Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2012, 11:47 PM   #91
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Interruption for a day at the zoo

It’s spring break and I had to get the kids out of the house. We met up with some friends of ours at the zoo and had a busy day.

I’m just going to post pictures and not write much. Enjoy!

Animals:

We raced a pretend cheetah. The kids got smoked.

He’s so ugly he’s cute!

A spin on the carousel… just not the same as the Regal Carousel.

Isn’t he handsome?

Petting sharks:

The penguin exhibit is cool. Under the floor is a connecting pool to the other side of the exhibit behind us. You can watch the penguins swim under your feet to the other side.

Making faces:

My personal flower and garden festival:

And my two favorite shots of the day:
Old 04-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #92
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
I love that you know EXACTLY what cartie font I used... STEP AWAY FROM THE CRICUT!!!

I actually haven't used cricut cartridges in a while. I got Make the Cut software last year just as it was ending support for Cricut. And ..... I'm in scrapbook heaven cutting any font from my computer. I do recall being VERY frustrated with the lack of variety in font cartridges...... but Storybook..... I LOVED. Now I just don't have the patience for using the cartridges.

Lovely shots at the zoo! I really wish we had a decent zoo. I'm thinking of a drive across the state to St. Louis to a REAL zoo... and your shots are motivating me.

What a totally awesome cake! I'm SO glad they didn't let you skip dinner!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2012, 10:24 AM   #93
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

It was a fantastic LOOKING cake, but tasted like CARDBOARD! It was the worst gluten-free item I have ever tasted. The only reason I got it gluten-free was I am gluten intolerant, I should have just got a regular cake so they could have enjoyed it ::sigh:: I have had better results with Betty rocker out of the box cake then what the Beach Club Bakery made for us YUCK!

On a side note it is really creepy and weird how much Trevor looks like Chris, it's freaking me out a little
Old 04-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #94
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Birthday celebration looks fun.... good thing you didn't miss it. Too bad the cake didn't taste as pretty as it looked. Avocado margarita... I will have to put that on my wish list for next trip. Sounds good!

Zoo pictures are great! Your kids are super cute. Your dd has amazing eyes!!!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:17 PM   #95
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I actually haven't used cricut cartridges in a while. I got Make the Cut software last year just as it was ending support for Cricut. And ..... I'm in scrapbook heaven cutting any font from my computer. I do recall being VERY frustrated with the lack of variety in font cartridges...... but Storybook..... I LOVED. Now I just don't have the patience for using the cartridges.
I can see that. A friend of mine has been doing a lot of that on her computer too. She's trying to turn me to the dark side. I actually printed off about 120 pictures today because I'm so far behind in scrapping. Maybe now that I have prints, I'll do something.

Quote:
Lovely shots at the zoo! I really wish we had a decent zoo. I'm thinking of a drive across the state to St. Louis to a REAL zoo... and your shots are motivating me.
Thanks!

Our zoo is little, but it's well put together. I didn't even shoot as much as I would have liked. We had 6 kids in tow and it made for a long day. I barely got anything from the dolphin show, 1) due to poor lighting and 2) the kids insisted on sitting in the front row.

The got SOAKED!

Quote:
What a totally awesome cake! I'm SO glad they didn't let you skip dinner!
Me too. And I tried hard. I know better than to argue with E though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
It was a fantastic LOOKING cake, but tasted like CARDBOARD! It was the worst gluten-free item I have ever tasted. The only reason I got it gluten-free was I am gluten intolerant, I should have just got a regular cake so they could have enjoyed it ::sigh:: I have had better results with Betty rocker out of the box cake then what the Beach Club Bakery made for us YUCK!
I'm eagerly awaiting your wedding cake for a direct comparison.

Quote:
On a side note it is really creepy and weird how much Trevor looks like Chris, it's freaking me out a little
I know... I'm still waiting on the DNA test to prove he's mine...

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Birthday celebration looks fun.... good thing you didn't miss it. Too bad the cake didn't taste as pretty as it looked. Avocado margarita... I will have to put that on my wish list for next trip. Sounds good!
The avocado margarita didn't have the bite of a regular 'rita. It was very smooth and creamy. I'm serious though... that sugar rim really makes a difference!

Quote:
Zoo pictures are great! Your kids are super cute. Your dd has amazing eyes!!!
Thanks!

I can't take any claim to her either.

I swear, neither of my kids are mine.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #96
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

The cake looks really good, I havent tried anything gluten free, so I guess I would have to try it before making a statement.. Glad they made you eat dinner. Wow that shark sure has the evil eye I dont think I would stick my hand in there.

Thanks for sharing the zoo pictures and your kids looked like they had a good time on the carasouel.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #97
kwitcherkicken99

HAPPY EASTER!

Old 04-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #98
kwitcherkicken99

POST 11: Getting our feet wet

As soon as they wheeled a dolly over to lift my gut out off the bench seat, we headed towards the door. We saw Mexican Donald so I dug out my autograph book and got in line for our first official character greeting of the trip!

I was seriously sucking my gut in for this… I was SO FULL after dinner!

We climbed up the ramp and saw a large number of people crowded in the doorway. We ventured a little further to find it POURING rain outside and everyone was running for cover!

I pulled up the radar on my phone to see how big the cell was and true to any other Florida rain storm, it would be over soon. Since we had a few minutes to kill, we decided to head back inside of the pavilion and visit Donald, Panchito, and Jose.

Gran Fiesta Tour

We left Mexico and headed over to the Land pavilion. I believe we rode Soarin’… how sad is that I can’t officially remember… But we obviously took a night spin on Living with the Land and it was different to see it at night!

Then we pressed on to SE:

I’m going to take a post-break here. It was starting to go long so until next time!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #99
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I have never rode Living with the Land at night! How cool. And with the holiday decs... I bet it was even better!!
Old 04-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #100
kwitcherkicken99

LWTL is one of my all-time favorites - even way back in the day when parts of it were still contained in plastic wrap.

It was different in that main room, with no sun, and also the room with the fish & shrimp & gators - the red lights are turned off. :
Old 04-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #101
kwitcherkicken99

Okay... just read Disney has cast Angelina Jolie to play Maleficent in a live action film about Maleficent.

Not sure how I feel about this.

1) She's got the face to handle the make-up

2) This isn't exactly her type of role... there are too many clothes involved...
Old 04-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #102
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
Okay... just read Disney has cast Angelina Jolie to play Maleficent in a live action film about Maleficent.

Not sure how I feel about this.

1) She's got the face to handle the make-up

2) This isn't exactly her type of role... there are too many clothes involved...
Old 04-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #103
kwitcherkicken99

I also just heard that they are casting Tom Hanks as Walt in a biopic-ish film about how big the struggle was to get the book rights from PL Travers for Mary Poppins.

Two of my favorite men in one movie.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #104
kwitcherkicken99

POST 12: Wait… my phone rang?

MB decided she was done for the night so she headed back “home” after a spin in Spaceship Earth. We tried to talk her into staying in the park for a bit longer because we wanted to be there to see her reaction to the room first hand. I tried for a bit to get her to stay but E motioned for me to drop it, so I did. We parted ways for the night and then E and I felt the need…

the need for speed:

Then we pressed on to one of her favorite attractions:

If you’ve NEVER done Turtle Talk with Crush – you need to. It’s super cute watching the kids talk to Crush. In this particular show, a child couldn’t remember who brought him to Disney and his family, who was sitting next to us, were in absolute stitches. His aunt and uncle took him to Turtle Talk, not his parents. We all think the poor kiddo had stage fright!

Towards the end of the show, as Crush was swimming away, he stopped, turned around and wished me happy birthday! I’d never heard of that happening before and it was really special!

While we were in Turtle Talk, E got a call that didn’t come through as you can’t get reception in Sea Base Alpha. She ran outside and listened to the voicemail that was left for us.

She came to me, dragged me outside and made me listen to the message. I don’t remember the whole message but to summarize we heard this, “You made me cry… da*nit!” It was MB calling, half-talking, half-sniffling about the room decorations.

Our first surprise was a huge hit!

We walked around EP a bit more before heading back home shortly after Illuminations started. I was excited to fall into bed since it had been such a long day. A long, good day.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:38 AM   #105
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

I am so glad she like the room! You guys did a great job. I love crush!

Tags
adult trip, backstage magic tour, boardwalk inn, christmas, mvmcp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: