Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 06:15 PM   #46
WDWBarb
It was, in fact, *I* who was sounding like a loose fan belt
I need to put some distance between my coffee, my mouth and my monitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd
I went ahead and created a Fitbit group on the Fitbit site.

It is called DIS Friends.

Here is the link:

http://www.fitbit.com/group/22CL6G
I joined!!
WDWBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #47
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Got mine today! Ended up finding it at Best Buy, went for the one with the sleep tracker. I haven't been sleeping too well lately, so it'll be interesting to see what is says. Also heading to WDW this weekend, so I'm excited to see how many steps it records.

Once I get it set up, I'm going to join the DIS group, hopefully it keeps me motivated.
IloveDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-03-2013, 06:33 AM   #48
lucigo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDMB View Post
Got mine today! Ended up finding it at Best Buy, went for the one with the sleep tracker. I haven't been sleeping too well lately, so it'll be interesting to see what is says. Also heading to WDW this weekend, so I'm excited to see how many steps it records.

Once I get it set up, I'm going to join the DIS group, hopefully it keeps me motivated.
You will have to let us know what kind of activity it records at Disney! I'm in Orlando until the 9th but haven't decided what we are going to do this weekend yet other than go by Millenia to see the new fountain that my daughter helped design Really want to go to IKEA but I have to fly home so it could be dangerous! Thinking about checking out Disney's Boardwalk. Anything to add steps right?!

It hasn't taken me long to realize I need to add some "very active" activity into my day! I may have to dust off the "couch to 5K" app on the iPad.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #49
STLDisney_Freak
I don't have a short attention span, I just.....OH look a kitty! Cats are like potato chips you can't have just one! Chihauhuas, Shih Tzus and Pugs! Oh My!

I went to Disney with mine last September. I logged 20,000 one day while I was there.

Cruises sailed: 12/08 Magic - Western, 09/10 Wonder - DVC Member, 10/11 Dream - Bahamas, 05/13 Fantasy - Western, 03/14 -RC Brilliance of the Seas - STEELERS cruise! 10/14 - Wonder Double Dip
STLDisney_Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #50
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

Yeah, we aim got around 15,000 steps at the parks
Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 PM   #51
magchavez
DIS Veteran

I love my fitbit. I got it in July and got my 750 mile badge at the end of November!!! My highest day in 6 months was a day at the Magic Kingdom - 27,000 steps. We were at MK in the morning, went back to the hotel in the afternoon, then back to MK for Mickey's Not So Scary. I lost my fitbit on 12/27 and I feel totally lost without it. I finally gave up looking for it today and bought another one. I'm having a partial knee replacement on the 15th of this month and all I can think about it what's going to happen to my numbers while I'm laid up???

2006 - POR
2007 - CSR
2008 - POR
2009 - CBR and DCL (Wonder)
2010 - CBR and Disneyland
2011 - POR and DCL (Dream)
2012 - CBR
2014 - POR
magchavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #52
WDWBarb

So apparently one of the reasons I "wake up" 16x per night on average (according to my FitBit) is because I'm sleepwalking. I know this because I spent 30 minutes searching for my FitBit this morning when I woke up. I apparently thought it would be hysterical to hide it from myself in my sock drawer.

And I did this at 2 am according to my tracker.

This little thing has taught me a lot about myself.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #53
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWBarb View Post
So apparently one of the reasons I "wake up" 16x per night on average (according to my FitBit) is because I'm sleepwalking. I know this because I spent 30 minutes searching for my FitBit this morning when I woke up. I apparently thought it would be hysterical to hide it from myself in my sock drawer.

That is hysterical.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #54
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magchavez View Post
I love my fitbit. I got it in July and got my 750 mile badge at the end of November!!! My highest day in 6 months was a day at the Magic Kingdom - 27,000 steps. We were at MK in the morning, went back to the hotel in the afternoon, then back to MK for Mickey's Not So Scary. I lost my fitbit on 12/27 and I feel totally lost without it. I finally gave up looking for it today and bought another one. I'm having a partial knee replacement on the 15th of this month and all I can think about it what's going to happen to my numbers while I'm laid up???
It is addicting, isn't it? I had a medical procedure last week. And when I changed into the gown, my first thought was: I am going to miss the steps from the bathroom to the bed.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #55
lucigo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWBarb

Oh wow! Never considered it would give you that kind of info!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #56
WDWBarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucigo View Post
Oh wow! Never considered it would give you that kind of info!
It's awesome that it does! I can see that I was awakened and "up" (moving around a lot) right at 2 a.m. and then it just flat-lined (no movement at all) until 5 a.m. (when I woke up).

You have to log into fitbit.com and your dashboard to see this, but the info is there.

On another note - FitBit support is the BEST! The day DD moved back into the dorm after Christmas break, her FitBit disappeared. She was heartbroken - we were going to be FitBit buddies while she was at school. I had an idea that maybe the folks at FitBit would be able to see if her device was being sync'ed to another Smart Phone so I emailed them about it.

They replaced her device! Incredible customer service, to say the least!!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #57
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

You all have just about convinced me to go get this at Best Buy this afternoon. I have an Omron that I got in the $20 range about 2 years ago to see if I would find a pedometer useful and I love it. But it is kind of bulky to wear under my work clothes or put in my pocket. I love that the Fitbit is so small and that it can track the sleep stuff. I know that sleep is an issue for me so I would love to see exactly what is happening.

One thing I love about the Omron that I am not seeing with the Fitbit is that it tracks steps but also tracks aerobic steps so I can see when I am walking how much was done at an aerobic pace. Does the Fitbit show anything like that when you sync it?

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #58
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetoscrap View Post
You all have just about convinced me to go get this at Best Buy this afternoon. I have an Omron that I got in the $20 range about 2 years ago to see if I would find a pedometer useful and I love it. But it is kind of bulky to wear under my work clothes or put in my pocket. I love that the Fitbit is so small and that it can track the sleep stuff. I know that sleep is an issue for me so I would love to see exactly what is happening.

One thing I love about the Omron that I am not seeing with the Fitbit is that it tracks steps but also tracks aerobic steps so I can see when I am walking how much was done at an aerobic pace. Does the Fitbit show anything like that when you sync it?
Yes, it does track a good job of tracking your pace. When it loads, there are two different graphs with colors that are associated with activity. Grey is sedentary, light blue is lightly active, yellow is fairly active and red is very active. It gives you a pie graph with percentages and also a bar graph with the time of day on the x axis that shows exactly when you were sedentary, lightly active, etc. That is also how you can see what you were doing when you are asleep.

There is also a tab that you can add activity into it. So, if you are hauling groceries up and down steps, you can go in and say during the through the time period x - y, I was carrying something heavy, it will add calories burned to the steps it already counted for you.

It also lets you set an active score goal. The score starts at 0 and grows during the day depending on how active you are.

You should go to fitbit.com and create an account to see all the things it can track to help you decide.

Edited to add: Make sure you measure your stride (it tells you how), so it is accurate in determining how fast your steps are.

Last edited by Hrhpd; 01-21-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #59
lovetoscrap
Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there
Please bring back the Gecko and dump the stupid eyeballs
Just a timy bit dixzy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd View Post
Yes, it tracks the type of activity you do. When it loads, the graph shows different colors. Grey is sedentary, light blue is lightly active, yellow is fairly active and red is very active. It gives you a pie graph with percentages and also a bar graph with the time of day on the x axis that shows exactly when you were sedentary, lightly active, etc. That is also how you can see what you were doing when you are asleep.

You should go to fitbit.com and create an account to see all the things it can track to help you decide.

Edited to add: Make sure you measure your stride (it tells you how), so it is accurate in determining how fast your steps are.
SOLD!!! That was the one thing I was hoping to find. Guess I am off to Best Buy this afternoon. Thank you so much.

SCRAPbooking, I love to SCRAPbook. Don't worry, you're not the only one that read it wrong!
*Grand Duchess of Airline Check Ins and Upgrades**Lady In Waiting of The Cheap Boxed Wine Chamber**Grand Princess Royale of Cookieland* Another quality, content-rich post by LTS
lovetoscrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #60
Lanshark
Peace be still
Congratulations on your flower bloomin thingy

I saw this tread and began researching it. It looks really cool. I want to get one for both DH and me but I saw the FLEX version will be out soon. You can wear it on your wrist and it is waterproof. Any thoughts on the One vs Ultra VS flex?

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Lanshark is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: