance of onsite and the nuance of views and floors. It turned out he was a DVC owner and was well versed in all things Disney. My coworkers couldn't understand why he and I suddenly became fast friends.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #105
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Were those alligators I saw in the land? Hmmm.... perhaps we know where the BCV 'gator escaped from.

We always take the kids pictures by that flat Totem board in Canada. Anyone who doesn't cooperate or have a cheerful attitude gets fed to the Gator!

Keep posting those trip report updates. I'm dying to know if anybody had gallons of Chocolate milk and made like a Volcano!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: