Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #16
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

Save the Dates, Newsletters & Pre-RSVP

Thank you everyone who is reading along, that really means a lot!

Just a quick update tonight, a few weeks ago, we sent out our Save the Dates, A Pre-RSVP card and a newsletter. We have had such a great response from them all, everyone has loved them. We are still hanging out for our pre-rsvp's to come back to give us an indication of numbers, they are due back June 1st, so still 8 weeks to go... boo! I am impatient and want to know who is thinking about coming and not.

So here is a copy of our Save the Dates.

We were so happy with these. We got them from Etsy, the seller was so lovely and so quick. She sent me a proof first then sent me the final copy and it was in the standard 4x6 photo, so I was able to get them printed for about .10cents each which is really cheap! Then just got some magnets, to stick on the back of them.

Next is the pre-rsvp card, which I typed up and got printed on a nice purple sparkly card. I have to admit here, I did see this rsvp card on here somewhere, and I wish I could remember who the bride was, I absolutely loved them. So if you are reading here, thank you, thank you and I'm sorry I didn't ask you first about using your idea.

You will also notice a little monogram at the bottom of the card, which I also bought off Etsy from another seller. We love it and hope to use it on more wedding related things, newsletters, favours and welcome bags.

Lastly in the envelope was the newsletter. We got a lot of comments on how great the newsletter was. So I think we will be doing this at least every 3months, because there is just so much to know about WDW! Plus information for our guests as they are travelling from Australia and few people have never travelled overseas before. We also downloaded the Disney font, which is funny as a few of our guests actually thought Disney produced the newsletters for us hehe!

So that's it for tonight, its getting late, I have to get up and go to the gym in the morning, getting my bridal bootcamp starting early hehe!

Thank you for reading along
Jess

Jess & Dave - 2 Aussies engaged and married in the most magical place on earth!
jessiegirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #17
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I love your STDs!! So so cute! Sounds like you got a deal too- awesome!

The pre-RSVPs are just adorable and your newsletter looks great! It's awesome you're this far ahead- I'm sure it will help all of your guests! Can't wait to read more!
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #18
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

These are great!!

All of these little details are so wonderful and I'm glad to hear that your guests are really loving it!! I was anxious to get my RSVPs back too, so I totally understand

Have fun at your bridal bootcamp!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #19
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Jessie sweetie - I love the STDs!!! It is always a big project planning an event from so far a distance and I am sure your guests will appreciate all the notice you have given them!!
I love the logo, and you made a great job of putting the newsletters together!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:53 PM   #20
Boston Disney Bride
DIS Veteran

Hi I am excited to follow along! Your STD are adorable! I can't wait to see what else you've got planned!

(Me) (DH) (DD 3)

Childhood Trips 1987-2008 <Original Port Orleans, All Star Sports, Pop Century>
Married on Disney Boardwalk June 2010 <POFQ>
Babymoon Trip Dec 2010 <Pop Century>
First trip as family of 3 April 2013 <PORS>
5th Anniversary Trip Sept 2015 <BLT>
Boston Disney Bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #21
Jilian
DIS Veteran

Congrats and welcome! I love your STDs. I used a lot of the vendors you are using too like Il Mulino, Randy and Beaute Speciale. Good choices!

Here is Il Mulino's courtyard:

It looks exactly like the West Courtyard that you can use as a ceremony location. It is really pretty and we almost did a cocktail hour out there but didn't want to add the $1,000 minimum to our $3,000 private rooms minimum.

I can't wait to hear more about your plans!

Adventures in vow renewal planning! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2727345
Jilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:42 AM   #22
2dogmom
DIS Veteran

I love your STDs and monogram!

My Wedding Planning Journal

June, 2014 - AoA / RP @ US June, 2012 - My Swan Wedding / BC-CL
Nov 2010 - POR Aug 2008 - Poly Dec 2007 - Poly/WL Dec 2006 - Poly Sept 2006 - Portofino
Dec 2005 - Poly May 2005 - WL/Poly Oct 2004 - Poly Feb 2003 - CS Oct 2002 - AKL

2dogmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #23
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

Love your Save the Date and the paper that you chose, so pretty. I really like that kind of paper I think it makes it more "wedding-y"
Old 04-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #24
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

I love your STDs and it will be interesting to see how many guests you get with such a long trip. I bet this will be the first time that many people get to go to Disney.

I love the color of the purple (purple is my favorite color)

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #25
megsters
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl84 View Post
Thank you everyone who is reading along, that really means a lot!

Just a quick update tonight, a few weeks ago, we sent out our Save the Dates, A Pre-RSVP card and a newsletter. We have had such a great response from them all, everyone has loved them. We are still hanging out for our pre-rsvp's to come back to give us an indication of numbers, they are due back June 1st, so still 8 weeks to go... boo! I am impatient and want to know who is thinking about coming and not.

So here is a copy of our Save the Dates.

We were so happy with these. We got them from Etsy, the seller was so lovely and so quick. She sent me a proof first then sent me the final copy and it was in the standard 4x6 photo, so I was able to get them printed for about .10cents each which is really cheap! Then just got some magnets, to stick on the back of them.

Next is the pre-rsvp card, which I typed up and got printed on a nice purple sparkly card. I have to admit here, I did see this rsvp card on here somewhere, and I wish I could remember who the bride was, I absolutely loved them. So if you are reading here, thank you, thank you and I'm sorry I didn't ask you first about using your idea.

You will also notice a little monogram at the bottom of the card, which I also bought off Etsy from another seller. We love it and hope to use it on more wedding related things, newsletters, favours and welcome bags.

Lastly in the envelope was the newsletter. We got a lot of comments on how great the newsletter was. So I think we will be doing this at least every 3months, because there is just so much to know about WDW! Plus information for our guests as they are travelling from Australia and few people have never travelled overseas before. We also downloaded the Disney font, which is funny as a few of our guests actually thought Disney produced the newsletters for us hehe!

So that's it for tonight, its getting late, I have to get up and go to the gym in the morning, getting my bridal bootcamp starting early hehe!

Thank you for reading along
Jess

OHMYGOSH....

I'm usually just lurking around here, but things are starting to get rolling, so I'm beginning to post more. We met with Jennifer at S/D last week and working on getting under for 2013, also.

but..

We have the same Save the Dates!! ours are pink and we made them magnetic, but I LOVE THEM!!!

anyway. im super excited to read along with your wedding now!! pardon my rambling, im at work today, and its totally dead. but im WAY excited!!!
megsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:21 PM   #26
J.ThaddeusToad
Mouseketeer

I love your STDs! Purple was one of our wedding colors (and one of my favorites!) so I may be a little biased. Etsy is a gold mine for wedding goodies!

Me DH

J.ThaddeusToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #27
xAshleyx
Mouseketeer

Congrats !!

I am looking forward to hearing about your planning. DF and I are looking into October of 2013. I love the STDs, what site did you use to print them ?!

xAshleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:52 AM   #28
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
I love your STDs!! So so cute! Sounds like you got a deal too- awesome!

The pre-RSVPs are just adorable and your newsletter looks great! It's awesome you're this far ahead- I'm sure it will help all of your guests! Can't wait to read more!
Thankyou so much! We were so happy with our STD's. A lot of our family and friends actually thought they were Official Disney STD's hehe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
These are great!!

All of these little details are so wonderful and I'm glad to hear that your guests are really loving it!! I was anxious to get my RSVPs back too, so I totally understand

Have fun at your bridal bootcamp!
Thankyou Yep our guests are really happy and excited about the trip! I'm still hanging out for June to get them back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Jessie sweetie - I love the STDs!!! It is always a big project planning an event from so far a distance and I am sure your guests will appreciate all the notice you have given them!!
I love the logo, and you made a great job of putting the newsletters together!!
Thankyou! It is such a big project planning from so far away! I hope everyone is doing their own research and learning about how fun and exciting Disney can be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Disney Bride View Post
Hi I am excited to follow along! Your STD are adorable! I can't wait to see what else you've got planned!
Thank you for popping over and checking out my pre-wedding journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Congrats and welcome! I love your STDs. I used a lot of the vendors you are using too like Il Mulino, Randy and Beaute Speciale. Good choices!

Here is Il Mulino's courtyard:

It looks exactly like the West Courtyard that you can use as a ceremony location. It is really pretty and we almost did a cocktail hour out there but didn't want to add the $1,000 minimum to our $3,000 private rooms minimum.

I can't wait to hear more about your plans!
Thankyou! I love the courtyard outside il Mulino, I just really hope that it's not raining, have been reading really mixed reviews about weather and now i am so worried that its going to rain! I loved reading your reviews of the vendors, so thank you for providing your feedback, its been really great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogmom View Post
I love your STDs and monogram!
Thankyou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahb01 View Post
Love your Save the Date and the paper that you chose, so pretty. I really like that kind of paper I think it makes it more "wedding-y"
Thanks, I love purple so it wasn't too hard to choose hehe! but I really do love the sparkly paper its beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
I love your STDs and it will be interesting to see how many guests you get with such a long trip. I bet this will be the first time that many people get to go to Disney.

I love the color of the purple (purple is my favorite color)

Teresa
Thankyou! Yes I'm getting impatient although they are not due back until 1 June hahaha! But we have received a few back now, but we are hoping for about 20 people or so. just have to see how we go. I will be spewing if we have under 20 as we could have had an escape wedding hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsters View Post
OHMYGOSH....

I'm usually just lurking around here, but things are starting to get rolling, so I'm beginning to post more. We met with Jennifer at S/D last week and working on getting under for 2013, also.

but..

We have the same Save the Dates!! ours are pink and we made them magnetic, but I LOVE THEM!!!

anyway. im super excited to read along with your wedding now!! pardon my rambling, im at work today, and its totally dead. but im WAY excited!!!
hehe! How awesome are they!!? So many of our guests have commented on them and have made comment that they thought they were official invites from Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.ThaddeusToad View Post
I love your STDs! Purple was one of our wedding colors (and one of my favorites!) so I may be a little biased. Etsy is a gold mine for wedding goodies!
Thankyou! How good is etsy I love that place, I have bought a few more things as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAshleyx View Post
Congrats !!

I am looking forward to hearing about your planning. DF and I are looking into October of 2013. I love the STDs, what site did you use to print them ?!
Thankyou! yah for another 2013 bride! We actually just got them printed from our local store which does photo printing. So they were printed as photos and then i just added a magnet on the back! Very simple and super cheap , as the photos only cost .10cents each!

Old 04-16-2012, 05:02 AM   #29
jessiegirl84
Mouseketeer

Thank you very for following along and your comments! you are all so kind!

Well today I floated the idea past hubby to be, about flying to Orlando to do a site visit a bit of a mini getaway! So we are now looking at flights and accommodation and all that sorta thing, to see if its looking like we can make the trip.

Looking at around October/November for about 10days. Its a big journey from Australia about 16 hours direct flying!

If I was to attend, for Swan/Dolphin ladies, would I be able to meet with our wedding coordinator, as well as do a taste testing at Il Mulino as well as taste testing at It's Tasty Too for our cake?
What else could we do ?

Thank you girls so much for you thoughts! Ohh maybe an engagement shoot with Randy!!

Old 04-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #30
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiegirl84 View Post
Thank you very for following along and your comments! you are all so kind!

Well today I floated the idea past hubby to be, about flying to Orlando to do a site visit a bit of a mini getaway! So we are now looking at flights and accommodation and all that sorta thing, to see if its looking like we can make the trip.

Looking at around October/November for about 10days. Its a big journey from Australia about 16 hours direct flying!

If I was to attend, for Swan/Dolphin ladies, would I be able to meet with our wedding coordinator, as well as do a taste testing at Il Mulino as well as taste testing at It's Tasty Too for our cake?
What else could we do ?

Thank you girls so much for you thoughts! Ohh maybe an engagement shoot with Randy!!
I hope you can make the trip!!

We were able to meet up with our coordinator one time we were at WDW! Just email them with plenty of notice and tell them you'd like to schedule a meet up! We met at the S/D, did a walk through, and sat and chat together! It was great!

I'm not sure about the tasting at Il Mulino but you could definitely do one at It's Tasty Too! Again, just email or call Heather. You won't be disappointed-- her cakes are amazing!!

You may want to consider getting a hair/makeup trial done as well and start scoping out the hotels you'd like to room block (or just ones to recommend for your guests).

If you're going to do a welcome party, rehearsal dinner, or after party, I'd try to find a place on property that you like!

If I think of anything else, I'll post!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: