Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 10:50 PM   #16
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

How would you wear it with a dress? I see reviews that say to slip it into your bra band, but how can it count your steps from inside your bra??
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

afnaechiquita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #17
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
How would you wear it with a dress? I see reviews that say to slip it into your bra band, but how can it count your steps from inside your bra??
I have been wearing mine on my bra, in the front between the cups. It works great. I tested it by syncing it and then going up our staircase a couple of times and syncing again. Low and behold, it counted the two stairs. I then counted my steps and synced again. Once again it was correct. So wearing on your bra works great.

We should use this Fitbit thread to keep us all motivated!
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 07:55 AM   #18
XYSRUS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
It has an accelerometer and an altimeter in it. It works great and you can calibrate your stide length for greater accuracy.

I wear mine on my bra strap.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #19
lucigo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrhpd

I have been wearing mine on my bra, in the front between the cups. It works great. I tested it by syncing it and then going up our staircase a couple of times and syncing again. Low and behold, it counted the two stairs. I then counted my steps and synced again. Once again it was correct. So wearing on your bra works great.

We should use this Fitbit thread to keep us all motivated!
I have to idea how to start something like that from my iPad, but of you would start one and post a link here I would love to join you....I think there is also a way to add friends to your fitbit site.

I've also been wearing mine on my bra and its working fine. Today we took a walk around Art of Animation and earned 6500 steps!
Old 12-31-2012, 05:12 PM   #20
IloveDMB
DIS Veteran

Is the FITBIT one worth the extra money for the sleep tracker? I'm trying to decide which one to buy.
IloveDMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #21
Janepod
The new dinning plan is out. Need to get those ressies in!

I rarely use the sleep tracker.

I also have the Fitbit scale. Synchs wirelessly via my wifi - pretty cool!
Janepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #22
lucigo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDMB
Is the FITBIT one worth the extra money for the sleep tracker? I'm trying to decide which one to buy.
I got the ultra for the sleep tracker. It's interesting to see how long it takes to fall asleep, how many hours I'm getting, the patterns, etc. will it help? I don't know yet, but it's pretty cool.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:29 PM   #23
jentifred
Earning My Ears

I've had my fitbit for nearly 2 years and I love it! Actually, I'm on my 3rd: first one got upgraded to an Ultra (gave the old one to my husband) and the 2nd died inexplicably and the fitbit people replaced it for me for free.

I love looking at my graphs, especially on days that I work (I substitute teach in the ASD cluster class at my kids' school). On a typical work day I log 4 miles just running around the school, but I've done as many as 7.

I had it with me on our Disneyland trip in 2011. Each day was about 9 miles.

Totally coveting the scale.
jentifred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:10 PM   #24
scbelleatheart
DIS Veteran

Question

How do you wear it when you sleep? I bought the cheaper ones for all my adult boys but I got the ones with the sleep thing for me and DH. The boys were so excited to get them!
So tell me how you wear it in bed while you sleep? Arm band? Do I have to buy more stuff?
scbelleatheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #25
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

I got the sleeper one and can't wait to keep track of everything.

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.
zurgswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:37 AM   #26
Hrhpd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDMB View Post
It does track calories burned during non-sleep activities (reading, etc- get your minds out of the gutter ), even when it is already on the wrist and set to 'sleep.' So if you want credit for calories burned at night, it may be worth the extra money.
Hrhpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #27
WDWBarb
It was, in fact, *I* who was sounding like a loose fan belt
I need to put some distance between my coffee, my mouth and my monitor

I finally picked one up this morning (and since I had the same goal as hundreds of other people this New Year's Day, I got the last one!).

It's very accurate. It knows exactly how many times I've been up and down the stairs in my house. It's easy to wear (clip it on your bra!). It sets up and syncs easily with an iPhone (4S or later).

What I'm not crazy about is the food tracker. It's very limited in foods pre-loaded into the database. You can load your own but it's a bit of a pain. I know the data from your device will sync to other apps but some of them appear to charge extra.

I had read that it would mistakenly count steps if you wore it in the car but I found that not to be true. I had to run an errand and it didn't count a single step during the drive. Maybe on a bumpier road.

I like it! DD has worn hers constantly since Christmas and loves it. Worth the $99, I'd say.
WDWBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #28
sookie
DIS Veteran

I started a thread on this last week so I am excited about this thread. I am leaning toward the fitbit. I was stuck between the fitbit and the lark.

I will get the Ultra because I want the sleep tracker.
sookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #29
lucigo
DIS Veteran

I am on "vacation" at my daughter's in Orlando so its been an interesting first week with the FitBit for me. Today we moved her office downstairs and swapped it with her bedroom, now upstairs. It recorded 30 times up the stairs. Now if only it would give me credit for going up the stairs carrying a mattress!!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #30
Bonniec
DIS Veteran

I love mine! I use the iphone app and just manually add in calories for whatever I eat. That part is a bit of a pain, but it will save things so once I enter them, they are there. Then it calculates how much more I can eat for the day and still lose. I find if I sit on the couch all day for a lazy day, I'm lucky if it will even give me 900 calories. But if we spend all day at the parks and walk a good 15 miles, I can eat almost 3,000 calories, lol. Basically, if I want to eat, I have to move my butt!

So DH and I walk a lot in the parks on weekeds and enjoy a bit more indulgence with food, but eat lighter during the week when our steps aren't as high.

We've both lost about 35 pounds each since October. It's a pricey little pedometer, but if you log in the food and let it track how many calorie syou have left for the day, it's awesome!

To the poster asking about the sleep tracker. It kind of sucks, imo. I used it a lot at first but gave up. It basically tracks how much you move. So if you are a restless sleeper, it will show a lot. But I have sleep apnea and it doesn't track any of that. Only when I flip over.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: