Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 09:26 PM   #226
Feckless
DIS Veteran

Awwww, the bittersweet feeling of finishing a TR!

Nice bathroom, BTW, and I agree that could be the creepiest chair ever. The AC agent saying "bite me" is especially funny, knowing how they are anyway, and given the extra stress of the labour problems...

If I can get it together for the TOT race it will be September 2013 for me, otherwise 2014 for me too. Booooooo

Anyway, loved the report!!

Latest TR in progress: FROM SUNSTROKE TO A CONCUSSION: a Yacht Club Disney "Trip" to Remember http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post50508748

SMILES, SAND AND SUNSTROKE: A May 2012 Beach Club Trip of a Lifetime! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2927334

First Pre-Trip Report: From the North Atlantic to the World http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post43102751
Old 07-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #227
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post

Nice bathroom, BTW, and I agree that could be the creepiest chair ever. The AC agent saying "bite me" is especially funny, knowing how they are anyway, and given the extra stress of the labour problems...

I've had a busy day. I've been at "it" since 10 am and I'm very tired. So essentially ^^^^ What she said!

In all seriousness you did a lovely job on the report... so much so you'll just have to get back there a lot sooner so you can write another one for us.

As for the Boardwalk Inn I have a feeling some serious Steven King fans lurk on the design team for that hotel. I wouldn't be surprised if a lounge opened up over there called The "REDRUM".

And as for me, Magical Depress can take my kicking and screaming asp back if they can catch me. I stay until the bitter end....

~NM
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2012, 05:13 AM   #228
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Awesome trip report!!! So sorry it has come to and end but thanks for sharing your pictures and stories with us!

OK, that is hilarious about the bathroom and the note on the toilet! Good thing you were able to get into that other apartment!

Very cute conversation with that little girl.

Since I have boys, my BBB stories are limited, but my favorite happened to a friend of mine when she took her two girls to Disney. After a beautiful makeover at BBB, the daughter FREAKED OUT and would not be consoled until the family immediately returned to their resort to wash out all of the makeup and hairspray.

All.that.money!

Thanks, again, for all of the smiles!
Old 07-22-2012, 05:40 AM   #229
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Hi, I've just finished reading the entire trip report

I've always loved The Beach Club but now I kind of want to give The Yacht Cub a try lol, your pictures were lovely
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 07-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #230
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feckless View Post

If I can get it together for the TOT race it will be September 2013 for me, otherwise 2014 for me too. Booooooo

Thanks for following along. It has been great getting to know you through our trip reports. If business ever brings you to Toronto again, let me know and we can get together for a coffee or drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
I've had a busy day. I've been at "it" since 10 am and I'm very tired. So essentially ^^^^ What she said!

In all seriousness you did a lovely job on the report... so much so you'll just have to get back there a lot sooner so you can write another one for us.

As for the Boardwalk Inn I have a feeling some serious Steven King fans lurk on the design team for that hotel. I wouldn't be surprised if a lounge opened up over there called The "REDRUM".

And as for me, Magical Depress can take my kicking and screaming asp back if they can catch me. I stay until the bitter end....

~NM
I will take your suggestion to get back to WDW sooner, just to write another report. In the mean time, I hope to live through your trip report at the end of the year.

Thanks for interjecting your humour into my life. It is fun to have it show up at unexpected times and always makes me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Awesome trip report!!! So sorry it has come to and end but thanks for sharing your pictures and stories with us!

OK, that is hilarious about the bathroom and the note on the toilet! Good thing you were able to get into that other apartment!

Very cute conversation with that little girl.

Since I have boys, my BBB stories are limited, but my favorite happened to a friend of mine when she took her two girls to Disney. After a beautiful makeover at BBB, the daughter FREAKED OUT and would not be consoled until the family immediately returned to their resort to wash out all of the makeup and hairspray.

All.that.money!

Thanks, again, for all of the smiles!

I loved talking to that little girl. She was a nice highlight in a long day. Those hairstyles are cute but do like a bit of a burden. I can imagine that there are some girls who can't wait to be rid of it (but I'd be so upset if that were my child.)

Thank you for all your tips and tricks that made our trip better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Hi, I've just finished reading the entire trip report

I've always loved The Beach Club but now I kind of want to give The Yacht Cub a try lol, your pictures were lovely
Thanks for reading! It is fun to see people debate YC and BC, but the reality is that they are both fantastic. I'd stay at either side anytime!

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 07-23-2012, 09:40 AM   #231
hcoker1
Mouseketeer

Location: Woodstock Ontario, half way between Detroit and Toronto.

Thanks for a great report Janet! I've been reading all along and really enjoyed it. It was nice to see things from a fellow Ontarian's (is that a word??) perspective.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #232
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

I cannot even imagine arriving home at some ungodly hour only to discover that I couldn't use the toilet. You handled it much better than I would have!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 07-23-2012, 05:41 PM   #233
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcoker1 View Post
Thanks for a great report Janet! I've been reading all along and really enjoyed it. It was nice to see things from a fellow Ontarian's (is that a word??) perspective.
I'm all for making up words, so Ontarian works for me. Nice to meet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
I cannot even imagine arriving home at some ungodly hour only to discover that I couldn't use the toilet. You handled it much better than I would have!

Amanda
Although the contractor did a great job, he's not known for getting things done on time, so I thought we might have an issue with the bathroom when we got home. I made sure to tell the superintendent that I wanted the bathroom across the hall as our backup, so I figured he would have left the apartment unlocked for us. But yes - not having our bathroom availalble then was the low point of our trip.

I forgot to add one more thought about the renovations that I only realized a couple of weeks ago. I was talking to my son about how much he is growing and we went to the wall where we have marked his height over the years to compare how much he has grown since we last measured. That's when I realized.... they painted our hall, which means they painted over our growth markings. You all have seen how I love my growth chart pictures, and now my actual growth chart at home is gone.

Trip Report - March Break 2012 at the YC http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post44422655
Trip Report - March Break 2010 at CR – with stops at Poly, GF, WL, BW, BC, YC, MK, Epcot, HS, DD, and TL http://www.disboards.com/showthread....4#post35923604
Trip Report - Solo trip - A brief stay at CSR with a stop at AKL (with pics!) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post36750372

FW - 1972 (I think, I was little then!); WL - 2004; WL CL - 2007; CR CL - 2010; CSR - 2010; YC CL - 2012
Old 07-31-2012, 02:38 AM   #234
luvpoohandcompany
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say I have loved reading your report
You captured some amazing photos (even if one of them was the creepiest chair known to mankind).
So how long before you're planning the next trip lol?

Love the new bathroom by the way but so sad your "growth" chart is gone. Bet you're glad you have all your disney growth markers
Old 07-31-2012, 05:13 AM   #235
JanetMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvpoohandcompany View Post
Just wanted to say I have loved reading your report
You captured some amazing photos (even if one of them was the creepiest chair known to mankind).
So how long before you're planning the next trip lol?

Love the new bathroom by the way but so sad your "growth" chart is gone. Bet you're glad you have all your disney growth markers
Thanks for following along!

Sadly, no next trip planned yet, but I know there will be one someday.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: