Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2012, 03:58 PM   #16
kwitcherkicken99
Sleep keeps me pretty. CAFFEINE keeps me NICE!
This vicarious living is wonderful!
I'll take getting my feet up all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post

Yeah!!!

I get to live vicariously through... hey wait a minute, I'm a supporting role in this TR. Can you live vicariously through yourself?

Meh, my next trip isn't for months, and even then it is only Sioux Falls, lets get this party starting I'm dying to know what... hey wait a minute

This is going to be like someone blurting out the end to Harry Potter book 6 (which sadly I have done to one poor unsuspecting soul {sorry Dylan} ) and yet still read the books {not sure if he did finish}.

Anywho I am here, I'm supportive, I'm comic relief (not that we need it) and I promise to try and stay an active lurker (sorry Janet) LETS GO! Where is my next installment!!!

Have I mentioned I love you yet today
We might need some relief!

And you can't spill ANY BEANS... no matter how much Janet begs you to learn the reason behind the title of the TR!

I'll see your next installment and raise you a posting!

MWAHHHHH!
Old 03-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #17
kwitcherkicken99

Hot dog!

Not even 24 hours old and I've turned a page!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2012, 04:01 PM   #18
kwitcherkicken99

POST 4: The Plot thickens…

We secured airfare for me at the best possible time of day. My flight would leave Indianapolis at 7 a.m. and arrive at MCO around 9:15a. We planned for lunch at 1:00 at San Angel. Providing my flight landed perfectly, I’d have time to grab my luggage, get the packages we mailed ahead, then run up to the room, decorate it, then hightail it over to Mexico. We would tell MB that I wasn’t going to land until noon and I’d have a good amount of time to decorate and get to the park.

Simple, right? :

Not so much…

Remember the box headache I alluded to in my last post?
Quote:
and with bag fees so high we knew we needed to ship boxes ahead (and the headache that comes along with it – more on that in a bit…)

Well… we learned the HARD way what NOT to do when shipping boxes to the Walt Disney Property.

We both mailed our packages early in the week after Thanksgiving to make sure we had a good enough buffer for the annual higher volume of mail traffic due to the holidays. We packed our goods and sent them US Mail. I called BWI directly to get on our reservation that we would have some boxes and to PLEASE not let MB, the primary on our reservation, know anything about them.

Once E and MB arrived in Florida and I got confirmation from USPS that my packages had arrived at the Walt Disney World property I called BWI to confirm they made it to the resort. No one had a CLUE as to what I was talking about… I called the next day and the next a few times. FINALLY I got all the way up to a manager for them to inform me that all USPS mail goes to the central warehouse and not directly to the resort. ONLY UPS and FedEx packages go directly to the resorts.

Luckily a day prior to my arrival, our packages made it out of the central warehouse and over to BWI where they were safely tucked into housekeeping until I was ready to reclaim them.

Sadly though, this wasn't our lone hiccup for arrival day.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #19
kwitcherkicken99

Photos for pharmjenn

This was the view outside the door of the elevators we used to get to our room.

Boardwalk Bakery sign (where we could successfully trade CS for snack credits):

Sunset on the Boardwalk:

Old 03-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #20
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Forecast for this TR at the moment? Sound like a couple of bumpy hiccoughs are scheduled along the way.

What made you choose USPS for mailing packages and not UPS or FedEx?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 03-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #21
PrincessInOz
in

Nice pictures!

Not that I'm complaining....any chance of them being a little bit bigger? My old fogie eyes are no longer what they once were....

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 03-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #22
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Forecast for this TR at the moment? Sound like a couple of bumpy hiccoughs are scheduled along the way.

What made you choose USPS for mailing packages and not UPS or FedEx?
1) USPS is cheaper

2) The post office is under attack as a failing business when in fact it is not. There is red tape involved and that's all I'll say for fear of getting my TR shut down for politics!

3) Every time I've sent something UPS over the last 10 years, the packages have been dented, destroyed, not taken care of.

4) I've not had a good run with FedEx either. The dealings I've had with them concerning my photography have left a bad taste in my mouth.

USPS is the only group I trust to take care of my items at the moment.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:00 PM   #23
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Nice pictures!

Not that I'm complaining....any chance of them being a little bit bigger? My old fogie eyes are no longer what they once were....
Um... would it be awful of me to say no??

I resized all 308 images to 4x6 at screen resolution. Didn't realize they'd be that small on here... If I change anything it'll sacrifice the integrity of the of image and henceforth suck.

Please forgive me!!!
Old 03-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #24
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

thanks for the pics. The size was fine on my 20in screen. I can't wait to hear how if MB found out about the boxes on checkin.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #25
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwitcherkicken99 View Post
1) USPS is cheaper

2) The post office is under attack as a failing business when in fact it is not. There is red tape involved and that's all I'll say for fear of getting my TR shut down for politics!

3) Every time I've sent something UPS over the last 10 years, the packages have been dented, destroyed, not taken care of.

4) I've not had a good run with FedEx either. The dealings I've had with them concerning my photography have left a bad taste in my mouth.

USPS is the only group I trust to take care of my items at the moment.
I like USPS too. Just wanted to know why you didn't use UPS nor FedEx like a lot of Dis-sers do. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Um... would it be awful of me to say no??

I resized all 308 images to 4x6 at screen resolution. Didn't realize they'd be that small on here... If I change anything it'll sacrifice the integrity of the of image and henceforth suck.

Please forgive me!!!

That's okay. It's fine.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:33 PM   #26
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
thanks for the pics. The size was fine on my 20in screen. I can't wait to hear how if MB found out about the boxes on checkin.
No problem! There are a few more I could dig out if you'd like.

Allears has a really nice BWV gallery, have you checked there yet?

And I'll give you a hint...

the answer to your question will be coming VERY soon!

Old 03-24-2012, 11:39 PM   #27
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

I am definitely in on this TR! I can hardly wait to read all about the surprises you have in store! I love the Epcot resorts - we have only stayed at BWV on every visit but never BWI so I can't wait to see the room, the view and how you all loved it.

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
Old 03-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #28
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi!!!

After my DIS-hiatus I was afraid I'd lose touch with everyone! Glad you popped over.

I'll be heading over to your TR to see how your trip panned out soon.

Been dealing with 2 kids with strep and DH has a sinus infection.

How's your family doing?
Well, I am glad you are back! Sorry to hear that your family is dealing with the crud... ours too. I guess it is the time of year. I had dd tested for strep though...and thankfully it wasn't that. Strep is so not fun.

Quote:
We secured airfare for me at the best possible time of day. My flight would leave Indianapolis at 7 a.m. and arrive at MCO around 9:15a. We planned for lunch at 1:00 at San Angel. Providing my flight landed perfectly, I’d have time to grab my luggage, get the packages we mailed ahead, then run up to the room, decorate it, then hightail it over to Mexico. We would tell MB that I wasn’t going to land until noon and I’d have a good amount of time to decorate and get to the park.

Simple, right? :

Not so much…

Remember the box headache I alluded to in my last post?

Well… we learned the HARD way what NOT to do when shipping boxes to the Walt Disney Property.

We both mailed our packages early in the week after Thanksgiving to make sure we had a good enough buffer for the annual higher volume of mail traffic due to the holidays. We packed our goods and sent them US Mail. I called BWI directly to get on our reservation that we would have some boxes and to PLEASE not let MB, the primary on our reservation, know anything about them.

Once E and MB arrived in Florida and I got confirmation from USPS that my packages had arrived at the Walt Disney World property I called BWI to confirm they made it to the resort. No one had a CLUE as to what I was talking about… I called the next day and the next a few times. FINALLY I got all the way up to a manager for them to inform me that all USPS mail goes to the central warehouse and not directly to the resort. ONLY UPS and FedEx packages go directly to the resorts.

Luckily a day prior to my arrival, our packages made it out of the central warehouse and over to BWI where they were safely tucked into housekeeping until I was ready to reclaim them.

Sadly though, this wasn't our lone hiccup for arrival day.
Oh...what a headache in deed!!! I hope that the next hiccup wasn't too bad.

Love the pictures, btw!!! I think BW is where I want dh and I to stay for our 25 year anniversary (in a couple years)
Old 03-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #29
DISNEYaddict4evr
Now some person I don't even know reminds me there's no eating, drinking, smoking, or flash photography allowed in my dream.

Quote:
Jenn failed to mention that I was in SeaWorld with my mom while this was happening and I am sneaking off to use the restroom to call and find out all of this is going on... talk about stressful!!! Thankful Jenn held the reins and said not to worry that she would take care of it
Old 03-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #30
kwitcherkicken99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYaddict4evr View Post
Jenn failed to mention that I was in SeaWorld with my mom while this was happening and I am sneaking off to use the restroom to call and find out all of this is going on... talk about stressful!!! Thankful Jenn held the reins and said not to worry that she would take care of it
I was trying to block that all out.

Remember I was battling this during a photo shoot and my phone was blowing up with calls too?

::curls into a ball and goes to my happy place::

Tags
adult trip, backstage magic tour, boardwalk inn, christmas, mvmcp

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: