Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 AM   #76
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

POST 8: And even hotter…

E said they talked the hostess at San Angel into holding our reservation until I could get there. She walked back to BWI to meet up with me and help me set up the room. We were out of time and I couldn’t do the whole thing easily by myself. I told E to go ahead and eat without me, I’d have extra CS credits anyway, I’d just grab a bite somewhere in WS once I was done with the room.

She was having nothing to do with that. She was going to meet me in the lobby and that was the end of the discussion!

ME dropped me off at the Boardwalk Inn and I proceeded to the registration desk to get my key and our packages. The gal at the desk ended up changing our room and re-issued keys for E and me. MB would have to get a new key issued when we got out of the park at the end of the night because the CM didn’t want her to not be able to use her KTTW card for FP privileges.

We ran over to Bell Services to retrieve our packages where we were greeted by an amazingly helpful staff of Bell Hops. One helped us take all of our bags upstairs and even battled housekeeping for our packages since evidently they were too heavy for housekeeping to bring to us.

While we waited on our guardian angel, we pulled out of our suitcases what we needed to use to decorate and we also had to make a call to MB to let her know that I had arrived but there was a problem and we’d be to San Angel to meet up as soon as we could. We didn’t exactly have a problem but MB is gullible and believed something was truly holding us up. We unpacked like mad and our friend returned with our packages. We called MB again to tell her Bell Services lost her laptop bag (which they did NOT) and that we were waiting for them to locate it. She bought it hook, line, and sinker!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:06 AM   #77
kwitcherkicken99

I know you're all waiting for pictures of the room, so in the spirit of April Fool's Day, I'll gift you TWO UPDATES!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2012, 11:08 AM   #78
kwitcherkicken99

POST 9: Day from Hades eventually cools off

We divided and conquered and decorated the room as quickly as we could. This is what we “threw” together over the next hour:

Front door – in the beginning there was a big Christmas tag that read, “To MB From Santa”:

The couch:

The TV hutch:

Table between the beds:

Bathroom vanity:

Desk:

Beds & Walls:

Lattice doors (pay close attention to our “view”
):

Once we were pleased with our placing of Christmas things and rushed down the Boardwalk,

through the International Gateway and on to Mexico

in about 7 minutes flat.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:22 AM   #79
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

OMG your room looks awesome. I wish I had such creativity (and a chance to travel with a good friend!)
Old 04-01-2012, 12:26 PM   #80
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

OMG, your room is amazing! I can't believe what a good job you did. The "there is no place like home" what exactly is that? It looks like the words are a part of the walls.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:59 PM   #81
LegoMom3

Me and mine are way overdue

Amazing!! I love surprising people. The room is SO cool!

Old 04-01-2012, 06:36 PM   #82
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
OMG, your room is amazing! I can't believe what a good job you did. The "there is no place like home" what exactly is that? It looks like the words are a part of the walls.
It was actually letters I cut out of my Cricut last spring. I found some brushed gold paper and used some vibrant green and layered them. Give me a minute to find the original pictures I took with my phone. We were going to use red, but it looked more like a circus big top than high class lettering!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:59 PM   #83
kwitcherkicken99

Tree - pre-Disneyfied

Jiminy phrase

Tink phrase

On the wall 1

On the wall 2

Characters we hung on the vanity mirrors

I had an Alice that we were going to use but I just didn't like how she came out. Her eyes were too creepy.

The Tink character came together much nicer, so we swapped her out. Funny how it ended up the two most insignificant characters that turned out to be park icons ended up being our choices for the wall. Walt was encouraged to use the two as main icons for Disneyland because they were small. If Walt used Mickey and people hated Disneyland, well, they were in trouble. His council figured if he used small characters that were main characters and the park failed, they wouldn't be damaged as bad.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #84
kwitcherkicken99

PS - we affixed all that stuff with sticky tack so we wouldn't damage the walls. We hung the ribbon on the door with command strips.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:19 PM   #85
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
It was actually letters I cut out of my Cricut last spring. I found some brushed gold paper and used some vibrant green and layered them. Give me a minute to find the original pictures I took with my phone. We were going to use red, but it looked more like a circus big top than high class lettering!
I remember you made things with your Cricut... and knew they turned out nice... but HOLY COW they look even better in the room as decorations!!!
Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #86
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, we were pretty happy and proud with how it all turned out. We didn't even put everything up because of our time crunch. The room was supposed to have light on the patio and doors, never put them up and sadly like an idiot the ipod I had playing in the room with Christmas music was not set on loop so when my mom finally saw the room it was quiet So in the end it did not go as planned. then no music part though really bummed me out since I know how much more special it would have made it for her.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:33 PM   #87
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

OK, I'm finally all caught up! Kind of bad to be behind after only 6 pages, but that's just my life lately.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the room decorations!

You did great with that Cricut! The Storybook cartridge has always been my favorite font!

What an awful start you had. I sure hope things picked up soon!

Can't wait to start comparing notes. But wait..... if you arrived on the 11th...... then I guess you're not homefree. As I recall, Mother Nature had a curve ball for you later that nght.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:34 AM   #88
usnuzuloose

Loosing Doomed Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
usnuz... I just looked at your ticker....

It says "Gas Bound"

Part of Daisy is covering the V and E!

Leave it to you to notice something like that!

Your room decorating looked amazing and it didnt take that long to do it. How fun to have xmas in WDW. Our only trip there was in Dec and it was so awesome.! Cant wait to read some more.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #89
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
OK, I'm finally all caught up! Kind of bad to be behind after only 6 pages, but that's just my life lately.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the room decorations!

You did great with that Cricut! The Storybook cartridge has always been my favorite font!

What an awful start you had. I sure hope things picked up soon!

Can't wait to start comparing notes. But wait..... if you arrived on the 11th...... then I guess you're not homefree. As I recall, Mother Nature had a curve ball for you later that nght.
I love that you know EXACTLY what cartie font I used... STEP AWAY FROM THE CRICUT!!!

Guess who picked up the Toy Story cartridge on clearance today.

And per the weather... WAIT FOR IT!!! WAIT FOR IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnuzuloose View Post
Leave it to you to notice something like that!
It's like those GasX commercials where the people only hear the flatulence words... it just kinda stuck out!

Quote:
Your room decorating looked amazing and it didnt take that long to do it. How fun to have xmas in WDW. Our only trip there was in Dec and it was so awesome.! Cant wait to read some more.
Ask and ye shall receive!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:23 PM   #90
kwitcherkicken99

POST 10: Have you met my friend, tequila?

We were officially over 2 ˝ hours late to our ADR at San Angel and the hostess was so wonderful when I got there looking completely disheveled. We told MB that Bell Services lost her bag but that they found it after it fell off the cart their suitcases were on and got buried under a group of bags, but long story (and almost 2 hours later…) they found it and we were on our way!

I was overwhelmed with the inside of the pavilion. I had been through before but NEVER paid attention to anything besides the path between the door and the Gran Fiesta Tour…

We viewed this:

and this:

It was so pretty inside!

We all decided that drinks were in order and being in Mexico, what else would we order besides margaritas?

That one is Erica’s. I ordered the avocado margarita and it was a taste that I found to be quite nice. It wasn’t like anything I’d ever had before - very creamy and smooth. The sugar rim (which I never take – I’m a salt rim kind of girl) was a pleasant addition to the beverage. It's infused with Hibiscus and very smooth.

We ate really well. I ordered a modified version of the Pollo a las Rajas and it was divine! I’m allergic to MSG, black pepper, and salmon, so everything I eat in the World is a modified version of itself. I was over the moon to find out that I could have the poblano rice that accompanied the chicken. It was tasty and really made the dish.

I ate too much – I figured I could spare a few calories since I’d worked my butt off (literally) and lost 24 lbs before the trip.

To my surprise, our waitress came to our table with a huge entourage and this – a gluten free birthday cake decked out in my favorite attraction, the Enchanted Tiki Room!

After a rousing chorus of Feliz Cumpleańos we dug in.

I’ve never had gluten free anything (on purpose) and I didn’t think the cake was that bad. I was told that it wasn’t the greatest and I just went with it. Who am I to judge when I have nothing to compare it to?

MB presented me with a little gift as well since we were celebrating my birthday (that was officially 5 days prior to our arrival at WDW). It was a pin!

and E gave me my Happy Birthday button from the Disney parks.

Now I understood why she wasn’t having any part of me skipping lunch.

Tags
adult trip, backstage magic tour, boardwalk inn, christmas, mvmcp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: